Free game (DL) when you register 3DS XL & Pokemon MD: GTI or Luigi's Mansion: DM

KemperJones

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
LINK

Just saw this on Club Nintendo's site and didn't see a post on here.

Register a 3DS XL and either Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity between 3/21-4/30 and you get to choose one of the following games as a free digital download...

Freaky Forms Deluxe
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone
Super Mario 3D Land
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Star Fox 64

[quote name='elessar123']Some people have more than 1 3DS. I'm not buying two copies of Luigi's Mansion to register.[/QUOTE]

Buy a Pokemon and a Lugi then :bouncy:

[quote name='IamPro']Buy a Pokemon and a Lugi then :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I didn't like the previous MDs, so I have no desire to get this one that's considered not as good.

Plus, even then, I have more than 2 3DSes...

I need to get and register a 3DS XL, any one have a spare that they don't need to register? I am willing to give 320 CN coins for it, that double of what the systems will get you if you don't want it.

[quote name='eliter1']Not true. You get 40 points per 3DS games, 50 if you told Nintendo that you intended to buy it, they had the option of choosing the physical or download version of intend to buy for Pokemon and Luigi's Mansion. I did all 4.[/QUOTE]

There's still the intend to buy option?!?! I haven't seen it since they revamped the site.

[quote name='elessar123']I didn't like the previous MDs, so I have no desire to get this one that's considered not as good.

Plus, even then, I have more than 2 3DSes...[/QUOTE]

So can't you just buy the games they're offering for free if you want them?

[quote name='Teeheehee']So can't you just buy the games they're offering for free if you want them?[/QUOTE]

Can? Yes. Willing to? No.

It seems like a waste not to get a code for my 3DS codes though.

[quote name='nnthomas']Is there any reason nobody wants to actually BUY Luigi's Mansion? It's not a bad game. Am I missing some logic here?[/QUOTE]

Don't have a 3ds yet, but hung around Target today and played Luigi's Mansion on the (surprisingly dirty and broken) demo unit. The game's a lot more fun than I expected and it looks spectacular. Some good reviews plus this sale / promo might be enough to push me over the edge.

Nintendo reps were at this same Target putting up official signs wrt to this free game deal too, if that matters to anyone.

Just bought LM, bout to pop it in. Does anybody have a spare 3DS XL code though? I know it's a stretch...I actually saved my box and never registered mine but now I can't find it :(

[quote name='DarkGamer11']Just bought LM, bout to pop it in. Does anybody have a spare 3DS XL code though? I know it's a stretch...I actually saved my box and never registered mine but now I can't find it :([/QUOTE]

I think all you need is the SS number off the system and that will work

SS number will register your system... you only need the pin number to get the 160 coins

what is better LAYTON OR Mario land

cause the other 3 games are trash

I would have a Layton code BUT probally will end up tossing it up on VGames for 1000 pts where i can grab 3 to 4 cheap games for it

[quote name='rockstarnati']I didn't see any "intend to buy" option, but I got 50 points for Luigi.[/QUOTE]

You had to do the intend-to-buy survey before they closed it which I think was a few weeks ago.

[quote name='slidecage']I think all you need is the SS number off the system and that will work

SS number will register your system... you only need the pin number to get the 160 coins

what is better LAYTON OR Mario land

cause the other 3 games are trash

I would have a Layton code BUT probally will end up tossing it up on VGames for 1000 pts where i can grab 3 to 4 cheap games for it[/QUOTE]

Both of them are 24.99 (22.50 after GCU) used at Best Buy, if you wanted a physical copy. I think im gonna grab Layton used and ditch a digital copy of SM Land 3D

Ok... I registered both but didn't get an offer... does it come later? After it registered it said something about a pin number different from the serial code that I entered.

[quote name='denvilcahill']Ok... I registered both but didn't get an offer... does it come later? After it registered it said something about a pin number different from the serial code that I entered.[/QUOTE]

should pop up automatically

[quote name='denvilcahill']Ok... I registered both but didn't get an offer... does it come later? After it registered it said something about a pin number different from the serial code that I entered.[/QUOTE]

Someone on here was worried about that and it showed up a little later.

[quote name='mcdaking84']should pop up automatically[/QUOTE]

Thanks... I didn't get that... just a message about a pin... think I need to call customer service...

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Someone on here was worried about that and it showed up a little later.[/QUOTE]

Thanks...I was worried...I will wait a bit and see... hate to miss this deal...

[quote name='Abeja']Both of them are 24.99 (22.50 after GCU) used at Best Buy, if you wanted a physical copy. I think im gonna grab Layton used and ditch a digital copy of SM Land 3D[/QUOTE]

im shocked Layton is holding its value.. not sure when it was but these were dirt cheap (i think buy 2 for 40 and flip them to best buy for a profit) cause i still had a cart copy sealed what i dumped off

I got Layton for 15 during the Best Buy sale a long with PKMN Black 2 and White 2.

So does the option for your free game show up under 'To-Do's' along with your surveys? I cannot find it.

[quote name='RenoVatio']No dice. You'd have to buy the little club nintendo slip that comes with the system and use the pin.

I actually email nintendo about this. They basically told me that you needed the pin from the slip and that if i didn't have it i'd have to cut out the upc and mail it to them so they could register it for me.[/QUOTE]

I emailed them too and they said send the UPC code by traceable mail.

Does this mean I need to use certified mail, or can I just use a regular envelope?

[quote name='IamPro']Is the Nintendo EShop down for anyone else? Taking long time to load

NM, found out its maintenance

"Start Date and Time of Outage:
Monday, March 25, 2013 12:00 PM to
Monday, March 25, 2013 6:00 PM Pacific Time"

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp[/QUOTE]

Uggghhh, I've been having the same trouble with getting into the 3DS Shop for the past 2 hours. I really hope it's back up by the next hour...I wanna download my free Super Mario Land 3D already!! >_>

What are the chances of Luigi's Mansion dropping in price or going on sale online before 4/30?
And what do you think is the better free game to get: Super Mario Land 3D or Prof. Layton? I would personally go for the former because I'd rather have my money go towards a developer that's not so well known. That's just me though.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']You had to do the intend-to-buy survey before they closed it which I think was a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I never took an intend to buy survey. Still got 50 points.

[quote name='redmangoose']And what do you think is the better free game to get: Super Mario Land 3D or Prof. Layton? I would personally go for the former because I'd rather have my money go towards a developer that's not so well known. That's just me though.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you mean latter.

Layton is great. Super Mario 3D land is fun but I just feel better playing Layton. I get relaxed solving the puzzles and the story is nice. Great game. I did get a bit bored of Mario 3D land but i'm probably in the minority for that one.

Got my LM2 today and entered at CN and redeemed Layton. Now have to wait till Nintendo finishes maintaining their servers or whatever. Oh well :whistle2:D I'll stick with LM2 till then :whistle2:D

[quote name='opterasis']Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what hoops you have to jump through if you get a game with no pin inside?[/QUOTE]

If you email CS about it they will tell you to do this:

Mail a letter to Nintendo that includes your address, your username for Club Nintendo, and your email. You must also include your UPC code (the bar code) physically, meaning that you must cut it out.

The address is:

Nintendo of America
Attn: CS Admin
4600 150th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052

They will then register a PIN for you on their end, however I'm not sure how long it will take.

those who got layton.. can you download all 365 extra puzzles day one or do you still only get 1 puzzle from the nintendo download for the next 365 days

So uh, I got Star Fox 64 3D as my free game since I already had Professor Layton: Miracle Mask and Super Mario 3D Land, and when I went back to try and do the survey, in the To-Do section for my account I still have the "Choose Your Free Game" as an option. Man, I'm so trying to do the right thing. D:

[quote name='OsCream']Has anyone tried registering a MK7 BUNDLE bought during holiday season, are those eligible?[/QUOTE]

That's what I bought and registered it on feb 15th and got my free game last night after buying Luigi.

If anyone is not wanting any of the games you can select from I would be willing to buy a Star Fox 3D code for $20. So if anyone wants to sale me their unused code for Star Fox 3DS please PM me and we can make a deal.

[quote name='SuperSonic128']Are you allowed to barter for a club Nintendo code here? I would trade my Half Life complete collection on steam for an unused XL code.[/QUOTE]
boy thats a balanced trade :roll:

Registered mine picked out the Mario one. Lost the page with my code, and it isn't in my account page :(
Never did get the email either.

[quote name='malunewyorker']I bought luigis mansion on the eshop. my ds and game is registered. anyone know how i get to pick the game?[/QUOTE]

Was your DS a 3DS XL and if so did you register it after Febuary 15th? If so just sign into club nintendo and you should have option in the to-do section.

bread's done
Back