GameCrazy deals - 50% more for your trades - NOW ACTIVE! May end on 07/13/07.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Mods' note:
This may be extended until 07/13/07, according to this post from Scorch, which needs confirmation that he should get later today:
[quote name='Scorch']My manager said that since the flyer says 7/13, we'll honor that. If the coupon stops working, we'll do it manually. This is probably just for my store.[/quote]

These flyers arrived today at the store, I think they're meant to be put out Monday.

THESE DEALS ARE CURRENTLY ACTIVE! SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS!

***B2G1F on all "e" (used) rated games.

***B2G1F on all (used) XBox titles.

(of course, usual "equal or less" rule applies here)

***50% more trade in credit~! This applies ONLY to 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP games. Basically, bring in two (and two only) of your games and receive an additional 50% in credit towards your purchase. This DOES NOT stack with MVP.

If I am reading this correctly, according to this flyer, here's some of the trade-in prices AFTER the 50%:

Guitar Hero 2 (360) - $66
Command and Conquer 3 (360) - $45

This is only if they don't lower the trade-in values in anticipation of this promotion, though. If they don't, the 50% more thing will be MASSIVE profit for the customers (especially those of you who bought Tony Hawk at Costco).

As a side note, the prices for Ant Bully (Wii), Blitz The League (X360), Happy Feet (Wii), and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (X360) all went back up. This could be temporary, but for now, Ant Bully is 29.99/24.99, Blitz is 19.99/14.99, and both Happy Feet and Grim Adventures are 29.99/24.99. The same thing happened with Far Cry. It went down to 19.99/14.99, then back up to 49.99/44.99, then back down again to 19.99/14.99. It may be temporary and the prices may drop back down, I'll post if they do.

//edit: Also, there's one misprint in the flyer. It says Resident Evil 4 Wii is 49.99. This is not the case. It is 29.99.

COUPON CODE:

The coupon code for this deal is +CGCTC50INC

the OP says 50% more for trades towards a purchase, would this still apply for store credit? there's nothing I want right now, but the upcoming months have several new releases that I'll be buying.

The guy I called said a new purchase or store credit so I dont see why you couldn't. If not just buy anything and return it the next day and get store credit.

So, I now know what MVP is, but how much more does it give you when you trade in games?

And what is " Plus, cardholders will be able to take advantage of exclusive MVP bonus days from Monday to Thursday each and every week, that will save you even more."

Thanks for the answers, I look to take advantage of this trade in, they give so much more than "competitors".

I called my Gamecrazy in Houston, TX and they had no idea...is there any print that could prove this so I could go in and ask? I know that the OP has no barcode or anything, but something scanned so that I could print as proof would help...Thanks!

[quote name='mephitical']
- Trade must include two games
- Games are only eligble if they are "4th Gen" (their words). This is defined as: Wii, PS3, XBOX 360 and Nintendo DS.[/QUOTE]

Well, damn... PS2 would be nice, of course, but the big disappointment is no PSP, or did they maybe just forget to mention that? It seems that's at least equivalent to the DS in terms of "generation". If it includes PSP I'll be able to take advantage. MAYBE I have a few DS games to trade, though I tend to keep those. Hmmmm....

[quote name='mith0s']is there any print that could prove this so I could go in and ask?[/quote]

That's it, I'm done with this thread. I said that there's flyers in the store. I've stated multiple times that barcodes did not print out this morning. What the fuck more can I say?

And yes, PSP is included in this deal and is stated in the fine print in the flyer.

[quote name='Scorch']That's it, I'm done with this thread. I said that there's flyers in the store. I've stated multiple times that barcodes did not print out this morning. What the fuck more can I say?

And yes, PSP is included in this deal and is stated in the fine print in the flyer.[/quote]

Chill dude, I asked if you could scan the ad for proof, stop PMSing, read it again.

Multiple people have confirmed it with their local GC's, there's no need for proof. The flyers are at the store. If the flyers aren't displayed at the stores, your local manager is lazy. And I'm cheap and don't have a scanner. The only thing the ad would do is make the employee aware the deal exists.. I still haven't seen/heard about any barcodes being printed out.

[quote name='Scorch']
And yes, PSP is included in this deal and is stated in the fine print in the flyer.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Scorch! Time to strategerize...

[quote name='Scorch']Multiple people have confirmed it with their local GC's, there's no need for proof. The flyers are at the store. If the flyers aren't displayed at the stores, your local manager is lazy. And I'm cheap and don't have a scanner. The only thing the ad would do is make the employee aware the deal exists.. I still haven't seen/heard about any barcodes being printed out.[/quote]

Thats the thing...I called and they had no flyers or any idea what I was talking about so I wanted a scan of the ad so that I could walk in there and ask what was going on.

So just to confirm, you can only trade in 2 games, not more, not less. Correct? Could you trade in more in multiple visits?

[quote name='icruise']So just to confirm, you can only trade in 2 games, not more, not less. Correct? Could you trade in more in multiple visits?[/quote]

Yes 2 games, and I believe you can trade 4 in a then they get grouped in 2 groups of 2 and 8 gets grouped into 4 groups of 2, etc. Thats how these deals usually work.

[quote name='icruise']Wait, so that means you can trade in more as long as they are multiples of 2?[/quote]

Usually thats how trade-in deals work, but this one might be different.

For those new to the party, I'd like to say something on Scorch's behalf.

If there's going to be ANY sort of deal at GameCrazy, he's almost universally the first to know and the first to let us know. However, he's not the fucking end-all be-all for GameCrazy. If your store is running it, good for you. If not, wait it out - it'll happen. YMMV, as always.

As it seems most of this thread is asking more questions than giving any answers, MVP adds 10% to your trade-in values in the same way that EB's Edge card does. It also gives you 10% off of all used game purchases. It's usually $19.99 per year, but if you're trading in and are interested, most stores will cut you a deal and give it to you for $14.99. It also comes with a subscription to various gaming magazines, most notably EGM and OXM (disc included). All this (and more) can be found at the CAG Wiki, located at the top of the page.

As a personal anecdote, Scorch has been more than helpful to me as far as GameCrazy deals go (even going out of his way to check trade-in prices for me on his own time). Let's be nice to him. :)

I'm gonna do this with MK Armageddon for Wii and Armored Core for PSP for 58.50 in credit before MVP and get Big Brain Academy: Wii degree and probably just a Hollywood Video gift card with the left over credit.:bouncy:

Called two local Gamecrazy stores and one didn't know of any promotion, but the other told me that it was ongoing, but the credit could only be used toward new games. Hmmm... I guess I can put it towards Resident Evil Wii!!!

You can on the day of release (Wednesday 20th), just go there at like 2pm and the shipment should just be in and they normally get a few store copies. Trade you stuff and get it, no problems.

just called 2 gamecrazy and yes they are running the promo right now. apparently they don't know when will it end. anyone checked when will be the end date? i want to trade my forza 2 but i'm not done with the game yet. thanks scorch for your awesomest post.

If they still give a decent amount for Godfather Wii I'll get rid of that. I saw in one of their fliers a few weeks back it was $33 w/MVP, but who knows how much they dropped prices for this promo.

I was wondering, could this be stacked with the Classic Plastic 2 for 5.00? There's alot of decent ps1/dc/n64 games that are E rated, and if you would be able to stack both deals, that would be sweet.

Nobody else brought this up and it seems like you can stack other deals on the 2 for 5 (MVP), so I thought, why not this?

[quote name='defmonkey05']I was wondering, could this be stacked with the Classic Plastic 2 for 5.00? There's alot of decent ps1/dc/n64 games that are E rated, and if you would be able to stack both deals, that would be sweet.

Nobody else brought this up and it seems like you can stack other deals on the 2 for 5 (MVP), so I thought, why not this?[/quote]

MVP does not stack with 2 for 5. The coupon changes all prices to 2.50. So no, nothing it won't stack with classic plastic. I mean, I could ring up the games and still apply the MVP on the classic plastic, but the second you scan the Classic Plastic barcode, it locks everything at 2.50 and you can't change it.

You can on the day of release (Wednesday 20th), just go there at like 2pm and the shipment should just be in and they normally get a few store copies. Trade you stuff and get it, no problems.

Just a tip.. new release games that come out on Tuesdays and Wednesdays come in around 1030am. The only things that come around 2pm are replinishment shipments, or "quick turn" titles on Friday. So if you didn't preorder, call your local GC around 11am.

Finally, my store recognizes the offer. Thanks Scorch (sorry for getting mad :p). Also they said the offer ends JULY 1ST for the people asking.

I was getting worried about GameRush not getting DiRT for 360 in, so I went ahead and bought a few games with GR credit to trade in to GameCrazy for this deal and it worked great:

Gears of War GR used $45 = $40.50 ($27 + 13.50 bonus) GC credit
XBLA Collection GR used $16.99 = $27.27 ($18.18 + 9.09 bonus) GC credit

The XBLA Collection is even $20 new at most places so it's definately a good flip at GC for this deal!!!

The GoW trade may not be exactly right to the penny (don't have the receipt with me), but it's about right.

[quote name='awp']I was getting worried about GameRush not getting DiRT for 360 in, so I went ahead and bought a few games with GR credit to trade in to GameCrazy for this deal and it worked great:

The XBLA Collection is even $20 new at most places so it's definately a good flip at GC for this deal!!!

The GoW trade may not be exactly right to the penny (don't have the receipt with me), but it's about right.[/quote]

That XBLA Collection was 17 at GameRush and when you trade it in at GC you will get 27? Thats insane if true! Just might have to go pick one of those up.

[quote name='mith0s']That XBLA Collection was 17 at GameRush and when you trade it in at GC you will get 27? Thats insane if true! Just might have to go pick one of those up.[/QUOTE]

That would be correct (with the extra 50% so you'll need another game to trade with it)! Go get 'em!

Well, I'm gonna go find out the current trade-in credit (before MVP and this deal) for these games:

NBA 2K7
Pirates 3
GRAW 2
Saints Row
Def Jam: Icon
Blazing Angels
DOA 4
Crackdown
Condemned

[quote name='awp']Gears of War GR used $45 = $40.50 ($27 + 13.50 bonus) GC credit

The GoW trade may not be exactly right to the penny (don't have the receipt with me), but it's about right.[/QUOTE]

Think I'm gonna have to trade in GOW and NBA Homecourt

Nice!

[quote name='awp']I was getting worried about GameRush not getting DiRT for 360 in, so I went ahead and bought a few games with GR credit to trade in to GameCrazy for this deal and it worked great:

The GoW trade may not be exactly right to the penny (don't have the receipt with me), but it's about right.[/quote]

By XBLA Collection, you mean arcade unplugged? (just clarifying) My nearest GC is 15 miles away, don't want to make that trip for nothing.

[quote name='Doomed']By XBLA Collection, you mean arcade unplugged? (just clarifying) My nearest GC is 15 miles away, don't want to make that trip for nothing.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I guess the correct full title is "Xbox LIVE Arcade Unplugged Volume 1". Sorry for the confusion.

I feel stupid for trading away my copy of XBLA Unplugged a couple of weeks ago. Anyone have any idea what Splinter Cell: Double Agents gets in trade?

Just got back, I was able to trade Super Paper Mario ($45) and Gunpey DS ($15) towards Scarface Wii. There was no tax included, so I have $10.01 left over. I was also quoted $9 for DS Rub Rabbits with no case ($13.50 after bonus!) and $5 for Mr Driller DS ($7.50 after bonus).

They did require that I do an immediate trade or pre-order towards another "4th Gen" game, so I have to go back tomorrow to get RE4 Wii.

Big in-store fliers confirming the deal through July 1, as well as the B2G1 E-Rated games and B2G1 ALL XBOX games. The flier also mentions a deal where if you buy a new DS or PSP through them, you get 12 free Hollywood rentals.

[quote name='icruise']I feel stupid for trading away my copy of XBLA Unplugged a couple of weeks ago. Anyone have any idea what Splinter Cell: Double Agents gets in trade?[/QUOTE]

The 360 version of SC:DA gets $6.xx. Can't remember the exact amount. But needless to say, it wasn't worth it to me to trade it in.

i was able to also confirm this deal. the girl who rang me up didnt even know about this until she read the paper she had behind the counter. anyways, i traded in:

Feel the Magic - $3.25 + 50% = $7.50
Rub Rabbits - $6.75 + 50% = $13.50

$21 for those 2 horrible games! i got Mario Party 8 for the Wii and just paid the remaining $31.10. still a awesome deal for those not-so-good titles you guys have. i actually went to TRU after my trip to GC and found another Rub Rabbits for $5, lol! i will do another trade tomorrow, maybe towards phoenix wright 2.

[quote name='Gotran']Well, I'm gonna go find out the current trade-in credit (before MVP and this deal) for these games:

NBA 2K7
Pirates 3
GRAW 2
Saints Row
Def Jam: Icon
Blazing Angels
DOA 4
Crackdown
Condemned[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST the prices you find for all these! And [highlight]everyone else who trades in please post your (PRE-bonus) trade values[/highlight]. I will try to get them in the Wiki so people can compare their collections against that and make good choices to trade in!

I updated the Wiki through this post (but getting that list above would be sweet). Note that the Wiki convention for the Gamecrazy prices is to post them with the 10% MVP boost, so you won't get *quite* 50% on top of the prices listed there.

[quote name='awp']The 360 version of SC:DA gets $6.xx. Can't remember the exact amount. But needless to say, it wasn't worth it to me to trade it in.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, any chance that the limited edition gets more?

[quote name='phear3d']i was able to also confirm this deal. the girl who rang me up didnt even know about this until she read the paper she had behind the counter. anyways, i traded in:

Feel the Magic - $3.25 + 50% = $7.50
Rub Rabbits - $6.75 + 50% = $13.50
[/QUOTE]

Those prices don't make sense. It's +50%, not double.

[quote name='icruise']Those prices don't make sense. It's +50%, not double.[/quote]
I'm assuming it was quoted the same as me on Rub Rabbits, so $9 + 50%($4.50) = $13.50.
I think the math was just worked incorrectly back from a correct final total. Feel the Magic would be $5 + 50%($2.50) = $7.50.

No one seems to be making a big deal out of this aspect of it (which kind of brings the deal down for me, anyway): I just called my GC and they were adamant that you had ot purchase a new game with the trade credit you get from the 50% bump. They said it could just be a $9.99 PSP game (so you don't have to use *all* the credit at least), but you must put one on the transaction. And of course it is one new game purchase for every 2 traded in. It would not work for preorders, even if paid in full... So that puts me back into "thinking about it mode" instead of "rushing out there today to make trades" mode :lol:. I just can't think of much that I want to buy right now...

I also got some quotes: Super Swing Golf for Wii is $30 after promo (they only gave me the post-promo prices), and all the following PSP games are $10.50 (after promo): PoP Revelations, Ultimate Block Party, and Ghost in the Shell.

I cant call again because they know me too well there. If anyone can get the pricing for Cars (Wii), Magical Starsign, Need for Speed Carbon (DS), and Loco Roco I'd appreciate it.

You do have to purchase at least one game that day. Not so bad if there's something current you want. Even if not, you could always get trade fodder to retrade in this deal or GS/EB's.

Something of note in the flyer - they bumped their trade values on some games pre-deal:

Wii:
Cooking Mama $25 (normally $22.73)
Excite Truck $28 ($25)
Sonic $28 ($25)
Tony Hawk $28 ($25)

PS3:
MUA $35 (normally $31.82)
NFS: Carbon $35 ($31.82)

XBOX360:
Command & Conquer 3 $33 (normally $30)
ICON $35 ($31.82)
Guitar Hero II $44 ($40)
Street Homecourt $33 ($30)

[quote name='mephitical']You do have to purchase at least one game that day. Not so bad if there's something current you want. Even if not, you could always get trade fodder to retrade in this deal or GS/EB's.
[/QUOTE]

I suppose... Can anyone think of 3 good 360 games to get from GC for trading into EB/GS using their extra $20 deal? I could get 6 games to trade to GC easily, then get 3 360 games for EB. That way I'd end up with what I want in the end - credit to save for some of the big releases later in the year.

[quote name='io']I suppose... Can anyone think of 3 good 360 games to get from GC for trading into EB/GS using their extra $20 deal? I could get 6 games to trade to GC easily, then get 3 360 games for EB. That way I'd end up with what I want in the end - credit to save for some of the big releases later in the year.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. But since I have never traded in games to GC what do I need?

I can think of three real quick Forza 2, Shadowrun, and Command & Conquer. Couldn't you just buy a cheap new game and then save the rest of the credit toward pre-orders at GC?

[quote name='mephitical']You do have to purchase at least one game that day. Not so bad if there's something current you want. Even if not, you could always get trade fodder to retrade in this deal or GS/EB's[/QUOTE]

Ahh, lame....

What are people getting? Can't think of anything good that has come out recently. :(

Just got back from Game Crazy and trade in 6 games (so yes, as long as they are multiples of 2, you can trade any number of games). Here are the prices, after the 50% added:

Gunpey DS - $15.00 (paid about half that at Target)
Feel the Magic DS - $7.50 (paid $9.99 at Sears)
Ape Escape Academy PSP - $11.63 (paid $9.99 at CC)
Resistance: Fall of Man PS3 - $45 (I'll rebuy this when it gets cheap, but $45 is hard to pass up)
Viewtiful Joe DS - $6.75 (less than $5 at Target)
Splinter Cell Double Agent Limited Edition 360 - $13.50 (about what I paid from that 70% off accident sale Amazon had a while ago)

So that got me $99.38 in credit, which I turned around and spent on:

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops PSP (USED) - $29.99
Odin Sphere PS2 (NEW) - $39.99
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (NEW) - $39.99

I just got back and had traded in the following.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance: Original - $30 After Bonus - $45
Tiger Woods 07: Original - $22.73

Said tiger didnt apply since it was a sports title, but I wanted to get rid of it anyways and they gave more than anyone else. MUA was a sweet trade for $45 the guy at the counter couldn't believe it.:applause:

[quote name='cdeener']That's what I was thinking. But since I have never traded in games to GC what do I need?

I can think of three real quick Forza 2, Shadowrun, and Command & Conquer. Couldn't you just buy a cheap new game and then save the rest of the credit toward pre-orders at GC?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you mean. You probably just need a Driver's Licence to trade in. They will make an account for you at the store with your name, address, phone. Then they look it up by phone number when you come again.

I suppose I could buy a cheap game. That's what the guy I talked to there suggested - maybe a $9.99 PSP game. Problem is, there really isn't anything I want though I suppose I'll take at least one set in (probably Super Swing Golf and Cars for the Wii - though I could use those at GS as well for their promo). If those net me $60+ and I have to buy a $10 game that is better than the free Wii game from GS. SWG gets $30 after promo, not sure about Cars, but I doubt it is $30...

[quote name='io']Not sure what you mean. You probably just need a Driver's Licence to trade in. They will make an account for you at the store with your name, address, phone. Then they look it up by phone number when you come again.

I suppose I could buy a cheap game. That's what the guy I talked to there suggested - maybe a $9.99 PSP game. Problem is, there really isn't anything I want though I suppose I'll take at least one set in (probably Super Swing Golf and Cars for the Wii - though I could use those at GS as well for their promo). If those net me $60+ and I have to buy a $10 game that is better than the free Wii game from GS. SWG gets $30 after promo, not sure about Cars, but I doubt it is $30...[/QUOTE]

I wanted to know if GC was like GR where you had to be a member of the parent store ie. (GC to Hollywood Video like GR to Blockbuster) to be able to trade or was GC like GS/EB where all you had to do was show ID.

One more game you can add to your list io is Tenchu Z for 360 games.

bread's done
Back