Free Snow White Steelbook w/pre-order at Best Buy

fuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I know how much everybody likes steelbooks here. I did not see this mentioned yet :)

Best Buy is giving out a steelbook free with the pre-order of Snow White either on BD or DVD. They have the offer online, but I picked it up in-store today.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat190600050017

You get the steelbook right then and there if you do this in-store and you have to put a $7.50 deposit down on the movie. Just be sure they scan the correct UPC for your choice of format. The case itself is the same height as a blu-ray case but lacks any logo on it.

Very nice in person. Dunno if a group buy is wanted/needed since this is US. But if so then somebody else will have to round that up.

edit - Best Buy is now doing the same deal for the movie "Up". The case is THICK, not sure how many discs it holds, maybe 4?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='token2k6']man, everyone is getting me down w/ all this PMing and coupons, only paying $3.XX!!! Had I been more on top of things, I would have tried too, oh well, I'm watching it now. [/QUOTE]

Go do the same thing, then return your unopened copy you just bought against your expensive receipt.

Absolutely no problems at Best Buy with the pricematch, coupon and preorder ... PLUS I got a free replica Poster of the original Movie Poster. I did not even have to go to the Customer Service counter.

Total (including preorder): $10.98 for Blu-ray/DVD, Steelbook and Vintage 1958 Poster replica

... they didn't scan my preorder ticket either. They just entered it as $7.50 off manually. ... which could be dangerous in unethical hands.

My Best Buy had no problem PMing the TRU deal and accepting the coupon, so I got the movie for $9.99 and the steelbook with a clear conscience.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I printed out part of the tru ad, brought it in and got a PM. I am still not sure why we had to pay tax on the steelbook.[/QUOTE]
Did you print it from the TRU site? Because thats where I got it, and you can barely read what it says because its so small.

My wife picked up our preorder this evening. She walked in, asked if she could pricematch and the clerk called TRU to confirm it was in stock. Once that was out of the way, everything else went through without a hitch. $3.34 out the door ($7.50 paid on the steelbook/preorder last month).

I head to threaten to get the manager today for them to accept the disney rewards $10 off coupon. BB has been pissing me off lately.

I went to best buy and had them PM Toys R Us. I picked up a copy of the ad and it says that if you buy snow white and another select disney movie, you get a $15 GC too. I beleive the choices were pinnochio, sleeping beauty, enchanted, and something else. I went with enchanted cuz I had a Reward Zone coupon ^^

Total:
Snow White - $20 (including steelbook preorder)
Enchanted - $30
Gift Card - (-$15)
Coupon - (-10)
RewardZone coupon (-$15)
Total: $10

not too shabby ^^

I went to Best Buy about an hour ago, and made them price match TRU website and use the coupon for $10 off. Only cost me $3 out the door after my pre-order.

The lady seemed a bit annoyed but it was fine and I told her sorry for the trouble.

[quote name='MotzCTG']I went to Best Buy about an hour ago, and made them price match TRU website and use the coupon for $10 off. Only cost me $3 out the door after my pre-order.

The lady seemed a bit annoyed but it was fine and I told her sorry for the trouble.[/QUOTE]
You should have really pushed it and made them match the $5 GC.

Picked mine up today @ BB in Adelanto, CA for $3.58 with tax after PM with TRU website. It took a while for him to look it up due to constant freezing on the TRU website but walked off using the $10 Coupon and reducing it to that price. I thank him and walked away happy. :whistle2:D Good experience for me today.

Damn, I was really planning to pick this up and flip it to some poor Disney sap for twice what I paid ... but after actually reading about the Blu ray and all the animation studio features (it freaking has the skeleton dance and steamboat willie as extras) I think I'm gonna have to keep the damn thing for myself ... so much for making money on that ;-)

[quote name='ZR0 Limit']I got hassled at the Valley Stream/Green Acres BBY here in NY. I bring the disc up to CS, tell the girl that I have a preorder on it, then that I'd like to price match the TRU ad, and that I also had a coupon to use on it. So she takes the ad and coupon, looks at the TRU deal, and tells me that I can't use the coupon and get a pm, that it's one or the other. I question her as to why and she says that that's how they work with special offers. I tell her it's a manufacturer's coupon and no where does it state I can't use it. She then proceeds to call a supervisor.

So another girl shows up, the CSR tells her what was going on, and pretty much the same thing happens. One or the other and that they don't take coupons on special offers/sale items. I said that's not right because this isn't a Best Buy coupon sent to my home from them. Had it been one of those 10% off coupons, then fine, I know how that goes, but this isn't. This was straight from Disney. I dunno if it was because she heard that or if it was because she finally saw the blurb about going to snowwhiteoffer.com in the TRU ad for the coupon, but she said that I was right, explained to the CSR what to do, and apologized.

So in the end, the CSR did the price match, applied the preorder amount, then the coupon, and when all was said and done I only paid $3.57 after tax. Somehow some RZ certs were applied ($1 off the preorder price, and another off the pm price) but I guess that's because I used some RZ coupons on Sunday on another purchase that included the steelbook.[/QUOTE]

This is very close to my experience Wednesday. (Wouldn't allow a pm and a coupon. Didn't know how to deal with a preorder.) It's maddening how so many BB employees are uninformed about these promotions and policies. I ended up dealing with the same supervisor that complicated my TRU Scribblenauts PM a few weeks back; I'm sure he hates me now.

They eventually (and oddly, in my opinion) adjusted the item price down to $2.49 and never did take the coupon.

Well, at least it's over and done now...hey, wait, what's this about an exclusive BB Up steelbook preorder?
Oh, no...

The BB (where I work) wouldn't allow the coupon + price match...so I returned my pre-order, and ended up getting two copies on Amazon for $19.98 total.
How is this blu-ray selling for so crazy-cheap?

And I got to keep the steelbook, of course.

i did the same thing. my bb wouldnt let me price match and use the coupon. then i told them to use the coupon then they thought it was a fraud coupon. i ended up getting my money back and decided to purchase on amazon. i have to wait now till next week tnough. oh well. at least i got the steelbook for free for all of that trouble. maybe i should try toysrus?

It took three ppl to figure out how to ring up the pre-order at my BB. And then they called WM when I tried to do the pm and the person over at WM told them it was 24.96 even though I had a printout of the local ad for that WM. The cashier said that maybe it was a "local online ad". I was like wtf? So i had to drive 5 minutes to the local WM, bought a copy using one of the cpns I had, take the receipt back to BB and show it them.

Then I had to argue to get them to pm & use the cpn. One of the CS reps said it had to be one or the other. Then i told her other BB's were taking them, why couldn't they take it? She said "let me go check". Came back 5-7 min. later and said "we usually don't do this, but we will do it this one time". I was thinking, yeah, do it this time cuz I won't be back. ever.

I don't think I'll be doing the Up steelbook pre-order. Not worth the hassle.

[quote name='mhnajjar']SDC, you kept the Steelbook for free? You have already paid $7.50 to get it right? so did they refund you that money?[/QUOTE]

I kept the steelbook, yeah, though that is YMMV too.

Seeing as I'm a BB employee, I guess I'll let you guys know:

The official policy really IS that we can't PM and use a coupon (even if it is a manufacturer's coupon). Some people don't care, but don't get pissed off at employees who shoot you down. They are just doing their jobs, y'know?

I had the same experience as most of you had with mine.

Walked into BB armed with my coupons and printout of the TRU ad. There was a display as soon as you walk in, which saved me the hassle of having to walk back to the movie section. Grabbed my 3 copies, and proceeded to the CS counter.

CSR#1 was a young girl, who obviously hadn't been a CSR for very long. I handed her my 3 copies of SW and told her they were pre-order copies, and that I would like to PM to TRU, then apply the coupon to each copy. I think that was more than she could handle, so she turned to CSR#2. I explained everything again. He then told me the now famous line of "I'm sorry, but we can't PM and apply a coupon. It's either one or the other." I asked why, and he said that he just can't, even with it being a manuf. coupon. So, I just told him to refund my pre-orders, and I'd just go to the TRU that was right down the street. As soon as CSR#3 overheard that, he asked what was going on. CSR#2 explained the situation, then asked CSR#3 if they could do that. CSR#3 said sure, just that it has to be an override from a supervisor.

A few minutes later I was walking out with my 3 copies, having paid $3.26 (+ pre-order of course) for each copy. Thank you CAG!

BTW, anybody need an extra SW blu-ray case? :)

So can anyone confirm this: If I don't pick up my pre-order of Snow White from Best Buy, will they just refund me my $7.50? I kind of want to keep this steelbook, but I ordered from Amazon.

Does anyone have an extra steelbook they'd be willing to part with? I had no clue about these and I'd like to get one for my gf. She LOVES Snow White.

Please PM me if you have one. Thanks!

Edit: Since this was supposed to be on pre-orders, I'm assuming that I can't pick this up in store anymore, right?

[quote name='major morgan']
Edit: Since this was supposed to be on pre-orders, I'm assuming that I can't pick this up in store anymore, right?[/QUOTE]

I would imagine that since the movie was released, any Snow White steelbooks still in BBs will ring up for $14.99 by themselves.

[quote name='manthing']I would imagine that since the movie was released, any Snow White steelbooks still in BBs will ring up for $14.99 by themselves.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Makes sense that they'd charge for it now - if they still have it. >_

[quote name='munch']So can anyone confirm this: If I don't pick up my pre-order of Snow White from Best Buy, will they just refund me my $7.50? I kind of want to keep this steelbook, but I ordered from Amazon.[/QUOTE]Multiple people earlier mention that they had no problems returning the preorder and getting their $7.50 back. According to the back of the case, it shouldn't work until October 25th to get a refund, though earlier posts indicate otherwise.

[quote name='manthing']I would imagine that since the movie was released, any Snow White steelbooks still in BBs will ring up for $14.99 by themselves.[/QUOTE]If the pre-order UPC's are still active in the system, and the steelbook UPC + DVD or BR UPC get scanned in, it should work and knock it down to $7.50 for the pre-order.

It takes the steelbook UPC and one of the other two UPC's to put in the $14.99 coupon for the $14.99 steelbook to make it zero cost.

If the two pre-order UPCs aren't working any longer, then there's no way out of it.

Can you or has anybody been able to find any steelbooks left at their local Best Buys? I wonder if you can still pick one up.

[quote name='hellmutt']I confirmed the entire refund posted back to my CC already ($8.23 including tax).[/QUOTE]

Did you return the steelbook or keep it?

[quote name='Collectordragon']Since both the Blu-Ray and DVD bundles come with a Blu-Ray and a DVD are the bundles identical other than their packaging?[/QUOTE]

yes, please read one of the many snow white threads available.

[quote name='ajh2298']Did you return the steelbook or keep it?[/QUOTE]

I kept it. They did not ask for it back, and I didn't offer it :)

i went to BB today to pick up snow white. when they scanned the $10 off coupon, it says "invalid coupon". they said they dont take it. i dont get it. u guys got no problems right?

[quote name='trunks982']i went to BB today to pick up snow white. when they scanned the $10 off coupon, it says "invalid coupon". they said they dont take it. i dont get it. u guys got no problems right?[/QUOTE]
They manually entered mine. It's a manuf. coupon, not a BB coupon, so it probably wont scan.

[quote name='trunks982']i went to BB today to pick up snow white. when they scanned the $10 off coupon, it says "invalid coupon". they said they dont take it. i dont get it. u guys got no problems right?[/QUOTE]

they have to hit total (f8) then hit f7 then enter 10.00 ... but they do take the coupon.

Starting Sunday 10/11 Best Buy is now doing the same deal for the movie "Up". The case is THICK, not sure how many discs it holds, maybe 4?

[quote name='fuss']Starting Sunday 10/11 Best Buy is now doing the same deal for the movie "Up". The case is THICK, not sure how many discs it holds, maybe 4?[/QUOTE]
Already posted by me, look it up.

[quote name='Rocko']Has anyone tried to get a preorder refund who got the steelbook but not the actual DVD/BR?[/QUOTE]

Discussed a lot in this thread. The answer is 'yes'.

It was discussed, but never tried, since the steelbook stated a date of 10/27 or something was required to do that. Hence the reason why I asked if anyone has actually pulled off the move.

bread's done
Back