Five Below $5 games

Falcongamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (100%)
So I went to last week, the new Five Below store in the Winston Plaza at Melrose Park, IL. Among the games there are Bakugan for NDS, Naruto Shippuden Clash of the Ninja 3 for Wii and Every Extend Extra for PSP. There are other games but those 3 are the better games in my opinion. So all games are $5.00, which are a huge steal, especially when you are looking how great the store is like. There are other stuff there but that's your decision.

Anyone dropmix cards ship? I ordered all of them and a board game and the game shipped but the cards still haven't. I ordered on the 9th.
My order of a couple game units and cards hasn't done anything, and I ordered a while back. I mostly wanted cards if they were going to send them. At the rate it's going, I expect them to eventually cancel my whole order?

What are some of the amiibos everyone is seeing at their local stores? So far I've seen Ryu and Zero Suit Samus along with all the Animal Crossing ones.
Local store had six different Animal Crossing Amiibo. They were 2 for $5. I grabbed one of each. Didn't see any Smash Amiibo.

Has anybody seen Call of Duty Infinite Warefare for PS4 at their five Below? I’ve only seen the XB1 version
I wasn't looking very hard, but, I thought I saw a couple copies? I could be wrong. They had 15+ for XONE. They had 3 Destiny 2 for PS4.

I didn't buy.  I don't actually know anything about Destiny 1 or 2, but that's definitely some important information.

So what's the cheapest device compatible with Dropmix? 

Got one and the Series 1 Discover Pack since they were $2 a piece.  Series 2 seems cheaper on Amazon. 

Forgot to ask about the playlist packs/didn't see any nearby the game itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple weeks back, I made an order for:

3 x Dropmix Units

3 x Pop Playlist Pack

Total was $39 with free shipping.

It gets delayed, then finally ships, and arrived a couple days ago.

Three Dropmix units inside, with no card packs.

After emailing them and explaining that I'm missing the cards, they go ahead and process the same order as my first one:

3 x Dropmix Units

3 x Pop Playlist Pack

Total:  $0

I have no idea if the second set is going to have the playlist cards, or if I'll just end up with another three units.  :lol:

Found Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited PS 4 $5.55 and various switch joycon covers and switch chargers at 5 below. Is Elder scrolls possible to complete with 2 players?

Found Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited PS 4 $5.55 and various switch joycon covers and switch chargers at 5 below. Is Elder scrolls possible to complete with 2 players?

Just a heads up for those looking for more cheap dropmix options: Amazon has a lot of  them up as part of a limited time sale.  I picked up the full series 2 discovery pack set and the Flora and Energy playlist packs since I have not seen those cheaper anywhere else.  Amazon has the newer playlist packs on sale for around $10 which is also the cheapest I have seen I think for those but I passed on them after being spoiled by the $2.25/playlist pack price at five below. 

It's good to point out that Dropmix cards work just fine when in soft sleeves, such as the Ultra Pro brand card sleeves.  The only drawback is that a large stack on the Dropmix machine can easily slip and slide, which can ruin the scoring of your current game.

For anybody looking for the 6 extra Mario Kart Monopoly pieces, the 99¢ Only store had them in stock in SoCal yesterday. The store I went to had 3 full boxes of the and was able to get the full set. I was trying to find more Dropmix playlist packs but didn’t find any more at 2 stores I went to yesterday but did find the Isabelle Winter Outfit Amiibo. No new videogames for any system spotted just the previous noted ones.

For anybody looking for the 6 extra Mario Kart Monopoly pieces, the 99¢ Only store had them in stock in SoCal yesterday. The store I went to had 3 full boxes of the and was able to get the full set. I was trying to find more Dropmix playlist packs but didn’t find any more at 2 stores I went to yesterday but did find the Isabelle Winter Outfit Amiibo. No new videogames for any system spotted just the previous noted ones.
Was this in San Diego by any chance?

The Five Below I go to was literally overflowing with Infinite Warfare copies for months. Just a few weeks ago they were overflowing with Destiny 2 and now they are both gone. It's crazy to think people are actually buying these things.

those games are great for wounded warriors sitting in hospitals doing nothing but playing old games.  We bought a bunch for the soldiers and they were thrilled.

I like 5-Below for their retro T-shirts, or seasonal T-shirts.

As far as video games go ... one time, several years ago they had a rapid fire GameCube controller, which was nifty for $5.

I haven't seen many interesting items though since.  The video games they get are generally undesirable.  The movies are the stuff you find in thrift stores.

I still stop in every month for their T-shirts.  They sometimes have a good selection of overstock video game shirts for $5 (good selection of shirts, not good video games).  A couple years ago they had Sonic shirts for half off - $2.50 per shirt (supposedly clearance), all sizes available.  It was likely a mistake, but I enjoyed it (for me, not to resell).  Cheap licensed quality clothes are a nice touch.

Those Nintendo published 3DS games from a few months ago (Yokai Watch, Zelda Tri Force Heroes, Animal Crossing HHD) were probably the best games I have ever seen at Five Below for $5 each.

I've gotten a few games there over the past couple of years, largely for my stepson (now 9), but a few for me as well.  His favorite would probably be the Beyblade 3DS game, largely because it came with a beyblade.  But also things like Yo Kai Watch, etc.

I've gotten the most play out of Extinction and Surviving Mars, though.

The most interesting games I ever saw there were Pokemon Mini Handheld systems for $5 and extra game cartridges for $4. That was probably around 12 years ago. I had never seen the system or games for sale in any non online store before and it was a fun impulse buy.

I've heard Extinction was pretty terrible. I was interested because it seemed like a fun premise, but I couldn't find one positive opinion on it.
I mean... it's $5 fun. The best review of it I saw was "I keep hearing this compared to Attack on Titan, so I tried that instead, and it is much better".

It's certainly not a challenging game, but it is a bit fun to hack off a giant ogre's leg so you can reach it's head.

those games are great for wounded warriors sitting in hospitals doing nothing but playing old games. We bought a bunch for the soldiers and they were thrilled.
Sure, but Destiny 2 is free to play now. There is no offline component so all those discs do is save on some bandwidth.

A bizarre sight at Five Below for me yesterday. They had Darksiders 2 for the Xbox 360, but it was $5.55. It appears that quite a few things in the store were now priced at $5.55. This is the first time i have ever seen anything priced above $5 there.

A bizarre sight at Five Below for me yesterday. They had Darksiders 2 for the Xbox 360, but it was $5.55. It appears that quite a few things in the store were now priced at $5.55. This is the first time i have ever seen anything priced above $5 there.
They've been adding a section for items going up to $10. All of the stores in my city have it now, with things like phone chargers and headsets around the $7 mark. Games are mostly 7 or 10.

The most interesting games I ever saw there were Pokemon Mini Handheld systems for $5 and extra game cartridges for $4. That was probably around 12 years ago. I had never seen the system or games for sale in any non online store before and it was a fun impulse buy.
They had Pokemon Minis at Five below or was it something else similar? They are pretty expensive now.

The Five Below in Winston Salem (beside Target) had Mad Max X1 and Shadows of War Definitive for X1 for 10.00 yesterday.

I’d have grabbed Mad Max for the PS4 but this store shows no love for that system.

I went to the Five Below today to pick up a couple of pez dispenser candies for the kids and to my surprise I found a bunch of copies for Darksiders II (Xbox 360) on the shelf. As aforementioned it had a retail price of $5.55 just like some other merchandise was also priced up by a few cents higher than before.

They've been adding a section for items going up to $10. All of the stores in my city have it now, with things like phone chargers and headsets around the $7 mark. Games are mostly 7 or 10.
Before it blew up in price because of the cards inside, amiibo Festival w/ the 2 physical amiibo and 3 cards were priced at $10 and in the back of the store months ago in the above $5 section with chairs, headsets, etc

I picked up a Super Smash Bros Zero Suit Samus Amiibo today for $5.00 and noticed the Splatoon Inkling boy and girl figures along with Animal Crossing Kicks and Lottie figures (some of which I think have been there before).

Also noticed copies of Darksiders II for Xbox 360 and Yokai Watch for 3DS.

I picked up a Super Smash Bros Zero Suit Samus Amiibo today for $5.00 and noticed the Splatoon Inkling boy and girl figures along with Animal Crossing Kicks and Lottie figures (some of which I think have been there before).

Can confirm.

I stock at Five Below and put out several boxes of Inklings and ZSS yesterday. Smash amiibo are usually reserved for seasonal/holiday ads, while Animal Crossing come at random intervals. Last time we got a shipment was just prior to New Horizons' release.

Can confirm.

I stock at Five Below and put out several boxes of Inklings and ZSS yesterday. Smash amiibo are usually reserved for seasonal/holiday ads, while Animal Crossing come at random intervals. Last time we got a shipment was just prior to New Horizons' release.
I just learned there were a few Five Below in my area, and I stopped by this week -- all I found were Blathers, Tom Nook, and Celeste. However, I might have to stop by a bit later and check again if this is true.

I just learned there were a few Five Below in my area, and I stopped by this week -- all I found were Blathers, Tom Nook, and Celeste. However, I might have to stop by a bit later and check again if this is true.
Selection, quantity and delivery frequencies will vary by store.

How much actually gets put out by the stock team is another factor. If the store doesn't have a lot of staff, they could easily get backed up on freight. Often times, a fair amount of product will be sitting in the backroom. So If you're looking for a specific item and don't see it on the sales floor, don't be afraid to ask an employee to check in the back or pull up inventory.

Selection, quantity and delivery frequencies will vary by store.

How much actually gets put out by the stock team is another factor. If the store doesn't have a lot of staff, they could easily get backed up on freight. Often times, a fair amount of product will be sitting in the backroom. So If you're looking for a specific item and don't see it on the sales floor, don't be afraid to ask an employee to check in the back or pull up inventory.
This is an issue everywhere. Businesses don't want to hire adequate staff. They want to run bare minimum. Walmart is the worst.

This was the selection of Amiibos at my 5 below today. They also had about 25 copies of Fallout 4 for $5, which I was happy to pick up one of.

bread's done
Back