Free Snow White Steelbook w/pre-order at Best Buy

fuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I know how much everybody likes steelbooks here. I did not see this mentioned yet :)

Best Buy is giving out a steelbook free with the pre-order of Snow White either on BD or DVD. They have the offer online, but I picked it up in-store today.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat190600050017

You get the steelbook right then and there if you do this in-store and you have to put a $7.50 deposit down on the movie. Just be sure they scan the correct UPC for your choice of format. The case itself is the same height as a blu-ray case but lacks any logo on it.

Very nice in person. Dunno if a group buy is wanted/needed since this is US. But if so then somebody else will have to round that up.

edit - Best Buy is now doing the same deal for the movie "Up". The case is THICK, not sure how many discs it holds, maybe 4?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Justin42']Had a bizarre experience, clerk didn't know how to do it correctly and only scanned the Bluray pre-sale code, not the steelbook case UPC itself (receipt only shows the 9425721 pre-sell) . I pointed it out and she looked at me like I was insane. She asked the other cashier who similarly told me it was right, you just scan the bluray UPC code. They even read the directions saying to scan both and told me they were right.

I guess as long as I get the proper credit on pickup it's ok.

(gotta love the typo on the front-- you can buy either the "Blu-ray + DVD Combo pack" or the "DVD + Blu-Ray Combo pack". Decisions, decisions!) [/QUOTE]

not really a typo. There is a blu-ray + dvd set & a dvd+ blu-ray set that will be released the same day. Just depends on what kind of case you want.

blu-ray http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9374483&st=snow+white&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=24574

dvd http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9374875&st=snow+white&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=24574

[quote name='Demolition Man']The BBY location I stopped at today had at least 20+ of these sitting around. I suspect that stores that are out of stock will eventually get more in.[/QUOTE]

I see reports that employees are telling some people that they aren't getting any more in. Don't count on any more chances.

:whistle2:k

Saw 7 at my local store today. They only had 5 yesterday and their database showed -3 in stock. Clerk was puzzled at the -3 too.

[quote name='darkdaze73']not really a typo. There is a blu-ray + dvd set & a dvd+ blu-ray set that will be released the same day. Just depends on what kind of case you want.

blu-ray http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9374483&st=snow+white&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=24574

dvd http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9374875&st=snow+white&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=24574[/QUOTE]

Ok, now I'm confused (not hard to do)... the DVD comes with a Bluray, and the Bluray comes with a DVD?

[quote name='Justin42']Ok, now I'm confused (not hard to do)... the DVD comes with a Bluray, and the Bluray comes with a DVD?[/QUOTE]

I think it means that they both are the same (both come with a bluray disc and a regular dvd disc). Only difference is if you want the traditional dvd case or a bluray case.

I paid $7.50 for my pre-order of Snow White and I got the steelbook case for it. What will happen if I never pick-up my pre-order on October 6? I'm assuming I can still keep the steelbook case? I figure I'd tell the cashier that I want to pre-order the item just so I'd only pay $7.50 for the steelbook case.

[quote name='SakBee']I paid $7.50 for my pre-order of Snow White and I got the steelbook case for it. What will happen if I never pick-up my pre-order on October 6? I'm assuming I can still keep the steelbook case?[/quote]
Nope, they'll send out a repo man to repossess it. :roll:

Of course you can keep it. But seriously, you don't want to pay the extra $8.49 to actually get the movie?

[quote name='manthing']If your BB put the steelcase on the shelves, be sure to look for crumpled corners before you buy.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean. I carefully selected my two as I always do. I'm just not so sure everyone is as anal as we are.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Of course you can keep it. But seriously, you don't want to pay the extra $8.49 to actually get the movie?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no kidding and you actually get 2 discs of the movie. I'm keeping the BD and giving the DVD to the burn unit of a local children's hospital.

[quote name='parKer']I'm ... giving the DVD to the burn unit of a local children's hospital.[/QUOTE]

emotshobon.gif

[quote name='mrhappi79']I know exactly what you mean. I carefully selected my two as I always do. I'm just not so sure everyone is as anal as we are.[/QUOTE]

Same. The cashier picked mine up, put it next to her ear, and started shaking it violently while saying, "What IS this? This got a movie in it? What's in here?" I told her it's just a metal case and she still kept shaking it. She stopped when I finally said, "Please stop doing that. It's hurting my ears."

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Of course you can keep it. But seriously, you don't want to pay the extra $8.49 to actually get the movie?[/QUOTE]

So wait a second... you mean to tell me that $14.99 is the total price for the Blu-Ray set at BBY? According to the employee I talked to she said the real price is $34.99.

[quote name='Demolition Man']So wait a second... you mean to tell me that $14.99 is the total price for the Blu-Ray set at BBY? According to the employee I talked to she said the real price is $34.99.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the coupon.

Pay $7.50 up front for the pre-order/steelbook, subtract the $10 Disney coupon, so you have $8.49 left to pay come October 6.

The real price is $25.99.

[quote name='parKer']Don't forget the coupon.

Pay $7.50 up front for the pre-order/steelbook, subtract the $10 Disney coupon, so you have $8.49 left to pay come October 6.

The real price is $25.99 total.[/QUOTE]

Already got the coupon. The store I stopped at had $14.99 below where they had the steelbooks. An employee saw me grab one which is when I got informed about the $34.99 tidbit. I'm guessing either she was guessing on the price or was misinformed on the price.

Still I suspect Toys R Us will do their usual buy one get one half off promotion when Snow White comes out. We'll see but even then $7.50 for the steelbook case isn't too bad.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Already got the coupon. The store I stopped at had $14.99 below where they had the steelbooks. An employee saw me grab one which is when I got informed about the $34.99 tidbit. I'm guessing either she was guessing on the price or was misinformed on the price.

Still I suspect Toys R Us will do their usual buy one get one half off promotion when Snow White comes out. We'll see but even then $7.50 for the steelbook case isn't too bad.[/QUOTE]

Would the Disney coupon work if TRU has that promo? The fine print says "Coupon may not be ... used in conjunction with any other offer."

[quote name='parKer']Would the Disney coupon work if TRU has that promo? The fine print says "Coupon may not be ... used in conjunction with any other offer."[/QUOTE]

Those coupons.com coupons worked earlier this year when TRU was running a 'Buy ___ and get $10 off ____' deal.

That's how I got 2 copies of Bolt :br: for $20
then sold one on Amazon for a $15 profit

[quote name='parKer']Would the Disney coupon work if TRU has that promo? The fine print says "Coupon may not be ... used in conjunction with any other offer."[/QUOTE]If it scans and takes off the $10, it tends not to be an issue.

I've used the Disney coupons at Target, TRU and Best Buy and the only one with any issues on using the coupon was Best Buy, and they just had to do a couple extra steps.

TRU, not an issue, it'll scan and take off the $10.

If I find a better deal and just want the steelbook, and I don't pick up my pre-order what happens to my deposit?

[quote name='shadowrage']If I find a better deal and just want the steelbook, and I don't pick up my pre-order what happens to my deposit?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy makes about $7.50.

Picked one up today and pre-ordered the Blu Ray case version. Now I'm wondering if I should've gotten the DVD case version since I plan to use this steelbook. I think it'd make more sense to just leave the DVD in the original case.

Btw did anyone else have to pay for tax? It seems like whenever I preorder something from Best Buy they always include tax and don't deduct it from the total.

Are these supposed to be rare? Why is everyone picking up multiple copies? My high traffic Best Buy in the Bay Area has at least 7 of these on the racks. If I know anything about the Silicon Valley... there are generally tons of hoarders around here so it's surprising to see these still around.

[quote name='parKer']Don't forget the coupon.

The real price is $25.99.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, definitely think I'm going to get this now.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']Picked one up today and pre-ordered the Blu Ray case version. Now I'm wondering if I should've gotten the DVD case version since I plan to use this steelbook. I think it'd make more sense to just leave the DVD in the original case.[/QUOTE]

There's only one steelbook case. The DVD individual release for Snow White doesn't come out until November 24th.

Edit: I didn't realize until looking at Amazon that Disney is doing TWO releases of Snow White on October 6th. Both will be the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack but the only difference is one will be in a Blu-Ray case while the other is in a DVD case. Then there's the DVD only release on November 24th. Talk about making a good way to confuse the fuck out of people there Disney.

[quote name='Demolition Man']There's only one steelbook case. The DVD individual release for Snow White doesn't come out until November 24th.

Edit: I didn't realize until looking at Amazon that Disney is doing TWO releases of Snow White on October 6th. Both will be the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack but the only difference is one will be in a Blu-Ray case while the other is in a DVD case. Then there's the DVD only release on November 24th. Talk about making a good way to confuse the fuck out of people there Disney.[/QUOTE]

It was all explained on page 3 of this thread. Same with the October 6 date. Just sayin'... ;)

Just placed an order online for the steelbook, since my local BB shows OOS and instore pickup for the bluray. $30.34 and I can use the coupon to make the total $20.34 when released.

[quote name='Wanderlai']Just placed an order online for the steelbook, since my local BB shows OOS and instore pickup for the bluray. $30.34 and I can use the coupon to make the total $20.34 when released.[/QUOTE]You'll have to do a return and rebuy on the order when you get it, since you can't use the coupon when you pick up the order.

I picked up one last night at my bestbuy here in AZ, they had a bunch of them left and their employees were very confused about the entire process. I am pretty excited about the 10$ off coupon though, that is awesome. It was a pain in the but to print off but finally got it. Thanks.

[quote name='parKer']It was all explained on page 3 of this thread. Same with the October 6 date. Just sayin'... ;)[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Ya'll have to excuse me since I'm getting "old" and all. ;)

I grabbed one last night too. Nobody in the store knew about it, but thankfully I know some people there and they helped me track them down.

Anyone have either a scan of the coupon, or advice for getting it from the disney site? Try as I might, I keep putting the upc from the old vhs copy, and it keeps just telling me that it doesn't exist.

Did you try entering 786936150605 for the old DVD?

Also, I don't think a coupon scan will work. I printed out 2 and their bar codes were different.

I didn't try that number, but I will, in case it works better than the vhs one I'm trying. It's probably something stupid like me not putting in a space or I added a number or something.
Thanks for the infos on the coupons. Didn't realize they'd be unique, but it's good to know.

I picked 2 steel cases yesterday and still ton of them left (Independence, MO). The cashier rang up DVD version (I told them i wants BLU RAY version). $16.XX for 2 and hope Nebraska Furnituremart have Snow White on sale under $20 so i can do pricematch & use $10 off :)

So I noticed on my receipt that I was charged $14.99 rather than $7.50 (I was buying a couple other things and didn't notice) ... that means I'll be able to apply the full $14.99 to the blu-ray when it's released in October right? And with the $10 off coupon I should end up paying another couple bucks out of pocket total right?

[quote name='etcrane']So I noticed on my receipt that I was charged $14.99 rather than $7.50 (I was buying a couple other things and didn't notice) ... that means I'll be able to apply the full $14.99 to the blu-ray when it's released in October right? And with the $10 off coupon I should end up paying another couple bucks out of pocket total right?[/QUOTE]

It means they didn't do the transaction properly. They should have scanned the BD -or- DVD code ($7.50), and then the Steelbook code ($14.99). The computer will then take off the $14.99 charge. It should be $7.50 + $14.99 - $14.99 = $7.50.

At least, that's how it was when I got it... I made sure to read the instructions for the cashier myself and make the cashier follow them, because they don't do it themselves. :roll:

Either way though, because it blatantly states the item is a pre-order bonus, I should be able to have them apply the full $14.99 towards the Blu-ray even though they didn't do it properly I'm assuming. I'm just paying more now rather than paying more later ... the receipt even says Pre-sell Snow White, so I can't see how they would argue with me over this.

[quote name='etcrane']Either way though, because it blatantly states the item is a pre-order bonus, I should be able to have them apply the full $14.99 towards the Blu-ray even though they didn't do it properly I'm assuming. I'm just paying more now rather than paying more later ... the receipt even says Pre-sell Snow White, so I can't see how they would argue with me over this.[/QUOTE]

possibly, but pre-order bonuses are left over all the time, they may argue it in a month. bring it back and have them do it correctly. jsut be nice about it and say it doesnt state that you actually pre-ordered it.

Actually I snagged another one tonight to attempt and offset the cost of the bluray when it comes out, and they receipts almost read identically except for the part on the second where it shows the cost of the case is negated by the pre-order. However both say Snow White pre-sell, so I don't see it being an issue ... it's probably just more appealing for people to pay $7.50 now, rather than $14.99. As long as I go in on Day 1, I'm guessing I'll be alright but thanks for the answers.

bread's done
Back