first party Wii component cables up now on Nintendo's store![BACKORDERS NOW SHIPPING]

[quote name='lurknomore']Are accessories for the Wii region free? I don't know why we can't use the cables that can be found on playasia.....anyone know.[/quote]

Since the Wii isnt out yet in Asia, I doubt it....it's not out in Japan until December.

Apparently I didn't change to UPS Blue. Did anyone else think they picked ups blue and it turns out that didn't happen?

Cause I keep track of expensives and I put the total charge including the 7$ blue price in my expense log. Which makes it highly unlikely that I actually just forgot to pick blue.

[quote name='Stoneage']I just got shipping confirmation and I ordered yesterday. Does that make me a bad person?[/quote]

It makes you a liar.

[quote name='zuldane']It makes you a liar.[/QUOTE]
Okayyyyyy....I don't make the rules, and I don't see what I'd gain from lying. They are on the way via UPS now. I can post the info, but it's a lot of work for something I don't care too much about proving.

Edit: I realize this could be faked, but just to let people know not to give up:

KURT xxxxx
Order #: 34xxxxx
Order Date: 11/16/2006.

Ship Via:

UPS
Track Order
Tracking #:

1Zxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shipment Date:

11/18/2006

Shipped
Part #

Description

Quantity

Price USD

INSERT, CONSUMER RETURN INST-US

$0.00

ACC, COMPONENT VIDEO RVL-WCS

$29.95

Items:

$29.95
Sales Tax:

$2.18
Shipping Charge:

$5.00

Order total:

$37.13

probably ansewered before but these wont be available in store right? Any huge difference between first and third party stuff quality wise?

[quote name='Z-Saber']What kind of shipping did you guys get? I ordered a few days ago with UPS Blue and have no number.[/QUOTE]
Regular $5 shipping. My only problem now is waiting for my 9/15 Amazon Wii.

I'm about to try ordering a second cable with standard shipping, but I don't know how to cancel the original order/second order in case either ships.

I got into this deal like 8 hours late or so and they shipped for me the other day. It says they'll arrive on the 27th, but judging from previous experiences with UPS I'll get them sometime next week.

I just ordered some component cables since I got a component video switch tonight. Since they are backordred for awhile I guess I'll have to live with composite for a few weeks.

[quote name='KongaKing']Is anyone else (Who got the Wii at midnight) only getting Audio from their cables? Freakin hell I can't get video from them...[/quote]

Please tell us that your cable isn't defective :(

[quote name='KongaKing']Is anyone else (Who got the Wii at midnight) only getting Audio from their cables? Freakin hell I can't get video from them...[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you have the colors matched correctly?

Please tell us the cables are not defective... im getting mine monday via UPSRED

[quote name='bo0']Are you sure you have the colors matched correctly?[/quote]

99% of the time that's what's wrong. Usually I transpose the green and the blue. You might also check and make sure all settings on both the TV and the Wii are correctly set for progressive scan/widescreen/component inputs.

Went to Best Buy this morning, neither the $25 or $60 component cables have arrived yet. They told me to check in a couple of days.

Please report any first or third party cable sitings at retail!

Wow. If I didn't find composite to be such an abomination, I'd Ebay mine right now. Out of morbid curiosity, I checked Ebay this morning: no auctions and 1 Ebay store selling it for 99.99. Just checked again and nothing. So I assume the 99.99 one sold and is just waiting to get indexed into the sold results. Given no third-parties, I cringe at what I could sell this for. But I can't.

[quote name='PaulG']Wow. If I didn't find composite to be such an abomination, I'd Ebay mine right now. Out of morbid curiosity, I checked Ebay this morning: no auctions and 1 Ebay store selling it for 99.99. Just checked again and nothing. So I assume the 99.99 one sold and is just waiting to get indexed into the sold results. Given no third-parties, I cringe at what I could sell this for. But I can't.[/quote]Be a nice guy and sell it to me.

[quote name='TC']These cables are nowhere to be found.[/QUOTE]
that sucks... good timing for me though - my employee discount doesn't kick in until tomorrow - I was afraid all the component cables would be long gone by then. I'm not sure about the $60 Griffin brand cables, but another brand that goes for a pretty penny for other consoles is a nice deal for us. Just in case we sell out, I've got two wii classic controllers ordered for in store pickup at a competitor... at a discount - guess which one :)

Doesn't matter anyway, my Wii from Amazon won't be here until Tuesday.

[quote name='Z-Saber']What kind of shipping did you guys get? I ordered a few days ago with UPS Blue and have no number.[/quote]
i had my cables shipped ups ground :cool:

i hope you get your cables soon!

[quote name='pop311']Be a nice guy and sell it to me.[/QUOTE]

I can't sell it to anyone... for any price.

Zelda and composite WILL make my eyes bleed.

[quote name='lmz00']Nintendo sucks for only taking MC/Visa. :mad:[/QUOTE]

Diner's card not accepted.:lol:

Another case of nobody's got the cables out in douglasville, GA.

I thought we had a link to BB for the first-party component cables somewhere in this forum, but I lost it and can't find them off of Best Buy now. Anyone have the link?

No cables 'round here.

I must make a second request for anyone with first-party AND third-party cables to post their impressions, especially about the third-party cables.

[quote name='Z-Saber']No cables 'round here.

I must make a second request for anyone with first-party AND third-party cables to post their impressions, especially about the third-party cables.[/quote]

Third party cables aren't out yet, but I can gurantee there's no picture quality difference at all. 480p uses so little bandwidth. I've done comparisons of cables on 1080i between cheapy Xbox packed cables and Monster cables and there's zero difference in picture quality.

[quote name='Doom5']Third party cables aren't out yet[/quote]Are you sure? The fella in Douglasville CC said they sold out of their whopping TWO wii component cables this morning. Seeing as he didn't believe me that Nintendo was even making first party components, that would mean he sold two third party components today.

Or he was lying.

One of the blueshirts at best buy was nice enough to go onto their intranet and show me the weekly retail PDF. Both of their 3rd party cables are delayed until December. :(

A few weeks back when I found out about the component not being available at launch I was pretty upset. But now that I have the Wii set up with composite it doesn't look too bad - a bit fuzzier than what I'm used to with the GC and PS2, but I can live with it until mid-December. I am going to hold off on playing Zelda though until I can get them.

Now, had I known they'd sell for a bundle on ebay I might have gotten a set from Nintendo anyway ;). But for my own use I'm too much of a cheap-ass to pay $30 + shipping from them when I can get them using store credit later (thus, basically free, or about $12 if you consider the cost of my trade-in credit).

So no cables until Ninty and the third parties get them out in December? Well, guess I'll wait on my Nov. 28th backorder then.

[quote name='io']A few weeks back when I found out about the component not being available at launch I was pretty upset. But now that I have the Wii set up with composite it doesn't look too bad - a bit fuzzier than what I'm used to with the GC and PS2, but I can live with it until mid-December. I am going to hold off on playing Zelda though until I can get them.[/quote]100% my exact thoughts.

I'm using a Dell 2407 24" monitor and Zelda looks fine... I'll probably get the component cables just to have them though.

Aren't they selling these elsewhere? Why doesn't Amazon/Best Buy/Circuit City web sites have these available? Since I have a $10 off coupon at BB, I may just pick up 3rd party cables from there, though I'm not in any big rush.

Hmmmm... guess Ill have to wait until BB gets the 3rd party cables in so I can use a GCC on it... 20 bucks is decent... especially with the picture Im getting right now on the 2 tvs Im using this on

[quote name='Kirra']I'm using a Dell 2407 24" monitor and Zelda looks fine... [/quote]There's a big difference between something looking fine or acceptable as opposed to looking the best it can. Or rather, the way it ought.

Mine are coming today. Given the massive shortage, I'm not feeling so bad about paying for UPS RED and not having them on Friday. Selling them for $100 is tempting...

...but embarking upon a quest through Hyrule tonight is moreso. ;)

[quote name='purduealum91']Tybee, do it. See if you get a $100. I bet you will, lol[/QUOTE]

If he lived in Wisconsin I'd drive down and get them right now.

Right now my offer is, 2 SEALED Wiimotes to anyone within 2 hours drive of Milwaukee.

The 28th is eight days away. Practice patience and save yourself some money, Michael.

The game will look exactly the same as it does when the $35 Nintendo shipment goes out next week, as it would if you paid $100 to someone for them to arrive in a couple days.

bread's done
Back