Final Fantasy XII Limited Edition Preorder

psincubus

CAGiversary!
Gamestop:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=281613

EBGames:
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=281613

Tentative Release Date: 10/31/2006

If this is anything like the MGS 3: Subsistence LE get your orders in now.

Details:

The Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition for the PS2 is a Gamestop/EB Games EXCLUSIVE title!

The Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition will be packaged in a steel case and includes a Collector's DVD with the following contents:

* Developer's Interviews
* History of Final Fantasy featurettes
* Final Fantasy XII U.S. Trailers
* Final Fantasy XII Japan Trailers
* Final Fantasy Art Gallery

Edit: Thanks to Shrike for the free shipping codes:

EBGames use SAVER
Gamestop use FREESHIPALL

You may need to follow eb's or gamestop's link on the home page of cheapassgamer to get the codes to work.

[quote name='fatbeer']gamestop overproduce too many collector's edition. every store i went have at least 5:1 compare to normal edition.just type in your zipcode and almost all or all store have atleast 4+.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=281613[/quote]

Ditto. 11 GS within a 10 miles radius from my ZIP all with 4+ copies of FFXII:CE.

Actually the NON Collector Edition is gonna be harder to find LOL .

[quote name='FFBlitzace']I ordered from ebgames.com with SAVER (was too lazy to change to the free 3 day shipping when it came out =\ ) and haven't got it yet. For the past 2 days since I've been checking, my tracking number isn't recognized at usps.com. Is that normal for ebgames.com?[/QUOTE]

i have the exact same problem as u. man i thought this is limited thats why i preordered online. i couldve just walk in the store and pick it up yesterday. i still havent gotten yet. unbelievable. i heard some ppl got their discs scratched.

The Gamestop I went to (In Pasadena California by BB) had lots of CE's as well. They basically tiled the cabinet with it. Now I'm annoyed that I can't get 20% off for the LE guide. I didn't think it was needed as I never buy any strategy guides, but after playing this game for an hour. The vast-ness and all that, I think I'd like to have a guide with me for my 2nd run of the game when I do finish this.

If anyone knows any deals on how to get the FFXII LE strategy guide at a discounted price, let us know! Thanks. (I'm going to try to call a local Gamestop and see if they're willing to let me snag one at 20% off even though I ordered the game online)

Did you buy the game from them? Maybe if you can prove it to them you bought it from their online store, maybe they'll let you get it for 20% off. Or you can buy the regular guide from amazon.com for like 12 dollars.

[quote name='wgsquallx2002']The Gamestop I went to (In Pasadena California by BB) had lots of CE's as well. They basically tiled the cabinet with it. Now I'm annoyed that I can't get 20% off for the LE guide. I didn't think it was needed as I never buy any strategy guides, but after playing this game for an hour. The vast-ness and all that, I think I'd like to have a guide with me for my 2nd run of the game when I do finish this.

If anyone knows any deals on how to get the FFXII LE strategy guide at a discounted price, let us know! Thanks. (I'm going to try to call a local Gamestop and see if they're willing to let me snag one at 20% off even though I ordered the game online)[/quote]You just need to show your receipt, well at least at my local EB they let you. They're really lenient about it so give it a shot. The 20% knocks off about $8, it's almost like you're buying the regular strategy guide. As for what cover you get, you can tell what you are going to get if you push BOTH books in opposite directions (north and south). Then just look at the back of the strategy guide to match what you see.

[quote name='Thongsy']Did you buy the game from them? Maybe if you can prove it to them you bought it from their online store, maybe they'll let you get it for 20% off. Or you can buy the regular guide from amazon.com for like 12 dollars.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I remember someone asked the manager in my store b/c he wasnt sure if he wanted the guide and the manager said as long as you come back within 24 hrs you can still get the discount.

Not sure if this is policy or ymmv though.

I don't think these will be more common than the regular version if they don't make anymore. Remember GS is the only one with these, so it won't be as common as the Halo 2 CE or the Jade Empire LE...

Slightly off topic--

Has anyone else had problems with the extras disc? I can't get the Music interview to play. I was just wondering if this was a universal problem or if I maybe need to try it in a friend's DVD players.

Well, I went to GS/EB (had CE pre-ordered) looked at the case and saw that the middle case was filled with CE. So I asked if I could just move my pre-order to Gears of War CE. They said no problem. Just going to go to best buy and get a PM+10% (and the art book if still available). I could justify a 10 dollar difference, but not a $25+ difference. I'll just pick it up used eventually.

[quote name='sheepboy_1923']Slightly off topic--

Has anyone else had problems with the extras disc? I can't get the Music interview to play. I was just wondering if this was a universal problem or if I maybe need to try it in a friend's DVD players.[/QUOTE] Ya, same with mine. I heard it's a universal problem.

The LE guide isn't limited to just EB/GS...is it? It shows as a preorder on release sometime in November for Overstock & Walmart for under $20. If that's the case, I'd rather wait and nab a guide then for the price of a greatest hits title than shell out $5 extra needlessly ($30 @ GS - $6 = $24.)

Gotta a question about preorders; in your experience how long does EBStop hold preorders for you? Lacking foresight I preordered the game at the EB near my house and I won't be back from my campus till Nov 19th. Would it be safe to wait that long or should I nag me poor mum to go get it for me?

[quote name='super_nerd']Gotta a question about preorders; in your experience how long does EBStop hold preorders for you? Lacking foresight I preordered the game at the EB near my house and I won't be back from my campus till Nov 19th. Would it be safe to wait that long or should I nag me poor mum to go get it for me?[/quote]48 hours.

[quote name='SlaughterX']Wow Wal-Mart.com has the guide for under $19... I should have known better than to get it at GS, but in a way it was on them so I don't care too much...[/QUOTE]

nooo.........................
I feel guilty whenever I realize that I could have gotten it cheaper elsewhere. I could have gotten a few items from the value menu over at McDonald's.
oh well....
:whistle2:(

[quote name='LXL_Guy']Any way to fix this problem or no?![/quote]

I don't know of any way to remedy a DVD manufacturing error after release.

I can indeed say that yes for those of us that ordered the game online you can get the LE guide for 20% off. All I did was call my local GS (South Coast Plaza) in Southern Cali and asked the guy that answered the phone two questions. First, if they had extra LE guides and once he said yes if I could get the 20% off even though I ordered the game online, and he also said yes to that.

So I went over to the GS and the employee even let me look at the LE guides to get the cover I wanted. It wasn't hard at all to know what the cover is since they all had about a micrometer view on the bottom that you can match to the covers on the back. I had to choose between the bunny girl and the princess, Ashe. I ended up choosing Ashe since she looks so hot, especially in that red skimpy mini skirt type outfit. Anyways, as long as they have extra LE guides I do not see a problem doing the 20% off, and don't forget to take the packing slip/receipt with you showing that you did purchase the game online.

[quote name='Indonesia']anyone know why in ebgames.com it says the LE guide is EB/gamestop exclusive only?[/QUOTE]

Because it is. Walmart and Amazon solicitated it but have yet to ship it out. Good chance it's been changed since solicitation and noone else is getting it other than EB/GS.

[quote name='super_nerd']:cry:[/quote]

If they have a whole bunch of copies they need to get rid, they'll honor your reserve for quite some time. I am speaking from experience.

Ya, same with mine. I heard it's a universal problem.

That sucks, thye better start giving refunds or another copy.

[quote name='super_nerd']:cry:[/quote]Don't give up though. I'm pretty sure most EB/GS still have quite a few left. At least try to get one by the end of the week just to be safe.

So I picked up my tin from EB (got it with trade in credit).

I really would rather just keep my 38 dollar copy from BB with the mini artbook.

Should I just sell this thing on ebay? I don't understand why people are paying 70+ for it when it's availible online from gamestop.

[quote name='sheepboy_1923']Slightly off topic--

Has anyone else had problems with the extras disc? I can't get the Music interview to play. I was just wondering if this was a universal problem or if I maybe need to try it in a friend's DVD players.[/QUOTE]

I had no problems playing the DVD, including the Music interview, on my Xbox 360.

[quote name='FFBlitzace']I ordered from ebgames.com with SAVER (was too lazy to change to the free 3 day shipping when it came out =\ ) and haven't got it yet. For the past 2 days since I've been checking, my tracking number isn't recognized at usps.com. Is that normal for ebgames.com?[/QUOTE]I'm in the same boat. What omicron said about USPS tracking sounds about right, though, which is an annoyance.

[quote name='blueshinra']I'm in the same boat. What omicron said about USPS tracking sounds about right, though, which is an annoyance.[/QUOTE]

yea... thats a big problem. i hope im getting it today.

anyone pre-order the LE guide from walmart? I did yesterday. The CS said they don't know when they will get it. And now I am skeptical since looks like EB/GS exclusive only

Confirmation that the guide is ONLY at GS/EB, and all other retailers are just getting the regular guide, is available on BradyGames' site, the publishers of the guide.

"BradyGames' Limited Edition Guide is the FINAL FANTASY XII collector's dream!Only available at GameStop and EB Games, this special package includes an exclusive Art Book with spectacular images of the characters, airships, monsters and races of Ivalice. You also get the Signature Series Guide, packed with strategy, maps, quest data, item lists, and a 2-sided poster—bound in one of six collectible covers not available anywhere else. This Limited Edition is truly limited. Get yours while supplies last—go to your local GameStop or EB Games store to get your Limited Edition Guide today!"

Nuts. :bomb:

Yeah, I knew that LE guide "pre-order" at Walmart and Overstock are BS, just like the Amazon one! They are both OOS now! The interesting thing is I pre-ordered one from overstock a few days ago, I noticed today my CC is charged and the item status is now "accepted"... I bet this will trun out to be some kind of mistake...

It seems like almost anyone who is selling the limited game and guide at a high price on ebay is doing so to someone in Europe or South America.....

[quote name='Caliburn']. This Limited Edition is truly limited.
[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's truly limited someplace that's not the US... according to the locator, every EB / GS must be sitting on piles of this guide since they all say 4 +.

Once again, a company WAY overproduces and nothing holds its value.

I went to the Gamestop near my house and there was literally 10 copies of the LE just sitting there. Certainly isn't limited where I am.

I finally got my CE game in the mail today, and it's beat to sh**. Seriously, it's all bent up. How does that happen? The thing is ruined.

Like you guys said, my local EB should have plenty, but in the off chance they don't, they better produce one out of their ass because I am pissed off right now.

My girl picked my CE FFXII game yesterday but she lives 40 mins from me so i couldnt pick up. I got a LE Guide today but after realizing that i got a cover that i didnt want (a dude) i went to EB Games to exchnge for the Ashe cover.

[quote name='FFBlitzace']I finally got my CE game in the mail today, and it's beat to sh**. Seriously, it's all bent up. How does that happen? The thing is ruined.[/quote]
WTF! Don't tell me that they shipped the shit in a padded envelope?!

[quote name='P dad']It seems like almost anyone who is selling the limited game and guide at a high price on ebay is doing so to someone in Europe or South America.....[/quote] Of course, where else but oversea? People in the US would be pretty stupid for paying that much for such abundant copies of FFXII CE. But I am not taking chances with international buyers ever again.

[quote name='anubis20']My girl picked my CE FFXII game yesterday but she lives 40 mins from me so i couldnt pick up. I got a LE Guide today but after realizing that i got a cover that i didnt want (a dude) i went to EB Games to exchnge for the Ashe cover.[/quote]

and they let you? that was cool of them if they did.

[quote name='sleepy916']and they let you? that was cool of them if they did.[/QUOTE]

i didnt open it, i used the north, south method by oushing the books in different directions.

[quote name='FFBlitzace']That's exactly what they did.[/QUOTE]
AARRGH. Sorry to hear about that. I damn well hope mine doesn't suffer that same fate >_< (For all I know, it's probably arrived by now-- it was shipped to my fiance's workplace, but he didn't work yesterday.)

I received my copy of FFXII the other day, and noticed that there was just the slightest hairline scratch along the spine, enough to bother any collector. So I trotted on down to the local Gamestop and explained my plight... the guy scurried off to the back room, came back with a stack of extra FFXII collector's edition cases, and said that I could have them all, as they were headed straight for the trash :D

Going to give them to some of my friends who grabbed the cheaper regular edition from CC...

bread's done
Back