Free game (DL) when you register 3DS XL & Pokemon MD: GTI or Luigi's Mansion: DM

KemperJones

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
LINK

Just saw this on Club Nintendo's site and didn't see a post on here.

Register a 3DS XL and either Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity between 3/21-4/30 and you get to choose one of the following games as a free digital download...

Freaky Forms Deluxe
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone
Super Mario 3D Land
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Star Fox 64

good thing i was lazy and never registered my 3DS XL when i got it day 1 back in August :D

and i was already getting luigis mansion 2 so i'll be taking professor layton, saves me an extra $25

I can already tell this will happen with wii u, count on it. *holds onto wii u registration code*

Unfortunately, Newegg no longer has the deal on Luigi's Mansion. I considered it, but backed off because it was a $10 gift card and not $10 outright. Had I known I could bundle it into a free game I probably would have bit. I'll look around and see if there are any deals for it when it releases.

Played Starfox, Layton, and Mario already, and own a sealed copy of 3D Land that I was planning on replaying later...Will I be able to sell the download code from this program or is it somehow tied to my Club Nintendo account?

I plan on getting a 3DS XL tomorrow from Target, even if I don't I will still have time to get a deal on a XL AND take advantage of this. Maybe even trade in my copy of Star Fox and get a new one. Naw, but this is a great deal.

Oh well. I registered my XL already. My free game would've been Star Fox but I still have and play the original 64 version so at least I'm not missing out.

[quote name='kofijamal']I plan on getting a 3DS XL tomorrow from Target, even if I don't I will still have time to get a deal on a XL AND take advantage of this. Maybe even trade in my copy of Star Fox and get a new one. Naw, but this is a great deal.[/QUOTE]

I thought about doing the Target deal, but ended up getting a MK7 bundle instead. Seems like the $200 MK7 bundle is a better deal than $25 GC Target deal, RIGHT NOW (please no comments about past deals)... Unless, for some reason you don't want MK7 or the color blue.

[quote name='djricekcn']i sent NoA an email...worth a shot i guess.[/QUOTE]

Its an NOA offer already I think. Its on the US club Nintendo.

no, i meant, i sent an email because to see if they can extend / accept 3DSXL before that date...only registered last week....

I really wish they weren't so stingy with the selection. I have 3d land and the only other one I want is Layton, but I need a retail copy for my collection. Ehh, if I end up getting Luigi's Mansion, i'll take Starfox.

Oh lame, I thought I hadn't registered my XL yet but apparently I did.... le sigh. Was excited since I already had LM preordered anyway. Cool deal though.

Well, no download for me. No biggie though it is annoying I just got my 3DS XL 2.5 weeks back.

It's too bad it's only for new 3DSXL owners. It would be nice if there was a previous owner's deal where you could qualify for the free game by purchasing BOTH Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Just a heads up that bestbuy is currently selling this:

Paper Mario: Sticker Star [bestbuy.com] - $19.99
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask [bestbuy.com] $14.99
Kid Icarus: Uprising [bestbuy.com] - $14.99

Heard about this, combined with a store sale it could turn out great. Sadly I'm not very interested in the XL it just seems to big and clunky for my tastes of a handheld.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']So which is the better game: Luigi's Mansion or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? :)[/QUOTE]

Mystery Dungeon has been done to death, I've been waiting for a sequel to Luigi's Mansion for over 10 years and it's been almost 2 years since they announced it.

[quote name='xarthan']Just a heads up that bestbuy is currently selling this:

Paper Mario: Sticker Star [bestbuy.com] - $19.99
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask [bestbuy.com] $14.99
Kid Icarus: Uprising [bestbuy.com] - $14.99[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, just picked up PM:SS for $5 and some change after gift card. I also posted this in a new thread. I gave you credit for the find.

[quote name='KemperJones']Thanks man, just picked up PM:SS for $5 and some change after gift card. I also posted this in a new thread. I gave you credit for the find.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I originally found it on slickdeals, glad it helped ya out :applause:

I'm vaguely pleased about this, because while it will be a free game, I've played Star Fox 64 to DEATH... I'd much rather it be $20 credit on the eShop, personally... (I want me some cheap AC and FE)

I've been sitting on my XL code for the next Club Nintendo year. I might have to bite for Starfox 64 (which I've already played a million times) or Art Academy. Decisions....

So is this just registering the 3DS XL by itself or do you need to add a game in the title? Based on the responses I have to ask. :bouncy:

Already have Mario 3D Land and Starfox, don't want Layton, and I've been eyeing Art Academy here and there for a while, so I'm definitely down for it! I was saving the points for the next season of Club Nintendo, but I'll take that instead :)

[quote name='io']
But... I already have those games. And I assume I can't get the save off my cart for Mario 3D and use that with the digital version, right?
[/QUOTE]

Nintendo Japan is releasing a save file transfer tool (I think only Cart -> Digital) soon, in March I think. Hopefully NoA gets on that too. I'd like to move my Mario Kart save over to the digital copy that's just sitting in my system.

[quote name='Rodster']So is this just registering the 3DS XL by itself or do you need to add a game in the title? Based on the responses I have to ask. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]Sometime between 3/21 and 4/30, you need to register both the 3DS XL and one of the two games in the OP.

[quote name='Drclaw411']A fuck you to early adopters.[/QUOTE]

I've responded to this post once but I have to respond again...

The 3DSXL has been out almost six months...

In your opinion, how long should Nintendo wait to offer deals and not burn early adopters?

A year? Two years? Never?

I'd love to know how you feel about this, "Drclaw411".

I wonder if this is a promotion to increase sales of existing models before new colors/models are released/announced later in the year?

[quote name='maximumzero']I've responded to this post once but I have to respond again...

The 3DSXL has been out almost six months...

In your opinion, how long should Nintendo wait to offer deals and not burn early adopters?

A year? Two years? Never?

I'd love to know how you feel about this, "Drclaw411".[/QUOTE]

i wont lie am bitter about this deal as i bought my 3ds xl last month, what you say does make sense, just wish their was a side deal for those that already with Nintendo. mabye able spend X coins too get said DL game from the promo. even if let new people double dip it show they care about loyal customer least that my opinion

Lucky I just re-bought an XL but I have to buy one of two games (probably full msrp) that I have no interest in getting just to get another (old) game for free... I mean it's a pretty solid deal but not one that I'd be upset over missing. Not only that but it's over a month away. What's to be r u mad bro about?

Congrats Nintendo, you got me to cancel my order for Luigi's Mansion. I just registered my 3DS XL not long ago... not cool. I'll pick the game when it's on clearance for $15 now.

[quote name='ZildjianKX']Congrats Nintendo, you got me to cancel my order for Luigi's Mansion. I just registered my 3DS XL not long ago... not cool. I'll pick the game when it's on clearance for $15 now.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I hadn't assumed there would be meltdowns in such a random thread. Awesome.

[quote name='Dacoops3']Thanks! Any deals on Luigi's Mansion?[/QUOTE]
Newegg was giving a $10 gift card with it on Tuesday. I think Frys is selling it for $30 right now.

[quote name='ZildjianKX']Congrats Nintendo, you got me to cancel my order for Luigi's Mansion. I just registered my 3DS XL not long ago... not cool. I'll pick the game when it's on clearance for $15 now.[/QUOTE]

Hahahah, have fun waiting.

[quote name='mannam23']lol i'd be surprised if luigi ever got cheaper than $30, let alone $15.[/QUOTE]

It will easily hit $20, like Paper Mario, etc. My backlog is so big anyways. This just annoyed me enough to clear it out of my queue for now.

[quote name='ZildjianKX']It will easily hit $20, like Paper Mario, etc. My backlog is so big anyways. This just annoyed me enough to clear it out of my queue for now.[/QUOTE]I wouldn't bet on it. Just because that happened with a few first-party titles this weekend thanks to Best Buy doesn't mean you should expect similar treatment in the future.

Do you guys think the 3DS XL will go on sale again before 3/24? I'm debating on whether I should go to target today and get the ad for the deal to buy 3DS XL and get the $25 gift card with the purchase... I called best buy and they said they would match this deal. I'd just hate to see it go on sale even cheaper within the next month.

bread's done
Back