Free videogame pre-order goodies at Best Buy: Uncharted 2, Ratchet 2 DLC codes + more

Purkeynator

CAGiversary!
Feedback
148 (100%)
I discovered a weird glitch at my local Best Buy in Riverdale Ut. Last week I pre-ordered a copy of Uncharted 2 with the pre-order box that comes with a code inside for gold weapons in the multiplayer mode that is active once the game is released. The pre-order was supposed to be $5 as usual, however after the cashier rang up my reward zone card the pre-order came up as free and I happily walked out with an Uncharted 2 gold weapons code at no cost.
Tonight I figured I would try my luck again and I went for the Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time pre-order box which includes a code for an "Exlusive Power Package" including a weapon skin, extra hit points, and the cryo-mine glove. Once again the pre-order rang up as $5 but as soon as the cashier scanned my rewardzone card it rang up as 0.00 and again I walked out with a a receipt and a pre-order box with code.
I am not sure why this is happening but free DLC is always alright in my book. I don't really care if I actually pick up the game upon release or not as I usually wait for prices to drop way lower than $60 and the pre-order cost me nothing. I am not sure if its the reward zone card itself, the fact that I am in the reward zone gamers club, or the fact that I am a premier silver member. However one thing I am sure of is that the sleuths on CAG with figure it out and "crack the code" in a short time. Then you can all go forth and grab them shits.

*update* September 23: Ok so I may have omitted certain details in my original post. The first purchase I made was actually 2 pre-orders of Uncharted. The second time I tried, I picked up a pre-order of Uncharted and a pre-order of Ratchet. My reasoning was that I did not want to invite the "hoarder" comments that I wrought upon myself in the penny guide thread for snatching up multiple penny guides at once back in the day. The common link the game seems to have over the dozens of comments is that you can only get two pre-orders and one of them must be Uncharted for the "glitch" to work and give you two free pre-orders. As I knew would happen, CAGs cracked the code once again. Well done.

Here is a good list of pre-order bonuses thanks to Jodou:

Here's the compiled list of pre-order bonuses:

Brutal Legend - LP sleeve to hold your game and sports some attractive artwork on the inside cover.

Halo 3: ODST - Unlock Sgt. Avery Johnson for play in the new Firefight mode.

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time - Unlock the Cryo-Mine glove exclusive weapon skin that yields extra hit points when equipped.

Tekken 6 - Laser cell and tattooed sleeve.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Unlock gold-plated versions of the Beretta and AK-47 for multi-player.

*update Oct 13* Now that Uncharted 2 has been released, many stores have pulled their remaining stock of pre-order boxes from the shelves. It has now become YMMV as to whether you will find out some left over pre-order boxes at your local Best Buy. Apparently if you can find them the deal still works.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bficky']Didn't work for me at the Dallas Best Buy (on Hwy 75). Brought Uncharted 2 and R&C2 to the counter, handed her my Reward Zone card, then Uncharted 2, then R&C2. She hit total, and it rang up $10.83. I asked her about the $10 off a game when you by U2, she said it only works with games, not preorders. I said nevermind and left. Oh well.

Did I do something wrong?[/QUOTE]

Either the deal ended... OR... that she didn't hit Total again afterwards to apply the discount.

[quote name='judgedee']Either the deal ended... OR... that she didn't hit Total again afterwards to apply the discount.[/QUOTE]

I watched the screen the whole time and I never saw a discount message pop up. Weird.

I tried for 3 uncharted and 3 brutal legend and it did not go through, no pop up message, nothing. I think this deal is dead. Corporate must have seen a sharp rise in preorders and figured it out. Best Buy has never been afraid to end a promotion like this ASAP.

[quote name='neiname']I tried for 3 uncharted and 3 brutal legend and it did not go through, no pop up message, nothing. I think this deal is dead. Corporate must have seen a sharp rise in preorders and figured it out. Best Buy has never been afraid to end a promotion like this ASAP.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up U2 and R&C for $0.00... you should try one of each, might not allow for multiple discounts in a single transaction - I've had to do multiple transactions even for coupons that said Max. 3.

Of course the cashier was telling me it would be $10.60, I asked her to look at her screen. She hit enter and said "OK then... have a nice day".

I was able to just get two UC2 for nothing they didn't have any R&C, had to ask the cashier to give me the boxes back but she did with no problem as she didn't know that they had a code inside.

Thank you very much OP! I was able to get Uncharted 2 and R&C. Feels pretty good walking out of Best Buy with something free.

I went last night and got UC2 & RC reserves for free. Got another UC2 reserve and L4D GOTY edition and it came out the way it's supposed to....19.99 for L4D and 5 bucks for UC2 reserve.

Was able to get the pre-orders for UC2 & R&C along with a few penny guides for a grand total of 4 cents! Cashier's weren't that surprised but enjoyed the fact that they sold stuff for a penny.

Picked up Uncharted 2 and Tekken 6, then Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend preorders in separate transactions. Also got a penny Resident Evil 5 CE guide. Did my best Devil Customer impression today ;)

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I went last night and got UC2 & RC reserves for free. Got another UC2 reserve and L4D GOTY edition and it came out the way it's supposed to....19.99 for L4D and 5 bucks for UC2 reserve.[/QUOTE]

Ditto for me. I got the uncharted 2 reservations & gears 2:goty edition for $19.99, but i was charged for the preorder. Thinking of going back fot the ratchet preorder & picking up halo wars for $19.99 or FNR4 for $29.99.

[quote name='c3r1h5']UC2 didn't work for me. Will be returning the pre-order tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Is it possible to cancel a preorder so soon, i wouldnt mind getting my $5 back, i have just been pre oredering to get sale games even cheaper. I buy most of my games from amazon because of e.c.a., prime, & no taxes.

[quote name='dapunisure']Ditto for me. I got the uncharted 2 reservations & gears 2:goty edition for $19.99, but i was charged for the preorder. Thinking of going back fot the ratchet preorder & picking up halo wars for $19.99 or FNR4 for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

Gotta be more than or equal to 29.99 for second order

[quote name='pram12']Gotta be more than or equal to 29.99 for second order[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, I was already subtracting the $10, halo wars is on sale for $29.99 & FNR4 is $39.99

Just got U2 and Tekken 6 preorders just a couple hours ago for free. Picked up two penny guides with them for a total of 2 cents. I think the cashiers brain exploded.

Not sure if anyones said it, but I got the preorder for Tekken with the laser cell and the receipt says if I don't pick it up I can just bring in receipt and get money back.

Do we have to be a Rewards Member thing... I'm too lazy to print out the temporary one.

And how does the Laser Cell for Tekken 6 look? Sounds cool enough...

[quote name='twztid13']can i actually pick up tekken6 pre-order for 54.99, or will they see i didnt put anything down & charge full price?[/QUOTE]

You have to take your receipt from the pre-order purchase when you pick up the game so yes they will see that you didn't pay anything and charge you full price.

[quote name='c3r1h5']UC2 didn't work for me. Will be returning the pre-order tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

You have to buy 2 pre-orders to get the deal. Not just one.

[quote name='pram12']Do we have to be a Rewards Member thing... I'm too lazy to print out the temporary one.

And how does the Laser Cell for Tekken 6 look? Sounds cool enough...[/QUOTE]

It's a nice quality cel. Here is their website: http://lasermach.com/default.html

I have several of their cels like trigun and Samurai Champloo and I really like them!

[quote name='jgiovanni']Cananyone confirm that the resident evil 5 le guides are pennied clearnace[/QUOTE]

It's been confirmed many times over in the reduced price guide thread :)

RZGC members get a bonus 250 points for preordering modern warfare 2. So you can get UC2 and MW2 and get points for paying nothing.

Thanks OP, this worked for me. Picked up preorders for Uncharted and Ratchet plus a Mirror's Edge guide, total $0.01. Thing was, I didn't have any change on me so the cashier just handed me back my dollar and seemed entertained that it all came to .01.

Feels good man.

Just scored my best DEAL OF THE WEEK and I'm not really sure why. Gamestop has Call of Juarez: BIB for 29.99. I printed that off and headed to Best Buy for a price match. While I was there I figured I would bring a reserve of Uncharted to the register with me, in hopes of getting another 10 bucks knocked off the price. I didn't figure this would work coupled with a price-match, but thought it was worth a shot. After the clerk had a supervisor okay the price-match, the box popped up for the 10 dollars off. The clerk hit the "yes" button, but it wasn't taking the 10 off. Still showed COJ as 29.99 and U2 as 5 bucks. Supervisor came back over and manually entered the 10 off and left. The clerk hit total and with tax it was only 16.16. I was very surprised, but gladly paid and left.

After getting to the car I checked out the receipt. Here's how it broke down.

30 dollars off with price match
10 dollars off for the promo
5 dollars off the U2 reserve

For some reason the 10 dollars off promo also triggered the Uncharted 2 reserve to be 5 off, or free. Anyway, I walked out with Uncharted 2 reserve free and Call of Juarez: BIB for 15 bucks plus tax.

[quote name='Estebon']RZGC members get a bonus 250 points for preordering modern warfare 2. So you can get UC2 and MW2 and get points for paying nothing.[/QUOTE]

Where do you see that? I am on the gamer's zone page, but I can't find it.

EDIT: I saw your post now!

I can confirm this is still active as of this posting, as if there was any doubt. You can do this as many times as you need to get all the freebies, but they may need to be on separate transactions. So far I've scored R&C and Brutal Legend, just need the cell from Tekken 6 next time I'm out.

Anyone have any advice on cancelling the preorders? I assume if I just walk up to the CS counter with my receipt in hand that they will cancel it and not hassle me about not getting back the box...?

If I had paid $5 and cancelled the preorder, would they also refund the $5 and let you keep the box?

How do you get a refund for a preorder that you paid for? Can you just walk up to CS and return the box, or do you wait for it to auto cancel? If it auto cancels will they give you the credit back on a credit card?

[quote name='slowdive21']How do you get a refund for a preorder that you paid for? Can you just walk up to CS and return the box, or do you wait for it to auto cancel? If it auto cancels will they give you the credit back on a credit card?[/QUOTE]

In my experience I waited past the "pick up dates" and then took the receipt back and since it was after 30 days I got my refund back on a BestBuy gift card.

Went to my local BB and picked up Uncharted and Brutal Legends preorders the cashier couldn't believe it when it ran up for $0.00, She wanted to take away both of the boxes till I made up a story about how my friend came earlier and got to keep both of them so we had to go speak to a manager and he said he didn't care so I just walked out with them :)

Hopefully gonna get in on this tomorrow. I'll grab U2 and T6, and have my girlfriend grab U2 and R&C.

Might have to go back to get Brutal Legend in there, too.

For those who are planning on returning the ones they had to pay for i returned 3 today, that i had payed for earlier in the week. All I did was take them to the cs desk and just told the girl working there. That i wanted to make a return and she asked why? So i told her i just decided i did not want them and she returned them and even gave me cash!! then i walked over to prorder section and grabbed u2 & tekken 6 for 0.00!

just wondering if anyone has seen any forza 3 preorders ? Local ad shows it as a preorder and with it , it appears to come with a code to download the Audi RS8. I would love to get that one but the 2 local best buys do not have it.

^^^Thanks for the info on the return. I haven't seen Forza at the stores I have been to either and Halo ODST has already been pulled. I did notice that most of the new preorders don't come with anything! I was hoping god of war III or Assassin's creed II would show up, but they may be a ways out.

bread's done
Back