Fry's (Seattle + other locations) - Assassin's Creed - $39.99

ryamkajr

CAGiversary!
The Sunday Seattle-Tmes and Seatle PI Fry's ad lists AC as being available Thursday for $39.99 - for both X360 and PS3.

I assume most other Fry's will have a similar price.

And this was not posted in the main Fry's thread as it is specific to AC.

Delete if required.

- Ray

[quote name='JJSP']
frys.jpg

Confirmed for LA/OC as well. It's little, but it works. :)[/quote]

thanks for the heads up

[quote name='cb4774']I'm not sure about the "regular" Sunday edition, but in the "bulldog" edition (the Sunday paper that's available late Saturday afternoon), it's on the back of the Metro section (section 4 - page 14).[/QUOTE]
So then this does apply to the IL store(s)? I'll just go to Fry's then. I was trying to get to Microcenter the other day, got lost and found Fry's by mistake! Haha.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']So then this does apply to the IL store(s)? I'll just go to Fry's then. I was trying to get to Microcenter the other day, got lost and found Fry's by mistake! Haha.[/quote]

Yes.

now the question is does it come out today, tomorrow or thurs? gamestop, bb & wikipedia say today, the official site says tomorrow. oh well.

I went to fry's today, and unfortunately the one i went to had not recieved it (Indiana). I asked another employee and said that Assassin's Creed has a universal street date on the 15th. Although the website states its release for tomorrow, the Fry's near me says they wont have it or atleast sell it until Thursday.

[quote name='cb4774']I'm not sure about the "regular" Sunday edition, but in the "bulldog" edition (the Sunday paper that's available late Saturday afternoon), it's on the back of the Metro section (section 4 - page 14).[/quote]

Hey thanks I just looked in my bought Sat sun trib and there it was! Now I can get price matches on it anywhere and Crysis ! Both 39.99 now which version to get 360 or ps3!

Has anyone seen this yet for the San Diego Fry's? I've been looking online for a digital copy of the ad but have not had any luck. If one doesn't turn up I have a print out of the OC ad and will hope BB doesn't look too closely.

[quote name='tightclaws']Hey thanks I just looked in my bought Sat sun trib and there it was! Now I can get price matches on it anywhere and Crysis ! Both 39.99 now which version to get 360 or ps3![/quote]

360. Multiplatform games seem to usually be higher quality on the 360 for now. Things may change in 2008, but as it stands now, thats the case.

Well reviews for Assassin's Creed are hitting the net and the scores are spread out fairly wide. Lots of critics are giving scores in the 70s (out of 100). On Metacritic, current average for X360 version is 85. Hmmm, maybe I'll hold off on buying the game even though this is a great deal.

Went to Fry's off of 59 in Houston. They had Super Mario Galaxy but no Assassin's Creed. Got a rain check on it though. They said they were expecting it to arrive yesterday, but i should be in the store in the next few days.

This game got a 7.7/10 on IGN and a 7/10 on 1up.com. I don't think i'm going to buy this game, I think i'll just wait for mass effect next week

I'm stuck in Miami, FL with no Fry in site.. If any CAG is willing help this poor sap, it will be greatly appreciate.. I'm looking for the PS3 version. PM me..

[quote name='wolve']Well reviews for Assassin's Creed are hitting the net and the scores are spread out fairly wide. Lots of critics are giving scores in the 70s (out of 100). On Metacritic, current average for X360 version is 85. Hmmm, maybe I'll hold off on buying the game even though this is a great deal.[/quote]

I'm with you...I was in at this price, but after the reviews on Metacritic and IGN, I think I'll pass too. I was completely discouraged to read about the gameplay quickly becoming repetitive.

After reading a few reviews(damn Im not happy to hear that it turned out to be a mediocre game at best) I think Im going to pass up on it instead of goin thru the trouble of getting it priced match and what not...well unless it came with
a DVD of Jade Raymond stripping down to chest fruits and beefy taco as she
is looking at the screen right at you, telling you how much she appreciates you
buying her baby in a sexy seductive manner, then I'll budge and do so.

40 dollars for a game that will be fun and appealing should be plenty.

After this week it will be hard to find for under 60 for a while.

Do you guys think that BsetBuy would pricematch this if I have no Fry's in my state? I sure hope so, but going to see what you guys think before I run off to the store...

Read the thread man, NO no NO no NO!

[quote name='RoboPenguin']Do you guys think that BsetBuy would pricematch this if I have no Fry's in my state? I sure hope so, but going to see what you guys think before I run off to the store...[/quote]

Don't flame me, but I am I wrong to be thinking this will be like the PC game Thief? I am going to have my new PS3 in the next few days and thought this could be a good game.

If I am better off getting other ones (Rainbox 6, etc), I would pass on this one. I do have the Palo Alto Frys nearby, so I thought this would be a steal for the price.

just found it in the chicago sunday tribone, not the saturday night one. It's the same exact ad as the poster above took pictures of. Metro p. 14

[quote name='sasukekun']I checked at 2 of my local bestbuys and they said I could pricematch tomorrow :D I love living in SoCal![/quote]

im also in socal. which stores did you call?

[quote name='dertigo']im also in socal. which stores did you call?[/QUOTE]
BestBuy Moreno Valley and Moreno Valley East both said they would pricematch the Fry's deal for AC.

[quote name='sasukekun']I checked at 2 of my local bestbuys and they said I could pricematch tomorrow :D I love living in SoCal![/quote]

Sweeet! I live in SoCal OC so it should be all good, good thing my aunt saved the OC ad :]

just read a review on ign.

"The lengthy load times for levels (upwards of five minutes at some points)..."

for 40.00 it's not that bad but not 60.00. i'm still going to try for a PM tomorrow at CC and BB.

$40 at BB Pricematched.
-$10 RZ certificates
-$10 Gift Card for buying FEAR Files last week.
=$20 Assassin Creed. Not a bad deal.

Whats funny is the reviews are really mixed, Most sites/mags say its amazing, while others (only a few) say its just a normal good game. I still say its a great purchase either way. Especially at this price.

[quote name='Sinistar']Anyone know if the Phoenix area Fry's have this price?[/quote]

It was in the Sunday ad in the AZ Republic :D

Fry's in San Diego (Mission Valley) has the ad posted in-store, which appears to be the same as the Chicago Tribune ad posted earlier in this thread.

When I asked a guy stocking the 360 aisle if AC was in stock, he first told me that it wasn't coming out for 360, then that they wouldn't carry it, then that they won't have it until Thursday.

While he may have been an idiot, it seems like Thursday is the day for Fry's. No Crysis either. Did manage to snag a copy of Mario though.

Good luck getting your deals, guys.

When do you experts expect the game to come in? Morning? 6PM sharp? Sometime in between? I'll try to pricematch, though I've never done it before.

[quote name='shimz']so will a printed fry's ad work?
and will it stack with the $5 off gamepro coupon?[/QUOTE]
Cant stack at BestBuy, can either pricematch or use a coupon.

Generally the game has gotten very positive reviews. The two so-called "negative" reviews still gave the game a solid 7/10 (and for IGN that score is "good"). They blasted it as much as they could, too, noting that the game was very repetitive.

I dunno, though. Sex is repetitive. I think they meant variety but just couldn't think of the right word, because practically every game (and every form of media, really) in existence is repetitive in some way.

Mostly I'm getting it so I can just walk around in Jerusalem in the 1100s.

But, back on topic: do I need a Frys ad on hand to pricematch at Best Buy? My BB is located almost twenty minutes away from my Frys and I don't have the ad. I guess I could search for a Sunday paper and hope to find it, but it just seems like extra work considering BB has to call them up anyway.

[quote name='thisjustanother']yes you need the physical ad in hand when pricematching anywhere, i learned that the hard way once lol.[/quote]
That's right, always have the ad in hand when price matching. The only exception I've come across so far is the Navy Exchange and Marine Corps Exchange. A verbal price challenge is good for up to $5, anything exceeding that requires manager approval. No one abuses this system though. Ever.

bread's done
Back