Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ninja dog']FFXIII strategy guide:

"tilt the analog stick forward.

the end."[/QUOTE]

How does that work for battles? And the map I saw had a lot of left and right twists too!
(whereas FFX was, literally, a STRAIGHT LINE). haha.

[quote name='plutoknight']How does that work for battles? And the map I saw had a lot of left and right twists too!
(whereas FFX was, literally, a STRAIGHT LINE). haha.[/QUOTE]
I wish blitzball had just been a damn straight line.

[quote name='genfuyung']I wish blitzball had just been a damn straight line.[/QUOTE]

I wish Blitzball didn't exist. I HATE HATE HATED that minigame. I cringe when the main story forces it on me..

[quote name='plutoknight']How does that work for battles? And the map I saw had a lot of left and right twists too!
(whereas FFX was, literally, a STRAIGHT LINE). haha.[/QUOTE]

I was just joking. I like FFX a lot, looking forward to this, warts and cutscenes and all.

blitzball was awesome in 10, the instructions r long but once u figure it out its pretty fun. 13's linear doesnt sound too bad to me at all, looking forward to play it too lol

[quote name='plutoknight']I wish Blitzball didn't exist. I HATE HATE HATED that minigame. I cringe when the main story forces it on me..[/QUOTE]
i never won a blitzball match.

[quote name='wasabi5858']sigh. applied a $10 promo on my US FF XIII amazon order. Can't cancel now without losing it.

sucks. guess I will have a sealed XIII for trade at the trading forum soon :)[/QUOTE]
Couldn't you ask Amazon to add a game to your order, and then delete FFXIII from that order? Just a thought, I don't know for sure if this would work.

[quote name='genfuyung']I wish blitzball had just been a damn straight line.[/QUOTE]

LOL - once you got the Jecht Shot it pretty much WAS a straight line.

[quote name='bakutenten']LOL - once you got the Jecht Shot it pretty much WAS a straight line.[/QUOTE]

^ this

even straighter if u get jecht shot 2

[quote name='bigsick']For those that ordered the collectors edition from HMV, does your order status read "order not yet processed" ?[/QUOTE]

mine are

Order Status Open order - please click on order number for detailed information

clicking the order, under "item status", it reads
Item pre-ordered - not yet issued by supplier

[quote name='Ivanhoe']FREE release date delivery too. (I have prime and got release date delivery for free)[/QUOTE]
why do u have ur dl speed on ur sign is 26mb suposed to be good?

i check mine i have 31.90mb and i have cheap internetz

You know in hindsight, since Amazon doesn't charge you until they ship, I should have just pre-ordered this weeks ago. Now I've got to rely on there being deals on the week of release.

[quote name='Blitz_Pro']Do the preorder $10 stack? So if i preorder this and God of War 3, will I get $20 towards my next game purchase?[/QUOTE]

Yes they do :)

[quote name='Ragnorok64']You know in hindsight, since Amazon doesn't charge you until they ship, I should have just pre-ordered this weeks ago. Now I've got to rely on there being deals on the week of release.[/QUOTE]
right there with ya brother. if i hear of anything, ill let ya know.

If you're buying it on the 360, beware of this. I can't believe Square-Enix ****ed up the 360 version like this. I hope that one comparison doesn't apply to the rest of the game or that this is just some kind of mix-up.

Lots of press played it at X10 last week and said it looked fine, so I'm sure it'll look great. I don't have a PS3, so I'm getting it on 360 in any case.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Lots of press played it at X10 last week and said it looked fine, so I'm sure it'll look great. I don't have a PS3, so I'm getting it on 360 in any case.[/QUOTE]

Just based on the pics, the difference seems pretty striking to me. But it's always more apparent in still images.

Someone who saw both versions running side by side on identical televisions said the only discernible difference was that the 360 used more compression in cutscenes. SE-US apparently doesn't know what they're doing.

[quote name='Hostile']If you're buying it on the 360, beware of this. I can't believe Square-Enix ****ed up the 360 version like this. I hope that one comparison doesn't apply to the rest of the game or that this is just some kind of mix-up.[/QUOTE]

That's nothing compared to the horrendous Bayonetta port on the PS3. Heck, the 360 gets the best graphics in multiplat titles almost exclusively, so much so that I bought one because of it. I doubt anyone will be crying if it gets the short end of the stick this time around.

Yeah, definitely getting it for PS3 now!! Those pics convinced me! I mean no one uses photoshop and doctors images on the internet. Nope, no one. Not even those diehard Sony kids who literally cried for days when they found out their beloved FF's next installment was going multi-plat. :roll:

I got both reserved, PS3 & 360, because I am an admitted FFFanboy. I'll believe it when I see it w/my own eyes.

[quote name='saetia']Yeah, definitely getting it for PS3 now!! Those pics convinced me! I mean no one uses photoshop and doctors images on the internet. Nope, no one. Not even those diehard Sony kids who literally cried for days when they found out their beloved FF's next installment was going multi-plat. :roll:
[/QUOTE]

To be fair, the pics he linked were released by Square-Enix themselves according to the article.

I have to laugh at this. But honestly, as long as the game still runs smooth who cares? The game still looks good on the 360. It's like me buying Dragon Age for the PS3 cause it has better graphics....yet the framerate is TERRIBLE and made me wish I had bought it for 360 instead. I would've rather had worse graphics as long as the game ran smooth (I still enjoyed the game on PS3 nonetheless). I will admit that comparison does look like a big difference, but seriously as long as the game still runs smooth it's not something that'll ruin the game.

Third on that. I decided to get a new amazon account so I could get prime for one more month. Get Battlefield BC 2, get $20 bucks, used on FF13, and another $10 on a future game. Maybe Alan Wake LE or something. I don't know.

I've got a $20 GC from TRU that will probably go for the new Lips game.

[quote name='wasurenai']This deal is effectively dead. Either it needs to be moved or the title needs to be updated to reflect its current status.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? The $10 credit is still there. We just need a mod to update the price to $59.99 rather than $56.99

Don't see how the deal is dead at all. Unless you want to raise a fuss over $3.

[quote name='wasurenai']This deal is effectively dead. Either it needs to be moved or the title needs to be updated to reflect its current status.[/QUOTE]The title gets updated when people let us know about issues like this. Reporting the OP of the thread or PMing mods works wonders.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']What are you talking about? The $10 credit is still there. We just need a mod to update the price to $59.99 rather than $56.99

Don't see how the deal is dead at all. Unless you want to raise a fuss over $3.[/QUOTE]Some people will, regardless.

[quote name='Hostile']If you're buying it on the 360, beware of this. I can't believe Square-Enix ****ed up the 360 version like this. I hope that one comparison doesn't apply to the rest of the game or that this is just some kind of mix-up.[/QUOTE]

Lots of rumors going around native res on PS3 is 720P for everything including cut scenes. The 360 is 3 disk, and no one really knows what the res will be for 360, but does it really matter, remember Tekken 6 it had a lower res on the PS3 but some say it looked better on the PS3 anyway. We will all know for sure come March. That's when I will make my decision, who says I have to play the game on day 1. I'm sure there will be other deals. For the most part everyone who actually saw it at X10 says it looks awesome.

[quote name='lortiz9490']Lots of rumors going around native res on PS3 is 720P for everything including cut scenes. The 360 is 3 disk, and no one really knows what the res will be for 360, but does it really matter, remember Tekken 6 it had a lower res on the PS3 but some say it looked better on the PS3 anyway. We will all know for sure come March. That's when I will make my decision, who says I have to play the game on day 1. I'm sure there will be other deals. For the most part everyone who actually saw it at X10 says it looks awesome.[/QUOTE]

The FMV's on the PS3 version are 1080p native and the game upscales to 1080p for gameplay.

Also, OMG someone changed the title

what's a david waybright

ame6b4.jpg

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']what's a david waybright[/QUOTE]
Lol, Amazon still hasn't fixed that? It's been that way for months.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Man, at this time, doesn't look like there will be a CE huh?[/QUOTE]
Nope but square enix has put the soundtrack up on their american site and theres the hardcover CE guide. So other than a sticker you arent missing much.

But it would be missing the package... I would love it if they had any kind of CE or PS3 Special Edition ... I would get a 2nd PS3 for that!.

But as is, I will be happy with my 2 CE from Europe. ( + a US release... an asia region with japanese voice track and in may, hopefully a Chinese edition :p )

+ regular 4 disc soundtrack, + limited edition 4 disc soundtrack + currently 6 collector's edition guide (it will likely be reduce to 4, tho I am entertaining the idea of having one for all, but I am also thinking of getting rid of the regular US release through trade...).

sigh, would've save me a lot of money if they just release a CE in US.

bread's done
Back