Game of Thrones discussion thread - Season 5 debuts April 12th

I'll be honest, I'm going to miss him. Mostly because no one plays a character that good on TV or in movies where there is no redeeming quality about them.

BlJaPGXCcAAbwy_.jpg

Hahaha, there were search results? That's amazing. I just started saying it one day.

Managed to stay spoiler free up until this episode. Was very very pleased.
Urban dictionary.

And now book readers can finally breathe after telling show watchers to just stick around a little while longer.

You know, in retrospect you can almost feel sorry for him seeing as for the most part he was just a puppet in all this.  Outside of the first season, what had he really done other than just be a douche?  Sure he had it coming, but in reality he was just a spoiled brat with no real power.

Read the Wiki for the books so I knew it was coming, but still great to see played out on the screen vs. reading it on a website. 

I roll my eyes at the name "Purple Wedding" though.  Comparing it to the events of the Red Wedding it doesn't come close.

5 bucks says it was the pie. Don't spoil it for me.
nvm not really a spoiler but you could see something was up when something does something to the something off of the ground in that episode right before cersei goes ape shit

Last edited by a moderator:
That wedding scene has got to be the longest scene in the entire show so far.

I knew about Joffrey, but not who did it. I've only got 2 more spoilers left to see and I'm pretty sure both are going to happen this season and then I'm back in the dark.

Can't wait.

5 bucks says it was the pie. Don't spoil it for me.
Most likely, I mean that wine was out in the open so I'm sure everybody was drinking from it. Unless the cup was laced, but he had been drinking from it the entire time (presumably). Then again, I don't know how poisons work.

Also, there was that "no reason for it" close up shot up the cake after Joffrey cut it open.

I'm gonna keep this a hundy my ship with gold dragons was sacked by westeros bastards children I'm gonna have to give you an IOU the gunnm's kinda always pay their debts

Dammit. I inadvertently read a spoiler and thought it was real, so I hit the wiki about a certain character and it doesn't happen(turned out to be fake) and I got even MORE spoiled. fuck

Dammit. I inadvertently read a spoiler and thought it was real, so I hit the wiki about a certain character and it doesn't happen(turned out to be fake) and I got even MORE spoiled. fuck
Distinguishing between the show and the novels is a real minefield when it comes to internet discussion/wikis.

I thought it was Sansa because she picked up his cup when it rolled under the table, and they focused on her being pissed off at the small people show. But I guess she couldn't have planned for that...

I thought it was Sansa because she picked up his cup when it rolled under the table, and they focused on her being pissed off at the small people show. But I guess she couldn't have planned for that...
It's pretty tough to discuss anything plot related without spoiling the story. I wouldn't even recommend checking out a wiki because you could end up spoiling the rest of the season for yourself.

It's pretty tough to discuss anything plot related without spoiling the story. I wouldn't even recommend checking out a wiki because you could end up spoiling the rest of the season for yourself.
I couldn't stop myself. Had to wiki what happened to tyrwin after being accused.

Distinguishing between the show and the novels is a real minefield when it comes to internet discussion/wikis.
Yeah. What happened was that I was on another forum and someone had a fake spoiler on his avatar about who does what to another character. The thread was supposed to be spoiler-free. Now I know what happens to 4(technically 6) characters by mid-season. fuck!

GoT discussion is pretty fucked on any other board. Book readers will spoil things in the most roundabout ways, even in threads labeled for no book discussion. Or they'll make 'predictions' about an upcoming episode while pretending they haven't read the entire series. Incredibly annoying. Not sure what people get out of it.

GoT discussion is pretty fucked on any other board. Book readers will spoil things in the most roundabout ways, even in threads labeled for no book discussion. Or they'll make 'predictions' about an upcoming episode while pretending they haven't read the entire series. Incredibly annoying. Not sure what people get out of it.
Probably because they're a bunch of neckbearded malcontents that feel like everyone should be as miserable as them for not being able to enjoy seeing the story unfold for the first time like everyone else. It could also be that they feel like they're elitist because they didn't jump on the bandwagon like everyone else...maybe a mix of both? People that spoil stuff are usually assholes in general anyways.

Probably because they're a bunch of neckbearded malcontents that feel like everyone should be as miserable as them for not being able to enjoy seeing the story unfold for the first time like everyone else. It could also be that they feel like they're elitist because they didn't jump on the bandwagon like everyone else...maybe a mix of both? People that spoil stuff are usually assholes in general anyways.
Don't forget my fedora.

I think it comes down to people always spoil crap all the time. They enjoy doing it. Its like the people who went out to the midnight lines for Harry Potter and just told everyone what happened.

One thing I do see is lots of people like to pretend they don't know what is going to happen even though they have read through some wiki online. So many people posted how obvious it was that one of the purple jewels was missing during the episode and how anybody should know who did the poisoning. I read the books before so I know who did it, but I didn't notice the missing jewel, so I could see how 90% wouldn't notice that.

I just read an OLD OLD internet column (pre tv show) about who did it and it makes perfect sense:

http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/mlarchives/faq/joffrey.html

oh and there's no doubt about who does it on the tv show if you look closely enough.

minute 33
I'll have to go rewatch that sequence for the 4th time and slow-mo it around that minute mark.

I also ran across that Angelfire when trying to work out the differences from book to TV show in that area, interesting ideas on the situation and who caused it to happen.

Yeah, you really can't miss it and it's kinda obvious...like Janet Jackson's nip slip from the superbowl...with replays. :lol:

I didn't catch who did it either, but I will have to re-watch that part to find out. I did go back when I first watched it, but I must not have went far enough. 

Yeah, you really can't miss it and it's kinda obvious...like Janet Jackson's nip slip from the superbowl...with replays. :lol:
Re-watching it again, it does appear clearly who it might be. Though, that person does seem to be bouncing something in their hand at multiple camera shots from the end of the wedding itself and into the wedding feast. That might be coincidental to the item at the 33 minute mark being the real item that does the deed.

a lot of people mad about that jaime rape scene
The scene felt out of place for two reasons: 1) Jamie's character appears to be on a journey of redemption (both in the book and TV show) after losing his hand and 2) most importantly he loves Cersei and detests rape/rapists.

The scene felt out of place for two reasons: 1) Jamie's character appears to be on a journey of redemption (both in the book and TV show) after losing his hand and 2) most importantly he loves Cersei and detests rape/rapists.
That's why people are mad because in the book he didn't rape her in the tv show he did

bread's done
Back