GameCrazy deals - 50% more for your trades - NOW ACTIVE! May end on 07/13/07.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Mods' note:
This may be extended until 07/13/07, according to this post from Scorch, which needs confirmation that he should get later today:
[quote name='Scorch']My manager said that since the flyer says 7/13, we'll honor that. If the coupon stops working, we'll do it manually. This is probably just for my store.[/quote]

These flyers arrived today at the store, I think they're meant to be put out Monday.

THESE DEALS ARE CURRENTLY ACTIVE! SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS!

***B2G1F on all "e" (used) rated games.

***B2G1F on all (used) XBox titles.

(of course, usual "equal or less" rule applies here)

***50% more trade in credit~! This applies ONLY to 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP games. Basically, bring in two (and two only) of your games and receive an additional 50% in credit towards your purchase. This DOES NOT stack with MVP.

If I am reading this correctly, according to this flyer, here's some of the trade-in prices AFTER the 50%:

Guitar Hero 2 (360) - $66
Command and Conquer 3 (360) - $45

This is only if they don't lower the trade-in values in anticipation of this promotion, though. If they don't, the 50% more thing will be MASSIVE profit for the customers (especially those of you who bought Tony Hawk at Costco).

As a side note, the prices for Ant Bully (Wii), Blitz The League (X360), Happy Feet (Wii), and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (X360) all went back up. This could be temporary, but for now, Ant Bully is 29.99/24.99, Blitz is 19.99/14.99, and both Happy Feet and Grim Adventures are 29.99/24.99. The same thing happened with Far Cry. It went down to 19.99/14.99, then back up to 49.99/44.99, then back down again to 19.99/14.99. It may be temporary and the prices may drop back down, I'll post if they do.

//edit: Also, there's one misprint in the flyer. It says Resident Evil 4 Wii is 49.99. This is not the case. It is 29.99.

COUPON CODE:

The coupon code for this deal is +CGCTC50INC

Quoted me $23.50 on Godfather Wii. Making it around $35 after bonus.

I'm on the fence about it. That's a little more than I paid, but I do still go on binges with the game every once in a while. I'll probably regret it.

[quote name='Scorch']MVP does not stack with 2 for 5. The coupon changes all prices to 2.50. So no, nothing it won't stack with classic plastic. I mean, I could ring up the games and still apply the MVP on the classic plastic, but the second you scan the Classic Plastic barcode, it locks everything at 2.50 and you can't change it.
[/quote]

Ahh okay, I always thought you could get 10% off classic plastic. Thanks for the info!

[quote name='cdeener']I wanted to know if GC was like GR where you had to be a member of the parent store ie. (GC to Hollywood Video like GR to Blockbuster) to be able to trade or was GC like GS/EB where all you had to do was show ID.

One more game you can add to your list io is Tenchu Z for 360 games.[/QUOTE]

Ah, it is more like EB/GS than Gamerush. They are connected physically to Hollywood but are independent from them.

Tenchu Z? For what, trading to EB/GS? I'm not interested in the game itself, anyway... There's nothing out till late July at the earliest that I actually want - thus I'm trying to figure out how to get credit squirreled away.

[quote name='io']Ah, it is more like EB/GS than Gamerush. They are connected physically to Hollywood but are independent from them.

Tenchu Z? For what, trading to EB/GS? I'm not interested in the game itself, anyway... There's nothing out till late July at the earliest that I actually want - thus I'm trying to figure out how to get credit squirreled away.[/QUOTE]

I was suggesting it for trade fodder to EB/GS since it just came out recently.

[quote name='icruise']Just got back from Game Crazy and trade in 6 games (so yes, as long as they are multiples of 2, you can trade any number of games). Here are the prices, after the 50% added:

Gunpey DS - $15.00 (paid about half that at Target)
Feel the Magic DS - $7.50 (paid $9.99 at Sears)
Ape Escape Academy PSP - $11.63 (paid $9.99 at CC)
Resistance: Fall of Man PS3 - $45 (I'll rebuy this when it gets cheap, but $45 is hard to pass up)
Viewtiful Joe DS - $6.75 (less than $5 at Target)
Splinter Cell Double Agent Limited Edition 360 - $13.50 (about what I paid from that 70% off accident sale Amazon had a while ago)

So that got me $99.38 in credit, which I turned around and spent on:

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops PSP (USED) - $29.99
Odin Sphere PS2 (NEW) - $39.99
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (NEW) - $39.99[/quote]

is this all for 1 transaction or you had to to 2 multiples at a time?

I'm not sure how it worked in the computer, but he did it all as one transaction from my point of view, and it's all listed on one receipt. He may have had to use the coupon once every two games or something.

[quote name='mephitical']You do have to purchase at least one game that day. Not so bad if there's something current you want. Even if not, you could always get trade fodder to retrade in this deal or GS/EB's.

Something of note in the flyer - they bumped their trade values on some games pre-deal:

Wii:
Cooking Mama $25 (normally $22.73)
Excite Truck $28 ($25)
Sonic $28 ($25)
Tony Hawk $28 ($25)

PS3:
MUA $35 (normally $31.82)
NFS: Carbon $35 ($31.82)

XBOX360:
Command & Conquer 3 $33 (normally $30)
ICON $35 ($31.82)
Guitar Hero II $44 ($40)
Street Homecourt $33 ($30)[/quote]

Hmm. I guess it's a YMMV then.

I went there today and traded R:FOM and COD3 for the PS3 and got $45 and $47.73 respectively after the extra 50% extra trade in value. There wasn't anything worth getting and I wanted to wait for R6:V which is supposed to come out next week for the PS3. On a side note, the guy working said it should be in stores tomorrow. Not sure if it's true or not so....take it with a grain of salt.

Moving on. There was nothing I really wanted and I did not want to wait until next week to trade in my games due to possibility of the game prices depreciating. So the guy told me he didn't really give a shit and that as long as I bought something with the trade in's, than it would be valid. The guy then told me I could trade the 2 games in, buy a cheap $5 demo game, and then return it right there on the spot and the deal would be valid. Lo and behold, that's what he did. I traded the 2 games in, bought a $6 PS2 demo game and then returned it right there on the spot and walked out with $92.73 in store credit. A thank you to that guy.

On another side note, my friend who was with me, tried trading in VF5 for the PS3 and did not get the regular pre-extra 50% trade in value of $30. He only got about $23 I think. The guy said there were too many copies of VF5 and they had to lower the price.

So, this probably is a YMMV but, good luck folks.

[quote name='JJSP']Anyone know why Resident Evil 4 (Wii) is in the flyer as $49.99?[/quote]
Slip-ups happen. It's in the computer at 29.99, so don't worry.

It is true that current number of stock makes the trade value go lower.

I included instructions in case your local store doesn't have barcodes, like mine.

And yes, this deal is absolutely insane.

I traded in SpiderMan 3 for the Wii and got 38.. MLB 2K7 on the 360 netted 45.

I briefly considered MGS: PO, Super Paper Mario, MLB2K7 and Spiderman 3.. my total was $150.

I went with Spiderman 3 and MLB2K7.. picked up Shadowrun and Forza 2 used.

[quote name='hhhdx4']how much is Viva Pinata (SE)?[/quote]

To trade? I'd guess right around $18 after the 50% bump. It's all in the system as Viva Pinata, nothing about a SE. I know it's $24.99 used, which means it's about $10 on trade.. so expect $15-$18 after the bump

traded in 4 xbox 360 games:

command & conquer 3 - $45
crackdown - $27
lost planet - $37.80
dead rising - $24.54

grabbed the following in return:

the darkness - $59.99
planet puzzle league - $37.48
madcatz microcon xbox 360 turbo controller - $ 34.99

i'm going back again this weekend to trade forza 2 and prolly gears of war or rsv. :D

[quote name='Pr0JectNymPh0!']traded in 4 xbox 360 games:

command & conquer 3 - $45
crackdown - $27
lost planet - $37.80
dead rising - $24.54

grabbed the following in return:

the darkness - $59.99
planet puzzle league - $37.48
madcatz microcon xbox 360 turbo controller - $ 34.99

i'm going back again this weekend to trade forza 2 and prolly gears of war or rsv. :D[/quote]
Wait time out. The Darkness? You mean you went ahead and paid it off, right? Cause it's not out yet.

Man this deal is insane.

I just got back from GameCrazy and here's what they gave me. All these include the extra 50% added.

Resistance- 45.00
Call of Duty 3 (360) 45.00
Ratchet and Clank (PSP) 24.54
Nintendogs: Dalmatian edition 19.10
Kameo 15.00
Metroid Prime Pinball (DS) 4.50
Super Paper Mario 45.00
WarioWare Smooth Moves 34.10
Wii Play- 15.00
Rayman Raving Rabbits (Wii) 37.50

[quote name='Scorch']Wait time out. The Darkness? You mean you went ahead and paid it off, right? Cause it's not out yet.

Man this deal is insane.[/quote]
yeah, i paid off the pre-order. i can still get my credits anyway if i change my mind. err... am i right? :lol:

i'm going to sort out my old games this weekend, then go to gamecrazy for some trades. yes this deal is insane. thanks scorch! :D

[quote name='y2jrevolution']I just got back from GameCrazy and here's what they gave me. All these include the extra 50% added.

Resistance- 45.00
Call of Duty 3 (360) 45.00
Ratchet and Clank (PSP) 24.54
Nintendogs: Dalmatian edition 19.10
Kameo 15.00
Metroid Prime Pinball (DS) 4.50
Super Paper Mario 45.00
WarioWare Smooth Moves 34.10
Wii Play- 15.00
Rayman Raving Rabbits 37.50[/quote]

Is this rayman for wii? If yes, that's a good deal for a 7-month old game :)

[quote name='hhhdx4']PSP games are eligable correct? Ill definitley trade Metal Gear Acid then since I dont own a PSP anymore :p[/quote]

yes

The guy was totally clueless. It took forever for him to ring it up. He claimed that I had to buy at least ONE new current game for me to get the discount (WTF?). I think they just make up stuff sometimes. Also pre-ordering was not considered buying a current gen game. Huh?

I traded in:

Guilty Gear DS $12.00

Meteos $10.50

Lunar Dragon DS $10.50

Gunpey DS $15.00

Bomberman DS $6.75

Mech Assault DS $10.50

Metal Gear Ac!d 2 $ 4.50

Guilty Gear PSP $16.50

Armored Core PSP $14.00

CoD 3 Wii $34.10

Didn't trade in:

Gangs of London $11.00

Gunpey PSP $13.50

Wii Sports (they didn't take)

Gurumin PSP (they didn't take)

YMMV but you can get Guilty Gear (PSP) for $7.99 at Circuity City this week and flip it for $16 and you can buy Gunpey at Best Buy for $5 with coupon and flip it for ~$13.50. Too much effort for me.

The shitty part about this is I just traded in a bunch of games a few weeks ago. $45 for Gears, Hawk, and Marvel would have been incredible. :(

[quote name='PocariSweat']The guy was totally clueless. It took forever for him to ring it up. He claimed that I had to buy at least ONE new current game for me to get the discount (WTF?). I think they just make up stuff sometimes. Also pre-ordering was not considered buying a current gen game. Huh?

I traded in:

Guilty Gear DS $12.00

Meteos $10.50

Lunar Dragon DS $10.50

Gunpey DS $15.00

Bomberman DS $6.75

Mech Assault DS $10.50

Metal Gear Ac!d 2 $ 4.50

Guilty Gear PSP $16.50

Armored Core PSP $14.00

CoD 3 Wii $34.10

Didn't trade in:

Gangs of London $11.00

Gunpey PSP $13.50

Wii Sports (they didn't take)

Gurumin PSP (they didn't take)

YMMV but you can get Guilty Gear (PSP) for $7.99 at Circuity City this week and flip it for $16 and you can buy Gunpey at Best Buy for $5 with coupon and flip it for ~$13.50. Too much effort for me.[/QUOTE]

I was told that I had to purchase a new title as well at one of the stores i hit up.

[quote name='PocariSweat']The guy was totally clueless. It took forever for him to ring it up. He claimed that I had to buy at least ONE new current game for me to get the discount (WTF?). I think they just make up stuff sometimes. Also pre-ordering was not considered buying a current gen game. Huh?.[/QUOTE]

Consider yourself lucky. I was told I'd have to buy a new game for every 2 I traded!

[quote name='io']Consider yourself lucky. I was told I'd have to buy a new game for every 2 I traded![/QUOTE]
That's insane and robbery unless you were trading in two games that trade for a high value.

What is Game Crazy's return policy for used games?

I'd really like to get in on this but don't want any games other than pre orders.

When is this deal good to? I want the darkness but I don't want to preorder it. Since I am waiting for reviews to bite. If I could trade in Sonic for the Wii and Dead Rising and get it for almost free, fuck yes.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']When is this deal good to? I want the darkness but I don't want to preorder it. Since I am waiting for reviews to bite. If I could trade in Sonic for the Wii and Dead Rising and get it for almost free, fuck yes.[/quote]

Go ahead and trade those in and put the credit towards the Darkness. Preordering it doesn't obligate you to pick it up. It could be a year from now, Fable 2 is out, you want it.. you'll still have that money you put on The Darkness on there, and you can use it towards that. Basically, go ahead and trade them in and put them towards something so you don't miss out on anything.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']That's insane and robbery unless you were trading in two games that trade for a high value.[/QUOTE]

Well, that is the promo, isn't it? It's just some stores are being looser with it than others. Mine is "by the book", apparently. Maybe I'll try another location.

They did suggest that I could buy a $9.99 PSP game (ie, it doesn't have to be a NEW release, just a new game).

Just got back from gamecrazy! The buy 2 get one will work on ANY game RATED E! So go all out this means wii, 360, psp whatever!! Also, I got popolo cross and armored core from gamestop for $20 combined and traded them to gamecrazy for $36.00 Total! What a bunch of retards with this 50% more trade in deal. Thanks for the extra $16.00 gc.

[quote name='GameReeper']What a bunch of retards with this 50% more trade in deal.[/quote]

A bunch of retards?

Look at all the trades this has brought in. They're going to make a killing off of this.

[quote name='freshzen']You can use the credit on a pre-order, I did, got Ninja Gaiden Sigma paid off :)[/QUOTE]

:bomb:... Not at MY store. I specifically asked about preorders and they said no. That settles it, I'm going to a different one at least to try my first trade with the deal.

Crazy deal, I just don't have anything to trade-in. :lol:

Anyone aware of some cheap games I can buy elsewhere and flip? Doesn't Target have a ridiculous amount of Wii/360 games on sale?

Picked up a copy of Harvest Moon DS at Best Buy for $5 after coupon. Traded in for $18 at my GC. Left it in the wrapper, wonder if they will sell as new? Other games traded in Elebits $30, Yohshi Touch & Go $10.50, and Viewtiful Joe $6.75. Picked up Super Paper Mario (New), Luigi's Mansion, Wind Waker, & Super Mario Sunshine for $16 OTD.

Anyone know if the Blazing Angels TI price is still $30, the last price update on the wiki was a while ago, but I just wanted to check. My gamecrazy is 25 miles away and they wont answer the phone??! Also can anyone answer the question about about the GB Micro, i've been eyeing a new famicom at my GC for a while and was also wondering about puting TI credit toward a system.

[quote name='phear3d']they open at 10[/quote]

Thank you. I know they are not as big of a chain as EB/Gamestop but they have a pretty crappy website. At least give some store hours. I can see how they can have that lure you in effect on not listing prices, and it usually works because I have found great deals on games there.

Just wish one of my GC stores would get a copy of Atelier Iris.. one GS around me has one but its in a generic case with no cover or book and its all scratched to hell...

[quote name='Derrick1979']Thank you. I know they are not as big of a chain as EB/Gamestop but they have a pretty crappy website. At least give some store hours. [/quote] Hover over "Store Locator" (top right) and a small window appears
Add zip code and it takes you to a map
Click on the store # in the bottom list
Hover over the the store # on the map and it will give you "Hours of Operation"

[quote name='WesWarlord']Anyone know if the Blazing Angels TI price is still $30, the last price update on the wiki was a while ago, but I just wanted to check. My gamecrazy is 25 miles away and they wont answer the phone??! Also can anyone answer the question about about the GB Micro, i've been eyeing a new famicom at my GC for a while and was also wondering about puting TI credit toward a system.[/quote]

Are you seriously insane enough to call at 845am and think they're open? Unless you're in a different timezone or something. I never answer the phone before 10am. It's annoying having it ring overandoverandoverandoverandoverandoverandover when i'm trying to get the morning paperwork done.

The deal states that you must buy one new game. This is YMMV. The deal works in the computer regardless of what you buy, if anything at all. If nothing else, buy a new title, then use the rest of the credit for whatever you want.

And no, Blazing Angels trades in at 12 or 18 now.

Oblivion should be around the 30 mark

[quote name='Scorch']Are you seriously insane enough to call at 845am and think they're open? Unless you're in a different timezone or something. I never answer the phone before 10am. It's annoying having it ring overandoverandoverandoverandoverandoverandover when i'm trying to get the morning paperwork done.

The deal states that you must buy one new game. This is YMMV. The deal works in the computer regardless of what you buy, if anything at all. If nothing else, buy a new title, then use the rest of the credit for whatever you want.

And no, Blazing Angels trades in at 12 or 18 now.

Oblivion should be around the 30 mark[/quote]

I called yesterday twice between 5 and 7 o clock dude. Sorry not to be more specific. Thanks for the info though, guess ill just have to drive over and see what comes of it.

[quote name='GameReeper']Just got back from gamecrazy! The buy 2 get one will work on ANY game RATED E! So go all out this means wii, 360, psp whatever!! Also, I got popolo cross and armored core from gamestop for $20 combined and traded them to gamecrazy for $36.00 Total! What a bunch of retards with this 50% more trade in deal. Thanks for the extra $16.00 gc.[/quote]

Retards? I think you are a retard. The trade-in they give you already isnt full price so no matter what they are buying games to sell for higher prices at lower than MSRP, so yeah they will make a killing.

Anyone know the Dead Rising credit as of late?

[quote name='mith0s']Anyone know the Dead Rising credit as of late?[/QUOTE]
It was mentioned earlier in the thread. Around $24 if I recall.

bread's done
Back