Free 1600 XBox Marketplace Points

[quote name='Quintessence']I made sure that when I cancelled my account that I unchecked receiving messages which was located somewhere in my profile. I am unsure if it made a difference or not. Perhaps yours will stop soon.[/quote]

which is why you should use a spam email account ;)

[quote name='omgu8myrice']which is why you should use a spam email account ;)[/quote]

I used a semi-spam account. It is one that I check often and I use for spam that will not totally overwhelm it (so I can actually find the links I need to click to confirm this and that). I have many addresses simply for the mass spamming things. I use those for all the things I do on the sites in my signature.

I just got an e-mail from them on Tuesday, and apparently they are expanding their website in quite a large way. However, they are e-mailing people specific accounts, so I don't know how to help anyone get in.
This is what a part of the e-mail said
"You are invited to a pre-release of the new area of our website where you can
get more free Marketplace Point cards! You are receiving this invite because we have previously sent you one before, this is not available to the public yet. "

Be on the lookout for it if you have used XBOX360Achiever before!
and btw, the True website is one that gave me problems. I called and cancelled, and then, when i got my CC bill, it turns out they billed me anyway. I then had to call back in, and I talked to another lady, and then after talking to her, found out my account had not been cancelled, but they then cancelled it for me again
Anyone calling in to cancel, get a confirmation number, and make sure that they cancel your entire account!!

I signed up last Thursday and got the email on Saturday saying Id get the MS Points card in 10-14 days.....will cancel the true.com on Wednesday and hope the card comes.

Do they tag your credit card to keep track of if you've used it for this promotion....cuz my wife is also an authorized user on the card and was thinking she could try registering and get the card. And hten if it work use our other card to get 2 more cards......here's hoping!!!!

i could not get it to work the second time with a slightly modified address and a new email. Just firgured i'd update people on that.

if you try to resign up for the true account, you will have to use a different e-mail address, i know that for sure. i need to set up a spam account so i can try it again. i'll just use other fake info if it's possible :)

I signed up for the True promo less then 2 weeks ago (2nd time doing it) created a profile by uploading pics and such. I got the email from the site giving me my code for the points around 10 days after I first signed up.

So, I guess for me at least it was a 10 day turnaround. I'll try again real soon and again, and again

Not sure if anyone else got this...

"
NOTE: We are now featuring online shipping of the Marketplace Point
Card
subscription codes. The above address is what we will use if you choose
not to accept your card online. The next email you receive from us will"

Hopefully I don't miss that email.
give you the option along with the link to get your card online.

[quote name='Worseley']I signed up for the True promo less then 2 weeks ago (2nd time doing it) created a profile by uploading pics and such. I got the email from the site giving me my code for the points around 10 days after I first signed up.

So, I guess for me at least it was a 10 day turnaround. I'll try again real soon and again, and again[/QUOTE]

did you use the same credit card and adress info?

I just got an email saying my card will be shipped out soon. This is my second time on the true.com deal. I used the same exact shipping address, but different credit card and email. We'll see if it actually comes.

[quote name='cdietschrun']Not sure if anyone else got this...

"
NOTE: We are now featuring online shipping of the Marketplace Point
Card
subscription codes. The above address is what we will use if you choose
not to accept your card online. The next email you receive from us will"

Hopefully I don't miss that email.
give you the option along with the link to get your card online.[/QUOTE

I just noticed that in the email I just got. I hope I can do that instead of having to wait to have the card mailed to me.

[quote name='keefurxxcore']i need a credit card number... i know no one will give me thiers duh but how do i ask my mom for her card?? :p[/QUOTE]
You can also use something like a Visa gift card or the like. Its better this way anyway, because if you only have a few dollars on the card they can't charge you if you forget to cancel.

[quote name='Wario64']did you use the same credit card and adress info?[/quote]
Exact same credit card, i changed my address a little by adding the letter 'a' onto my house number (EX 103 main street ==> 103a main street).

So i guess I'll go through the alphabet :lol:

I worked at UPS for a year, so adding a letter won't effect delivery of an item if mailed, but it will show up differently in software used for shipments (like what UPS uses).

I also think that actually using the True account helps too, because I think I got the delivery letter only 2 days after signing up (still took 10 days for the emailed code) but I actually put a profile on there with my pic and got over 25 emails, 40 winks from girls (YMMV). I've been seeing one of them for a few weeks now and she's great. She asked me to take her to a Gaming LAN this weekend to see what it was like. She's not a gamer at all but she was definitely making alot of guys take a double-take while we were there. She had alot of fun watching me play Gears of War with my friends but she's definitely more of a get-dressed-up kind of girl.

She's already having fun with the idea of making FAKE profiles on TRUE and doing pranks.

FYI: www.true.com has a major flaw where you can send emails through other peoples accounts by just changing the ID number in the URL, so if you get bored i guess you could always change ur ID number a little and send some really strange emails to guys/girls from other peoples profile. My new girl found this out after she sent a email to another girl who winked at me through my profile by a copy/paste of the girls profile page. 1 email from my GF and this other girl sent me 8 emails and 2 videos over 2 days... Stalker CHICK!!!!

I just did the cancel process via the site...nothing seems canceled, and I can still log into the members area.

Anybody else having this problem?

as long as you have a confirmation number i think you should be safe. i know some websites let you log on to the account as long as the trial and subscription remains, but as soon as that date reaches the account is no longer accessible.
but you just canceled the subscription/auto renewal i think.

Got my code via email and popped it in on xbox.com and BOOM!!!! 1600 points for very little hassle. The only thing to beware of is cancelling. I did it via phone (forgot to get cancel code) and hours later I could still log into the site so I cancelled via the website too and then I couldnt get in.

Well worth the minimal effort. Think Ill have the wife sign up with the other credit card and get me some more points.

Cheers all!!!

I signed up for True.com over 3 weeks ago, canceled within a week, and still haven't heard a single thing about my Marketplace point card. I emailed xboxachiever last week and haven't heard anything from them either. *sigh*

This fucking true Web site is bullshitting the hell out of me now. I forgot to cancel yesterday, which was the day before my billings. I canceled that night a couple hours after midnight on the Web Site. Later on in the day I noticed that I was charged 49.99 >=O. I called and and then was told I would be called back by someone because he was having some problem with their system. I called back myself because I never received the call.

Some asshole tells me that it was not even possible to cancel your account online; you would have to cancel via phone. That is utter lies, because I just canceled earlier that day. I told him I had a confirmation number and he said I would have to fax that to their billing office. Now I have to find a way to fax something. This is the last fucking time I sign up for any service to get some free gift.

Does anyone have any advice is after I fax in the number and they still give me the run around?

Edit: I forgot to mention more shit from this place. My roommate had his girlfriend sign up to true to get points for him. Somehow she had a free lifetime account. She had no idea. When she called to cancel the guy told her. This place is weird, but they aren't getting my money.

I did this over a month ago and I never recieved my card in teh mail though they said it shipped...I hope it wasnt stolen

[quote name='Gamehead']This fucking true Web site is bullshitting the hell out of me now. I forgot to cancel yesterday, which was the day before my billings. I canceled that night a couple hours after midnight on the Web Site. Later on in the day I noticed that I was charged 49.99 >=O. I called and and then was told I would be called back by someone because he was having some problem with their system. I called back myself because I never received the call.

Some asshole tells me that it was not even possible to cancel your account online; you would have to cancel via phone. That is utter lies, because I just canceled earlier that day. I told him I had a confirmation number and he said I would have to fax that to their billing office. Now I have to find a way to fax something. This is the last fucking time I sign up for any service to get some free gift.

Does anyone have any advice is after I fax in the number and they still give me the run around?

Edit: I forgot to mention more shit from this place. My roommate had his girlfriend sign up to true to get points for him. Somehow she had a free lifetime account. She had no idea. When she called to cancel the guy told her. This place is weird, but they aren't getting my money.[/quote]

when i did this a couple months ago i had to cancel by phone. as far as i know you cant cancel online.

Got my points on the 15th and they gave me the wrong code. Emailed them and they replied the next day. Got the code online and got my 1600 points. 2nd time I did this and I am happy.

You have to call to cancel, takes like 5 mins. They will try to offer you a free month. I just said no and that was that, account canceled.

How long does it take for them to send the follow up e-mail allowing you to rdeem it online? I got the confirmation that they got credit from my true subscription, which also says the next e-mail I get from them will give me the option to get the code online, but I still haven't gotten the e-mail since then (about 10 days ago)

[quote name='nativetongue88']when i did this a couple months ago i had to cancel by phone. as far as i know you cant cancel online.[/QUOTE]

You can cancel online. I did it that way and havent been charged. They also give you a confirmation number when you do it.

[quote name='pthagonal']You can cancel online. I did it that way and havent been charged. They also give you a confirmation number when you do it.[/QUOTE]

Well as of some time yesterday they took the cancel online option off the Web site. It pisses me off how the guy acted like I was lying when I told him I canceled online.

IS there a new deal up or seomthign? I did this in like december!

Got a couple of cards from gaminglagoon aswell, but im out of offers, and need referrals lol.

If you cancel online or the phone do it WITHIN the 7 days from when you signed up. Don't do it on the billing date (the one they give you) which is 8-9 days after.

I signed up on 4/12 and my billing date was 4/20. I canceled online on 4/17 through the "my account" page. There should be 2 other canceling options besides the True subscription, I did those 2 first to be safe (says something like "cancel web cam service" and junk). I called today to be sure, since I'm still able to log in and she said that i won't be billed for anything since i already canceled my account online. So I'm guessing you can log in until the full 7 days are up.

[quote name='Gamehead']Well as of some time yesterday they took the cancel online option off the Web site. It pisses me off how the guy acted like I was lying when I told him I canceled online.[/QUOTE]

Ah, i had no idea. Its been over a week since I cancelled online. Thats a major bummer, but im not surprised at CS acting like such asses.

[quote name='Tommymoe']Well worth the minimal effort. Think Ill have the wife sign up with the other credit card and get me some more points.[/quote]

LOL!! I like how when you go to visit True.com you'll see a message in bold blue text stating, "MARRIED PEOPLE AND CONVICTED CRIMINALS WILL BE PROSECUTED"

Thanks for the Op, I'll give it a go.

I signed up for this deal and I thought I'd have a little fun with this thread and post the pictures from True of some of good stuff around my area (that last hotty is no joke).

I got the achiever email on the 11th and got my card redemption code email today. Not bad. Free overpriced Guitar Hero II downloads for me! Cancelling online did work for me (I started on the 9th and cancelled on the 13th)

Good find!

I just got my fifth code online (that's 100 bones!) and signed up for another one. Looks like all you have to do is change your address, if that. Anyway, still active as of today.

[quote name='tempwoh']I just got my fifth code online (that's 100 bones!) and signed up for another one. Looks like all you have to do is change your address, if that. Anyway, still active as of today.[/QUOTE]

Is that what it is? I got a couple of codes from them and then all of a sudden, they stopped. I tried a couple of time from different email addys, but nothing. I would get a thank you email for trying the promotion, but no emails letting me know they got confirmation I did the trial. In fact, the last one I did, I got the confirm email, but no follow-up email letting me know I can get the points online. That was back on the 21st. I've never had them go so long in between. I've been using the same physical address, but different names and email addys. I guess I'll try again with a different physical addy. Anyone else have something like this happen?

Is it possible for True to let them know if the same person signs up multiple times?

they didn't email me back for the online thing, but i emailed them to ask them to do that and they got me the code in 2 days after i sent it. so try doing that.

[quote name='Nyquil']they didn't email me back for the online thing, but i emailed them to ask them to do that and they got me the code in 2 days after i sent it. so try doing that.[/QUOTE]

I sent them an email Monday saying I haven't recieved the second email and that I would rather them send it to me online rather than mail it. Haven't heard anything back yet.

[quote name='cycophuk']Is that what it is? I got a couple of codes from them and then all of a sudden, they stopped. I tried a couple of time from different email addys, but nothing. I would get a thank you email for trying the promotion, but no emails letting me know they got confirmation I did the trial. In fact, the last one I did, I got the confirm email, but no follow-up email letting me know I can get the points online. That was back on the 21st. I've never had them go so long in between. I've been using the same physical address, but different names and email addys. I guess I'll try again with a different physical addy. Anyone else have something like this happen?

Is it possible for True to let them know if the same person signs up multiple times?[/QUOTE]
I don't want to sound too sure or anything, but I'm pretty sure. I change e-mail addresses too, along with slightly changing my address ("Street" instead of "St.") and I just got confirmed for my sixth card yesterday. I don't know if it's necessary to change both or anything, but making a new Hotmail account takes no time, so why not.

I've signed up for XBox Achiever and the true.com free trials one-at-a-time too, just because it's worked up to this point and I'm not looking to get noticed for getting so many cards - probably no reason to bother. After I get confirmation for the seventh card I'm going to just sign up for a huge lot of them and see how that works out.

edit: Oh yeah, and back in January I tried to sign up for the offer using the same address and e-mail address as I used before (if I remember right) and I never got a confirmation, so it seems like changing your address and/or e-mail address is what makes the difference, but again I don't want to sound like this is a sure thing.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']So it's back to phone cancellations? I'm sorry I missed the opportunity for an easier cancellation :([/QUOTE]
I canceled my subscription online yesterday.

[quote name='tempwoh']I canceled my subscription online yesterday.[/QUOTE]

When you sign up, I think, it specifically mentions that you must call to cancel your subscription to True. I think it is so that the customer rep has a chance to convince you to stay, they gave me a free month.

[quote name='tempwoh'] After I get confirmation for the seventh card I'm going to just sign up for a huge lot of them and see how that works out.
[/quote]

Greed like this is why these kinds of promotions go away.

[quote name='phreak5k']I just canceled mine online for the Wii Points card.[/QUOTE]

wait, there is a wii points card through true as well? *greedy eyes*

bread's done
Back