Fire Emblem: Awakening @ NFM - $23.99 + Ship + Tax

[quote name='thewaspinator']Can we get Best Buy to pricematch these?[/QUOTE]

Only if you live near one or you get a really nice rep.

EDIT: One being the store price matched.

[quote name='twiceborn']Whats the number that shows up in the caller ID? I tend not to pick up calls from numbers I'm not familiar with.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I don't know. They called my house and my wife relayed the message to me.

[quote name='Xombie007']Yeah, whatever you say, RE-SELLER. At least you're not as bad as the jerk who ordered 2,000 copies (assuming that's even true).

As of now though, the NFM web site is showing that they're out of stock. So thank all of you greedy flippers for killing the deal, as usual.[/QUOTE]

b/c being nice automatically makes you a reseller.

Honestly people :roll:

But back to the actual issue. They told me that b/c it was a security risk (b/c having money is bad) that they will not honor my order or the orders of others. Hopefully you guys can get in on the deal though.

Last edited by a moderator:
so uhh... have any of you heard back, i know that one guy said he got a call...but thats like...one guy out of all of us lol.

dammit, i wanna play FE so badly, but its been out of stock at my local walmart and oos on amazon for the longest time.

(i will not go to gamestop lol.)

[quote name='Yigytugd']b/c being nice automatically makes you a reseller.

Honestly people :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, incase you didn't notice... no one here is buying that line about you getting games for your "family." I myself have a quite a large extended family, and I can count the people on one hand that would want to play a niche strategy/RPG title like FE: A. But whatever.

The REAL ISSUE here, is by placing large orders people like you (especially that moron who ordered 2,000 units) screwed it up because it messed up NFM's inventory system. They probably had to cancel a whole bunch of orders just so they can sort things out manually, and fill what they believe to be are legitimate orders.

[quote name='Yigytugd']But back to the actual issue. They told me that b/c it was a security risk (b/c having money is bad) that they will not honor my order or the orders of others. Hopefully you guys can get in on the deal though.[/QUOTE]

Oh, please... you can't possibly be that clueless, or are you just pretending to be naive and innocent? A large order is definitely a security risk, because a reseller who also happens to be a scammer can always call their credit card co. or whatever and try to deny the purchase was ever authorized (although financial institutions are cracking down on consumers turning into scammers like these nowadays). Still, there is a risk to the merchant that a number of these scammers might get away with their false claims thus forcing the merchant to take a loss. So that's why they need to protect themselves from people like you.

Again, assuming being nice makes you a reseller. I do sell games on the side, this is for my family as its nice and cheap. I tell them to hold out on buying games since I always get them cheaper. Very simple. Your opinion on it is very minuscule.

A large order is ordering over 10 copies (as one order limits you to 10 copies). The women I spoke too said that it wasn't an issue with the number of copies I ordered but that they couldn't contact me. I told her no one called me and no email apart from the confirmation and cancellation was sent to me. She said anyone that ordered more than 2 of one game would most likely be cancelled after I said that b/c of the person that ordered 2000 copies of the game.

I hope you find comfort in assuming everyone is the same. Being nice towards my friends and family is a myth for you so you can make all the assumptions you want. Stay less salty.

[quote name='gomikeoh']so uhh... have any of you heard back, i know that one guy said he got a call...but thats like...one guy out of all of us lol.

dammit, i wanna play FE so badly, but its been out of stock at my local walmart and oos on amazon for the longest time.

(i will not go to gamestop lol.)[/QUOTE]

Best Buy has it in stock.

[quote name='sonicradiation']I got a similar cancellation email (about high risk and potential fraud) and I only ordered FE and Prof Layton :([/QUOTE]

Seriously? I ordered the exact same thing... When did you order it and how long ago did you get that cancellation email?

[quote name='Yigytugd']Again, assuming being nice makes you a reseller. I do sell games on the side, this is for my family as its nice and cheap. I tell them to hold out on buying games since I always get them cheaper. Very simple. Your opinion on it is very minuscule.[/QUOTE]

Wow... LOL! It's not JUST MY OPINION, or do you not know how to read the posts that just about ALL OTHERS here have been making in reference to you ordering 10 copies? Also the only thing MINISCULE (btw learn to spell) here, is your brain which is clearly reflected in your thought process. Allow me to show you the various ways you fail. :lol:

[quote name='Yigytugd']A large order is ordering over 10 copies (as one order limits you to 10 copies).[/QUOTE]

HAHA! Are you listening to yourself? 10 is the MAX NUMBER allowed. So to them, it's not just a large order... it's the LARGEST ORDER that one can make!

[quote name='Yigytugd']The women I spoke too said that it wasn't an issue with the number of copies I ordered but that they couldn't contact me. I told her no one called me and no email apart from the confirmation and cancellation was sent to me. She said anyone that ordered more than 2 of one game would most likely be cancelled after I said that b/c of the person that ordered 2000 copies of the game.[/QUOTE]

Again, learn to spell, or the difference between "to" and "too." Now, as to what the customer service rep. is trying to tell you is that any order consisting of more than 2 copies is considered a suspiciously excessive/large order to THEM! Also, didn't you just say that 10 is the max number that can be ordered? So how did someone get an order of 2000 in? Hmm....

[quote name='Yigytugd']I hope you find comfort in assuming everyone is the same. Being nice towards my friends and family is a myth for you so you can make all the assumptions you want. Stay less salty.[/QUOTE]

Everyone the same? Wrong again! You don't see me chastising anyone else in particular for being a greedy reseller (something which you've now just admitted to, by the way), do you? Of course no one else here would be so stupid as to mention that they'd order 10 copies, and draw the ire of most other CAGers who now can't even get their 1 copy because of people like you!

Anyway, you and your BS have been exposed in more ways than one. Personally, I'm done with you. But just so others know... TROLL ALERT, everyone!

Wow. Just sad. Have a nice one, if you can.

Also, you can spell minuscule as miniscule. Either way is right and means the same thing.

Nebraska Furniture Mart also has nice furniture, if any of you are interested in that. Living in Omaha, I find it handy to have nearby.

/deescalate

[quote name='sonicradiation']I got a similar cancellation email (about high risk and potential fraud) and I only ordered FE and Prof Layton :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hirou']Seriously? I ordered the exact same thing... When did you order it and how long ago did you get that cancellation email?[/QUOTE]

That's because their FE inventory count is probably a mess right now. They're cancelling orders and then possibly manually confirming with customers by calling or e-mailing to verify before they confirm the sale. Hopefully, those who ordered just 1 copy of FE will get priority over those who ordered multiple copies, and the same goes for other games. That would be the equitable thing to do.

[quote name='illennium']Hilarious! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Whoops, am I the one who misspelled it? LOL... that's embarrassing! Always thought it began with MINI, because it means small. ;)

[quote name='Autosaver']2,000 copies?

Better not be a CAG user. :hot:[/QUOTE]

I bet it's just BS! Think about it, 2,000 copies even at $23.99 plus tax and possibly shipping (although some have said they'd give you free shipping if you spend over a certain dollar amount). It's still well over a $50K investment... on a single video game lot!

[quote name='Hirou']Seriously? I ordered the exact same thing... When did you order it and how long ago did you get that cancellation email?[/QUOTE]

I ordered the games Fri afternoon.. got the email at ~730 MST.

[quote name='Xombie007']I bet it's just BS! Think about it, 2,000 copies even at $23.99 plus tax and possibly shipping (although some have said they'd give you free shipping if you spend over a certain dollar amount). It's still well over a $50K investment... on a single video game lot![/QUOTE]

It's possible that someone spoofed an order to ruin it for everyone... :(

[quote name='United_Korea']i have a feeling my filler item will ship while the two games get cancelled.[/QUOTE]

They better not cancel my Zelda at least. That still shows as available to order, but back at $39.99. No excuse to cancel that one. Honestly being a new-in print game there shouldnt' be much excuse to cancel Fire Emblem either, barring for those individuals that might have ordered excessive copies (i.e. they have a right to cancel obvious flippers).

Did anyone actually get Mario 3D Land at $15.99? Back when I put in my order, I noticed that on the search results it showed $15.99, but in my cart it showed $25.99. I guess their website is sort of glitchy?

[quote name='Agent Orange']They better not cancel my Zelda at least. That still shows as available to order, but back at $39.99. No excuse to cancel that one. Honestly being a new-in print game there shouldnt' be much excuse to cancel Fire Emblem either, barring for those individuals that might have ordered excessive copies (i.e. they have a right to cancel obvious flippers).

Did anyone actually get Mario 3D Land at $15.99? Back when I put in my order, I noticed that on the search results it showed $15.99, but in my cart it showed $25.99. I guess their website is sort of glitchy?[/QUOTE]

I did. And my order hasn't been canceled yet :)

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Back in stock[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but now the price is showing $39.67, a whopping $0.32 savings over most retailers (even less if you compare it to WalMart's price)! So I guess the deal is officially over.

[quote name='Xombie007']Yeah, but now the price is showing $39.67, a whopping $0.32 savings over most retailers (even less if you compare it to WalMart's price)! So I guess the deal is officially over.[/QUOTE]

True. But if it shows in stock then I guess it should end the discussion about orders being cancelled (at least for anyone that just ordered 1 of each game).

[quote name='TheBomb69']The charge on my CC went from pending to processed yet I have still not received one email from them.[/QUOTE]
My charge was processed right away and I ordered on Saturday. I didn't get my confirmation email till Sunday. So far I haven't been contacted about a cancellation but I did order two copies and a pack of batteries.

[quote name='TheBomb69']The charge on my CC went from pending to processed yet I have still not received one email from them.[/QUOTE]

Same. I ordered two copies of FE too so I was really worried it would be canceled.

[quote name='Agent Orange']True. But if it shows in stock then I guess it should end the discussion about orders being cancelled (at least for anyone that just ordered 1 of each game).[/QUOTE]

Indeed, "guess" would be the right word to use here. Because those who already had their orders cancelled are pretty much at the mercy of NFM to get those orders "manually fulfilled" IF the store even decided to make contact (and were successful in doing so) with them to verify the orders. Otherwise they're basically SOL.

I called them today to check my order. Rep said there is security department who check every order that was placed last week. They said their system was messed up. If they cannot ship order, they will cancel the order and refund the money, if the charge was made.

Well after they emailed me and told me my orders were cancelled, I expected my money to be refunded (that or them to still give me the orders since they never called me). My money was still pending when they cancelled my order but now its processed on my account.

Of course emailing them back doesn't do anything. Going to call them tomorrow and hopefully get my money back soon.

It does look like those that were able to verify their orders are getting them sent out. I was told if you weren't able to verify the first time, than your order will be cancelled. It can be put back but only for the price it is now on the stores site.

Psh, this whole situation.

[quote name='Pikapoo']Not sure if its just my browser but it appears they deleted all nintendo games from their website.[/QUOTE]

looks like they removed all video games listings. non in ps3/360.

interesting...

My order is still up on the site (Fire Emblem, Zelda: OoT, Mario Kart 7--just 1 copy of each) and my card has been charged. Hopefully I'm good and will get them all (or at least some of them). Has a ship date estimate of 4/11.

[quote name='dmaul1114']My order is still up on the site (Fire Emblem, Zelda: OoT, Mario Kart 7--just 1 copy of each) and my card has been charged. Hopefully I'm good and will get them all (or at least some of them). Has a ship date estimate of 4/11.[/QUOTE]

I was told the same.

Well here is the wonderful email I got. Edited a bit for obvious reasons.

"My name is *NAME* and I am a Call Center Sales Manager. Your complaint regarding order *NUMBER* was brought to my attention. We are unable to fulfill your order for Fire Emblem: Awakening for the Nintendo 3DS. Since you live outside our area we have fraud prevention process that we go through. If we are unable to verify certain information NFM can make the decision to cancel your order.

I apologize for any problems this may have caused. Your bankcard should be refunded within 3-5 business days. Please feel free to call me with any questions or concerns. My email and phone number are listed below. I tried contacting you by telephone this morning but was unable to leave a message. "

Only issue is its been pass 5 days since they charged my card. They charged my card after cancelling my order. And I never got any phone calls. Looks like this is the first and only time I'll order online from NFM. Hopefully others can get in on the deal. They pulled all the games from their site so doubt they'll be selling anything other than consoles from now on.

I haven't gotten an email yet. Here is what my original order email looks like:

Rayman Origins (360): Currently on order estimated arrival: 3/29/13
Fire Emblem Awakening: If ordered today, estimated arrival: 4/06/13
Mario Kart 7: In stock - Omaha Store

Estimated ship date: 4/08/13

I put my order in on March 27th. So far, no call, no cancellation email. Hoping for the best.

No notification about a cancellation here, either. Hope it goes through.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']Don't get your hopes up. If you don't live in the 5 state area your order will be cancelled[/QUOTE]

Damn. You'd think that they'd refund without having to ask, though, if they were going to cancel. Not a very ethical business.

[quote name='Yigytugd'] They pulled all the games from their site so doubt they'll be selling anything other than consoles from now on. [/QUOTE]

They are most likely just tweaking their video game inventory on their website to avoid these issues going forward. They aren't going to stop selling games altogether. They dedicate more floor space to games than Target and WalMart.

[quote name='polly']They are most likely just tweaking their video game inventory on their website to avoid these issues going forward. They aren't going to stop selling games altogether. They dedicate more floor space to games than Target and WalMart.[/QUOTE]

Could be true. Would be more likely but a better chance is them taking away all the stock online and still selling them in store. Doubt they'll stop that part. But yeah, its most likely just tweaking their system but I would expect the whole site to be down to do that, not just one section taken away.

bread's done
Back