Final Fantasy XIII for $59.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

ALokenauth

CAGiversary!
Final Fantasy XIII for $56.99 in Amazon pre order + $10 Game Credit in Amazon

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=180263...mes&field-keywords=Final+Fantasy+XIII&x=0&y=0:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-1
:360: http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263298856&sr=8-2

Order Final Fantasy XIII and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

If price drop anytime before the game release. You would get the lowest price. Also you can always cancel the Preorder before the game shipped out.

PS3 Version is 1 disk Blu-ray, 360 is 4 DVD's.
Japan version sold close to 2 millions copies.

Japanese magazine Famitsu, gave Final Fantasy XIII near-perfect score 39/40.
Dengeki PlayStation praised the battle system, stating "the battles are by far the most exciting in the series", and they concluded "FF13 desrves a score of 120, a 100 is not enough

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shrike4242']I've been OK with guides coming in bubble mailers, since BA8 bubble mailers are #5-sized mailers, which are the ones I use for shipping guides. For DVDs, BluRays and video games, they're not even close to the right size. I'd had numerous items get damaged in shipment due to them bouncing around inside of the bubble mailer.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about normal-sized paperback books. They bounce around and the pages get caught, opening the book up and then making creases in the cover as soon as any pressure is put on the package (like when it, I'm sure, gets tossed into a bin along with a bunch of other heavy packages stacked on top of it)

P.S. - UPS tracking says my game was delivered :D I am stuck at work for a few more hours tho :(

Last edited by a moderator:
My tracking info has an arrival scan followed by "out for delivery" at 4:30 am, followed by another arrival scan at 10:00 am. My wife used to work at UPS and she says it's most likely just some random mistake, but it is possible that my game was loaded onto the wrong car or accidentally left behind at the hub.

I'm trying not to be an impatient douche here, I know it's not the end of the world if I have to wait another day... but I really hope UPS didn't fuck me over.

On the subject of being an impatient douche :) , Microsoft still hasn't enabled the achievements to show up on Xbox.com. What is up with that?

Last week I ordered BFBC2 and MLB 10 the Show. One arrived in a bubble mailer, the other in a box. Go figure. Both arrived about 2 p.m. as well. It's now 3:30 and I wanna play some FF13, but alas, nothing has arrived yet. It's raining out, so I'll give him a slight benefit, but he better hurry up.

edit - what's up with UPS never ringing doorbells anymore? Happen to anyone else too? Guy always just tosses them on the stairs outside the door. Back before X-Mas I had a box out there for 2 hours getting snowed on I didn't know about. I always hated signing those electronic pad things, but they could atleast ring the doorbell. Another time I got the "we missed you" tag on the door saying they'd deliver it the next day, yet I WAS HOME ALL DAY AND HE NEVER RANG THE BELL!!! Anyway, rant over

[quote name='Ryuukishi']On the subject of being an impatient douche :) , Microsoft still hasn't enabled the achievements to show up on Xbox.com. What is up with that?[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't be able to see most of them anyways. Lots of Secret Achievements in the game.

[quote name='Warlock82']I'm talking about normal-sized paperback books. They bounce around and the pages get caught, opening the book up and then making creases in the cover as soon as any pressure is put on the package (like when it, I'm sure, gets tossed into a bin along with a bunch of other heavy packages stacked on top of it)

P.S. - UPS tracking says my game was delivered :D I am stuck at work for a few more hours tho :([/QUOTE]If they're shipping items like that in a BA8 bubble mailer, they need to know that it's not acceptable and hit with appropriate packaging feedback. If it's older than 60 days for the order, then send CS an email about the issue or call them.

[quote name='shrike4242']If they're shipping items like that in a BA8 bubble mailer, they need to know that it's not acceptable and hit with appropriate packaging feedback. If it's older than 60 days for the order, then send CS an email about the issue or call them.[/QUOTE]

It's way older than that - like a year ago. I don't know if they even had the packaging feedback back then :p It's so old that there is no sense complaining *now*, but if they try it again I certainly will.

There's a product registration card for ff13. it says:

Receive a special item by registering your copy if FINAL FANTASY XII here:

member.square-enix.com/na/

and the code is below etc etc, the site is apparently getting blasted.

as for other questions i've read so far

i live in cali, i've got mine, mostly depends on UPS, for me UPS comes like 60% at night, 30% afternoon, 10% morning. amazon sometimes uses ONTRAC, which seems to be a pacific shipper, it always comes in the morning from them.
it came in a bubble wrap, next day air UPS
my CE guide game in the amazon cardboard wrap package, corners were not bent

[quote name='cecilvaliant']anyone in cali get their game from UPS yet? damn came home early hoping that it would be here but isnt yet... -_-[/QUOTE]

According to UPS tracking, my game was delivered around 10AM today in San Jose, CA, shipped from Nevada. I'm still at work but it's nice to know the game will be waiting for me when I get home.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']My friend told me the game wasn't giving any EXP (experience) points like in the older Final Fantasy's. Is this true?[/QUOTE]

Yep you get points to use in the Crystalium. Think like the grid sphere in FF X. You get stat boosts, HP boosts, learn spells, etc from it.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Yep you get points to use in the Crystalium. Think like the grid sphere in FF X. You get stat boosts, HP boosts, learn spells, etc from it.[/QUOTE]
notice a big diff between ps3 and x360?

[quote name='GUNNM']notice a big diff between ps3 and x360?[/QUOTE]

Yeah there is a difference. I noticed right away. The cut scenes mostly as all the reviewers have been saying.

That is why I am playing on :360: first because in my mind it would be difficult to go from the superior version :)ps3:) to the :360: version.

That said the game is awesome. I like it a lot and after I 1K it on 360, going to play God Of War III then going to play FFXIII on PS3 :)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Yeah there is a difference. I noticed right away. The cut scenes mostly as all the reviewers have been saying.

That is why I am playing on :360: first because in my mind it would be difficult to go from the superior version :)ps3:) to the :360: version.

That said the game is awesome. I like it a lot and after I 1K it on 360, going to play God Of War III then going to play FFXIII on PS3 :)[/QUOTE]

That is a really odd decision...why not just play the better version and be done with it?

I guess if you REALLY like the game, and don't have any other games you want to play for months, and want a gamerscore...it would make sense.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']That said the game is awesome. I like it a lot and after I 1K it on 360, going to play God Of War III then going to play FFXIII on PS3 :)[/QUOTE]

That is some hardcore dedication right there!

[quote name='GUNNM']why'd they put all 3 discs in one slot?[/QUOTE]
I was kinda think the same thing, I can only imagine what used copies will look like a year from now.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'm trying not to be an impatient douche here, I know it's not the end of the world if I have to wait another day... but I really hope UPS didn't fuck me over.[/QUOTE]

You're not alone. 7:30pm here and it's still "out for delivery."

I preordered this last year and decided it's the one game I'd anticipate with childlike enthusiasm.

Even though the reviews aren't quite stellar, I'm sure I'll still enjoy it. Will be interested to see how much though, compared to my recent favorite rpg's (tales of vesperia and mass effect 1-2).

Wasn't exactly expecting "release day night delivery." Gah.

Mine came in at 4:15 central. Games got presentation in spades, that's for sure. After 2 1/2 hours in, it's all style and very little substance. I know it's gonna get better, I heard you gotta tread thru a good 30 hours before it gets real good. Hopefully it's like that, cause so far, it's play for 1 minute, watch for 5, play for 1, rinse and repeat, and all the battles seem impossible to lose no matter how purposely careless you act. Prepare for a hefty dedication.

[quote name='mrosnwo'] I heard you gotta tread thru a good 30 hours before it gets real good. [/QUOTE]

That's not exactly how they put it. It's 30 hours until the game gives you more freedom of who you're using and where you want to go(as free as any FF gets, atleast). If that's the only part that's good for you, then yeah I guess the game won't be any good till then.

I also got mine really late today. Usually I get UPS packages around 2-3 PM EST, but mine didn't come until about 6:30.

So now just to wait on my guide for tomorrow. I already got my $10 credit, which I'd like use on Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep whenever it finally gets available to pre-order. (Hopefully with another $10 credit and an actual pre-order bonus item. Don't be cheap, SE!) But I'm sure I'll use it before then.

Got mine around noon eastern today. Bummed out though that walmart canceled my book order. Might just get the regular edition from amazon. Already got the $10 credit too.

Just got mine in about half an hour ago. The funny thing is it went out for delivery at about 7AM, so I dunno what the deal is.

Did any of you that ordered the PS3 version get a campaign card? (I'm looking for the second card. The first one is just some ingame item for FFXIV)

Did anyone get 10 dollar credit yet? Mines shipped a few hours ago and I still haven't received an email for that. Last week, I received the 20 dollar credit right away from Bad Company 2.

360 graphics are fine.

about an hour into the game and really digging it.

Only Final Fantasies i've ever played was 6 (the one with kefka).

Really hating that little girls voice though, vanilla. geeeeze I hate when obviously older girls try to do little girls voices like in anime and shit. annoying!

Got the game at noon today, played it for a few hours after getting back from an appointment. I am loving it! On a PS3 with a hi def 42 inch TV and HDMI cable it is the most amazing visual experience I have ever had. Seriously this game looks amazing, my jaw was literally on the ground. The first few hours are pretty much tutorial but there is alot of action and it is very intense, the hours flew by very quickly. Also I was happy to find that even though the path is linear there are hidden goodies everywhere, if you aren't very careful alot of them would be very easy to miss. This thrills the collector in me.

Already got my Amazon credit and applied it to my pre-order of 3d dots hero which I had just manged to manipulate into my Gold Box today, so it was $25.14. All in all it has been a great day! Hope everyone who hasn't got their game yet gets it soon!

[quote name='sleepy180']360 graphics are fine.

about an hour into the game and really digging it.

Only Final Fantasies i've ever played was 6 (the one with kefka).

Really hating that little girls voice though, vanilla. geeeeze I hate when obviously older girls try to do little girls voices like in anime and shit. annoying![/QUOTE]

Wow, I love her voice and she's my favorite character so far! My Amazon copy didn't come in today so I ended up getting it from Target and will return the Amazon one to target when it gets here. Played for 6 hours today and loving it so far. This is the most visually stunning game I have ever seen.

[quote name='chickenbutt']Did anyone get 10 dollar credit yet?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got my $10 around mid-day.

I did not, however, get my RDD order delivered today. It's 10pm and am giving up. Not pleased.

[quote name='chickenbutt']Did anyone get 10 dollar credit yet? Mines shipped a few hours ago and I still haven't received an email for that. Last week, I received the 20 dollar credit right away from Bad Company 2.[/QUOTE]

I got it around the time I received the game. ...I've already used it.

[quote name='alexanderpink']Wow, I love her voice and she's my favorite character so far! My Amazon copy didn't come in today so I ended up getting it from Target and will return the Amazon one to target when it gets here. Played for 6 hours today and loving it so far. This is the most visually stunning game I have ever seen.[/QUOTE]

I might do the Target return thing too. Do they give you cash back if you return it? I don't really want to if they only give store credit.

[quote name='alexanderpink']Wow, I love her voice and she's my favorite character so far! My Amazon copy didn't come in today so I ended up getting it from Target and will return the Amazon one to target when it gets here. Played for 6 hours today and loving it so far. This is the most visually stunning game I have ever seen.[/QUOTE]

I agree...she's funny...I love the cheesy writing for all the NORA guys too...hahaha...

[quote name='gospelman']Yeah I got my $10 around mid-day.

I did not, however, get my RDD order delivered today. It's 10pm and am giving up. Not pleased.[/QUOTE]

If Amazon chose to deliver it via UPS, then it could be UPS's problem. My guide was suppose to come in via UPS today, but now it's coming tomorrow instead while Fedex delivered the game on time.

[quote name='Vortextk']Oh, by the way, you all suck. When I get my copy tomorrow, then we'll be friends.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I like how my friend who lives 2 mins away got his, but I didn't get mine. Both of us got release date delivery. :cry:

Got my game and CE guide around 11:00 yesterday morning. Also received my $10 promo credit from Amazon.

I'm just a little past the part in the game where you get the paradigm shift. Honestly, I friggin' love this game so far. It's the Final Fantasy I've been waiting on for many years now. To me, it's near VII and VIII's levels of greatness (thus far anyway), which are my favorites. X was good, XII was decent. But this? This is THE SHIT.

bread's done
Back