Free game (DL) when you register 3DS XL & Pokemon MD: GTI or Luigi's Mansion: DM

KemperJones

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
LINK

Just saw this on Club Nintendo's site and didn't see a post on here.

Register a 3DS XL and either Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity between 3/21-4/30 and you get to choose one of the following games as a free digital download...

Freaky Forms Deluxe
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone
Super Mario 3D Land
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Star Fox 64

[quote name='wilflare']does anyone not want their code from Luigi's Mansion? :X[/QUOTE]

yea and they will GIVE It to you for 20+ lol

Really though rank the games im saying

Freaky Forms Deluxe 5th
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone 3rd
Super Mario 3D Land 1 or 2
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask 1 or 2
Star Fox 64 4th

Dont know to grab MAsk or land... already have MASK on cart but its sealed so i could sell that off and just pick up the digtial one but i heard the game is VERY SHORT (12 hours)

sort of hated the last mario game and the other 3 games are mostly crap

My order of preference:

Mario 3D Land
Layton
Starfox
Freaky Forms
Art Academy (you're really gonna waste your freebie on this?)

[quote name='slidecage']yea and they will GIVE It to you for 20+ lol

Freaky Forms Deluxe 5th
Star Fox 64 4th

Dont know to grab MAsk or land... already have MASK on cart but its sealed so i could sell that off and just pick up the digtial one but i heard the game is VERY SHORT (12 hours)

sort of hated the last mario game and the other 3 games are mostly crap[/QUOTE]

Ive played through the first two stages after getting it today, its kinda like Super Mario 64 without the full 3D camera, but I feel it's much better than the other choices that are available. Just sayin'

[quote name='krizko']Was anyone who registered a 3DS XL via SERIAL # only able to redeem this promotion?

So far it seems that it's a no-go on my end.[/QUOTE]

When did you register?

You guys think it makes more sense to DL Professor Layton as the free game?

I plan on playing 3D land but I figure the resale value will be higher on it, as I doubt I'd play it that much after I beat it. Not interested in the other games.

I bought an XL during launch. Transferred my old 3DS data to the XL. When I booted up the XL after the transfer process, no games or 'apps' would load(I would get the spinning cirlce for 5 minutes than get booted to the home screen). I sent it in to NOA for repair. They said nothing would be lost so I thought I had nothing to lose.
When I got it back everything was brand new. I lost TWO fuck ING YEARS worth of street pass tags (4 playthroughs of Find Mii, 500 tags, all puzzles completed, zero hats, and my entire activity log VANISHED). I was in tears. If anyone if kind-hearted enough to give me their code for one of the free games, I'd greatly appreciate it. Since then, every time I pick up my XL, I get sick ( :puke: ) over how much time and effort was lost by stupid nintendo.
Thanks guys!

[quote name='slidecage']yea and they will GIVE It to you for 20+ lol

Freaky Forms Deluxe 5th
Star Fox 64 4th

sort of hated the last mario game and the other 3 games are mostly crap[/QUOTE]

was hoping to trade PayPal or Amazon GC for it. but oh well.

hmm. would go for Mario 3D Land or StarFox.. heh

[quote name='Link2999']Picked up both games with my Pika3DS today. Won't be opening any of them until my birthday on April 20th, but if anyone wanted to make an offer for one of the codes, I would be more than willing to hold on to it for you.[/QUOTE]

Love?

If you dont have Mario or havent played thru it, get Mario.

If you have played Mario and dont care to play through Star Fox again, get Professor Layton.

If you have Mario and another Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box sealed and never played Layton before and want something new to play on your new Pikachu 3DS XL (whew, like me), get Star Fox to play through again (or get Layton)

If you are looking to sell the game code, get Mario to resell.

[quote name='krizko']I registered the 3DS XL on 3/7[/QUOTE]

I tried to do my serial only because the Pikachu 3DS I bought was a gift. Didn't work. Just opened it instead. After inputting the Club Pin I got a message saying I was half way there to a free game. I guess that makes sense because the serial is on the box itsel rather than within the box. Which means if you got the pin, you likely bought it.

[quote name='RenoVatio']No dice. You'd have to buy the little club nintendo slip that comes with the system and use the pin.

I actually email nintendo about this. They basically told me that you needed the pin from the slip and that if i didn't have it i'd have to cut out the upc and mail it to them so they could register it for me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='krizko']I registered the 3DS XL on 3/7[/QUOTE]

Just found this a few pages back. Looks like you must need the Club Nintendo code.

Sorry if this has been asked but... if I buy Luigi's Mansion through the eshop instead of a physical copy, will it still work?

[quote name='bluem00se']Sorry if this has been asked but... if I buy Luigi's Mansion through the eshop instead of a physical copy, will it still work?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why not.

[quote name='bluem00se']Sorry if this has been asked but... if I buy Luigi's Mansion through the eshop instead of a physical copy, will it still work?[/QUOTE]

Last I checked it said digital and physical copies work on the promotion. The game just needs to be registered to your Club Nintendo account.

[quote name='hotpocket']You guys think it makes more sense to DL Professor Layton as the free game?

I plan on playing 3D land but I figure the resale value will be higher on it, as I doubt I'd play it that much after I beat it. Not interested in the other games.[/QUOTE]

I got Layton for $15 last month at best buy. SM3DL would probably hold value more it's a Mario game so it's got long legs, and since the 3DS hasn't captured the casual audience like the DS did Miracle Mask isn't selling as well as the previous entries so I'd imagine you'll see it discounted again.

I'm probably gonna go with Layton as my free game, even if it does have a higher chance of being discounted in the neaar future. I already have Mario 3D and Starfox doesn't really appeal to me at the moment. I can play it on my N64 anyway.

Yes, it works. I purchased the digital version last night. This morning it showed up in my club Nintendo, along with the "choose your game" next to the luigi survey (
For 50 coins).

[quote name='mousebites']I want to sell my super mario 3d land code for 25 if any one wants it. pm me. or trade for something else.[/QUOTE]

Post in the Video Game Trading forum.

[quote name='Abeja']So is this a one time per account? Or can i do 2 3DS XL with Luigi and Pokemon to get 2 free games?[/QUOTE]

Haven't tested myself but I'm fairly sure it's one per account. You could very easily make a 2nd separate account and get a 2nd free game though.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Haven't tested myself but I'm fairly sure it's one per account. You could very easily make a 2nd separate account and get a 2nd free game though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats what I figured if it came down to it, it would be nice though to get the other game and 3DS XL points towards my Plat Status tho. Between the WiiU, this Pikachi 3DS, some games, and potentially another 3DS/game then I could be at 480 points just from the systems. Getting the 2 games with it would put me at 600

EDIT: Just added another family member to my account, now if it would work then that would be sweet.

[quote name='Kidorangepanda']From the looks of it, you get more coins from downloading the game as well.[/QUOTE]

lol nice. Didn't know this.

[quote name='Autosaver']Club Nintendo allows "Child" accounts so it's possible you could make a sub account.[/QUOTE]

People have gotten banned before for doing this before I've heard

[quote name='Bent 00']Anyone have a LM: DM or PMD code to sell or trade?[/QUOTE]

I will have luigis mansion tomorrow night. PayPal me or looking for psn titles

Pm me

-Already have 3D Land

-Reasonably convinced that Layton's going to go on sale again

-Willing to wait for Layton because of above

-Don't really want any of the other 3

-Have barely played 3D Land (blame the backlog)

-Willing to trade the physical copy for a digital one because of it

-Very open to selling

-Not concerned with the physical vs. digital or "Nintendo's account system is terrible" arguments here, as true as they may or may not be

What should I do? Would it be better to sell the digital copy or is the physical copy worth so much more that it'd be worth selling that and using the digital for myself?

I got 3D Land with my Pikachu 3DS XL and Luigi's Mansion. Now I have enough points for 2 free Club Nintendo games, but I don't know which two to choose.. or if I should wait for next month's games.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Yup a code you redeem on the 3DS eshop.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I just wanted to be sure it wasn't tied to the system you register, I have most of the games and picked up Art Style Academy for my daughter.

[quote name='Kidorangepanda']From the looks of it, you get more coins from downloading the game as well.[/QUOTE]

Not true. You get 40 points per 3DS games, 50 if you told Nintendo that you intended to buy it, they had the option of choosing the physical or download version of intend to buy for Pokemon and Luigi's Mansion. I did all 4.

I bought Luigi's mansion, but have no use for the code due to an older XL model that I owned since launch. Maybe an XBLA code or points...XBLA time, or something of that manner if someone needs it and wants a trade.

You guys would have better luck in the trading forum, I'm sure. You could create a trade thread or check out the club nintendo trade thread in the Master Trade Lists subforum.

totally willing to buy either LM or PMD code. PM me if you're up for discussing prices, got my paypal set up!

got the pikachu 3ds xl, would love to cash in on the deal!

[quote name='nnthomas']Is there any reason nobody wants to actually BUY Luigi's Mansion? It's not a bad game. Am I missing some logic here?[/QUOTE]

I know, its actually one of the 3DS games I WANT to buy :lol:

[quote name='nnthomas']Is there any reason nobody wants to actually BUY Luigi's Mansion? It's not a bad game. Am I missing some logic here?[/QUOTE]

Its CAG. Even 2 for $40 may seem a bit too steep here. Plus not everyone is itching to play LM and a lot of us have backlogs anyway.

bread's done
Back