Fox News EXPOSES the FULL FRONTAL NUDITY and GRAPHIC SEX in Mass Effect!

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Pwnt, she should be forced to play through the entire game.

Everyone on FOX should. That would be awesome. You'd see them having discussions like, "What sort of engineering should I spec in!?" or "what was your starting class?!"

Oh, and to add. I purchased Mass Effect yesterday. All this talk made me wana get it! Hehe.[/quote]

I have yet to get it (since I've been so busy), but it's been one of the games from the end of last year that I haven't gotten and has been on my list for sometime. I might just put it on the backburner now and grab it either this week or next.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Has anyone seen the Xplay bit with Adam Sandler? It's by far the best thing Adam Sessler has ever done for Xplay (and probably for Extended Play too)
Sorry if this is a repost. I searched the forum and didn't see anything. He hits every point possible, ending with a great ownage of Cooper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBTh1xy5XAI[/quote]

Sandler?

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBTh1xy5XAI[/MEDIA]

Good lord, I finally got to this point in the game and it was definitely much ado about nothing. I hadn't watched the Fox segment or any ME vids (to avoid spoilers) and it was even less than I expected. It also came up kind of unexpectedly, and my 5 year-old was watching me play at the time. So I turned down the sound and had him sit in a chair looking the other way for the duration but I was kind of watching it from the side of the TV (to make sure he didn't peek since obviously he was curious) so I couldn't see or hear it very well :lol:.

[quote name='mrelusive']If only...

EDIT: This just makes Cooper Lawrence look even more pathetic: http://kotaku.com/349423/jack-thompson-defends-mass-effect

Even the great JT knows when one should shut their mouth about something when they don't have all their facts straighten-out.[/quote]

That was hilarious! Thanks for posting.

This story is blowing up on the internets. Ars Technica wrote a pretty good piece on it, and the reason for the apology, here:
http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2008/01/28/cooper-lawrence-apologizes-for-mass-effect-attack

I'm really glad Geoff Keighley is out there, he's a really good videogame spokesperson.

When you're ripping on video games and even Jack Freakin' Thompson won't back you up, it's time to pack it in and go home.

Which critics say it should be AO?

I've never felt closer to Geoff now than I ever have. He just earned some respect for not agreeing with the media.

[quote name='linkpwns']Which critics say it should be AO?[/quote]I've heard none, other than someone in that FOX panel after the "debate" wondering why it wasn't rated AO.

I hope Mass Effect 2 sneaks in a Hot Coffee or two just to piss off the pundits. Or that a PC port comes soon. Modders are going to have a field day.

[quote name='linkpwns']Which critics say it should be AO?[/quote]None of the critics said it should be AO. I believe one of the panel members was saying based on what the critics were saying about the content (meaning critics said 1. there was sex in the game. 2. there was nudity in the game. 3. there was user choice in the interactivity of the sex [only true in the sense that you 'choose' the partner and your hero gender]) that it should classify as AO.

Basically she was saying that based on what the critics say it should be AO. Which only makes sense if you don't actually read what the critics were saying. 1. there is sex but it's only one scene and it's not random 2. nudity was more a technical merit rather than what most people would deam nudity. 3. she heard there was chocie and inferred that the user could control every aspect of the sex.

i found this very funny and sort of related to this subject :)

from kotaku

2008-02-08-108.jpg

more pictures on their blog. check out the Wiin Mote, LOL!

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/21/keighley-takes-on-fox-news-sexbox-sexpose/

in a more serious news, check out what Level Up has to say about this whole thing

We asked Muzyka about this during the last night's D.I.C.E. Summit cocktail party. He told us that he wanted to first let the community respond to the erroneous statements made by Lawrence and other Fox News panelists (which he colorfully likened to having a complete stranger hold a gun to the head of one's newborn baby) and that he'd been heartened by the support that BioWare had received. As for why he and his colleagues didn't take the lead on the rebuttal, Muzyka not only cited the quote he'd given the New York Times, but added that there were different ways to respond to incidents such as these, and that his focus would be to continue to loudly proclaim at every opportunity that videogames are an art form deserving of serious respect.

[quote name='equax']I wonder what Cooper Lawrence would of thought if she saw the man of her dreams in Mass Effect....[/quote]
She would marry him, get a divorce, and keep the ring he gave her.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']She would marry him, get a divorce, and keep the ring he gave her.[/quote]

And still have time to go shopping for shoes!

bread's done
Back