Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Seasons of Warfare Edition

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
UPDATE: 3/19, 12pm CT: BACK IN STOCK AT AMAZON (now OOS) 

LINKS:

GAME: 

This is for the Special Edition of Fire Emblem Three Houses -- Seasons of Warfare Edition. Some people have posted elsewhere that you can still PO at Gamestop in store only, though. So far, it is sold out online. 

For $99 you get: 

• Art book,
  • Sound selection CD
  • 2020 calendar
  • Steelbook 
  • Game
R9NzacKGb07WJEKEdD8Gg3-J5zkpncRh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I forget what game i order from them and that's what happened. It was days after release when I got the message and it was sold out everywhere of course.

I'm just waiting for Best Buy to come back in stock.
Judging by the posts here and on the CAG front page, this seems to go in and out of stock fairly frequently at BB (much like the SSB Ultimate CE). You have to be online at the right time and hope for the best.

Judging by the posts here and on the CAG front page, this seems to go in and out of stock fairly frequently at BB (much like the SSB Ultimate CE). You have to be online at the right time and hope for the best.
I'm going to go ahead and disagree with your conclusion (even if the evidence seems to suggest otherwise).

I've been carefully tracking the BestBuy SKU since I missed the original ~15 minute window due to dinner (priorities, right?). Yes, the preorder button has cycled over the past weeks, several times when I've been sitting at the computer. According to the data I've mined, the SKU appears live for either 7, 14, or 21 minute cycles; I have not been able to determine if there's a functional difference between them, at least from my perspective.

When the SKU goes live, you can add the item to your cart - it's the checkout that's problematic. I've personally had the item in my cart since a day or two after the original listing and have never gotten one step closer to checkout. Neither shipping or store pickup seems to make any difference, and that's even when the link goes live while I've been at my computer, doing a random 20-second cycle of F5ing when I happen to have a moment to check.

The only conclusion I can draw is that, if these preorder links are truly 'live' is that BestBuy is somehow gating customers based on geographical location. For example, if a user in California were to have secured a preorder, then cancelled it (one of the ways that inventory goes back into central BestBuy stock), only nearby users in California would be able to checkout from the newly-reinstated preorder link.

The concerning part (for me, at least) is that this would run counter to past BestBuy practice/policy on limited stock, highly-desired, preorder items. I've had pretty good past success nabbing limited stock preorders for 'hot' items, like NES/SNES Classic, FE:Fates SE, among others. Normally, if you're the first to try and checkout, there's no problem. However, this item is notably different and I've NEVER had a situation that's literally taken weeks, without even any close successes.

Don't get me wrong, I have one secured through Amazon and, now, Target, just to make sure that I get at least one copy on release for my own personal collection. For me, BestBuy simply allows me to take advantage of my final 9 months of GCU and is a direct cost-savings. That, and BestBuy store pickup usually removes the uncertainty of damaged goods in bubble mailers, etc.

I'm also starting to think that this item won't be especially rare, more akin to the FE: Shadows of Valentia SE. As a new title and the first on the Switch, I don't think it will be 'as' abundant as the Valentia SE...but not nearly in the FE: Fates category.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with your conclusion (even if the evidence seems to suggest otherwise).

I've been carefully tracking the BestBuy SKU since I missed the original ~15 minute window due to dinner (priorities, right?). Yes, the preorder button has cycled over the past weeks, several times when I've been sitting at the computer. According to the data I've mined, the SKU appears live for either 7, 14, or 21 minute cycles; I have not been able to determine if there's a functional difference between them, at least from my perspective.

When the SKU goes live, you can add the item to your cart - it's the checkout that's problematic. I've personally had the item in my cart since a day or two after the original listing and have never gotten one step closer to checkout. Neither shipping or store pickup seems to make any difference, and that's even when the link goes live while I've been at my computer, doing a random 20-second cycle of F5ing when I happen to have a moment to check.

The only conclusion I can draw is that, if these preorder links are truly 'live' is that BestBuy is somehow gating customers based on geographical location. For example, if a user in California were to have secured a preorder, then cancelled it (one of the ways that inventory goes back into central BestBuy stock), only nearby users in California would be able to checkout from the newly-reinstated preorder link.

The concerning part (for me, at least) is that this would run counter to past BestBuy practice/policy on limited stock, highly-desired, preorder items. I've had pretty good past success nabbing limited stock preorders for 'hot' items, like NES/SNES Classic, FE:Fates SE, among others. Normally, if you're the first to try and checkout, there's no problem. However, this item is notably different and I've NEVER had a situation that's literally taken weeks, without even any close successes.

Don't get me wrong, I have one secured through Amazon and, now, Target, just to make sure that I get at least one copy on release for my own personal collection. For me, BestBuy simply allows me to take advantage of my final 9 months of GCU and is a direct cost-savings. That, and BestBuy store pickup usually removes the uncertainty of damaged goods in bubble mailers, etc.

I'm also starting to think that this item won't be especially rare, more akin to the FE: Shadows of Valentia SE. As a new title and the first on the Switch, I don't think it will be 'as' abundant as the Valentia SE...but not nearly in the FE: Fates category.
I had a similar problem with preordering SSB Ultimate CE at Best Buy. The Preorder button would be live and I could add it to the cart, but most of the time it would take the item out at checkout saying it was no longer in stock. I was persistent and kept trying and after about 20 more times (over three more days) I finally got checkout to go through.

Its still hard to gauge rarity on this item as Nintendo could potentially make more after seeing their retail partners sell out quickly, since the release date is still over 5 months away.

I've seen best buy let me get something in my cart but not allow a checkout, with how long GameStop and Target are keeping it up who knows at this point definitely no reason to be paying a mark up short of having to import

I noticed today that on the Gamestop homepage, the Seasons of Warfare edition thumbnail has an Only @ GS label. Nothing on the product page when you click through indicates it's an exclusive, and obviously other retailers seem to think they're getting copies, but if you're paranoid about getting a copy, you might want to lock one in.

I noticed today that on the Gamestop homepage, the Seasons of Warfare edition thumbnail has an Only @ GS label. Nothing on the product page when you click through indicates it's an exclusive, and obviously other retailers seem to think they're getting copies, but if you're paranoid about getting a copy, you might want to lock one in.
Nintendo's own product page has the Seasons of Warfare edition listed for physical purchase at Amazon, Best Buy, Target, WalMart, and Gamestop. I feel pretty secure that all 5 will be getting stock, and GS (may) be adding some extra incentive (like character pins, or a poster, or a handy to pay the rent)

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/fire-emblem-three-houses-seasons-of-warfare-edition-switch#retailers

Nintendo's own product page has the Seasons of Warfare edition listed for physical purchase at Amazon, Best Buy, Target, WalMart, and Gamestop. I feel pretty secure that all 5 will be getting stock, and GS (may) be adding some extra incentive (like character pins, or a poster, or a handy to pay the rent)

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/fire-emblem-three-houses-seasons-of-warfare-edition-switch#retailers
That's an excellent point; thanks for reminding me. Here's hoping it's some additional goodies, since that's where I'm getting my copy.

Doesn't this seem like one of those CEs that will go on deep discount after release? It hasn't stopped being on sale on gamestop for a week or more now

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/games/fire-emblem-three-houses-seasons-of-warfare-edition/173346

I have one in at best buy for myself but I kinda wonder if it'll go 50% discount at gamestop and amazon after release...
I think it's just a case of people holding orders at GS until they could get them elsewhere. Every time Best Buy or another retailer came back in stock, GS all of the sudden would hours later.

I don't think this will be hard to find if you really want it, but also don't think that it'll be a significantly price reduced item either.

The only reason why Fates was so high was because it was the only way to buy all three games in one bundle (and the only way to get the physical copy of one of those games). Also, nintendo was being dumb and underestimated demand and didn't do anything about it. Warriors and Echos special editions did not jump like Fates did, something else to think about.

The steelbook and artbook looks nice, but the calendar and music cd is pretty much useless.

The only reason why Fates was so high was because it was the only way to buy all three games in one bundle (and the only way to get the physical copy of one of those games). Also, nintendo was being dumb and underestimated demand and didn't do anything about it. Warriors and Echos special editions did not jump like Fates did, something else to think about.

The steelbook and artbook looks nice, but the calendar and music cd is pretty much useless.
Exactly why I'm not buying the Three Houses Special Edition. Turned a tidy profit off of the couple of Fates Special Editions I bought but I don't expect lightning to strike twice.

BestBuy currently has this in stock for store pickup and shipping.  I've been stalking the listing since it was first posted and this is the FIRST time that it's actually been 'live' for order, at least for me. 

May the GCU be with you.

BestBuy currently has this in stock for store pickup and shipping. I've been stalking the listing since it was first posted and this is the FIRST time that it's actually been 'live' for order, at least for me.

May the GCU be with you.
Same. Finally got an order in.

amazing how its no longer sold out... tactic of nintendo? drive up the hype and demand, make it hard to preorder, then everyone rushes, then whamo... 

amazing how its no longer sold out... tactic of nintendo? drive up the hype and demand, make it hard to preorder, then everyone rushes, then whamo...
I honestly almost prefer gated preorders. I dislike the notion of missing out on something only because it went live at 2am, and some jackwhistle pushed through 30 copies to resell on ebay. It gets pretty frustrating to find that I can't preorder a retailer-exclusive amiibo/limited edition game because it went up while I was in a meeting and sold out in 3 seconds.

Preorders at BestBuy still look to be available.  Since it has been several hours, this certainly lends support toward this product being much easier to get than the FE:Fates SE. 

Either way, I'm just personally happy to get it for 20% off, since my intentions to get it were independent of its possible scarcity/rarity. 

Yeah, the only thing this might do is cause me to cancel my Target order which I had as backup in case Best Buy didn't come through.  Definitely keeping my BB order though.

Gamestop will be gone soon enough. I dont want to see so many people lose their jobs but it's going to happen.
I don't want to see it gone either. I paid ten bucks extra for a 2 year warranty for my "New" 3ds refurb I got a couple months ago. :(

bread's done
Back