Final Fantasy Boxed SET ( FFVII, FFVIII,FFIX) Strategy guides

Shadowmoses12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I didn't see a topic on this
http://www.amazon.com/FINAL-FANTASY-FFVII-FFVIII-FFIX/dp/1101898046/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1407382752&sr=1-1&keywords=final+fantasy+box+set
$123.49

http://www.gamestop.com/strategy-guides/final-fantasy-box-set-ffvii-ffviii-ffix/116349
$129.99

i'll probably pick this up if the price is right, since i heard the guide for FFIX sucked.

Includes:
• The Final Fantasy Box Set is a must have for fans of this beloved series.

• The set includes hardcover versions of Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy IX,each comes with a ribbon bookmark and deluxe cover treatment.

• Each guide has been redesigned from scratch and updated with new high resolution screen shots. In
addition, the set comes with three iconic game images printed for first time as holographic lithographs.
• The three holographic prints are secured in a beautiful slipcase with magnetic closure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys sorry that I was gone for awhile. I had something going on in my life, but thank you for pointing out the boxed sex. I enjoyed all the cag on here making fun of my mistake. I enjoyed it.
Still didn't fix "Stragety". I didn't even notice the sex typo.

I want to buy this just to replace my terrible PlayOnline FFIX Guide.  But it seems a bit Lofty on the price though, and why not include X, X-2, XII as well.

Ordered at $85, but not sure if I'm going to keep it. I'll wait till it gets closer to shipping date and see hoe valuable this thing will be

This set is down to $77.99 (40% off) now. Amazon rarely has guide preorders drop below that percentage-savings, so I'd lock in a preorder if you have the slightest interest in the guides.

Woah $77 is very attractive for this set. Really want a hardcover of FFVII ever since I bought the original hardback XIII guide.

I locked an order in at that price, doubt I'll keep it though unless it goes a bit lower.

I haven't even picked up that Zelda box set which is a better value and makes more sense for me as a bigger fan of Zelda than I am of FF...

I still don't get this release, it's just so random. I wish it had VI in there as well, as that is my favorite FF game.

I locked an order in at that price, doubt I'll keep it though unless it goes a bit lower.

I haven't even picked up that Zelda box set which is a better value and makes more sense for me as a bigger fan of Zelda than I am of FF...

I still don't get this release, it's just so random. I wish it had VI in there as well, as that is my favorite FF game.
the reason it don't have that guide is cause it was made by Brady games while this set is made by Prima

Is Prima going to follow this model for well established franchises since the Zelda Box Set was somewhat of a success? I dont see this selling as well as the Zelda one unless they limit it and create some sort of cool packaging.

Is Prima going to follow this model for well established franchises since the Zelda Box Set was somewhat of a success? I dont see this selling as well as the Zelda one unless they limit it and create some sort of cool packaging.
the Zelda one was nice but a success not really

S-E just loves to go to nostalgia land and HD remake this and release strategy guides for OLD fan favorites. They need to focus on developing new ideas, get away from FF a bit more and try to just innovate to something new even if it doesn't have the fanciest graphics ever or such, like on portable games.

I can't remember how amazon works, but say you lock a pre/order and then it goes on sale for $20 less down the road, will amazon honour the new temporary sale price?? Or will they still charge you, your locked in price??

I can't remember how amazon works, but say you lock a pre/order and then it goes on sale for $20 less down the road, will amazon honour the new temporary sale price?? Or will they still charge you, your locked in price??
You will always get the lowest price during the preorder.

i preordered it for 85.79 and with the price drop they gave it to me for the 79.00 or what ever it is now

... You realize what they are doing... $130 for a set of guides, then knocking like $40 off and saying it is a "Sale" or whatever... when the guides themselves I wouldn't say are worth more than $15 or so a piece... I LOVE and I mean FAVORITE GAME LOVE FFVIII but would not spend that much for a hardbound copy of essentially screenshots.

When this was first posted everyone was asking what the heck Prima* was thinking when they put the price tag on. Then, give a noticable discount on the (STILL overpriced) price and people are jumping on it.

There is a difference between something being on sale, and something being a DEAL.

Wait for the price to go down, and hold off on it, if you really want there are some VERY nice Final Fantasy things you can buy with the money instead.

... You realize what they are doing... $130 for a set of guides, then knocking like $40 off and saying it is a "Sale" or whatever... when the guides themselves I wouldn't say are worth more than $15 or so a piece... I LOVE and I mean FAVORITE GAME LOVE FFVIII but would not spend that much for a hardbound copy of essentially screenshots.

When this was first posted everyone was asking what the heck Brady was thinking when they put the price tag on. Then, give a noticable discount on the (STILL overpriced) price and people are jumping on it.

There is a difference between something being on sale, and something being a DEAL.

Wait for the price to go down, and hold off on it, if you really want there are some VERY nice Final Fantasy things you can buy with the money instead.
A couple of things:

1. This set will be released by Prima, not Brady.

2. I have the set preordered on the off-chance that there's more to these guides than just hardcover bindings and updated screenshots. If it turns out that that's all there is to them, I'll cancel the set ASAP.

A couple of things:

1. This set will be released by Prima, not Brady.

2. I have the set preordered on the off-chance that there's more to these guides than just hardcover bindings and updated screenshots. If it turns out that that's all there is to them, I'll cancel the set ASAP.
For more information on this visit PLAYONLINE!

When this was first posted everyone was asking what the heck Prima* was thinking when they put the price tag on. Then, give a noticable discount on the (STILL overpriced) price and people are jumping on it.

Most of us know it isn't cheap yet, but 79.99 is a good lock in price and see where it goes. If it knocked down 30%, chances of the price going down more is abit higher now. There's no commitment yet. I still have till 1 week before shipping to make up my mind. Chances are that I'm not keeping it until it drops further more, but why take a chance that it sells out.

Let's also not forget that $20-25 is the standard price for most CE guides, so at $77 that puts these right in that wheelhouse - which is far from gauging in my opinion.

However, if the price doesn't drop lower or sell out then I'll certainly be dropping my pre-order as I'm not all that attached to these iterations of the FF series in particular.

I could see myself dropping $50 on a SMRPG: LotSS guide though. ;)

In the last seven or so years just about every guide that I've picked up has been more for the artwork and extras then it's been for the help. You can find just about everything online, so it really boils down to having a cool physical collectable.

Hmmm....why would anyone buy this?  I know there are dedicated fans of the games but how could SE or Prima see a market for this?  UNLESS there are some HD Remakes coming down the line soon??  *Fingers crossed.  

Hmmm....why would anyone buy this? I know there are dedicated fans of the games but how could SE or Prima see a market for this? UNLESS there are some HD Remakes coming down the line soon?? *Fingers crossed.
Gamescom is this week, so I'm hoping for some sort of announcement related to this. If not at Gamescom, then maybe at TGS... :pray:

Keeping my preorder open until more info trickles through. i scored big by preordering the first pressing of The Sky early, hopefully this will be similar

I bit at $78...it'll still get the lower price anyway if it drops a bit again. Easy for me because FF 7,8 and 9 are my favorite in the series. Just hope the guides have a bit more than just actual walkthroughs. 

bread's done
Back