Free game (Far Cry 4, The Crew, Watch Dogs, AC Black Flag, Rayman Legends or Just Dance 2015] from Ubisoft if you purchased AC Unity Season Pass

called gamestop guy told me the have it and it is 25 but he also didnt check anything so Im guessing he just got the price wrong. may try to grab one tonight

I don't follow you at all. Why should we be wary of buying the season pass?
Be wary of buying it if you dont own Unity. I know at least with PC, it cant be redeemed unless you own the base game anyway. There are idiots asking on Ubis support section "if I buy the season pass but dont own the game, will I still get a free game". Ubi is going to be looking for people trying to do this. It has to be redeemed to qualify for the free game.

If you own Unity, then that wariness shouldnt be present. Go ahead and buy it and redeem it ASAP, because they likely will not be allowing it to be redeemed for much longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm snowed in right now, but if anyone can pick up a season pass for me (PS4), I can pay you back or trade you a copy of Destiny (digital download) for PS4.

I'm about to go on lunch break to pick this up. If they still have it I'll PM you.
Thanks. I may have found someone already willing to help me out, but this is a YMMV deal right now, so not sure how it's going to work out yet. PM me anyways if they have it and I'll let you know (or I'll let you know before hand). He's leaving now as well.

Be wary of buying it if you dont own Unity. I know at least with PC, it cant be redeemed unless you own the base game anyway. There are idiots asking on Ubis support section "if I buy the season pass but dont own the game, will I still get a free game". Ubi is going to be looking for people trying to do this. It has to be redeemed to qualify for the free game.

If you own Unity, then that wariness shouldnt be present. Go ahead and buy it and redeem it ASAP, because they likely will not be allowing it to be redeemed for much longer.
Interesting. I hadn't heard of that being an issue on consoles.. And I think they'll let people redeem what they've bought to avoid any poopstorms in the future, what with Christmas around the corner etc..

Just picked up the Season Pass for $29.99 w/o tax at Gamestop for X1 and already redeemed. And then decided what the hell and picked up the digital download version of AC Unity for X1 from Newegg for $34.99 and no tax. Not bad if I can get 2 games plus free DLC for the price of one new game.

I got one from Target and when I went to redeem it from the website ameiward.com it had been pulled so beware...

Just picked up the Season Pass for $29.99 w/o tax at Gamestop for X1 and already redeemed. And then decided what the hell and picked up the digital download version of AC Unity for X1 from Newegg for $34.99 and no tax. Not bad if I can get 2 games plus free DLC for the price of one new game.
I'm thoroughly confused. I called several Gamestops and they said the XBOne version is just currency.

nvm I misread lol

You won't get two, but you will get one.

Read the fine print:

FREE DLC AND FREE GAME AVAILABLE ON UPLAY, STEAM, XBOX LIVE, AND/OR PLAYSTATION NETWORK. FREE GAME TO BE REDEEMED BY NO LATER THAN MARCH 15, 2015. LIMITED TO ONE OFFER PER PERSON. INTERNET CONNECTION AND ACCOUNT (UPLAY, STEAM, XBOX LIVE, AND/OR PLAYSTATION NETWORK) REQUIRED TO USE/PLAY DOWNLOAD. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. PRODUCT SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. SPECIFIC LIST OF GAMES AVAILABLE FOR FREE MAY VARY PER COUNTRY AND PLATFORM. FREE GAME LIMITED TO PLATFORM ON WHICH ASSASSIN’S CREED UNITY WAS INITIALLY PURCHASED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. YOU MUST MEET THE MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENTS, WHICH VARY BY COUNTRY, TO REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT. IN ADDITION, UBISOFT’S TERMS OF USE AS POSTED ON UBI.COM APPLY."
I think you misread the guy. Two games = AC Unity + Another game.

You won't get two, but you will get one.

Read the fine print:

FREE DLC AND FREE GAME AVAILABLE ON UPLAY, STEAM, XBOX LIVE, AND/OR PLAYSTATION NETWORK. FREE GAME TO BE REDEEMED BY NO LATER THAN MARCH 15, 2015. LIMITED TO ONE OFFER PER PERSON. INTERNET CONNECTION AND ACCOUNT (UPLAY, STEAM, XBOX LIVE, AND/OR PLAYSTATION NETWORK) REQUIRED TO USE/PLAY DOWNLOAD. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. PRODUCT SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. SPECIFIC LIST OF GAMES AVAILABLE FOR FREE MAY VARY PER COUNTRY AND PLATFORM. FREE GAME LIMITED TO PLATFORM ON WHICH ASSASSIN’S CREED UNITY WAS INITIALLY PURCHASED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. YOU MUST MEET THE MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENTS, WHICH VARY BY COUNTRY, TO REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT. IN ADDITION, UBISOFT’S TERMS OF USE AS POSTED ON UBI.COM APPLY."
He mean's that buying AC Unity + the Season Pass is like two games for the price of one. He didn't buy two season passes expecting to take advantage of the offer twice.

Now I don't know what to believe. :D

[quote name="Bizzquik" post="12272526" timestamp="1417041950"]Its always just currency, right?

GameStop doesn't sell XBL/PSN digital games or DLC codes, do they?[/quote]

Last year on ac4 the season pass was just currency. This year ac unity is actually a pass code, I bought today and redeemed it as a season pass code. I stated this a few posts back.

Here's what I did ... it's possible they somehow updated the system this afternoon after I made my purchase, but these were my steps at 1:10 PM this afternoon in California -

Went into gamestop, grabbed empty box with season pass barcode on it for X1. Took to counter, he rang it up for $29.99 and it was definitely the season pass and not just $30 worth of live credit bc I went to xbox.com on my phone and redeemed it for the season pass. YMMV

Far cry 4 will be 30 soon enough like all ubisoft games, not that great of a steal. Of course if you bought season pass for AC content than its just a bonus

Serious question, why would ANYONE buy a season pass at release for msrp?

At least wait for first DLC pack to see if any of it is worth your time

So the season pass is discontinued and won't come back.  There were going to be two parts to the season pass - Dead Kings, a content expansion for Unity and China a standalone DLC game.  Dead Kings will be now free for all Unity owners.  China will still be released as a standalone (similar to Freedom Cry for AC4), season pass holders will get it free others will pay probably $14.99 or $19.99.  Freedom Cry regularly discounted down to $9.99 all the time.

Sooo... I don't get why all you people are rushing to gamestop to pay $30 for a season pass.  You'll get a digital copy of Far Cry 4 or Watch Dogs, but who knows when.  Plus the china AC5 DLC which isn't going to release for 3-6 months.  Just seems weird so many of you guys are rushing out to basically give Ubisoft $30.

AC Unity for $30 and Far Cry 4 for $30 ... seems pretty clear. Yes, they will someday both be $30 ... but I don't feel like waiting and good luck getting them both digitally for that price any time soon.

I'm shopping at Target right now. I just picked up an AC: U season pass and redeemed it successfully on ameriward.com. It absolutely gave me the season pass when I redemeed it on Xbox.com. Perfect since that's the platform I wanted it on. :)

If you need one, Target is the place to get it. The GameStop next door wouldn't sell me one anymore.

Last year on ac4 the season pass was just currency. This year ac unity is actually a pass code, I bought today and redeemed it as a season pass code. I stated this a few posts back.
Thanks for the reply. Good to know.

Know of any other games/DLC being sold (rather than just its PSN/XBL currency-equivalent)...?

[quote name="Bizzquik" post="12272694" timestamp="1417044672"]Thanks for the reply. Good to know.

Know of any other games/DLC being sold (rather than just its PSN/XBL currency-equivalent)...?[/quote]

Well someone said above xbl was currency. I got psn this year and it was not currency, so maybe it's psn only which could be true bc Amazon sells the season passes for psn .

So buy a shitty game, and then by the shitty game's season pass, and then you actually get a decent game in exchange. Hilarious Ubisoft.

Thanks to those that got it from target. After you said you got it I went back to the website and found it. Thanks

Thanks to those that got it from target. After you said you got it I went back to the website and found it. Thanks

Far cry 4 will be 30 soon enough like all ubisoft games, not that great of a steal. Of course if you bought season pass for AC content than its just a bonus

Serious question, why would ANYONE buy a season pass at release for msrp?

At least wait for first DLC pack to see if any of it is worth your time
Here's why I would (I didnt pay MSRP).

Firstly, the content this year tantalized me. I don't really give a shit about in-game stuff. Items, blah. The missions are ok, but w/e. Thats the thing, they showed us what we were getting for the most part pre-release.

The pass originally came with Dead Kings (not out yet), which is basically the Freedom Cry/Tyranny of George Washington of this game. Its a whole other campaign in an area not even on the map in the vanilla game, so its going to be something totally new. It also comes with another game called AC Chronicles China, which is a 2.5D sidescroller that from what Ive seen of, I cannot wait to play and may be more excited for it than even Unity. The pass for me I got cheaply as I had credit to spend that I had built up. Dead Kings (before it went free to all owners) was going to be 14.99. China Chronicles will be 19.99. I saved on those two by getting the pass. I'm not even getting in to how much I actually spent to get the pass, but I can see why someone would buy it MSRP.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/22/6827625/assassins-creed-chronicles-china-assassins-creed-unity

There's a video on this page that shows the season pass stuff.

NOW with this change, everyone who owns Unity is getting Dead Kings, ok throw that out. However, Season Pass owners are still getting AC China for free + the items/missions the season pass came with and now a free game with some pretty decent choices to choose from. It was a pretty cush deal at the end of the day.

Ubicrap's apology for having you buy a $60 POS?

They'll give you one of their other POS for free.

Not sure if this really is a good apology. I'd want a refund and a promise they will finish their games next time, under penalty of death of the CEO if its not done.
This apology is actually a win. Ubisoft LOSES money by releasing a shoddy product (from what I've read) and giving out a pretty top tier game to make up for it. Next time Ubisoft (and hopefully other companies) will not want egg on their face and will hopefully make some changes. Kudos to Ubisoft for doing something worthwhile. Now it's 343 Industries turn.

So wait, is the season pass sold at Target the actual pass, or just XBL credit. Im sorry, I tried ready some past posts on,the threat, but got confused a bit. And even if we buy it now, we will get a "free" game out of it?

So the season pass is discontinued and won't come back. There were going to be two parts to the season pass - Dead Kings, a content expansion for Unity and China a standalone DLC game. Dead Kings will be now free for all Unity owners. China will still be released as a standalone (similar to Freedom Cry for AC4), season pass holders will get it free others will pay probably $14.99 or $19.99. Freedom Cry regularly discounted down to $9.99 all the time.

Sooo... I don't get why all you people are rushing to gamestop to pay $30 for a season pass. You'll get a digital copy of Far Cry 4 or Watch Dogs, but who knows when. Plus the china AC5 DLC which isn't going to release for 3-6 months. Just seems weird so many of you guys are rushing out to basically give Ubisoft $30.
Don't forget, we get to trade in ACU for 43.50 and still get free game and AC:china to play without disc!

So wait, is the season pass sold at Target the actual pass, or just XBL credit. Im sorry, I tried ready some past posts on,the threat, but got confused a bit. And even if we buy it now, we will get a "free" game out of it?
The season pass for XBOX One at Target is the ACTUAL season pass. Just redeemed one about half an hour ago myself. It's $29.99 and an actual AC Unity season pass.

I'd assume we'll get the free game out of it. After all, I'm sure some of these were sold in time for Christmas presents, - which is why you have a while to redeem the free game - March, 2015. I *personally* am not going to lose sleep over it either way, but I'd guess the free game is ours.

Thanks for that tip. I took a leap too and just bought the digital copy from Newegg.

Edit: I just noticed the post above me. FML. Saw that too late. Could've gotten Black Flag included for the same price.

This is actually an awesome deal for those who bought the Season Pass before it was announced. I'm not going to risk buying it now and getting burned, but getting Far Cry 4 for free is pretty sweet.

Would be disappointing if there's some sort of stipulation that you had to have activated the Season Pass prior to today, but I guess that's part of the excitement of getting unplanned deals. At that point, you could always make the argument at the store that the season pass wasn't honored ... but that gets into the whole manipulative, ungrateful customer category.

I'll be interested to see how things play out ...

For anyone who picked up the physical season pass, did it look like this, not sure if it's currency or the season pass: 

8ae9deee80daf320b667253160c8551f.jpg

bread's done
Back