Fire Emblem Heroes: Choose Your Legends!

One might say that the lulls are a ... sleeper hit?
[Media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o[/media]

No luck on the New Year banner for me so far (unless you count 5* Lugh, which I don't). On the bright side, my excitement has faded enough since the announcement that my wallet is probably safe.

I also got a free NYFjorm thanks to one of the tickets, which is nice.

g-cvr-080501-mission-10a.standard.jpg

Dimitri-1.jpg

3-H-Lords-complete.jpg

3-H-Lords-complete-2.jpg

I bought the NY!Azura orb pack, that's it, and Mission Accomplished!   Three Houses four lords complete.

One might say that the lulls are a ... sleeper hit?
[Media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o[/media]

No luck on the New Year banner for me so far (unless you count 5* Lugh, which I don't). On the bright side, my excitement has faded enough since the announcement that my wallet is probably safe.

I also got a free NYFjorm thanks to one of the tickets, which is nice.
Oh really?? Not going to drop $$$ for the big orb packs? I thought for sure you were going to buy those. They seemed perfect for what you were talking about earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve had pretty good luck on this NY banner. I was going to skip it but Alfonse looks too good. Spent all of my ~250 orbs and ended up with the following...

-2x Alfonse (1st was +Spd/-Atk, 2nd was +Res so I merged them)
-Fallen Tiki (my first)
-Dimitri (my first)
-Ophelia (can finally fix my -Atk)
-Kjelle (my first)

A little over 40 orbs per 5 star plus 160 dragon flowers

v7wtep1k3j841.png
Credit to user MisoSoup247 over on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ejcx4s/summary_of_the_subreddit_today/
Also, I got a -atk/+res Alfonse&Sharena today. :) One down, 1-2 to go.
With all the talk about Lethe, I feel like Alfonse is getting overlooked a bit. His weapon gives him +5 to all stats when his special procs, which happens immediately with his dual skill and Special Spiral. His defense and res make him an absolute tank hitting almost 40 def and almost 40 res with his weapon, and he’s infantry.

These New Years' units are all really powerful for the first time.  All four of them.  Previous years have been very lackluster. 

Tickets are awesome bc you can do a few 15-orb rounds.  I just pulled my first one, a +def -spd NY!Selkie.   Woo hoo, Distant Ward fodder!  The IV is horrible so I might sac her.  Titania +10 or Caeda +10 are tempting. 

oh and Mjolnir's Strike is terrible.   it's blatantly P2W for rewards. 

But I just got my first Golden Throne in AR this week.  :D/

I wish I knew how to record while playing FEH. I just had on AR match against 2 Tibarn, 2 Liannes, Duo Hector, and Duma. I just put Duo Alfonse in the middle of the Tibarns, Leannes, and Hector and watched them all crumble to him. Then he mad quick work of Duma. He is a monster.

I was inspired today. Sorry Genny fans, it's the hair.
[attachment=33522:SmartSelect_20200112-161756_Gallery.jpg]
And the video's sadly way too large, but this screenshot should tell you everything you need to know.
[attachment=33523:Screenshot_20200112-173055_Gallery.jpg]

Got Anna today as well. -spd/+def is pretty much her worst IV, but the fact that I don't need to spend any more orb makes up for it.

I think I'll be grateful for my luck and just start saving again until the next Duo hero.

jeez man, you had an incredible amount of luck on New Years.  That's awesome.

I think that the new Tokyo Mirage Sessions banner is great, and it's really funny how bent out of shape a few people are getting about it.  I was grinning from ear-to-ear the entire time that I was watching the 'new heroes' preview video.  So awesome.  Finally, a lance flier worth adding too. 

My willpower broke once again.  I just think that these characters and their art are so cool lol.  So I busted my measly orb stash I was saving for next week and went to town.   Spent 75 orbs last night in a rage flurry of four full circles and got Mamori on the last one.  She is a legit beast though holy cow.

1.jpg

52def, 42res after Mirage axe in-combat buff (+6 def/res if within 2 spaces of an ally). Then add another 3-9 def/res from Shield Session. That is before any buffs, c)slot, or seal. That means this one starts at 55def, 45res, and prevents doubles, at +0.

2.jpg

So I grinded a bunch of orbs out today, close to 40 total after chain challenge, quest orbs, and tap battle.   Just did a second circle at 3.25% after one earlier this morning. 

3.jpg

3-2.jpg

-atk Kiria noooooo !  literally her only stat that matters.  Might sacrifice her for some amazing Reinhardt fodder lol

4.jpg

5.jpg

I really desired these 'new heroes' units for some reason.  Specifically for the character art and the dual voices.  So I did some pulling and actually got lucky.  :D

Awesome. I wasn't going to care about this banner and was going to save for NNYAlfonse merges, but I also have no willpower.

I did get a Rocket Horse for my troubles.

And I'd still keep Kiria. The bane moves her from what, the 2nd highest attack stat in the game to like the 10th? :)

You got the good one!  But in all honestly, they are all really good...  Firesweep Bow prf,  a stronger Lilina +10 at base, best phalanx tank, and crazy dual-effective rocket horse.  Look at all the lance fliers they've added over the last two years and this is like the first good one. 

CYL4 voting begins. I can't decide if I want to throw my votes away on Dandev, Brigand Boss, or Muarim. It's like trying to decide on a third party presidential candidate.

my short streak of good luck continues.

Perceval.jpg

Free pull on today's banner.  After not having a single Lull skill since they were introduced, I just pulled 1 copy of all four of them over the last three weeks.   And holy shit does Perceval have some of the best inheritance fodder in the game.  My first one, but he's  -atk +def, so won't be keeping him. 

Really excited to be able to build units with lulls now.  I'm pretty sure my next Lull Spd/Def 3 (Claude) is going to go on Eleonora.  She's just too good with that kit. 

my short streak of good luck continues.

Perceval.jpg

Free pull on today's banner. After not having a single Lull skill since they were introduced, I just pulled 1 copy of all four of them over the last three weeks. And holy shit does Perceval have some of the best inheritance fodder in the game. My first one, but he's -atk +def, so won't be keeping him.

Really excited to be able to build units with lulls now. I'm pretty sure my next Lull Spd/Def 3 (Claude) is going to go on Eleonora. She's just too good with that kit.
You must be stealing all my luck! My most recent pitty breaker was flying Nino at 4.5%. Before that it was Hardin at 4.0%. There was a time I would have been excited with those units, but that feels like a lifetime ago!

Now that swapping skills is so much easier than before, I'm rebuilding my flying team. The old one was pretty much my go-to team for any map where mobility was difficult for ground units.
[attachment=33599:Screenshot_20200121-002724_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg]
Well, Mk 2 has significantly more firepower but I'm not sure which flying dancer to use. Thoughts on who to pick between: Ishtar, Rein, Peony, a Heron, or Olivia?
[attachment=33600:Screenshot_20200123-005213_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg]

I mean, I always use L!Azura with Hone Atk 4.  Do you not have her?  If not, then Peony.  I always pick a dancer for their buffs; they are a support unit and shouldn't be seeing combat.  Though Ishtar is really good for nuking assistance too. 

There are so many good fliers, but it's hard to put together a good team.   One will be a dancer, one will be your melee doubler, and then the other two have to be the other two colors that you're missing, including one nuke. 

The current flying team I'm trying out has two bladetomes and it just doesn't work.  Typically I start with a tank (Myrrh).  Then I add my melee dps, Cordelia or L!Ryoma etc.  Then I add a bladetome (S!Tana or Nino) while the other two units have hone and fort fliers to buff it.  Finally you have room for your refresher or another unit.  You can build however you want but a supported bladetome kills almost everything.

You've got a res tank.  That works too.  That's the big thing my teams have always been missing.  The problem is you can't fit them all in there. 

Yeah I suppose "If you don't have Azura, then use Peony" is pretty much going to always be the answer unless you're talking about a beast/dragon team or a map that needs the dancer to take an axe/arrow at some point.

It just seems like such a waste to have all these [dancers] (for more fun, insert practically any aspect of this game here instead) and not have any use for them.

It just seems like such a waste to have all these [dancers] (for more fun, insert practically any aspect of this game here instead) and not have any use for them.
For sure it does. I mean, you can play however you want. But for "competitive" stuff I always keep going back to the same units bc they're the best.

1. you need something (with Iote's) to tank arrows

2. you need a refresher

3. bring two units with hone fliers and fortify fliers bc why wouldn't you

4. unless you're going to reposition your melee guy out of range every turn, they need to have hit and run

In order to have as much coverage as possible, it becomes a series of contingencies. which really eliminates your options. Of course we can just use fun fliers all the time but then you are going to die lots. I don't get to use half the ones I want to use, either.

My best flier team used both Cordelia and L!Ryoma for colored dps, a bladetome, and Myrrh for tanking. Ideally I'd want four things. 1)def tank with dc, 2)res tank with dc, 3)melee dps, 4)bladetome dps.

Nope, just three houses. Nothing but three houses as far as you can see. :)

I knew the lords were going to be up there, but I didn't expect 6-7 out of each top 10. Voting for any other game is pointless. (Unless maybe Degenerate Fairy gets a big push in the second half)

For those that have AR lift loss reducing mythics, is it worth it to run them on defense and bless everyone accordingly?

Sometimes (especially Anima season) I barely squeak by to maintain tier 21, so it seems like a good idea.

For those that have AR lift loss reducing mythics, is it worth it to run them om defense and bless everyone accordingly?

Sometimes (especially Anima season) I barely squeak by to maintain tier 21, so it seems like a good idea.
oh yes.

AR-defense-team.jpg

That is using Duma and Thrasir +0. I have two other units blessed with anima. Then the wind or fire mythic you use counts as 1 anima blessed hero too. So its like having two mythics and 3 blessed which results in -50 lift loss max.

(right now I'm trying L!Azura and L!Marth so neither one of those can be blessed)

This pass is such crap.

I get the skins thing but locking Quality of Life things behind a paywal is crap.

Other games have to multi-auto battles built in but they wanna charge for it is such crap./

I will say that I'm excited about the skill/merge shop, even though it seems unnecessarily awkward in how it's managed.

The big thing is going to be how much garbage you have to go through to hit premium skills. As long as you get good stuff along the way to the final one it will work out ok.

it's just going to be a timesink and something to play towards.  Those skills that are 5th in the row are going to cost a fortune.  Like imagine spending (that many weeks of) 2000 grails to get Fort def/res 3. 

Yeah I bought the NY orb pack...things were...not good.  Let's just say that now I have five Lokis.  Was missing 3 of the 6 red and colorless units and I only pulled Lif with the first orb pack.  Still no Eliwood or Leif.   Spent about 340 orbs total. The best thing I got was a +speed F!Byleth so at least that was cool. 

Was going to pull a blue orb on the seasonal.  Got none.  So I ended up with Hot Springs Elise. 

Couldn't pass up the chance to own NY!Lethe.  She's simply too good, and among a bunch of completely useless other green cavalry.  

People have still not fully realized the effectiveness of these Close Call and Repel skills.

That's true, my decision to not get the orb pack mostly stemmed from already having Lethe. Right now I'm running Atk Smoke in her c slot and spd smoke as the seal.

I'm going to keep trying to get a second Alfonse/Sharena before I decide what to do on the free rando. If I don't get one, I'll have to decide between taking a chance on blue to patch their atk bane, or green to patch Lethe's spd.

Though whichever color I choose, I'll surely get the worst option.
Winter Sothis? Oh, it's another Mist.
Summer Laegjarn merge? Oh, thanks for the Picnic Lukas.

These are the units that I've built so far this month.  Time to put Loki to work:

loki-happy-little-accident.jpg

brunnya-7.jpg

Caeda-10.jpg

I'm actually really excited about this next 'new heroes' banner for once.  I'd like to pull at least one of the blue/colorless focus.   Really want to get crappy Fiora for that amazing Pegasus Flight 3 fodder.  It's ultra niche, but perfect for Caeda or Clair +10. 

Plus Nils is super cool and you know that Leila will be OP as asdf. 

I haven't been doing a whole lot of big projects, just some minor improvements here and there. I used TT to finish off initial builds for Alm+Celica, Larcei, and a flier build for Peony. I also made Aversa +1/+1 for the 3 extra hp for AR.

I thought about making +10 Ares and giving him DC, but Xander is still getting the job done and inheriting dc would make me lose either Vengeful or Special Fighter.

It seems like every project I have gets lost in the backswing. I either already have that unit's purpose covered, or I don't want to spend the premium skills, grails, and feathers. We'll see what the Combat Manual shop brings to the game.

Edit: I usually make bad orb decisions late at night, but I got a Leila with the tix and about 24 orbs. One of these days I'm going to say I'm saving orbs, then actually DO so. :D

Ugh. The divine code cost is brutal. I'm not surprised, just disappointed. I will be spending all of my unique divine codes on Shanna and Barst manuals since you can't stockpile them.

As a side note, with 5 days left on the Valentine's banner, I encourage people who don't already have Alm+Celica to try and get them. The healing pushed me through AR this week and carried 1 team through all Chain Challenges with ease.

I also wish more people would vote for Alfonse+Sharena in the gauntlet. Until IS proves they're going to rerun them, I think Duos should be a priority.

I'm having a lot of fun this AR season with Leila supported with Nagi. Use Leila to take out the red/thrasir unit.
Then Nagi teleports in with an armor march boost and either cleans everyone up, or blocks/tanks everyone a turn.

-0 lift lost this week with only one matchup remaining sometime after 10pm tonight!  I have so much more fun in AR during anima seasons.   I've got a squad that I like on both sides now.  I'm using Leila as well! She's with W!Sothis. But I am SO sick of the low quality, low effort B!Ike supertank teams that get matched against me though, which are much more prevalent in light season.   It's so dumb.  Going to make a rally trap and use 3 reds next week or something. 

This is what else I've been up to lately:

Lysithea-1.jpg

Death-Knight-7.jpg

have had horrid luck this year for the most part.  but now I've gotten a couple of pristine payouts with +atk. 

Well, I can breathe easy until the next duo unit. I got a -atk/+res Fae+Idunn today. Now the question is whether or not to give them DC+Special Fighter, just dc, or neither :D

Oddly enough, I also got a regular Idunn before that, so there's always more units than there are skills to go around.

jeez you have (almost?) all of the duo units don't you?  That's crazy.

Yeah I can't decide between either Olwen or Leif.  I've gotten some really incredible skills for Olwen and haven't pulled her yet.  But at the end of the day she's a horse with 45 attack and 35 speed.  I'll prolly buy the orb pack for the bonus Forma Soul.  Just not sure who I'll spend it on yet. 

bread's done
Back