Fry's (Seattle + other locations) - Assassin's Creed - $39.99

ryamkajr

CAGiversary!
The Sunday Seattle-Tmes and Seatle PI Fry's ad lists AC as being available Thursday for $39.99 - for both X360 and PS3.

I assume most other Fry's will have a similar price.

And this was not posted in the main Fry's thread as it is specific to AC.

Delete if required.

- Ray

I can't wait until this Thursday. Gonna try picking it up at City of Industry.

Too bad I'm working a late shift...so I got to coordinate. Break at 5p, try to get back within an hour (since the 60 east is really gridlocked during rush hour)

If not, I know they're cool handing out rainchecks.

Anyone know if I can go to a Best Buy this Friday and still get it price-matched?

Also, is there any way to get a better price on the LE?

so can we PM this on wednesday? do you think either BB or CC will give me a hard time if the ad says avaliable 11/15?

Glad to finally get a confirmation for AZ. Which paper was this in? Would it still be available today, so I could use it for PM if need be?

[quote name='j3v1zzle']I'll be going to a Best Buy in LA to PM, do you think they will PM with the printed out OC register ad?[/QUOTE]
Well if you're concerned about location, that shouldn't be an issue since the ads in OC Register and LA Times are identical. Whether your local Best Buy accepts a printed ad versus one clipped from actual newspaper is more YMMV. I think there's a good chance it will work.

[quote name='United_Korea']how does price matching work? do i just show the frys ad to a store and they'll sell it at that price or what?[/quote]

Only for stores that allow price matching. This is typcially Circuit City and Best Buy.

[quote name='United_Korea']how does price matching work? do i just show the frys ad to a store and they'll sell it at that price or what?[/quote]

Take the item and the ad to the customer service area and politely inform them that you have a price match...it's that simple.

This is a really great price and all for this new game but has anyone found out if this game is gonna be a good game? It has potential but i havent seen any reviews, and the videos ive seen look good but combat looks weak. Only reason im asking is cuz for me its either this or mass effect, and dont wanna end up with the lesser of 2 games.

[quote name='icarusmight']This is a really great price and all for this new game but has anyone found out if this game is gonna be a good game? It has potential but i havent seen any reviews, and the videos ive seen look good but combat looks weak. Only reason im asking is cuz for me its either this or mass effect, and dont wanna end up with the lesser of 2 games.[/QUOTE]

Check gamerankings.com tomorrow, since reviews should be out then. Game Informer and Gamepro already gave it good reviews (90%+), but I don't trust them so I'd wait a couple days too.

Check out Metacritic.com The game has already posted as having highly positive reviews. And as expected the review will be up on IGN.com tomorrow. Personally at 40 bucks I think thats perfect price point so I'd check it out but of course decide first if its really the game u want. With so many other titles coming out wallets are guaranteed to be empty be4 this holiday season is over.

[quote name='Malkovich']Has there been a Houston confirmation?[/quote]

Yes, the Houston Chronicle had this in Sunday's Fry's ad. However, the ad stated prices good through this Tuesday, with the game expected by Thursday at 6PM?!

For those who PM at Best Buy and only get 100% of the difference, all you have to do right after checking out is walk over to their customer service and get the 110% of the difference back. It's a small hassle.

[quote name='josh_animebum']
If not, does Fry's usually have a printed copy of the ad in their store that I might be able to grab and get pricematched elsewhere?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately from what I've seen at 3 different Fry's locations are that they never have any ads just laying around for customers to pick up. They just have them posted somewhere for everyone to look at.

[quote name='icarusmight']This is a really great price and all for this new game but has anyone found out if this game is gonna be a good game? It has potential but i havent seen any reviews, and the videos ive seen look good but combat looks weak. Only reason im asking is cuz for me its either this or mass effect, and dont wanna end up with the lesser of 2 games.[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect does look great, but like others have said I would start looking to reviews.
This game got a 37/40 review score from the Japanese gaming magazine "Famitsu," who are notoriously hard on games.
"As a point of reference, 37 is one point lower than Super Mario Galaxy and the same as Halo 3"

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/02/assassins-creed-nabs-37-40-from-famitsu/

[quote name='slewis7']Yes, the Houston Chronicle had this in Sunday's Fry's ad. However, the ad stated prices good through this Tuesday, with the game expected by Thursday at 6PM?![/QUOTE]
I'm in Houston too! Actually, they do this quite often with game releases as I've noticed. They will usually have ANOTHER ad on Wednesday which will have the same deal again that is usually good for Wednesday - Thursday. I think they print it in Sunday's ad just to give people a heads up or something.

[quote name='slewis7']Yes, the Houston Chronicle had this in Sunday's Fry's ad. However, the ad stated prices good through this Tuesday, with the game expected by Thursday at 6PM?![/quote]

Yeah posted a scan of the ad back on page 3 (the REALLY BIG one). Though its probably just saving face by saying at least thursday by 6pm. The game releases/ships tuesday, so its possible it'll be there before thursday.

[quote name='egonpax']For those who PM at Best Buy and only get 100% of the difference, all you have to do right after checking out is walk over to their customer service and get the 110% of the difference back. It's a small hassle.[/quote]
If I were to check out first with a RZ certificate, then walk over to the customer service to get pricematch, would they take the deduction from the original price that they advertised? Or from the price after I used the RZ certificate?

Since I can't use the RZ certificate on past purchases, I would either have to pricematch 100% and use the RZ certificate on the spot, or use the RZ cert first, then attempt to get 110% (but from which pricepoint, since if they take from the post RZ cert price, I would have just been better off gettin the 100% and takin off the RZ cert amount).

Boy I'm really pushin for a couple bucks aren't I lol.
But just remember, this place ain't called cheapass gamers for nothin lol

I think CC will pricematch and take 10% of the difference off extra.
BB will only pricematch if you tell them about it while checking out. They will pricematch and take another 10% off of the difference if you've already bought it and go back with the lower priced ad.

Oh yeah everyone, Gametrailers.com is going to have a video review of Assassins Creed at Midnight tonight.

[quote name='imascrub']I think CC will pricematch and take 10% of the difference off extra.
BB will only pricematch if you tell them about it while checking out. They will pricematch and take another 10% off of the difference if you've already bought it and go back with the lower priced ad.[/quote]

so like, if Frys is selling for $39.99, and CC is selling it for $59.99,

it'll take 10% off the $20 price difference?

[quote name='kopanda2']anyone can find me a illinois online ad for this price? all the tribunes around here sold out lol.[/quote]

I didn't see the ad in the tribune this sunday....

[quote name='imascrub']yea they'll take off $22 total[/quote]

Interesting. I just called my local store, and they say they only price match, not price match + 10%

wow, thanks for this thread, i pre-ordered this at gamestop, i gotta run over there and cancel it now. thanks!

[quote name='Tideas']Interesting. I just called my local store, and they say they only price match, not price match + 10%[/quote]
It's right on CC's website. It says if you've already bought it, they will refund 110% of the difference, and if you haven't bought it, they will beat their competitor's price by 10%.

http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/name/Low+Price+Guarantee/rpem/ccd/genericContent.do

[quote name='"Circuit City"']Circuit City is proud to offer the best prices on consumer electronics. Period. Buy a product from us and if, within 30 days of your purchase, you find a local competitor offering a lower advertised price for the same in-stock item, we'll refund 110% of the difference. If you haven't yet purchased the product, we'll beat the competitor's price by 10% of the difference between our price and theirs. Either way, you win.[/quote]

maybe they're tryin to pull a fast one on you on terms of technical wording. That first line says consumer electronics, but there is nowhere on that policy that excludes any other product that CC sells.

Hey guys, I'm located in NY where there are no Fry's stores. Would I still be able to price match this deal at a BB or CC?

[quote name='h3ro']Hey guys, I'm located in NY where there are no Fry's stores. Would I still be able to price match this deal at a BB or CC?[/QUOTE]
No.

[quote name='nate88']I didn't see the ad in the tribune this sunday....[/quote]

I'm not sure about the "regular" Sunday edition, but in the "bulldog" edition (the Sunday paper that's available late Saturday afternoon), it's on the back of the Metro section (section 4 - page 14).

[quote name='kopanda2']can i find the bulldog edition anywhere? cause i dont think they'll pricematch on a printed ad >:D[/quote]

I doubt it, the odds of finding a Sunday newspaper that's put into circulation on a Saturday, three days after the fact...I don't like your chances. Most businesses that I know of throw out the "bulldog" editions Saturday night or Sunday morning and replace it with the "real" Sunday paper is circulated.

About the only place I can think of that might possibly have a "bulldog" edition at this point would be a library and they're not too fond of letting people borrow their newspapers.

I live in Michigan and there is no fry's around here, so does anyone know if i'd be able to get it pricematched at my local BB or CC with an ad from another state?

[quote name='khan6831']I live in Michigan and there is no fry's around here, so does anyone know if i'd be able to get it pricematched at my local BB or CC with an ad from another state?[/QUOTE]
No, stop asking the same question and read the thread.

[quote name='OGHowie']OC Register Ad for SoCal with prices:

Webpage:
http://adv.ocregister.com/rop/web/ocr/category.php?id=17&adid=20071112084254

Enlarged ad (4.56MB):
http://adv.ocregister.com/interactive-ads/ocr/images/pdf/20071112084254.pdf[/quote]

Look a the bottom of the ad. Under store hours it states
"Prices Good Sun, Nov. 11, 2007 thru Tue. Nov. 13 2007.
Prices Subject to change after Tue. Nov. 13, 2007"

However, Assassin's Creed isn't supposed to be in until Thursday. Doesn't this mean that it could potentially be normal price? Or am I just reading too much into this?

Well I believe the best answer to this is to just wait and see what they pull on us. Since it has not been released yet, anything can happen between now and then.

nope, price match policy will work. however, you will need the ad for prove on 9 out of 10 occasions. In fact some of my stores (CC/BB) are even more liberal and only PM ADVERTISED prices. meaning if it's cheaper in the store and it's not in the sunday circular, they don't PM it.

normally, if there isn't a local fry's, they're not considered a direct competitor. doesn't hurt to try, but don't be surprised if they say no. Wal-Mart would be the easiest tho. but they still want the ad. In fact, they'll even keep the ad.

I'm going to PM too, I hate fry's that much... lol.

Wow. So many people here are too ^$#%^$#^ lazy to read the thread, and ask the same damn questions .

For the last time:
1. Yes, the "ads" expire on Tuesday, but that is typical for Fry's ads. The price listed will be the in store price on the day it is available (as soon as Tuesday, as late as Thursday)
2. The price MAY or MAY NOT be valid after Thursday. Check the Friday ad to be sure

3. Price matching - ALWAYS hit or miss. It is going to depend on the store, the CSR , or the manager on duty whether they will let you match out of area stores to their store. YOU WILL NOT KNOW UNLESS YOU TRY. WE DO NOT KNOW HOW YOUR STORE WILL REACT.
4. Yes, Best Buy, Circuit City and WalMart match. Anything beyond that, READ #3 ABOVE.

5. Learn to read threads before asking the same damn questions over and over.

[quote name='h3ro']Hey guys, I'm located in NY where there are no Fry's stores. Would I still be able to price match this deal at a BB or CC?[/quote]

I was just about to ask the same thing.I swear nyc gamers alwayz get raped when it comes to the best deals.I never been to a sears,target,or bb that has any of the clearances often mentioned on cag.

bread's done
Back