(FREE) ECA Membership, Amazon Codes are down for time being

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeraldgsl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Mods' edit:
No begging for codes. Beggars will be permabanned on the spot.

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers. Codes aren't available at the moment, unknown ETA when/if they'll be back.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

(Free memberships available, see below.)

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

[quote name='dallascowboys']If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']You weren't kidding. Ok I found this on page 28. All credit goes to jacknicklson for the original faq (1-6).

ECA/Amazon FAQ

1. I can't get into the member's area/can't find out where to pay. Help!

After the initial registration email, you should receive a second email linking you to a payment page. You can request that this email be resent if need be. Make sure to check your junk/spam folders as well.

2. Will this work on consoles?

No. Games and most accessories only. Physical point cards are also eligible, but not digital point codes.

3. Do these work on Quick Picks/Deals of the Day/Trade-in Coupons?

Yes, Yes, and Yes!

4. How do I get my Quick Picks to show games?

http://betterelevation.com/2009/02/1...old-box-trick/
This should be a basis to get it to work for whatever you are interested in. It is not a science though so be persistent.

5. Does this work on Pre-orders?

Yes, it does. The price will also automatically take off 10% of whatever the final selling point is due to the Pre-Price Guarantee that Amazon offers.

6. I have heard that these offers have expired/been removed, is this true?

There have been a few instances where codes expired or they ran out but The ECA and Amazon have usually rectified the situation within a week or so. Also, the Terms of Service state that any membership benefits can change or be canceled without any notice so keep that in mind when signing up.

7. Double and Triple stacking

This is no longer possible. Don't bother trying. Originally when the ECA would run out of codes and switch to a new batch members were able to stack codes. A glitch in Amazon's system would keep older codes in your account, and it was possible to add codes from the newer batches to obtain more than 10% off. Amazon found out about this, hence the reason the codes are currently down/ being worked on.

8. Begging/Asking for codes

This is not allowed. If you beg/ask for a code you will be permabanned. No questions asked.

9. Selling codes

Definitely a big no no. If you do this, you will get reported to the ECA and your account will be shut down.

10. If I make a pre-order with a code a cancel it, will the code still work?

Yes. Codes should remain in your account but again they will no longer stack. It is one code per game. Amazon and the ECA are working on codes tied into our accounts but this option is not yet available.

11. If I already have a pre-order made, can I add a 10% off code to it?

You can not add a anything to an order once it is made except a gift card. You can try emailing Amazon customer support and ask them to add it. Generally they have no issue doing this for you but it's a crap shoot.

12. What if I already have a pre-order with the old codes applied? Should I be worried?

We don't know definitively, but chances are good that Amazon will not touch the pre orders we have already made.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys who are having junk show up in you quick picks don't need to freak out. It's perfectly normal!

Read the FAQ in my sig cover to cover, especially regarding maintenance and it will become clear.

Are the codes dead again?
I can't generate any new code. This is gonna suck what with Amazon having DOTD on games all day.
DAMN!!!

If I preordered a game using an old code, and cancel the preorder, does the old eca code go back to my account as well?

[quote name='Estebon']If I preordered a game using an old code, and cancel the preorder, does the old eca code go back to my account as well?[/QUOTE]

i'd like to know this as well, anyone know? thx

[quote name='testaroo']Are the codes dead again?
I can't generate any new code. This is gonna suck what with Amazon having DOTD on games all day.
DAMN!!![/QUOTE]

Just generated one a couple minutes ago...

[quote name='io']I think people are just not noticing that it is limited to one per day now.[/QUOTE]
Well TBH, I think most of the people who would notice (read: me) already hoarded enough that we haven't needed new ones.

I didn't notice they were one per day until now, as I haven't tried to order anything in the past week. I wanted to order two separate items (a pre-order and something to ship today) without knowing this. I think I may now start storing a couple of codes just in case this keeps up.

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']i knwo that this might sound retarded.. but how does one double stack eca?[/QUOTE]

from what i could gather through 120 pages was that people had codes from before eca revamped the system (when it was down those couple days), and apparently those would stack with the new codes. So if you just have new codes, you can't double stack. If i'm wrong tho, someone correct me please ;)

[quote name='Vortextk']One code per day, but I don't know if that means 24 hours from last code generated or daily cycle at 12 am(whatever timezone).[/QUOTE]
I don't know either. But I generated one last night and another one just now.

some how I was able to generate two codes yesterday at like 230 am. My first two codes ever from ECA, hope to get Demons Soul Deluxe for sure.

Well, I generated one yesterday (well before midnight both Pacific and Eastern). And I could not generate another today - still says to wait a day. That's not good.

[quote name='Vortextk']One code per day...just discussed on like the last page.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I haven't used one today. I guess I did within the last 24 hours however.

Yeah, I guess it could be 24-hour based or just noon-to-noon or some other arbitrary time. Then that might explain why I can't get another now. I'll try it again tonight (but before midnight) to verify that.

I just assumed it would be one per calendar day.

[quote name='Vortextk']One code per day...just discussed on like the last page.[/QUOTE]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial][/FONT]
And every single other page before that. Think how short this thread would be without each page being a mirror image of the last.

Well taking advantage of what I was reading here I canceled my order of the Deluxe version of Demon's Souls and then ordered it again with a 2nd code applied.

Definitely can't complain. Especially with the free same day delivery. $53.59:)

[quote name='iPhone']While the codes are limited to a day, it seems that they now discount mutiple items in a single order.[/QUOTE]

They actually fixed that about a month ago or so.

Got my money worth from ECA. Although these codes have been so hit and miss, after doing so much ordering the last few months, many games I had pre-ordered were double stacked. A fewl of these games come with additional 10$ credits as well for future purchases. These prices do not reflect the future credits.

Brutal Legends - 40.59 (also my Uncharted 5.00 code worked here too)
Uncharted 2 - 45.59
Demon Souls Deluxe - 28.59 (had a 25$ certificate from my credit card)
God Of War Collection - 29.59
Dj Hero Renegade - 159.99
GTA Episodes - 21.49
Kingdom Hearts - 21.99
Dragon Age Collectors - 55.99
COD M2 Prestige - 124.10

For two of them I actually emailed and asked to have my promotional credit balance added to an existing order, since Cod was sold out I couldn't cancel and re-buy.

Still a big bill, but definitely a lot easier to swallow. I just wish I wasn't a sucker for the collector stuff.

So I'm trying to be clear on this. I tried going back about 7 pages but all I got was a lot of rants and arguments:

So you cant doublestack new eca codes. BUT, if you preorder a game with the 10% off coupon, cancel the order, then order another game, will the promo gc applied to your cancelled order be credited back to you, or not? And is there absolutely no way to get more than 10% off now on a game?

Quick question that I'm not sure has been asked/answered before.

If you order a game at $60 and get the 10% off, it's a $6 discount. If Amazon drops the price to, say, $50 do you retain the $6 discount or does the 10% scale down to reflect a $5 discount off the $50?

My reasoning is that it may be more beneficial to order at full price to get the full $6 off before any early price drops happen. Gold box aside, of course.

BTW, I just managed to get Halo: Reach for $47 with Gold Box + 2 ECA discounts. Awesome. And before anyone does the math, I pay tax. :(

It seems like the Amazon one a day code, is 1 every 24 hours. I got one yesterday around 10 am, and had to wait until after 10 am today to get a second one (I couldn't get one at 8:30am this morning).

I was wondering if anyone had a solution to my dilemma. I currently have a giftcard balance from trades I have made and I am trying to finish up a few preorders before the ECA codes expire. The problem is that whenever I attempt to use one and change the payment to credit card, the discount disappears. I really would prefer to use my cc as payment because the games are not due out until next year. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get this to work?

1. Use the gift card on an item that doesnt come out for awhile.
2. Do all of your other shopping.
3. Cancel first order to get the gift card funds back.
4. Thank me. 8)

And likewise the same method can be used to stash a promo code you don't want to use yet (like the $30 trade-in promo code, or a $5 or $10 promo from purchasing a specific game). Sometimes those hose up the ECA discount so on smaller game purchases I make sure those are stashed, in, say, a FF XIII preorder. Then I buy what I want and can just cancel the FF XIII whenever I want the codes back for something else.

[quote name='jacknicklson']1. Use the gift card on an item that doesnt come out for awhile.
2. Do all of your other shopping.
3. Cancel first order to get the gift card funds back.
4. Thank me. 8)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I have a few hundred dollars in my giftcard balance, so this will probably not be feasible.

[quote name='RavenHawk']Thanks, but I have a few hundred dollars in my giftcard balance, so this will probably not be feasible.[/QUOTE]

Why not? Order multiples. Or multiples of several games.

[quote name='RavenHawk']I was wondering if anyone had a solution to my dilemma. I currently have a giftcard balance from trades I have made and I am trying to finish up a few preorders before the ECA codes expire. The problem is that whenever I attempt to use one and change the payment to credit card, the discount disappears. I really would prefer to use my cc as payment because the games are not due out until next year. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get this to work?[/QUOTE]

You could just place the order with the credit. Then call customer service and ask them to change the payment option to your credit card. They will put the credit back into your account and charge your card. I don't think they'll have a problem taking your money instead of store credit.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Just pre-order 10 of one game, not that hard to rack up a bill on Amazon[/QUOTE]

I guess I could do that...if anyone wonders why a certain game has suddenly shot up to the top in Amazon's Best Sellers, I apologize in advance....;)

I would like to apply the Amazon ECA 10% code to two old pre-orders. I can't cancel and re-order the first because it was part of a multi-item order and the other item has already shipped. I also have another pre-order that has a lower price in my order history than the current price ($53.99 compared to $58.99).

How can I apply the codes to these orders? People mentioned emailing Amazon to have the codes applied. How do you do this? Do you send a request through their website? If a customer service representative modifies the order, can I still cancel it before it ships? Thank you.

Do you use the form on the website? https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/account-assistance.html Also, suggestions on phrasing would be helpful.

Do I say...?
"Can you apply the promotional code ####### to this order? Thank you."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back