Free game (DL) when you register 3DS XL & Pokemon MD: GTI or Luigi's Mansion: DM

KemperJones

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
LINK

Just saw this on Club Nintendo's site and didn't see a post on here.

Register a 3DS XL and either Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity between 3/21-4/30 and you get to choose one of the following games as a free digital download...

Freaky Forms Deluxe
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone
Super Mario 3D Land
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Star Fox 64

So question I hope you fine CAGs can answer help answer.

Just bought a 3DS XL in blue and registered it two weeks ago.
If I were to buy a 3DS XL Mario Kart 7 bundle and transfer my profile over to that account would I then be able to register that 3DS XL and get the promo. Just curious.
Really want the 3DS XL MK7 Bundle.

Any thoughts would be helpful.
Thx in advance.

So let's have a quick poll: Are you guys getting Luigi's Mansion or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon?

I'd go for Luigi's Mansion. The game comes out next month. :)

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']So let's have a quick poll: Are you guys getting Luigi's Mansion or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon?

I'd go for Luigi's Mansion. The game comes out next month. :)[/QUOTE]Luigi's Mansion. I already have it preordered through Newegg. :)

[quote name='adriley313']So question I hope you fine CAGs can answer help answer.

Just bought a 3DS XL in blue and registered it two weeks ago.
If I were to buy a 3DS XL Mario Kart 7 bundle and transfer my profile over to that account would I then be able to register that 3DS XL and get the promo. Just curious.
Really want the 3DS XL MK7 Bundle.

Any thoughts would be helpful.
Thx in advance.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the Mario Kart bundle in blue/black?
Why would you return the same 3ds xl to get the same one just with a digital game pre installed?

It says you get a "download code", so that means you can redeem it on any 3DS system, right? My boyfriend hasn't registered the XL he just got yet, but he doesn't want any of the games, so I'm hoping he'll be able to register his XL and my copy of Luigi's Mansion and give me the download code.

This is awesome as I just spent the day trying to get a deal for a 3DS XL and struck out on every turn. I just registered my 3DS XL tonight so I should be able to pick up Luigi's Mansion and get either Layton or Super Mario 3D land. Thank god I got something out of all of this mess.

Never played a Pokemon game since red/blue back in middle school lol the new Pokemon Dungeon looks like a rogue type game, can't wait to pick it up.

Fred Meyer's has the 3DS XL for $174.99 in the Presidents' Day (Friday through Monday I believe) sale. Ad just shows two base models but my store also had the Mario Kart 3DS XL bundle for the $174.99. I got it on Friday, and was able to transfer everything from my Launch 3DS including ambassador titles to the XL. And lugi's Mansion is on top of my list to buy anyhow! Great deal!

[quote name='wratih9']This is awesome as I just spent the day trying to get a deal for a 3DS XL and struck out on every turn. I just registered my 3DS XL tonight so I should be able to pick up Luigi's Mansion and get either Layton or Super Mario 3D land. Thank god I got something out of all of this mess.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't the wording of the promotion say you have to register between 3/21 - 4/30?

[quote name='GamerChris']Doesn't the wording of the promotion say you have to register between 3/21 - 4/30?[/QUOTE]

It also says this:

Nintendo 3DS XL hardware registered on and after February 14th, 2013 can qualify for this offer.

[quote name='Drclaw411']A fuck you to early adopters.[/QUOTE]

your acting like your surprised by this... it's Nintendo dude.

[quote name='v|_@mé']do you think we need the 3ds xl's serial for this? if so then you can't just buy a code off of craigslist or ebay...[/QUOTE]

No dice. You'd have to buy the little club nintendo slip that comes with the system and use the pin.

I actually email nintendo about this. They basically told me that you needed the pin from the slip and that if i didn't have it i'd have to cut out the upc and mail it to them so they could register it for me.

[quote name='RenoVatio']No dice. You'd have to buy the little club nintendo slip that comes with the system and use the pin.

I actually email nintendo about this. They basically told me that you needed the pin from the slip and that if i didn't have it i'd have to cut out the upc and mail it to them so they could register it for me.[/QUOTE]

yea you can just buy those slips on ebay it's the 160 point code

[quote name='jrr6415sun']yea you can just buy those slips on ebay it's the 160 point code[/QUOTE]

Yeah but for 15 dollars?! You can just buy one and return it after registering.

[quote name='RenoVatio']Yeah but for 15 dollars?! You can just buy one and return it after registering.[/QUOTE]
what's your ebay username so i can block you

[quote name='gatordeve86']what's your ebay username so i can block you[/QUOTE]

No no you misunderstand. I meant buy a 3ds xl from a store and return it after registering. I would never rip off another person. A corporation though, that's another story.

[quote name='RenoVatio']No no you misunderstand. I meant buy a 3ds xl from a store and return it after registering. I would never rip off another person. A corporation though, that's another story.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, that doesn't make you any more noble. You're still a douche.

[quote name='RenoVatio']No no you misunderstand. I meant buy a 3ds xl from a store and return it after registering. I would never rip off another person. A corporation though, that's another story.[/QUOTE]

You would be ripping off the next person that buys that unit.

[quote name='Deader2818']You would be ripping off the next person that buys that unit.[/QUOTE]

Details...if they really want to register it they'll exchange it for another.

As the other guy said though I'm a douche and that's a fair conclusion to arrive at. But you need to understand that but when your idea of tolerance is only tolerance for you're own ideas, you're kinda missing the point.

I act in my own self interest as many of these companies do. Its why they track and deny you returns and offer laughable trade it values. I can understand that is not personal and just the way businesses work(for a profit margin) so its seem can you. What i don't understand is why others cast judgement and even resort to name calling when an individual decides to operate the same way?

[quote name='RenoVatio']Details...if they really want to register it they'll exchange it for another.

As the other guy said though I'm a douche and that's a fair conclusion to arrive at. But you need to understand that but when your idea of tolerance is only tolerance for you're own ideas, you're kinda missing the point.

I act in my own self interest as many of these companies do. Its why they track and deny you returns and offer laughable trade it values. I can understand that is not personal and just the way businesses work(for a profit margin) so its seem can you. What i don't understand is why others cast judgement and even resort to name calling when an individual decides to operate the same way?[/QUOTE]

Stop trying to justify it. Doesn't make you any better than corporations.

I bought a 3DS XL a couple weeks ago and registered it right away. If I had known about this deal, I would have waited as I plan to pick up the Luigi game.

[quote name='Hoffer']I bought a 3DS XL a couple weeks ago and registered it right away. If I had known about this deal, I would have waited as I plan to pick up the Luigi game.[/QUOTE]

This /; fuh nintendo

Is there anyone who is not interested in this deal and will be saving their 3DS XL code to register in the next Club Nintendo year?

I've never entered my 3DS code and I'd be willing to trade my unused 3DS code for an unused 3DS XL one that is being saved. They are worth the same amount of coins. I'm going to be picking up Luigi's Mansion and I'd really like to pick up Mario 3D Land as I've played a friends and it was great.

Or I'd be willing to get you one of the downloadable titles worth 200 coins available on Club Nintendo now or next month in exchange for a unused 3DS XL code.

PM me if you are interested in helping out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RenoVatio']Details...if they really want to register it they'll exchange it for another.

I act in my own self interest as many of these companies do. Its why they track and deny you returns and offer laughable trade it values. I can understand that is not personal and just the way businesses work(for a profit margin) so its seem can you. What i don't understand is why others cast judgement and even resort to name calling when an individual decides to operate the same way?[/QUOTE]

You're definitely a doucheCAG.

[quote name='elessar123']Trust me, that doesn't make you any more noble. You're still a douche.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Gonna block this bastard to make sure he can't enter anything I do here in the coming months.

I wonder if he comprehends that people doing shit like that is *why* we get charged more. Needless returns = things get destroyed/salvaged/etc. which cost the company money, and they pass those costs onto us, therefor, he is the Anti-CAG.

After registering my 3DS XL and Luigis Mansion I also got a survey to register my free game (3D Land) which gave me 40 coins (and I'm assuming will get an additional 10 from the post-play survey as well)! Nice little bonus for this promotion.

Didn't they have the same deal awhile back but didn't require registering another qualifying game?
Just ordered a 3DS XL and I'm not too sure I want to cop Luigi's Mansion yet for 40 bucks...although free Layton/Mario 3D seems like a solid deal.

[quote name='redmangoose']Didn't they have the same deal awhile back but didn't require registering another qualifying game?
Just ordered a 3DS XL and I'm not too sure I want to cop Luigi's Mansion yet for 40 bucks...although free Layton/Mario 3D seems like a solid deal.[/QUOTE]

Kmart has it for $35 in their weekly ad and u are part of their club (its free) and spend $50, you get $5 back

You're dumb and so is you logic!

Please leave this site and never come back.

Nice I never registered my 3DS XL so did it today with Luigis Mansion and am downloading Miracle Mask. 3D land is so good, but I already beat it so no point there.

I was really considering getting a Pikachu 3DS XL, if only for the reason that my XL screen has a yellow tint and theres a little pink on the right side it seems... couldnt take a 160 dollar gamble that it would be any better though

[quote name='IamPro']Kmart has it for $35 in their weekly ad and u are part of their club (its free) and spend $50, you get $5 back[/QUOTE]

No K-Mart near my place sadly.
I heard this game was 30 bucks pre-order at some retailer?
If so, I regret not getting it then. I'm watching a review right now and it looks pretty fun.

I didn't register my 3ds XL in November and I want Luigi's Mansion but I wonder if it will go on sale before the end of the promo. If only GS had a price match policy

[quote name='eliter1']I didn't register my 3ds XL in November and I want Luigi's Mansion but I wonder if it will go on sale before the end of the promo. If only GS had a price match policy[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm hoping it'll go on sale within the next month as well. Or price drop.

Just picked up an xl and luigis mansion dark moon. Price matched at best buy, guy gave me some trouble at first. He said it only applied to the pikachu version but I pointed out it also applies to the red, blue, and pink versions. He asked another employee for confirmation and then got the green light. I ended up walking out of best buy with the xl and dark moon. My grand total was $208.xx after the price match and some RZ certificates. Think I'm gonna get super mario 3d land for the download.

Picked up both games with my Pika3DS today. Won't be opening any of them until my birthday on April 20th, but if anyone wanted to make an offer for one of the codes, I would be more than willing to hold on to it for you.

bread's done
Back