Free 5.99 movie credit for PSN Users

srac84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys just saw this, if you sign up at the link below and use the email linked to your PSN network account to receive PlayStation news updates, you will receive a free 5.99 voucher for use for movies on the PSN store on your ps3. Code will be emailed to your email within 72 hours and code never expires. Hurry limited quantities available. Links below:

http://us.playstation.com/psn/events/emailoffer.html?cmp=HM-EMAILOFFERVIDEOUL

Just copy and paste link I'm posting from cell phone and can't make link clickable.

[quote name='DangKid']If your account has been recently made (the last few months), you won't get the code. This is for the older accounts only.[/QUOTE]
Source? No reason it shouldn't work on accounts made before this promotion.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Source? No reason it shouldn't work on accounts made before this promotion.[/QUOTE]
this

I have had an account for over 3 years. I signed up for this over 3 days ago and still nothing. Will I get an email or will it just show up in my account? Thanks.

Never mind, I got the email but the subject looked like the weekly psn store update email. Thx OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I put the code into my PS3 Code entry.. I received a $5.99 PSN credit.

I can use it towards anything?

[quote name='JeriKu']When I put the code into my PS3 Code entry.. I received a $5.99 PSN credit.

I can use it towards anything?[/QUOTE]

Yes

[quote name='panzerfaust']Yes, anything.

Works on multiple accounts as well, provided they are pre-existing.[/QUOTE]
Is it just NA accounts or EU and Japan as well?

[quote name='Buuhan1']Source? No reason it shouldn't work on accounts made before this promotion.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if he's right, but I haven't received any vouchers on accounts I've made a few months ago, yet I received it for my main which was created years ago. I suppose someone would have to confirm if they've received any vouchers on accounts made in the past few months.

[quote name='pajamahead']I have had an account for over 3 years. I signed up for this over 3 days ago and still nothing. Will I get an email or will it just show up in my account? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You'll get an email.

[quote name='pajamahead']I have had an account for over 3 years. I signed up for this over 3 days ago and still nothing. Will I get an email or will it just show up in my account? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I've had mine since PS3 launch, and have not received anything either...

Signed up when this thread was posted.

I think the problem a lot of people are having is the receive emails from PS that is in account settings. Even if you check the opt in for this promotion, the other opt in seems to override it and not send any emails. Last year I missed a couple betas I signed up for because even though I said send me this particular email, I didn't have the box checked to get any emails, so I couldn't get those particular emails. I got my code for this promotion no problem, but my brother and nephew (who didn't have the opt in under account settings checked) haven't gotten anything.

[quote name='gossamer']I think the problem a lot of people are having is the receive emails from PS that is in account settings. Even if you check the opt in for this promotion, the other opt in seems to override it and not send any emails. Last year I missed a couple betas I signed up for because even though I said send me this particular email, I didn't have the box checked to get any emails, so I couldn't get those particular emails. I got my code for this promotion no problem, but my brother and nephew (who didn't have the opt in under account settings checked) haven't gotten anything.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's the problem, when I signed up for the free credit it didn't change the opt in option in my account settings, both settings weren't checked and I was opted out. I still got the credit for that account regardless.

[quote name='sunghost']I don't think that's the problem, when I signed up for the free credit it didn't change the opt in option in my account settings, both settings weren't checked and I was opted out. I still got the credit for that account regardless.[/QUOTE]

This ^^^ is how it went down for me too.

Signed up for it last night, will post back if i get an email. I'm worried i missed it because when you are opting in it says limited quantities of codes. Hopefully they still have some.

[quote name='otakuseth']Signed up for it last night, will post back if i get an email. I'm worried i missed it because when you are opting in it says limited quantities of codes. Hopefully they still have some.[/QUOTE]

It took me the better part of two days to get my code.

[quote name='needler420']can you take the codes from two different accounts and redeem them on 1 account? so that you get 11.99 on 1 account?[/QUOTE]
Yes, Ive done it with 4 accounts onto my main.

can someone here please give me one voucher for free as I don't have a US PSN account and would like to buy an SNK mini game or something.I have an Indian account that's useless.I even missed the 'welcome back' package as I was out of town at that time :( So if someone here with multiple accounts can provide me with one voucher i'd be really glad.Thanks in advance :)

[quote name='Tsel']You were out of town for a whole month?[/QUOTE]

That's definitely possible. Not unheard of.

Weird, still have only received it on 2 accounts. The 5 accounts i signed up with were all over a couple months old, even my main PSN account (Which i have had for 2+ years) hasnt gotten it yet

I never received a code and I've tried doing this twice. I've had a PS3 for several years now (40GB Spiderman 3 bundle model) so I know that isn't the issue.

been more than 100 hours since i signed up with my 2 extra accounts and no code..the accounts were created in 2010 also...oh well, atleast i got a code for my main account. :)

[quote name='DangKid']If your account has been recently made (the last few months), you won't get the code. This is for the older accounts only.[/QUOTE]

Wait a sec, is July recent? 'Cause if so, I'm gonna have to bust out my angry face!

[quote name='Wario64']it seems like psn accounts created sometime after may/arpil aren't eligible. anyone else get similar issues?[/QUOTE]

My accounts made before the PSN outage received the credit, but the ones made shortly after (May 2011) haven't.

[quote name='chewy12']i recieved 4 out of the 12 i did so far. your allowed 16 users on psn, each user should be entitled to a code is the way i see it[/QUOTE]
sure, if it's 16 different PEOPLE.

[quote name='Kakdum']From the terms:
"The approximate value of the Code is $5.99 USD. Code is not redeemable for cash, cannot be returned for cash, may not be used for any other purpose and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or damaged."

I'm just wondering when they say that, is it referring to the cash they give you or is it like referring to lets say iono... sticking the code into a toaster? Cuz if they mean the cash I'd say that'd be the only reason someone could possibly get banned from this.[/QUOTE]
talking about selling it?

[quote name='srac84']Wow, glad my post helped so many people out :).

Just a few qs. So what happens if you do add your multiple codes onto one account and then use it to quickly to buy whatever it is you want. Say they do ban that account, you still have the content on your ps3 harddrive. Will they only ban that 1 account that you stacked codes on, or will they ban all the accounts ever made on that ps3, eg.. will the main account you really do care about get banned as well even though u didn't stack codes on it. Anyone know?[/QUOTE]
that content won't be useable if the main account that downloaded them is banned. that's what a friend experienced with gameshares. the main account (no an subs) got banned, and he said it made the games that that account purchased unplayable. it seems others here may have had different experiences, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Buuhan1']What is with you and the number 13, you some emo or something?[/QUOTE]
why does 13 mean emo? you're scaring me, man. i have that in all my usernames (Dan Marino's jersey number).

also, are those of you that applied on EU & JP accounts getting the codes? it says it's for US only. if so, i was gonna tell my bud in the UK about it, but not wanting to waste his time. thanks.

[quote name='Antipodes']Check if you can log in to the PSN forums. I noticed one of my accounts that didn't get the promo (that is a few months old) needed to be email validated. Logging in normally would be fine, but it would ask me when I tried to do it from the forums page. Might be related.[/QUOTE]
good to know

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']There are plenty of instances of per-account services and redemption tickets on the PS3. Sony had precedent and tools at their disposal to implement this properly but yet they botched it. That's not the users' fault.[/QUOTE]
+

[quote name='sunghost']I don't think that's the problem, when I signed up for the free credit it didn't change the opt in option in my account settings, both settings weren't checked and I was opted out. I still got the credit for that account regardless.[/QUOTE]

Then I guess it is just Sony screwing up again. Wouldn't surprise me since companies don't seem to work out the bugs before promos go active(this, @gamer coupons stacking, BB's game tracker).

For anyone who signed up but still haven't got the code: did you have an old/established PSN account but you changed your email on the account recently (e.g. after the hacking stuff this year)?

I still haven't got an email and I'm thinking that might be the reason- maybe the system incorrectly assumes I'm a "new" PSN account because I recently changed my email attached to it...

[quote name='monash65']For anyone who signed up but still haven't got the code: did you have an old/established PSN account but you changed your email on the account recently (e.g. after the hacking stuff this year)?

I still haven't got an email and I'm thinking that might be the reason- maybe the system incorrectly assumes I'm a "new" PSN account because I recently changed my email attached to it...[/QUOTE]

I changed the email on one of my accounts right before signing it up and it sent it to the old email, yes.

[quote name='chelosera91']Havent gotten my code yet, anyone care to tell me what the subject of the email is? Maybe its in my junk folder...[/QUOTE]

"hostyl176, Here's Your Video Unlimited Movie Credit‏"

(no quotes of course, and I'm sure it will have your PSN ID not mine ;))

Been three days and still haven't received mine. The number of people that can't seem to get their ONE code make me pissed at the people abusing the system to get 2+. :bs:
This is why we can't have nice things.

you all need to remember they said or until supplies run out. i think they ran out which is why so many people arent getting one.

[quote name='lokizz']you all need to remember they said or until supplies run out. i think they ran out which is why so many people arent getting one.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, then they weren't giving these out on a first come, first served basis. Which is kinda stupid and rage inducing because those who decided not to exploit this had less of a chance to get one, since they were giving them out randomly.

Only got one PSN account, requested the code Friday, still haven't gotten it. Not really too upset either way, but $6 is $6. Would be nice to have for Corpse Party next week.

This was a very DUMB idea of them and they should prepare better for next time, if they try another stunt like this.

Nasty, greedy, inconsiderate, selfish FILTH are atrocious. This is helping to push me closer and closer to an Xbox, especially with that Walmart deal next week.

Sony seems to be f*cked all the way around and they don't seem to care.

OBVIOUSLY, this IS....RANDOM because I should have gotten mine long before some of these others.

Not sure when I'll EVER buy another psn card.

bread's done
Back