Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GC) 14.99 at CC B&M

Woohoo, found one of each Chibi Robo or Fire Emblem at my CC!!

They may be up for trade for the right offer. I may keep them, but I already have such a backlog of games I need to play. :roll:

Got 1 at the Chesterfield TC CC in Richmond, VA, 5 more left at around 1:30 p.m. Marked $49.99 but rang up $14.99.

I got the last Fire Emblem at Erie PA CC. They had like 4 of each Chibi and Battalion.

Does anyone know if in Fire Emblem you can Promote your characters at a certain level? I'm kinda thinking this game is like my Favorite series Shining Force for the Genesis. Anyone know?

[quote name='pimpinc333']I got the last Fire Emblem at Erie PA CC. They had like 4 of each Chibi and Battalion.

Does anyone know if in Fire Emblem you can Promote your characters at a certain level? I'm kinda thinking this game is like my Favorite series Shining Force for the Genesis. Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

Very similar vein except for the whole dying, you're done thing.

You get items in the game that allow you to promote. Simply put, don't bother with them (you're skipping levels, the equivalent of missing out on stats, when using them). All characters actually autopromote when they hit level 20, with two exceptions. One, characters like Titania that start promoted. And two, storyline characters like the hero who promote based on a story event in a certain chapter instead of level gaining.

Thanks for the heads up OP

I ran over and grabed the last copy at my Circuit City as I've been waiting to get this one and was on the fence about getting it at TRU at $21.

I was able to get BW, FE, and Chibi two of each. Extra copies are for a friend. I got the last two Fire Emblems on the shelf but there were still quite a few BW's and Chibi's. This was in the Plano, TX store.

Saw no Chibi Robo (not that it mattered to me personally) and grabbed the sole copy of Fire Emblem at the Edina, MN store. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='robbart914']Very similar vein except for the whole dying, you're done thing.

You get items in the game that allow you to promote. Simply put, don't bother with them (you're skipping levels, the equivalent of missing out on stats, when using them). All characters actually autopromote when they hit level 20, with two exceptions. One, characters like Titania that start promoted. And two, storyline characters like the hero who promote based on a story event in a certain chapter instead of level gaining.[/QUOTE]

Sweet this game sounds just like Shining Force I can't wait to play it. Thanks Robbart!

[quote name='djkunai']So Fire Emblem is more like Advance Wars than Battalion Wars? The devil you say![/QUOTE]
It's true. Advance Wars and Fire Emblem are from the same developer, but Battlion Wars was made by a different studio.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Sweet this game sounds just like Shining Force I can't wait to play it. Thanks Robbart![/QUOTE]

No prob. As far as I'm concerned, this series IS Shining Force....

...for perfectionists. No better way to describe it. Even the whole cut in and out of battle for attacks thing (which you can and probably will want to turn off if you're on a battle for the third time). But yeah, Shining Force pretty much lives on in the Fire Emblem series. Since that's Nintendo's hands, I suppose I can't complain. Be prepared for a little frustration though.

I can confirm that both Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Chibi Robo were both stickered at $14.99 at Sears ESSENTIALS as well.

All Sears Essentials stores have all Sears prices, BUT not all Sears have all Sears Essentials prices, so it's not confirmed for regular Sears stores yet, only Essentials until someone else finds out for sure.

Hit the CC in San Mateo, CA - picked up Chibi-Robo, Fire Emblem & Battalion Wars. They had a couple copies left of FE & BW, but looks like I snagged the last Chibi-Robo. Thanks all!

anyone know if this is $15 at best buy? actually, anyone know if best buy even carries this game anymore? cant even see it on their website

I decided to check out the CC in my area (Daly City), and it looks like it's been picked clean of Fire Emblem and Chibi Robo. I said I was going to pass on this deal, but I had to check anyway.

Here is my take on the differences between Fire Emblem and Advance Wars.

Story - FE > AW, no question. AW's story is too generic, while FE really gets you into the medieval setting.

Difficulty - FE. If you suck at AW, prepare to get frustrated in FE, especially if you're a perfectionist like me.

Replayability - They're both really good, but AW > FE. Multiplayer maps galore w/ the opportunity to best your rankings w/ various COs or challenge your friends.

In general, most addicts of one series like the other as well. I'm an AW addict converted to FE. That'll change when another AW DS appears; this time with online (prays).

I was at the hayward store 2 hours before you were and the guys could not find FE anyware though they had it on their system. Where did you find it or did we just miss each other!!!!

Thanks for posting this. Not only did I find a copy of Fire Emblem, but CC sold me a DS rumble pak for $0.01.

(FWIW, the rumble pak doesn't rumble much in Metroid Prime, and is not really that exciting.)

I picked up all three (Fire Emblem, Battalion Wars, and Chibi Robo).

I've been REEEEEALLY excited to play Chibi Robo all year, but can't justify an outrageous $50 for one game (let alone $60...)

I'm not sure if I'm keeping Fire Emblem or not though. Gamespot says it has difficulty levels? I might enjoy it on easy if that's the case.
I started the first Gameboy Advance one and really hated it. Too frustrating. I loved the first Advance Wars, but hated the second for the same reason (haven't played the DS one yet).

Soooo...not sure if I should keep this one. I loved the second Shining Force, and love the art in this series though. (Never got to play Shining Force 3-I kind of skipped it mostly because Sega wouldn't release all three games.)

The problem is I love strategy games when I love them ;) It’s really hit and miss for me. Loved Vandal Hearts, Shining Force 2, Dragon Force and some others. HATED Fire Emblem (GBA), Final Fantasy Tactics/Advance, Shining Force remake (GBA).

For me there’s a really fine line for these games for whether I enjoy them, or am insanely frustrated. I *HATE* having to play a scenario perfectly, having to restart, etc., and it sounds like the Gamecube Fire Emblem is like that.

Except…a Gamespot review says there’s difficulty levels (YAY!) and says you can give experience to characters who weren’t in the battle (also yay!). So those make it sound like I could stand it.

I had my wife pick up all three at the Westland, MI CC yesterday. She said she got the last FE, but there were still copies of CR and BW.

I've been waiting for a price drop on FE since forever.

Well right when I was about to leave to go check my CC, I discovered my car got broken into. So uhh...maybe this game's just bad luck for me.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Sweet this game sounds just like Shining Force I can't wait to play it. Thanks Robbart![/quote]

Actually shining force is generally considered a bit of a rip off of fire emblem. Still, sf 2 was the first srpgs I played and still one of my favorites.

Puppy, you hated the sf1 remake but you liked sf2? I didn't like one as much but it wasn't bad.

Yeah, I loved Shining Force 2 on the Genesis, but the GBA remake of 1 drove me nuts for some of the same reasons as Fire Emblem. Really tough gameplay that IMO forced you to do everything too perfectly.

I wish this was a general price reduction. My local Circuit City and local Sears are out of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Chibi Robo. Yet my local Best Buy has both for $50 each.

[quote name='[email protected]']Actually shining force is generally considered a bit of a rip off of fire emblem. Still, sf 2 was the first srpgs I played and still one of my favorites.

Puppy, you hated the sf1 remake but you liked sf2? I didn't like one as much but it wasn't bad.[/QUOTE]

My first SRPG I played was Shining Force 2. That game was really good. Then I moved on to Shining Force 1 which again was really good but the controls were a little off from 2 where you had to press A twice to talk. I then bought a Saturn and Shining Force 3 for like 150.00 and that game was great also.

I may have to pop open Fire Emblem and check it out.

Tried 2 CCs near Baltimore, both had crappy GC selections, saw like maybe 2 Battlion Wars, in each. No go for Fire Emblem, guess I'll just wait for general price drop. One CC at Route 40, the other at Aruendel Mills.

If anyone has an extra copy of Fire Emblem, PM me. I'll buy it for cost + shipping or trade with Battalion Wars or Godfather Xbox LE.

Anyone played fire emblem for gc is it worth the 15$? i have the two games for gba and they were ok not golden sun RPG'S but just ok.

Fire Emblem is definitely hard I'd have to say since some characters can't be recruited if you miss certain points also if your character dies they can't be revived.

[quote name='richbastard']Anyone played fire emblem for gc is it worth the 15$? i have the two games for gba and they were ok not golden sun RPG'S but just ok.[/QUOTE]

The music's better. The story's a bit more intricate. They 3-D'ed the attack sequences, which could honestly go either way in terms of preference, as some prefer the anime style. The sprites on the battle maps look better than the GBAs barely detailable ones, but still nothing like the godliness of the Nippon Ichi ones in games like Disgaea.

Basically, it's a bigger version of the GBA ones. You get a lot of the normal perks of a console in graphics, sounds, and a boost in game size, but at its heart, its still the same Fire Emblem you've experienced. $15 is cheap for any RPG you actually play through IMHO, but there's certainly plenty of RPGs, so if Fire Emblem's just not doing it for you, do yourself a favor and pass. Besides, with the recent releases of Xenosaga III, Disgaea II, and VP2, there's more than enough alternatives to fill that gap of boredom.

[quote name='rcaido']Ok, so it this an rpg or a strategy game? I thought this was like Advance Wars?[/quote]

I'd say that the Fire Emblem games fall much closer to the Advance Wars strategy line than RPG, if RPG is defined to be a game in which the player makes choices for the avater(s) that effect the flow of the game.

Basically Fire Emblem has slightly more customization than Advance Wars as far as characters and units are concerened; but not even close to most games that fall into the Strategy RPG category (i.e. Disgaea, FF: Tactics, etc.).

I'd say if you enjoyed Advance Wars you will find Fire Emblem to be very similar and equally enjoyable, although Fire Emblem is the tougher of the two series.

PeaceOut->
icebeast

Just came back from the CC in Millbury, MA. There were about 5 or 6 each of Battalion Wars and Fire Emblem, but no Chibi Robo, which was the only one I was looking for. If I knew so many CAGs were looking for FE and unable to get it, I would have grabbed a couple for trade. Not sure if I'll be able to get back up there for the next few days, but if anyone in my area is looking for FE, you can probably score one there.

I actually found advanced wars harder than Fire Emblem...so I think you can't say one is harder than the other...it kind of depends on the player. Advanced wars, well awhile ago when I played it, I found hard at the last couple missions. Fire Emblem was no sweat for me on any difficulty, I dont think I lost a single character once when I played through it on normal. Well...maybe I had to restart once or twice to get that char. back.

Grabbed the last FE on display at my local CC but there were a ton of Battalion Wars left. No sign of Chibi-Robo though from the limited selection I saw.

bread's done
Back