Final Fantasy XIII Date announced, $56.99 at Amazon.

[quote name='Warlock82']Should be noted for the 360 version Microsoft is giving away some mysterious free gift:[/QUOTE]
Is anyone else fervently hoping for a Buster Sword avatar accessory? :)

Anyway, I'm picking it up on 360 since I don't have a PS3. I don't mind swapping discs, and here's hoping that the graphics and features are otherwise identical.

Holding out for the LE/CE and/or to see what the retailer exclusives are. If Dissidia had retailer exclusives, you can bet this one will, too.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Holding out for the LE/CE and/or to see what the retailer exclusives are. If Dissidia had retailer exclusives, you can bet this one will, too.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm hoping they're announced soon too!

I'll be getting it on PS3 while my brother while be getting it on 360.

I want it, but I'm going to have to see if there'll be a Collectors Ed. and hopefully some early comparisons between the PS3 and 360 versions

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Is anyone else fervently hoping for a Buster Sword avatar accessory? :)
[/QUOTE]
It would be totally awesome if this were the secret item ^_^

If I order now and Amazon decides to gives out $10 credits for pre-orders will I get it as well or will I have to cancel and reorder to be eligible for the $10 credit?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if amazon would let me just upgrade my pre-order to a special edition if/when one gets announced. Made the order with an eca code and I'd hate to cancel it off.

[quote name='Vortextk']I wonder if amazon would let me just upgrade my pre-order to a special edition if/when one gets announced. Made the order with an eca code and I'd hate to cancel it off.[/QUOTE]

As long as there's 1 item in the order which hasn't shipped yet, you can modify the order as much as you want.

Since creating the ECA order in October, I've added Borderlands/DA:O/MW2/GoW Collection/GoW3 Ult. and a bunch of other stuff to my order.

I had FFXIII in my order from the beginning, and each time I wanted to add something else I just called up CS and they took care of it for me.

In theory... just keep the order open for years and you should have the permanent discount.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']As long as there's 1 item in the order which hasn't shipped yet, you can modify the order as much as you want.[/QUOTE]
If only I could pre-order Duke Nukem Forever, then I'd have the perfect 30% off order to do this with. ;)

Well I didn't know someone was having so much luck getting stuff added to their order.

And yeah, both of my orders will be open for quite some time. One has Versus and castlevania: lords of shadow on it, the other has alan wake =P

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I want Hardened Edition, no Prestige unless if it come with a sword.[/QUOTE]

This isn't Call of Duty...

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I want Hardened Edition, no Prestige unless if it come with a sword.[/QUOTE]

Oi, the packaging for a product like that? I don't want to know the shipping costs. :p

Will be holding out till it comes closer to release. You know companies will be fighting each other in the deal department on this.

[quote name='Lignite']Will be holding out till it comes closer to release. You know companies will be fighting each other in the deal department on this.[/QUOTE]

This.

It's like a month away in Japan and there's still no limited/collector's edition announced for them as far as I know. Save for that PS3 bundle, but that's not exactly the same thing now.

[quote name='Tranzience']It's like a month away in Japan and there's still no limited/collector's edition announced for them as far as I know. Save for that PS3 bundle, but that's not exactly the same thing now.[/QUOTE]

Japan didnt get FF12 Collectors edition like we did

[quote name='rapsodist']Nice, that's just before my birthday (the 12th) so I might not have to buy it for myself.[/QUOTE]

Mines the 12th too. I'll be buying this on 360 and PS3 and the collectors editions. I'm a huge final fantasy person

[quote name='Xfactor19990']hmmm, never been into final fantasy, but was wondering is it one big story or is each game its own? I might pick this up[/QUOTE]

Each game is completely it's own self-contained entity, though there are certain series trademarks that tend to feature in most of the games (a character named Cid/Sid, chocobos, names of certain items, etc)....

And I mean no offense, but are you new to gaming? It's a rare day to find someone unfamiliar with the FF series...

[quote name='wampa8jedi']And I mean no offense, but are you new to gaming? It's a rare day to find someone unfamiliar with the FF series...[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. Plenty of people don't like specific games in the series, or the series itself, but a lack of knowledge of really any of them is pretty rare.

On another note, I e-mailed amazon about adding a left 4 dead to an order, hopefully they say yes and if this does get a special edition down the road, the same would be nice. Though I was prepared to pay msrp(or pretty damn close to it) for this and probably versus as special editions, it's just something I feel like even not being that big of a FF fan, paying less always works too!

*Edit* And score. I didn't get L4D2 added yet because they wanted the ASIN of the item too, no biggie, I shot off another e-mail. This sure makes me even happier though, bring on the FF Special editions!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The release is also a little bit after my birthday. Looks like I'll be asking for this as my bday gift from the significant other. Hopefully they'll come out with a collector's edition.

Thanks for the tip on having new items added to standing Amazon preorders. I have an (accidental) stacked preorder with 20% off, and Amazon was happy to add FFXIII for me (360 version).

[quote name='kidicarus23']The release is also a little bit after my birthday. Looks like I'll be asking for this as my bday gift from the significant other. Hopefully they'll come out with a collector's edition.[/QUOTE]

Depending on the CE/LE extras and cost I will consider it. It needs to be better then just the metal box and DVD/bluray making of the game....

I just ordered this using my modern warfare credit for preordering it. The order did subtract the credit, but now i'm wondering if that will be reversed before the game ships. the promotional credit email says it will only be applied to items shipped and sold by february 28. FFXIII comes out in march.

Anyone know if I should cancel this so I don't lose the credit?

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']I just ordered this using my modern warfare credit for preordering it. The order did subtract the credit, but now i'm wondering if that will be reversed before the game ships. the promotional credit email says it will only be applied to items shipped and sold by february 28. FFXIII comes out in march.

Anyone know if I should cancel this so I don't lose the credit?[/QUOTE]

You'll retain it. Technically they "sold" you FFXIII even though it won't ship until March. I had a $10 credit that expired on Oct 31st on my order of Assassin's Creed II and it applied in full.

[quote name='Nirron']You'll retain it. Technically they "sold" you FFXIII even though it won't ship until March. I had a $10 credit that expired on Oct 31st on my order of Assassin's Creed II and it applied in full.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Nirron, saved me some confusion

[quote name='Vortextk']That's what I was thinking. Plenty of people don't like specific games in the series, or the series itself, but a lack of knowledge of really any of them is pretty rare.

On another note, I e-mailed amazon about adding a left 4 dead to an order, hopefully they say yes and if this does get a special edition down the road, the same would be nice. Though I was prepared to pay msrp(or pretty damn close to it) for this and probably versus as special editions, it's just something I feel like even not being that big of a FF fan, paying less always works too!

*Edit* And score. I didn't get L4D2 added yet because they wanted the ASIN of the item too, no biggie, I shot off another e-mail. This sure makes me even happier though, bring on the FF Special editions!!![/QUOTE]
well i mistyped that, the last one i actually got into was on PSone FF VII. Im fimilar with it, just been out forever and a day, so coming back to series now

I don't spend a lot of money on video games early in the year as I do during the holidays. although I'm pretty excited about this game, I might just wait until next Christmas...

I'm so cheap

[quote name='Mikkey']by the time this game is released, I should have enough sony reward points from my sony card to get this for free through the purchase credit:lol:[/QUOTE]

Wait how? They never put up new releases on their "Redeem Store". Is there some sort of gift card? The only thing I see is the $10 Voucher for PSN.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']hmmm, never been into final fantasy, but was wondering is it one big story or is each game its own? I might pick this up[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Each game is completely it's own self-contained entity, though there are certain series trademarks that tend to feature in most of the games (a character named Cid/Sid, chocobos, names of certain items, etc)....

And I mean no offense, but are you new to gaming? It's a rare day to find someone unfamiliar with the FF series...[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm hardly new to much of anything, but I hadn't played a FF game before last year myself. When I heard about it in the 90's/early 2000's I thought it was a fighting game or something as I didn't pay much attention to console games then. I never had a SNES or PS1 (I grew up with an Atari and Colecovision and went to PCs after that, then back to consoles with the Gamecube). My first exposure to the FF universe/characters was Kingdom Hearts, believe it or not ;). I have FF X and FF XII but have never found the time to play them. I finally played some real FF games when I played through FF III and FF IV on the DS over the last year or so.

I intend to play this one as soon as it comes out though.

I'm waiting to hear about any preorder bonuses before I lock myself into Amazon. Already POed how later MW2 is arriving despite paying for shipping.

[quote name='io']Well, I'm hardly new to much of anything, but I hadn't played a FF game before last year myself. When I heard about it in the 90's/early 2000's I thought it was a fighting game or something as I didn't pay much attention to console games then. I never had a SNES or PS1 (I grew up with an Atari and Colecovision and went to PCs after that, then back to consoles with the Gamecube). My first exposure to the FF universe/characters was Kingdom Hearts, believe it or not ;). I have FF X and FF XII but have never found the time to play them. I finally played some real FF games when I played through FF III and FF IV on the DS over the last year or so.

I intend to play this one as soon as it comes out though.[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of surprised you'd want to after FF III. The game where your party should consist of all Red Mages :lol:
Hoping for a nice LE/CE this time instead of the FF XII Gamestop meh edition.

Kick ass price, im going to jump on this asap!
19.gif

[quote name='pram12']Wait how? They never put up new releases on their "Redeem Store". Is there some sort of gift card? The only thing I see is the $10 Voucher for PSN.[/QUOTE]

you can purchase a sony product from an authorized retailer and send in a form along with a copy of the receipt to sony for a purchase credit. They will use the points in your sony rewards account to credit your credit card balance.

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/clubs/sonycard/purchasecredit/

I'm hoping for no kind of CE/LE so I won't feel the need to purchase it. I hate them with a passion but always feel like I should buy it just in case I really like the game and than would want the CE/LE instead of a normal edition.

I didn't like XII but XIII looks like a lot of fun. I just hope I don't have to get a PS3 to play the proper version, then again I do want Ratchet & Clank.

Wow, I can't get over how many people are saying they haven't played or purchased a FF title. Makes me feel old. Thats like saying "you know, I don't think I've ever brushed my teeth" or "Gosh, I've never worn a shirt before". I can't wrap my head around it.

For those who haven't experienced a FF, jump in with both feet. It's the best series of all time (minus XII). Then, go back and play 6, 7, 9, 10 and 10-2. Then PM me and thank me. :D

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Wow, I can't get over how many people are saying they haven't played or purchased a FF title. Makes me feel old. Thats like saying "you know, I don't think I've ever brushed my teeth" or "Gosh, I've never worn a shirt before". I can't wrap my head around it.

For those who haven't experienced a FF, jump in with both feet. It's the best series of all time (minus XII). Then, go back and play 6, 7, 9, 10 and 10-2. Then PM me and thank me. :D[/QUOTE]
No love for IV or V, or even the original? And you're the one who feels old? :)

Besides, XII is tied with VI as the best game in the series. :cool:

[quote name='willardhaven']Perhaps they should start with the first?[/QUOTE]

Not connected to the others in any way and it not one of the best of the series. Parts 2,3,4,7 are great starters into the series.

[quote name='willardhaven']Perhaps they should start with the first?[/QUOTE]

Not sure that would be such a good idea. It's a good game considering when it came out but it hasn't aged all that well.

At this point the first is only good for people who grew up playing the first, because the only draw is going to be nostalgia

[quote name='robbart914']At this point the first is only good for people who grew up playing the first, because the only draw is going to be nostalgia[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I started with 4 way back when it came out for SNES and even I had some trouble enjoying 1 afterward. Even then it felt like a "downgrade."

bread's done
Back