FREE SHIFT codes for Borderlands 2! good for limited time - Dec 17 GET FIVE KEYS!

[quote name='slowdive21']Hmm, I guess I should have sold my BB DLC.[/QUOTE]

Most are selling for $25 which is amazing to me.

[quote name='r3dreck']Most are selling for $25 which is amazing to me.[/QUOTE]

It's probably because of the vault hunter relic and the golden key, since keys are non transferrable. IDK, I might sell mine. The mechromancer is only supposed to be 9.99 and I have 4 or 5 keys right now. I heard everything else is junk.

[quote name='OlDirtyBastard']Doesnt the best buy just come with key and the mechro? How does that equal $25?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what BB had, GS had the best which was the dome, mechromancer, relic, key, etc... been watching the auctions some go as high as $25. One seller has 20+ codes. I had mine preordered via amazon, they removed my game day release so I cancelled and preordered it from GS, went to pick it up, found out that they didn't want to give me the bonuses since I preordered a couple days before release... I complained and didn't get it. oh well.

[quote name='OlDirtyBastard']Scalpers of the video game world? Scalpers are the lowest of the low.[/QUOTE]

yup. Bet a few of those guys work at GS. Looking at one, guy has sold 107 at $20 a pop.

[quote name='r3dreck']ya really, stupid GS screwed me out of mine. Which is probably being sold now on there.[/QUOTE]

Why are you bitching and griping?
If you honestly got screwed over and can't get it resolved
Contact 2k Support.

Heres what you will need.

1. Photo/scan of the receipt for the game
2. Photo of the physical disc/box accompanied by your email address written on a piece of paper in the photo
3. Photo/scan of the DLC card/Receipt with the code clearly displayed
4. The activation serial key typed into the text body of the request
5. The platform for this game

If you don't have the items mentioned just explain the situation.
It may take a while for them to respond.
but if you don't have anything to lose. why not.
they review on a case by case basis.

[quote name='pandiosity']Why are you bitching and griping?
Contact 2k Support.

2. Photo of the physical disc/box accompanied by your email address written on a piece of paper in the photo

they review on a case by case basis.[/QUOTE]

Not bitching at all just saying what happened... sucks but, again, oh well. I don't want to bother with all that nonsense. The game is great, I have the season pass, and gonna play the crap out of the DLC when released. I am just not buying the extras.

[quote name='r3dreck']yup. Bet a few of those guys work at GS.[/QUOTE]
Just like ticket scalpers work for ticketbastard, if you couldn't tell, I really hate scalpers

[quote name='r3dreck']Not bitching at all just saying what happened... sucks but, again, oh well. I don't want to bother with all that nonsense. The game is great, I have the season pass, and gonna play the crap out of the DLC when released. I am just not buying the extras.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for coming out harsh. But its your right. You deserve what you were promised. If you have a receipt and proof why not. just generate a ticket.
Least they could do is say no. I got response from them asking for for this stuff when I contacted them about the issue.

[quote name='OlDirtyBastard']Just like ticket scalpers work for ticketbastard, if you couldn't tell, I really hate scalpers[/QUOTE]

ha, well I doubt they make a whole lot there so why not... 107 @ $20 = $2140 before PP/ebay fees. A nice haul.

[quote name='pandiosity']Sorry for coming out harsh. But its your right. You deserve what you were promised. If you have a receipt and proof why not. just generate a ticket.
Least they could do is say no. I got response from them asking for for this stuff when I contacted them about the issue.[/QUOTE]

ah too much work for a dome I doubt I'd play... might play the mech but I doubt I still have the receipt anyhow. I just don't go to that GS anymore, I used to know most of the guys there after going for many many years. They would hand me stuff even if I didn't buy that particular game. If it was DLC codes and I was never gonna get the game I'd just pop them up on here or give them to buds. I switched to amazon about a year or more ago for the bonuses ($10-20 and DLC), 99 cent release day ship, and no tax but they stopped almost all that so I started to hit that GS again... found out all the people I knew are gone. MS store has some nice deals so might start doing them but they are limited to certain games.

[quote name='OlDirtyBastard']As a long time gamer/ former GS employee, ALWAYS slip the receipt into the game's box. Especially when buying used.[/QUOTE]

Ya I do the same with used... New I typically toss ha

Getting really off topic now but... I preordered Dishonored a couple days ago so curious to see if I get the bonuses from the new shop, and if they start popping on ebay. ha.

[quote name='pandiosity']Hopefully it will devalue the price of the Premiere Club DLC on ebay.[/QUOTE]

That should stop now/soon then. I just checked PSN and the Premiere Club DLC is $9.99 (maybe it only shows it since I have it? But I see it).

Which brings the question, will the Mechromancer have a separate $9.99 listing? Because premiere gets mechro, gold key, and vault hunter relic in one already.

From what I have read at least in regards to the Mechromancer dlc on the pc, it comes with 2 gold guns, the vault hunter relic, and a gold key. So basically they are buying the premier club. I have a feeling that this was the way of getting people to buy BL2 new vs preowned.

A user by the name of Pwny mentioned this on another part of the forum

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/P...a-ee17-47be-bd3a-368054d51c6b?cid=majornelson

The Borderlands 2 Premiere Club features a number of extra in-game content, including the Gearbox Gold Gun Pack, a Golden Key, which unlocks rare items in the mysterious Sanctuary Loot Chest, a Vault Hunter’s Relic, which boosts gear-hunting fortune, and the Mechromancer, a 5th playable character class, when she becomes available.

This will so kill those scalpers on ebay. :)
Also only people who preordered the game got the DLC for free, those who preorded thru gamestop got that dome dlc thing as well. Anybody after that got nothing but the game.

[quote name='pandiosity']A user by the name of Pwny mentioned this on another part of the forum

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/P...a-ee17-47be-bd3a-368054d51c6b?cid=majornelson

The Borderlands 2 Premiere Club features a number of extra in-game content, including the Gearbox Gold Gun Pack, a Golden Key, which unlocks rare items in the mysterious Sanctuary Loot Chest, a Vault Hunter’s Relic, which boosts gear-hunting fortune, and the Mechromancer, a 5th playable character class, when she becomes available.

This will so kill those scalpers on ebay. :)
Also only people who preordered the game got the DLC for free, those who preorded thru gamestop got that dome dlc thing as well. Anybody after that got nothing but the game.[/QUOTE]

Yup, can buy it straight from them now, not just a pre-order bonus anymore. Also, that golden gun pack SUCKS. The sniper is ok for a bit, since you don't find a sniper rifle for a bit, but the starting pistol is better than the rifle and smg haha

[quote name='pandiosity']Why are you bitching and griping?
Contact 2k Support.

If you don't have the items mentioned just explain the situation.
It may take a while for them to respond.
but if you don't have anything to lose. why not.
they review on a case by case basis.[/QUOTE]

I did this when I didn't receive a premiere club dlc key from a retailer that was participating in it, my friend ordered it at the same site and he did get it. I didn't, I contacted their support and they told me to go back to the retailer I got it from. So they didn't really help me at all..
I got a lousy card game and T-shirt from the retailer.. yay... :/

[quote name='Proxx']I did this when I didn't receive a premiere club dlc key from a retailer that was participating in it, my friend ordered it at the same site and he did get it. I didn't, I contacted their support and they told me to go back to the retailer I got it from. So they didn't really help me at all..
I got a lousy card game and T-shirt from the retailer.. yay... :/[/QUOTE]

Like I stated before, "you don't have anything to lose. why not."
I figure if I do it and succeed good for me. I do it and don't succeed, at least I annoyed them and wasted as much of their time as I could and likely I'm not going to buying from them in the future if I can help it.

But the whole point is there is an option other than rolling over and giving up.
Weather the outcome is good who knows.

[quote name='watcher0']So can anyone tell me if the Season Pass thing includes the Premier Club or at least the Mechromancer?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it does.

[quote name='watcher0']So can anyone tell me if the Season Pass thing includes the Premier Club or at least the Mechromancer?[/QUOTE]

Randy Pitchford said the season pass will include the 4 premium campaign dlcs, nothing else.

The "surprise" was the Mechromancer DLC early release, not shift codes

hopefully now that its release they will go back to giving more shift codes

[quote name='koalak']The "surprise" was the Mechromancer DLC early release, not shift codes

hopefully now that its release they will go back to giving more shift codes[/QUOTE]

They will but not nearly as often, they only did a lot in that short amount of time to test the load of information they could bare with all the key activations in a time span.

[quote name='Malibuu']They will but not nearly as often, they only did a lot in that short amount of time to test the load of information they could bare with all the key activations in a time span.[/QUOTE]

So rare in fact some nutbar is bidding $31.00 for a code for a golden key. LOL.
search ebay.com for: Borderlands-2-GOLDEN-KEY-CODE-for-XBOX-360-from-Gearbox-Community-Day or item number 221137446362

[quote name='pandiosity']So rare in fact some nutbar is bidding $31.00 for a code for a golden key. LOL.
search ebay.com for: Borderlands-2-GOLDEN-KEY-CODE-for-XBOX-360-from-Gearbox-Community-Day or item number 221137446362[/QUOTE]

hmm, I will have to market my preorder bonus like that. Plus mine comes with the 9.99 DLC character, so I should charge $41 ;)

[quote name='Malibuu']They will but not nearly as often, they only did a lot in that short amount of time to test the load of information they could bare with all the key activations in a time span.[/QUOTE]

It seems like the Pirate's Booty DLC is coming out October 16th, so they are really busy working on that.

Still, I hope they have time to shoot out a few keys in the meantime :)

[quote name='koalak']It seems like the Pirate's Booty DLC is coming out October 16th, so they are really busy working on that.[/QUOTE]

Given the nature of Microsoft's certification process, I imagine next week's DLC has been done for a while and they're working on bug fixes and/or the 2nd or 3rd DLC.

[quote name='bitterbuffalo']PSN: CJWJJ-HR5Z3-6ST5J-S3WBT-6TJWZ
360: CJWJJ-HR5W6-3RX3R-K6TBT-6TJHT
WinPC: K3CT3-X3BHH-XT3JB-TBJJT-T5BRF[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update!

bread's done
Back