Free Xbox 360 Games (from Trainn...who is updating slowly)

[quote name='kyleboller']new user here, just made an account to see if anyone has had the same problems when using this free xbox website.

I've applied for and seemingly completed the following offers:

Gamefly (signed up for 1 month membership which I will use to test out which free game I want to receive)
emusic.com (signed up for 1 month membership)
BugDoctor (purchased 39.95 package)
amazingwebstores (signed up and entered credit card info yet received no confirmation email and my login doesn't work)

Of all those offers, only Gamefly has been credited to my account. I understand some offers take several days or a majority of the trial periods before they are credited, but the requirements for bugdoctor and emusic.com claim that these are usually instant or 2-3 days.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had something similar to this happen (first offer is credited, subsequent offers are delayed for some time)

I'd also like to ask if your 'Click History' has any influence on your offers being credited. The Gamefly offer is the only offer that I've clicked only once. All the other offers I've had to click at least twice (for reasons related to allowing blocked pop-ups in order to read terms and conditions, being redirected to other offers, using different credit card, etc) but it's not like I've signed up for any offer twice.

Lastly, when reading the FAQ regarding filing a missing credit report, I noticed it says you must click somewhere on your Click History in order to open up a report. I have found no links at all that resemble the ones mentioned in the FAQ, do you have to wait a full seven days before the links become available?

Thanks for reading, I hope someone with similar experiences can share some information.[/quote]

Wait, you were able to do the Amazing Web Store offer today? Wtf? I thought they didn't count anymore even though yf360g left it on there...

yes, it let me open the site in firefox and let me sign up. i don't recall it letting me choose a password but i definatly entered my info. so i kinda need to know if i should call someone so they dont charge me for a service that probably doesn't exist.

I signed up to eMusic yesterday, and it brought me to a page saying I signed up successfully, and offering me a partner's ad or something. However, I still have not received an email confirmation. The sign-up didn't even include creating a password, so I have no way to log in to the website.

Oh no! Also:

[quote name='Mugen']I've google ADTERACTIVE and they seen to be some kind of scamming company that sells your info and i have come to a conclusion that they aren't even associated with emusic because when emusic charges your card it states emusic.I guess i'm going to have to call my bank.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had seen this before. I just checked my card, and sure enough, I have a charge from eMusic, as well as a .01 charge from Adteractive. Mugen, how did the rest of your story pan out?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bill Mcdougal']I signed up to eMusic yesterday, and it brought me to a page saying I signed up successfully, and offering me a partner's ad or something. However, I still have not received an email confirmation. The sign-up didn't even include creating a password, so I have no way to log in to the website.

Oh no! Also:

I wish I had seen this before. I just checked my card, and sure enough, I have a charge from eMusic, as well as a .01 charge from Adteractive. Mugen, how did the rest of your story pan out?[/QUOTE]

They charge eventually went away but i remember canceling that card just in case.

If you do the forgot your password thing on emusic you should be able to create a name password and log in the site.

FINALLY got credit for Easy Fortune 500 about a month later. Gonna order another 4000 point card and take a break from this site for awhile until good offers come up or until the Fall rush of titles flood in.

new offer:

Freedom from Alcohol
Price: $3.99
Time: 3 Days
Cancellation: Call before the 3 day trial ends or you will be billed $99.99 on the 4th day! Cancellation # is 1-866-968-3326

[quote name='Mugen']They charge eventually went away but i remember canceling that card just in case.

If you do the forgot your password thing on emusic you should be able to create a name password and log in the site.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I thought this would be the easiest trial to do (in exchange for being a bit expensive), but now I have to either cancel my card or be forever afraid of the stories I googled about them possibly signing you up for expensive subscriptions without your permission? Maybe this stuff isn't worth it.

DirecTV and Freedom From Alcohol offers have been added.

Edit: Weird, my browser didn't update with the latest posts until after I posted that...

[quote name='Wicked 12']I'm pretty sure all the Trainn sites are down. Anyone want to confirm?[/quote]

Yeah I'm not able to get to them either.

[quote name='kyleboller']signed up for ffa, hopefully it credits soon[/quote]

Yeah I wanted to do this one as fast as possible before they take it down like they've been doing lately. Hope it credits soon.

[quote name='kyleboller']god damn it i signed up for the emusic and it hasn't credited yet, going to cancel that garbage[/quote]

takes 5 days to credit, 1 day to charge and get an email. And, its a 30 day trial, so why cancel?

[quote name='hotrocks']takes 5 days to credit, 1 day to charge and get an email. And, its a 30 day trial, so why cancel?[/quote]

I guess I'll wait a few more days. The only thing is that it says you have to sign up for a full month rather than a free trial, though I'm sure you can cancel/refund by saying you werent satisfied with the service.

[quote name='argyle']Anyone tried this mylife.com? I tried searching the thread but didn't see anything...[/quote]
I haven't personally tried it but the cost is $60 for a full year...

here's a brain buster:

say I clicked on an offer twice, once to view the offer and the second time to reload the page with popups allowed (in order to view terms and conditions, etc) and successfully signed up...

...of course it would be easy to tell which of the two was the complete offer (for Missing Credit Report)

BUT, say I clicked on an offer multiple times to try different credit cards, or because I wasn't given a login the first time. Is there any way to tell which click ID was completed or should I just filed a MCR for every click?

[quote name='kyleboller']here's a brain buster:

say I clicked on an offer twice, once to view the offer and the second time to reload the page with popups allowed (in order to view terms and conditions, etc) and successfully signed up...

...of course it would be easy to tell which of the two was the complete offer (for Missing Credit Report)

BUT, say I clicked on an offer multiple times to try different credit cards, or because I wasn't given a login the first time. Is there any way to tell which click ID was completed or should I just filed a MCR for every click?[/quote]

It doesn't matter if your submit the MCR for the exact click that you used to sign up.

[quote name='Kauza']It doesn't matter if your submit the MCR for the exact click that you used to sign up.[/quote]

Agreed. I clicked Napter on 3/8 to check the T&C then again on 3/15 to complete the offer. When I filed the MCR I clicked the 8th by mistake and the MCR still went through without a hitch.

I got my free book from Book of the Month club and Herbalife bottle this past Friday. Does anyone know what I should do to return each item? I tried emailing BOTM earlier today about exactly what I need to do to cancel, and haven't heard back from them yet.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Reposting since there is a new page:

I got my free book from Book of the Month club this past Friday. Does anyone (maybe you Flux?) know what I should do to return each item? I tried emailing BOTM earlier today about exactly what I need to do to cancel, and haven't heard back from them yet. I'm afraid to just write "return to sender" on the box, and have them claim that they never received it without some sort of RMA# or confirmation of cancellation.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Is it me or Freedom from Alcohol isn't working?

This is what I get: "The offer or creative has expired, you need to get Approval for that campaign, or the campaign ID specified was invalid!"

[quote name='R_Fusion']Is it me or Freedom from Alcohol isn't working?

This is what I get: "The offer or creative has expired, you need to get Approval for that campaign, or the campaign ID specified was invalid!"[/quote]

Damn that sucks, I actually just got credit for this one after doing it about sometime yesterday.

dammit, FFA isnt working now...and i was bout to do it too :(...ugh oh well...not like theres anything good coming out soon any ways

[quote name='adonis 27']any1 get credit after doing Freedom From Alcohol?[/quote]

I did the offer on Friday night and got credit for it today. Cancellation was quick and painless.

[quote name='adonis 27']for those who canceled Freedom From Alcohol, how was the process? thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

[quote name='macjz212']I did the offer on Friday night and got credit for it today. Cancellation was quick and painless.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping that will be the case when i cancel my account torrorow.

sorry, i meant more detailed....like name, phone number and then cancellation #? or was it like name, number, y do u want to cancel then cancellation #? or name, number, please stay i have an offer you can't refuse, then cancellation #?

[quote name='adonis 27']sorry, i meant more detailed....like name, phone number and then cancellation #? or was it like name, number, y do u want to cancel then cancellation #? or name, number, please stay i have an offer you can't refuse, then cancellation #?[/QUOTE]

All i gave them was my area code and address and they said my account was canceled although i haven't recived a canceled confirmation email yet.

I just called and canceled my account and when I asked them for an email confirmation they claimed they don't do that. They did give me a confirmation number over the phone but they said they don't refund the $3.99 ?

[quote name='Mugen']All i gave them was my area code and address and they said my account was canceled although i haven't recived a canceled confirmation email yet.[/quote]

oh ok, thanks a lot!

Ok weird thing happened to me, has anyone every gotten a check and a shopping list telling them to be a secret shopper. I have only signed up o the internet for trainn sites. This is very weird.

[quote name='St4rgalaqtic']Ok weird thing happened to me, has anyone every gotten a check and a shopping list telling them to be a secret shopper. I have only signed up o the internet for trainn sites. This is very weird.[/QUOTE]

It's a scam. I would send the letter and "check" to your Attorney General's consumer fraud division. A friend of one of my co-worker's got one of those a few weeks ago and she brought it in. It looks legit until you go digging.

I was just able to sign up for Freedom from Alcohol, so it may be working again. I'll report back once I get credit (crossing fingers here, as I've had to file MCRs for the last three offers I've signed up for).

did anyone signup for emusic? I signed up but it seems I'm in a trial period right now and haven't received credit nor do I have a confirmation email, though I do have a login and password. I'm confused as to how I can file a MCR without a confirmation email.

[quote name='iguss']I signed up for FFA too but haven't received any confirmation. Did anyone else have this problem?[/quote]

i got a confirmation e-mail right away letting me know i was signed up...

....other news, my Chronicles of Riddick still hasnt shipped, i was hoping to pick that up this weekend :(

bread's done
Back