Force Unleashed 2 CE (X360/PS3) $19.99 at Newegg

well i contacted them and got my money back... since there was no way i would get the dlc... i shouldve gotten it on gamefly for 10 bucks : (

This really sucks. I don't want a refund, but at the same time, I'm so annoyed by this I don't know if I even care any more. I just emailed them for some kind of resolution.

So i just got two email updates, marking my claim as "approved" and "resolved". they created a new order and put 3 day shipping on it. Anyway, just an update for everyone. Wish i woulda had that free shoprunner when i ordered originally.

Sorry to hear all the issues with this deal. I was lucky, mine shipped on 10/15 using egg saver free shipping, I got a tracking number and received my package on 10/22.

[quote name='elvis731']I'll have to go back and look, but I didn't see an expiration date on the DLC for the 360. Maybe I missed it though....[/QUOTE]

Can you or anyone with the 360 version of the CE confirm if there is an expiration date on this DLC and when it is? This will determine my next course of action. It's been 2 weeks and I got nothing, and this replacement phase business can take 7-10 business days which is farked up.

i got mine last week and the steel book case was severely damaged. had a replacement set up which just arrived today and this one was even worse. i think im just going to ask for my money back if they just gonna keep sending me damaged shit...sorry to hear most of you havent even got yours yet though. hopefully when it does arrive, its not in bad shape like mine.

kinda surprised so many of you have been having problems. I got my copy within a few days of ordering. Came in without any noticeable damage to the box/case. Haven't yet popped the disc in to test though.

[quote name='41down']i got mine last week and the steel book case was severely damaged. had a replacement set up which just arrived today and this one was even worse. i think im just going to ask for my money back if they just gonna keep sending me damaged shit...sorry to hear most of you havent even got yours yet though. hopefully when it does arrive, its not in bad shape like mine.[/QUOTE]
How did they send it? They shipped my Dead Rising 2 CE in a sturdy box with peanut fillings and it arrived in perfect shape.

[quote name='eau']How did they send it? They shipped my Dead Rising 2 CE in a sturdy box with peanut fillings and it arrived in perfect shape.[/QUOTE]

boxes. so it looks like they were actually shipped damaged

edit: just called and had another replacement set up. the women assured me the item would be looked over to ensure im not sent another damaged one...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chubbyninja1319']CS hasn't responded to my email and now I'm starting to get ticked. I just want my money back now.[/QUOTE]

so call

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']CS hasn't responded to my email and now I'm starting to get ticked. I just want my money back now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='41down']so call[/QUOTE]

Or use the chat tool, that's what i did.

First time I'm having issues with an order from newegg. Just filed a claim through email, couldn't get patched through live CS chat, and hoping that something will get done. If I don't get an answer by tomorrow gonna try calling instead. This is really quite a headache that I never expected to happen from newegg on such a large scale.

[quote name='itzd4n']First time I'm having issues with an order from newegg. Just filed a claim through email, couldn't get patched through live CS chat, and hoping that something will get done. If I don't get an answer by tomorrow gonna try calling instead. This is really quite a headache that I never expected to happen from newegg on such a large scale.[/QUOTE]

Also my first time having an issue in all my experiences with newegg. I called tonight, and was told that these particular games were shipped from a different warehouse than their usual one. They're supposed to email me tomorrow about a replacement claim, so hopefully this gets resolved soon.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Or use the chat tool, that's what i did.[/QUOTE]

I'm going ti call today but its pretty sad that CS doesn't respond via email.

[quote name='cheapgamerone']Can you or anyone with the 360 version of the CE confirm if there is an expiration date on this DLC and when it is? This will determine my next course of action. It's been 2 weeks and I got nothing, and this replacement phase business can take 7-10 business days which is farked up.[/QUOTE]

I'll take another look, but won't be able to get to it until I get home from work.

Wow, seems like we are all dealing with this issue. This is my first NewEgg order and will surely be my last. I talked to them yesterday and they said they would have a response for me by today. Then I call back today because I had no update on the issue, and the guy told me that I was misinformed, it will take 4 business days for a response. Guess I can kiss the downloadables goodbye. Thanks NewEgg!

[quote name='cireone']Wow, seems like we are all dealing with this issue. This is my first NewEgg order and will surely be my last. I talked to them yesterday and they said they would have a response for me by today. Then I call back today because I had no update on the issue, and the guy told me that I was misinformed, it will take 4 business days for a response. Guess I can kiss the downloadables goodbye. Thanks NewEgg![/QUOTE]

MERSH

Gamefly had the regular version $12.99 yesterday.

Well if someone gets theirs before me, can you see if the dlc code still works (after expiration)? If it doesn't, I'll probably just resell mine and grab a cheaper copy some other time.

It's odd that people are having issues with the heavily discounted CE version of this game, because when I bought it from Amazon, also at a heavily discounted price, I believe it was 23 bucks, I had issues as well. The first one I received had major scuffs on it. I returned and exchanged it and the second one was much better, but had what looked like a few tiny drops of moisture which had dried on the disc. I can't help but wonder now if LucasArts just dumped a buch of less than perfect copies of the game on retailers for them to sell it at a discount.

I know someone said they were gonna look at the code page to see if it had an expiration date or not, but has anyone had a chance to check yet? I have mine sealed, cause I want to give it to my brother as a present later in november, but I'll give him an opened one if the codes need to be redeemed...

[quote name='AgentW']I know someone said they were gonna look at the code page to see if it had an expiration date or not, but has anyone had a chance to check yet? I have mine sealed, cause I want to give it to my brother as a present later in november, but I'll give him an opened one if the codes need to be redeemed...[/QUOTE]

once i heard it expired on halloween, i made sure to grab the dlc slip out of the damaged copy i received and redeemed it before i sent it back. but now that im looking at the actual slip of paper carefully, i see no expiration date anywhere on here...

[quote name='41down']once i heard it expired on halloween, i made sure to grab the dlc slip out of the damaged copy i received and redeemed it before i sent it back. but now that im looking at the actual slip of paper carefully, i see no expiration date anywhere on here...[/QUOTE]
Maybe yours is the Xbox 360 version?

Micro$oft vouchers do not normally expire, while Sony ones do. It's stupid that CE/LE/SE for the PS3 clearly advertise digital contents and whatever on the box for a higher price but yet you can get shafted by buying them late because the digital voucher would have expired.

The SWTFU CE PS3 voucher expires on 10/31/11 stated on the voucher. The Xbox 360 voucher doesn't seem to indicate an expiration date. I gathered this info from the internet, not my first hand info, so take it with a grain of salt.

Xbox codes, paid ones, never expire no matter what they say on them.

There's SWFU2 DLC for 80 MS Points, an Endor map. I recommend it.

to be fair, i dont think the expiration dates on psn vouchers really mean anything. I just redeemed something for god of war that was several months beyond expiration, and it still accepted. Maybe YMMV between items, but in my personal expierence its not something i would worry too much about.

I bought this CE several months ago from amazon (PS3)

my paper says a 10/31/11 expiration date

just tried to redeem the code right now (about 7:50pm pacific time)

"The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid.

Please check your entries."

wtf is this shit

[quote name='garrett007']Still nothing on my replacement[/QUOTE]

Check your order again. After the old tracking #, there should be another one. Mine was sent NEXT DAY AIR. It arrived in my city tonight, so I'll (hopefully) get it tomorrow, just in time.

[quote name='drawingboard']Check your order again. After the old tracking #, there should be another one. Mine was sent NEXT DAY AIR. It arrived in my city tonight, so I'll (hopefully) get it tomorrow, just in time.[/QUOTE]

It said my order completed? The hell it didn't. What the fuck

[quote name='garrett007']It said my order completed? The hell it didn't. What the fuck[/QUOTE]

Mine doesn't say that, it says "In Transit" (under the new tracking number). You did contact them and ask for a replacement, correct?
On the bright side, mine's out for delivery today.

edit. Mine just came in. It was in a bubble envelope, but the plastic casing was cracked and dented. The cardboard that holds the USB drive was smashed in as well. The guy just dropped it at the door (even thought there's 2 cars in the driveway), so I couldn't refuse it or anything.
I have 360 version, and I saw no mention of an expiration date. I entered the dlc code and it worked just fine.

[quote name='drawingboard']Mine doesn't say that, it says "In Transit" (under the new tracking number). You did contact them and ask for a replacement, correct?

edit. Mine just came in. It was in a bubble envelope, but the plastic casing was cracked and dented. The cardboard that holds the USB drive was smashed in as well. The guy just dropped it at the door (even thought there's 2 cars in the driveway), so I couldn't refuse it or anything.
I have 360 version, and I saw no mention of an expiration date. I entered the dlc code and it worked just fine.[/QUOTE]

I did chat with them and a replacement order was made but nothing happened after. This is pissing me off

Wow. All the stores in my area had it available for pickup last night and now they all say ship to store. My order is unavailable for pickup as well despite having been confirmed as available last night. I had ordered right after ssjmichael had posted about it.

Guess I'm never going to get this CE. If the DLC is expired I have no reason to pick it up if/when it arrives. Very mad right now...

major scare for me with customer service on the phone

they said my claim had been canceled because the customer called to say the product was received :bomb:

then the guy realized he was looking at the wrong claim :cold:

[quote name='drawingboard']Mine doesn't say that, it says "In Transit" (under the new tracking number). You did contact them and ask for a replacement, correct?

I have 360 version, and I saw no mention of an expiration date. I entered the dlc code and it worked just fine.[/QUOTE]
How did you get your issue fixed so fast? I'm still waiting on my claim to be approved.

[quote name='garrett007']How did you get your issue fixed so fast? I'm still waiting on my claim to be approved.[/QUOTE]
Same, still waiting here also

[quote name='garrett007']How did you get your issue fixed so fast? I'm still waiting on my claim to be approved.[/QUOTE]

Not sure. I posted in here right after I chatted with them, so that's when I did it. The guy I chatted with didn't even ask me what I was wearing :p

i wasn't smart enough to come here to see fellow cag'ers having the same problem.
i ordered on 10/14, my credit card was charged 10/16. Emailed them on 10/24 and after no response, i started a web chat on 10/28 with this humorous reply
http://www.twitpic.com/775brp

I'd say it's lame that their response is that after 2 weeks of no delivery to wait 10 business days for them to process my claim, followed by another 7 business days to reship.

I still haven't received mine. I chatted with cs and started a claim. I played through this once and imho its a pretty awesome game. I enjoyed it more than the first one.

I ordered the PS3 editiona and it came pretty fast. I'm surprised that so many CAG members are having problems. I hope you guys get something for your troubles!

bread's done
Back