Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition (Xbox 360) $26.98 @ Amazon

[quote name='scottman']I thought BB also had the CE with novellas.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whoknows']They did, but I think it has a BB specific barcode.[/QUOTE]

BB had the edition with the novella, and they also had the novella separately that wasn't packaged with their BB edition, and then they have the CE. BB were offering the novella with the purchase of the CE edition if customers wanted to buy the CE and not the novella edition and sold it that way as a bundle rather than an actual set because of the separate novellas BB had. You can still buy the novella by itself on Amazon if you want, but there is no CE version of this set that has a novella built into the original set, or at least as memories serves.

[quote name='Squarehard']What is this, a countdown to doomsday?[/QUOTE]

392 left! We are in the 300's!

[quote name='Squarehard']BB had the edition with the novella, and they also had the novella separately that wasn't packaged with their BB edition, and then they have the CE. BB were offering the novella with the purchase of the CE edition if customers wanted to buy the CE and not the novella edition and sold it that way as a bundle rather than an actual set because of the separate novellas BB had. You can still buy the novella by itself on Amazon if you want, but there is no CE version of this set that has a novella built into the original set, or at least as memories serves.[/QUOTE]

Is the novella actually worth it or just something to have in your house as a doorstop?

[quote name='Blaster man']Is the novella actually worth it or just something to have in your house as a doorstop?[/QUOTE]

I guess it's somewhere in the middle? ;P

[quote name='phogoodness']damn wanted to get this for $20, but with the decreasing stock, amazon u forced my hand[/QUOTE]
That's why I said fuck it and bought too.
[quote name='whoknows']Someone needs to post how many are left. It's been awhile.[/QUOTE]

382! Woohoo!

381 left. Don't think Amazon is going to drop the price anymore at the rate there selling these so I ordered another one to keep sealed.

[quote name='AcidRain25']381 left. Don't think Amazon is going to drop the price anymore at the rate there selling these so I ordered another one to keep sealed.[/QUOTE]

375! LOL every post includes the "doomsday countdown". They sold around 50 in the last hour so yeah, no way in hell the price drops again.

[quote name='Blaster man']375! LOL every post includes the "doomsday countdown". They sold around 50 in the last hour so yeah, no way in hell the price drops again.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it'll be in stock for another price drop.

[quote name='Squarehard']I don't think it'll be in stock for another price drop.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure it will be in stock tomorrow morning but definitely not by the end of the weekend.

last I checked about an hour ago, it was at 244, but jumped up to 248 about 20 mins later. but I just checked and it said that the seller only has 1 of these items for sale so I jumped on it. don't know if that's because quantity is now below 100 out not but for anyone on the fence, maybe that helps

Never been a final fantasy fan, but I am big in collecting collectors editions. $20 was my max on this but this edition is probably worth the $25 after NY Tax

[quote name='itzd4n']last I checked about an hour ago, it was at 244, but jumped up to 248 about 20 mins later. but I just checked and it said that the seller only has 1 of these items for sale so I jumped on it. don't know if that's because quantity is now below 100 out not but for anyone on the fence, maybe that helps[/QUOTE]

I'm showing 236 left. You sure you didn't buy from a third party seller?

[quote name='Blaster man']Why people would pay top dollar for something you can download for 10 bucks...I don't understand.

Edit: forgot to mention 358 left[/QUOTE]

and why would people download hundreds of games essentially putting retailers out of business and developers out of jobs? :whistle2:k

[quote name='animemaniac14']and why would people download hundreds of games essentially putting retailers out of business and developers out of jobs? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? Buying a digital version of a game that actually gives money to the dev is putting them out of a job, but buying a super marked up physical copy of the game from ebay where they won't see a penny of that sale doesn't?

One of the few games I actually bought for the price, not the content (never been a FF fan). I'm mostly in for the soundtrack. Thanks OP!

It's really is one of the nicer CEs as a whole, since most CEs nowadays aren't really that intricate as far as the packaging, and are just separate pieces stuffed into box.

[quote name='Squarehard']It's really is one of the nicer CEs as a whole, since most CEs nowadays aren't really that intricate as far as the packaging, and are just separate pieces stuffed into box.[/QUOTE]

So its pretty good quality? I'm not really fond of how the artbook is bound to the case. Personally I think I would prefer it to be a seperate item, but if it isn't flimsy and is well put together I suppose it can't be that bad. Pretty sure I'm going to grab a copy even though I've already beat it, since they are going so fast and I enjoyed the game enough to plat it (not that its particularly hard to). Guess my vanilla copy will be a trade in, or I could just keep it also. :|

EDIT: 182 left BTW! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been trying to limit the amount of games I buy that I KNOW I'll never play, but I'm a sucker for cheap CEs...

[quote name='bobphone']I've been trying to limit the amount of games I buy that I KNOW I'll never play, but I'm a sucker for cheap CEs...[/QUOTE]

It does look really nice too. 174 left.

This just proved to me how much i hate pre-ordering. I never do it and after this I doubt i ever will again.
Loved the game tho, even though i like the pacing and story of XIII better. Can't wait for part 3

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='argyle']Glad I did a live chat w/ customer service this morning while it was still showing $23, they gave me my $2 back. :p[/QUOTE]

It's probably your fault they raised the price! Everyone can blame you! 139 left!

I bit even though I have a sealled vanilla copy :(. I bought with a preorder to get over the $25 mark (at the $23.27 or whatever), but it seems they are waiting until the 22nd to ship it with my preordered music CD. Won't be the 1st time.

Thanks, OP.

[quote name='twztid13']I bit even though I have a sealled vanilla copy :(. I bought with a preorder to get over the $25 mark (at the $23.27 or whatever), but it seems they are waiting until the 22nd to ship it with my preordered music CD. Won't be the 1st time.

Thanks, OP.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mars009']Fudge I bought the vanilla for $15 from BB. but I want this CE :S[/QUOTE]

I bought it earlier too, and I'm just going to trade it back to best buy next week with the 100% on top and try to get most of what I paid for it back.

bread's done
Back