Free 1600 XBox Marketplace Points

[quote name='RudyPants']They just sent me this email ...

Sometimes gmail blocks our emails from getting to people because we get
detected as spam due to the use of the words "promo" and "free". I
looked into the status for your promo signup and we did receive
confirmation that you signed up for true.com. As soon as our next
shipment comes in from our distributer, we'll be mailing it out to you.

Cheers,
~The Xbox360Achiever.com Support Team

So apparently they need a new shipment. Maybe that's why it taking so long for people (myself included) to get their points.[/quote]

Oh good, maybe there's a chance I'll still get my points then. I signed up a couple weeks ago but never received a confirmation email from xboxachiever, however, I used a gmail account as well.

I signed up on the 7th of oct. They sent me a confirmation and said it would be mailed out within 7 - 14 business days. so I think it should be shipping soon.
Later
Dillon

[quote name='Tyvan']I tried this last week. Cancelled on the last day. Never got email from them. It was worth a shot I guess.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I never got jack out of this either. Apparently true never told them I signed up, and lucky me, I deleted the sign up confirmation email from true and therefore lost any proof I had of completing the deal. :bomb:

[quote name='lilboo']Ok.. people who have are using a debit card--do they deduct the $50 as an authorization.. or not until the 7 days trial is up? I know sometimes they will charge you for $50 (but put it as a "check card hold")..so, does this do that?[/QUOTE]

Could someone answer that for me, please?

I signed up last night and by the time I woke up I already had confirmation that they were shipping out my points. Cancelling True today.

[quote name='AtlusParker']I signed up last night and by the time I woke up I already had confirmation that they were shipping out my points. Cancelling True today.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']Same here.[/quote] Same with me to. I wont cancel untill maybe saturday. I rather give it untill at least friday just in case. Doesn't hurt being it's on a 7 day trial.

Just signed up. Left a posty for myself to cancel by Tuesday with thwe phone number. I'm so forgetfull....

Not sure what I'll buy with the points. Thinking Gauntlet and maybe whatever hits next week.

If it all works out I'll have my gf sign up and get me some more :)

Sweet. I also finally received shipping confirmation today. It was pretty easy and hassle free.. thanks OP! :)

I think I'll wait until I actually receive my card before I cancel, though. I have the time, since they extended my trial membership until Nov. 1st.

[quote name='lilboo']Ok.. people who have are using a debit card--do they deduct the $50 as an authorization.. or not until the 7 days trial is up? I know sometimes they will charge you for $50 (but put it as a "check card hold")..so, does this do that?[/QUOTE]

Nothing has been charged to my credit card, so I don't see why a debit card would be any different.

[quote name='dastly75']Yes, I got email confirmation after one day that I've been verified for the promotion from then which I cancelled the True subscription. If you lie about your birthdate, make sure you remember what your fake birthdate is as they have you recite it when you cancel.[/QUOTE]

Great so they do no age verification so the site is full of jail bait. nice....gotta love these sites. Why would anyone pay for a site such as this?

Mine just shipped according to xboxachiever.com

I signed up two weeks ago, cancelled 2 days after I got the email saying I was getting the points and they just emailed me to let me know that I'll be getting the points in a few days!:bouncy:

[quote name='allout1986']Mine just shipped according to xboxachiever.com

I signed up two weeks ago, cancelled 2 days after I got the email saying I was getting the points and they just emailed me to let me know that I'll be getting the points in a few days!:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

So did I. I signed up two weeks ago and just last night got my confirmation of shipping.

It sounds very much to me like they went a week or so there without any point cards to ship, but they have them now.

Just canceled. Painfully easy. The operator offered me a free month once and when I said no, he moved on and canceled it for me. I almost felt like supporting them for not outsourcing and having helpful customer service!

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']Just canceled. Painfully easy. The operator offered me a free month once and when I said no, he moved on and canceled it for me. I almost felt like supporting them for not outsourcing and having helpful customer service![/QUOTE]

i feel the same. the rep i spoke to was really cool. makes me think of the DHL commercial, "what the world needs now, is love, sweet love..."

[quote name='Indiana']Great so they do no age verification so the site is full of jail bait. nice....gotta love these sites. Why would anyone pay for a site such as this?[/quote]
For the jail bait... duh. :bouncy:

I got my shipping notice today as well. Rather odd as I signed up the 31st and got my 'Will Be Shipped' email just about a day later.

Signed up yesterday, got my shipping confirmation today ;). Thanks OP!

My wife tried it too, hopefully she gets it as well!

[quote name='nathansu']Signed up yesterday, got my shipping confirmation today ;). Thanks OP!

My wife tried it too, hopefully she gets it as well![/QUOTE]

Hehe, you do realize it's actually illegal to sign up if you are married?

I've talked to people that when they canceled, the CS rep actually pulls up relatives with the same last name and asks who they are, trying to find out if you are married so they can get you in trouble.

Might be a myth, but i've heard it from more than one source.

I signed up for this the first week (a month ago now) this was posted here, and got my shipping Email 2 days ago.

P.S. Congrats GAF dudes on winning the free copy of DAH2 contest. The first post quoted over there from CAG was mine. I guess I owned myself by aligning with IGN. fuck IGN!!!!
EDIT: LOL

[quote name='thrustbucket']Hehe, you do realize it's actually illegal to sign up if you are married? [/quote]

Illegal? Or against their terms of service?

I highly doubt it is illegal in most states. But I could be wrong.

Okay guys/gals I signed up last week Tuesday, got e-mails, cancled on Friday. Today I get an e-mail from true.com showing me the new members, I just want to make sure that I'm not going to see a charge on my credit card. Should I call true again?

[quote name='MC Hampster']Illegal? Or against their terms of service?

I highly doubt it is illegal in most states. But I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

I'm too lazy to look up the details. It may go state by state. But True has all types of filters to try and prevent married people on there, and they make it sound pretty serious if you lie.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Hehe, you do realize it's actually illegal to sign up if you are married?
[/quote]

Who are you, the department of homeland insecurity? Illegal? Please look the definition up before coughing up such crap.

[quote name='nathansu']Who are you, the department of homeland insecurity? Illegal? Please look the definition up before coughing up such crap.[/quote]

QFT:applause:

[quote name='nathansu']Who are you, the department of homeland insecurity? Illegal? Please look the definition up before coughing up such crap.[/QUOTE]

Calm down bro. He misworded it. I'm pretty sure he meant against there TOS.

Hello ,

Your Xbox 360 Marketplace Points Card has been shipped Today, you can
expect to recieve it in the mail in just a few days.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email.

Cheers,
~The Xbox360Achiever.com Support Team
Got this today.
Once my card is in hand I'll let you all know.

[quote name='nathansu']Who are you, the department of homeland insecurity? Illegal? Please look the definition up before coughing up such crap.[/QUOTE]

Violating TOS agreements is illegal, why don't you look that up?

I couldn't give two shits if he intentionally break their TOS, CheappyD might though. I was merely having a laugh that he'd jump on a forum and tell everyone he did.

Take a prozac.

[quote name='mattheus'] QFT[/quote]
You too.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Violating TOS agreements is illegal, why don't you look that up?[/quote]

while violatiing a TOS agreement can be illegal, depending on the circumstances, most state that their company will merely pursue legal action at their discretion, and that violating their terms of service doesn't necessarily break any law. it's really a case-by-case sort of thing, for the most part.

just because a company can take legal action against, doesn't make violating their TOS agreement illegal. They aren't LAWS, now if you are defrauding the company for your own profit with a value over $50 dollars(in most states) that's a misdemeanor, since the card is worth $20 bucks, it's a petty crime, which the Police or local authorities do not pursue even if the company really wanted to.

TOS agreements aren't laws, so therefore violating them isn't illegal, you can do illegal things that happen to also violate TOS agreements, but they are two totally separate entities.

and I hate deals like this. I can never cancel this stuff, I usually don't like giving account numbers out if I can avoid it and it seems I'd have to spread my information out everywhere to save, what? $20 bucks? Good for those who are willing, but not my cup of tea!

[quote name='thrustbucket']Violating TOS agreements is illegal, why don't you look that up?
[/quote]
I've never once heard of someone getting booked for violating TOS agreements in any capacity. What crime, do tell, will you charge me with Mr. Rumsfeld?

My wife got the confirmation too, yay!

When I signed up, it went to a page with the names of two of my relatives and I had to check how I'm related to them. It said this was done to make sure married people do not join, and there was a big warning at the bottom of the page stating that if I clicked continue, I'm telling the truth in that I'm not married, and if I am lying I could possibly be breaking a criminal law depending on which state I live in.

I don't know how much of that is true, but according to True.com, it could indeed be illegal to say that you are not married when you in fact are.

[quote name='Corvin']who are they to say married people can't be looking for somebody new anyway?[/QUOTE]

They don't. Some states do.

My entire point has been that in SOME states, it is illegal to claim anywhere that you are single. I guess it's considered a form of infidelity.

I heard in some states it's technically considered infidelity if you are dating before the divorce is final, and can sometimes lead to legal action (usually in the form of getting a shittier deal in the divorce).

No, I don't think anyone gets arrested for this sort of thing any more than Jaywalking. But it can be a crime.

That being said, I don't think anyone really cares, even True, if you are a liar.

[quote name='thrustbucket']

My entire point has been that in SOME states, it is illegal to claim anywhere that you are single. I guess it's considered a form of infidelity.

I heard in some states it's technically considered infidelity if you are dating before the divorce is final, and can sometimes lead to legal action (usually in the form of getting a shittier deal in the divorce).

No, I don't think anyone gets arrested for this sort of thing any more than Jaywalking. But it can be a crime.
[/quote]

Please, (1) point me to what state holds (legally) that stating you are single in public is infidelity and (2) point me to similar laws that couple random websites' TOS agreements with law that can put me behind bars if I violate them.

I "hear" lots of things every day. This does not automatically bind them to fact.

[quote name='Downhome']I don't know how much of that is true, but according to True.com, it could indeed be illegal to say that you are not married when you in fact are.[/quote]

Yes and according to George Bush Americans are "God's People", whatever the fuck that means.

[quote name='nathansu']Please, (1) point me to what state holds (legally) that stating you are single in public is infidelity and (2) point me to similar laws that couple random websites' TOS agreements with law that can put me behind bars if I violate them.

I "hear" lots of things every day. This does not automatically bind them to fact.[/QUOTE]

1) I never said that stating in public alone would be illegal. Filling out forms saying you are makes you a liar, and the degree of lie can be damaging to you in court.

2) Ok there may not be any TOS that will get you arrested if violated. So?

[quote name='thrustbucket']1) Ok there may not be any TOS that will get you arrested if violated. So?[/quote]

So, don't make such absurd claims.

Well, I just called to cancel my account, and it only took a little over three minutes. The guy said that as "a secret offer to its 10 million customers, you get a free month," but I was just like "Can I just cancel it now?" No hassle whatsoever. Hopefully the cancellation actually works, and it wasn't just like "You're cancelled now...not." That's what RealRhapsody did to me, and it fucking pissed me off.

bread's done
Back