GameCrazy deals - 50% more for your trades - NOW ACTIVE! May end on 07/13/07.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Mods' note:
This may be extended until 07/13/07, according to this post from Scorch, which needs confirmation that he should get later today:
[quote name='Scorch']My manager said that since the flyer says 7/13, we'll honor that. If the coupon stops working, we'll do it manually. This is probably just for my store.[/quote]

These flyers arrived today at the store, I think they're meant to be put out Monday.

THESE DEALS ARE CURRENTLY ACTIVE! SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS!

***B2G1F on all "e" (used) rated games.

***B2G1F on all (used) XBox titles.

(of course, usual "equal or less" rule applies here)

***50% more trade in credit~! This applies ONLY to 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP games. Basically, bring in two (and two only) of your games and receive an additional 50% in credit towards your purchase. This DOES NOT stack with MVP.

If I am reading this correctly, according to this flyer, here's some of the trade-in prices AFTER the 50%:

Guitar Hero 2 (360) - $66
Command and Conquer 3 (360) - $45

This is only if they don't lower the trade-in values in anticipation of this promotion, though. If they don't, the 50% more thing will be MASSIVE profit for the customers (especially those of you who bought Tony Hawk at Costco).

As a side note, the prices for Ant Bully (Wii), Blitz The League (X360), Happy Feet (Wii), and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (X360) all went back up. This could be temporary, but for now, Ant Bully is 29.99/24.99, Blitz is 19.99/14.99, and both Happy Feet and Grim Adventures are 29.99/24.99. The same thing happened with Far Cry. It went down to 19.99/14.99, then back up to 49.99/44.99, then back down again to 19.99/14.99. It may be temporary and the prices may drop back down, I'll post if they do.

//edit: Also, there's one misprint in the flyer. It says Resident Evil 4 Wii is 49.99. This is not the case. It is 29.99.

COUPON CODE:

The coupon code for this deal is +CGCTC50INC

Does anyone know if GC credit is universal between stores? I have $10 left over from yesterday and I wanted to check out a different store today but want to make sure I can use that $10. The clerk said I could access credit in-store using my phone number, but I forgot to ask if it was his store only or all stores.

[quote name='mephitical']Does anyone know if GC credit is universal between stores? I have $10 left over from yesterday and I wanted to check out a different store today but want to make sure I can use that $10. The clerk said I could access credit in-store using my phone number, but I forgot to ask if it was his store only or all stores.[/quote]

It's not. Only the one store. You have to get it put on a giftcard.

[quote name='Scorch']It's not. Only the one store. You have to get it put on a giftcard.[/quote]Darn; that's a lot of driving. Thanks for the answer though. I saw in a previous post of yours that new games tend to be out at opening. Is that true of just your store, or all stores? I'm trying to figure out when to schedule my lunch to pick up RE4.

[quote name='mephitical']Darn; that's a lot of driving. Thanks for the answer though. I saw in a previous post of yours that new games tend to be out at opening. Is that true of just your store, or all stores? I'm trying to figure out when to schedule my lunch to pick up RE4.[/quote]
Every store in my district gets new release games usually by 11, if not then definately by noon. The resupply truck comes around 130 or 2. I get people coming in all the time Wednesday mornings asking if we have the game in, and we do, and they're pissed because EB/GS say they won't have it for another 6 hours or so.

I just called a local GC and they already have it. This store only had six extra for the public.

..well, 5 now :D May want to call and ask 'em to hold it for you, these won't last long

[quote name='Scorch']Every store in my district gets new release games usually by 11, if not then definately by noon. The resupply truck comes around 130 or 2. I get people coming in all the time Wednesday mornings asking if we have the game in, and we do, and they're pissed because EB/GS say they won't have it for another 6 hours or so.

I just called a local GC and they already have it. This store only had six extra for the public.

..well, 5 now :D May want to call and ask 'em to hold it for you, these won't last long[/quote]
Awesome; thanks. I'm PST, so I'll call in 1/2 hour and have them hold one.

Went in to the store....saw flyers for the sale on the counter....picked out XBOX games and proceeded to trade in a Wii and a DS game....was told by clerk he had no awareness of the sale...showed him flyer stating 7-1-07 expiration and no start date...called other local store and they had no knowledge of the sale either...walked out with nothing!
This si such an annoyance to customers. If you advertise something in the store, don't you have to honor it unless it states it is not active until XX/XX/07

Grr!

I just traded (prices after bonus):

Viewtiful Joe PSP - $9.00 (paid $5)
Guilty Gear PSP - $16.50 (paid $9.99 and will probably replace with a $7.99 CC copy)
Harvest Moon DS - $18.00 (paid $8)
Wario Ware Touched DS - $16.50 (got from Goozex)

I was surprised how low Wario Ware's trade value was, and I was reluctant to trade it, but I needed it to make a pair of games for the deal. Oh well, recent eBay auctions for it haven't been going all that high, and the box was a tad beat up and was missing the instructions, too.

They didn't make me buy anything, so I just left it as store credit.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I also traded in One Piece: Pirates Carnival for PS2 (not part of this deal) for $10. I paid $1.99 from BB a while ago. :)

Hail to the OP!

Xbox 360 titles only, prices after extra 50% credit:
Gears of War - $40.91
Quake 4 - $12.00
Xbox Live Arcade Vol 1 - $27.27 (woot!)
Far Cry Instincts - $ 19.10

I also got $8.80 for GC Zelda Wind Waker, which was pretty generous in my opinion.

Got myself RE4-Wii, an MvP card and a balance of $58.

I figured I'll get my money's worth on the MvP now that I've got a balance there.

Can this stack with buy 2 E get 1 free? Then I could get Wii Play(+Remote woot!), Mario Party 8?(Is it any good for someone who only owns the original Mario party?) and if they let me get doubles, another Wii play for the remote, bringing my total remotes to 4(*ahem* and 1 nunchuk)
Also, does GC deduct credit for missing cases?

[quote name='Doomed']Can this stack with buy 2 E get 1 free? Then I could get Wii Play(+Remote woot!), Mario Party 8?(Is it any good for someone who only owns the original Mario party?) and if they let me get doubles, another Wii play for the remote, bringing my total remotes to 4(*ahem* and 1 nunchuk)
Also, does GC deduct credit for missing cases?[/quote]

The b2g1 for E games is on used titles only. I'd considered the same but got shot down.

They told me I didn't need case art for the games I brought in (I'd printed the cover for XBLA and told him so because I didn't want to be a jerk).

My wife and I found Mario Party 8 to be kinda annoying (neither of us have so much as played a Mario Party before this one). We played with two friends (4 controllers total) and found the mix between board game and mediocre mini-games pretty boring. A lot of time is spent rolling the die and watching your character move around the board and most of the mini-games really don't take advantage of the wii-mote. It, more than any other game I've played on the Wii so far, feels like GC game with the mote tacked on. That said, I didn't trade it in earlier today because I thought it was more fun that store credit. I think the problem here is that Rabbids is the ultimate mini-game game and works great in a party setting. MP8 doesn't bring anything new to the table compared to Rabbids, and in fact brings less.

GC is advertising GRAW2 for 39.99 new/34.99 used.. it's still 59.99 new/49.99 used in the POS. It trades in at 30, or 45 after bonus. If you've got it, trade it in, and pick it up used for a near $15 difference.

Traded in Super Paper Mario and Forza 2.. walked out with RE4 Wii and 66 left in credit.. will probably use it on Half-Life 2.. maybe the Darkness depending on reviews

GC is advertising GRAW2 for 39.99 new/34.99 used.. it's still 59.99 new/49.99 used in the POS. It trades in at 30, or 45 after bonus. If you've got it, trade it in, and pick it up used for a near $15 difference.

I picked it up last friday for 44.99 used. Can I bring it back with reciept and get the difference?

[quote name='TehTriggerman']I picked it up last friday for 44.99 used. Can I bring it back with reciept and get the difference?[/quote]
no. read the back of the receipt. all used sales are final.

You could trade it in for $45 and rebuy it when it goes on sale for $31.50 used, though

Scorch, you wouldnt happen to know the trade-in prices for NFS: Carbon, Amped 3, Fusion Frenzy 2, and the BK Games (all games for 360), would ya? :razz:

Interesting about GRAW2. So it's in their ad, but not in their system? I called because I was thinking of trading in COD3 and GRAW1 for GRAW2 (and if there's enough left over, COD2).

They said GRAW2 is still $59.99/$49.99 in their system. Hope they have an ad in store that I can point out the new price.

BTW, COD3 gets $30 ($45 after bonus) and GRAW1 gets $10 ($15 after bonus).

Just scored about $200 in gc cred off this deal! Wish I had hit up the GS b2G1 deal a few weeks ago and stocked up for deals like this. Oh well.

I wonder how much I'll get for my six DS games. I'll be t3h l0wz if I get more than $20 for FFIII, because I paid that in the December TRU promo. It seems I'll get about $100, maybe closer to $90. Anyone know the trade in value for Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 and Final Fantasy III?

I traded in Ridge Racer (DS) and Polarium (DS) for $9 a piece after 50% bonus, and used the credit toward a $15 copy of Lego Star Wars II (X360).

Big thanks to the OP on this one. Just got back after racking up about $200 in credit. Here were the trade in prices after the 50% bump.

DS GAMES
-Castlevania POR...24.54
-Kirby Canvas Curse...10.50
-Advance Wars DS...10.50
-Ultimate Spider-man...6.75
-Sonic Rush...10.50

Wii Games
-Super Swing Golf...30
-Mario Party 8...38.18
-Big Brain Academy...34.50

Xbox 360
-Fuzion Frenzy 2...15

Picked up RE 4, Super Paper Mario, and Scarface (all for Wii), Planet Puzzle Leagu and put the rest on a Pokemon pre-order.

[quote name='obiwayne']Went in to the store....saw flyers for the sale on the counter....picked out XBOX games and proceeded to trade in a Wii and a DS game....was told by clerk he had no awareness of the sale...showed him flyer stating 7-1-07 expiration and no start date...called other local store and they had no knowledge of the sale either...walked out with nothing!
This si such an annoyance to customers. If you advertise something in the store, don't you have to honor it unless it states it is not active until XX/XX/07

Grr![/quote]

Did you print the OP by Scorch? It lists step-by-step how to do the deal for GC employees in their POS system.

Does Gamecrazy frown on people trading in more than one copy of a game (on different occasions)? I have another copy of Pirates' Carnival I'd like to get rid of, and I might consider picking up another Harvest Moon DS to trade in, but I don't want to get blackballed or something.

Just got back, traded in:

Darkstalkers: Chronicles (PSP) - $12
Spider-man 2 (PSP) - $10.50
Phantasy Star Universe (360) - $15
Spider-man 3 (360) - $45 :hot: :hot: :hot:

I ended up getting $82.50 from games I paid $62 for. Hell of a deal!

[quote name='icruise']Does Gamecrazy frown on people trading in more than one copy of a game (on different occasions)? I have another copy of Pirates' Carnival I'd like to get rid of, and I might consider picking up another Harvest Moon DS to trade in, but I don't want to get blackballed or something.[/QUOTE]

Normally they do not frown upon it, as you can say it is a sibling's copy of the game. But obviously don't go in like a schmoe with 5 unopened copies of a game. The problem with multiples is that at a certain point, the trade-in value of each successive game goes down. I don't know when the dropping point is or at how many copies in the inventory, etc.

Has anyone actually tried trading in GH2 for 360? If its anywhere near as high as it may be according to the front page, I may have to unload my copy...

Just not sure what I'd do with credit at GC. Theres only one within 50 miles and my god is it a pile of crap as far as selection goes.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Did you print the OP by Scorch? It lists step-by-step how to do the deal for GC employees in their POS system.[/QUOTE]

He kept insisting that the sale had not started yet and I would have to come back at a later time. I have a call into the district manager to find out when it actually starts, but we'll see if he calls me back.

just curious to something... I thought I read somewhere that GC resurfaces all the used games... I purchased some today and they were pretty bad..

i did it again today and traded these:

pokemon trozei - 18
rocket slime - 12
phoenix wright 1 - 15
feel the magic - 6.90
rub rabbits - 12.42
re: deadly silence - 9
elite beat agents - 22.50!!
virtua tennis 3 for 360 for $45!!!

i got a brand new, downgradable PSP core system and of course i was forced to buy a game so i bought Outrun for the PSP for $9.99. i paid $41.90 extra, awesome deal!

going back tonight to do some more trading..

[quote name='Derrick1979']just curious to something... I thought I read somewhere that GC resurfaces all the used games... I purchased some today and they were pretty bad..[/QUOTE]

When I picked up Lego Star Wars II today, the employee showed me the disc right after he took it out of the box and it didn't look very great. Then, he went over to the disc buffer/resurfacing machine (whatever you want to call it) and buffed it. The game looked a good deal better after it went into the machine, and if you buy a used game just ask the worker to clean it for you before you leave.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']Is there any chance that I'll be able to get the 50% by only trading in one game? I can't find a second game I could part with.[/quote]

If you absolutely can't find a second game in your collection that you want to trade, buy one.

[quote name='guessed']If you absolutely can't find a second game in your collection that you want to trade, buy one.[/quote] Good point. The game I want to trade goes for $14 according to the Wiki. If I buy some $2 game would I get like $21.xx credit (and lose $2 plus tax in cash)?

I think we really need to come up with a list of games that GC is paying high prices for that can be bought elsewhere cheaply.

Guilty Gear PSP - $16.50 (Available at CC for $7.99)
Harvest Moon DS - $18.00 (Available at BB for $10, or $5 after Gamepro coupon)
Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged 360 - $27.27 (Available for $17.99 at Amazon, for example, or around $8 from half.com sellers)
Gunpey PSP $13.50 (A Best Buy "front lane" game available for $10, or $5 after Gamepro coupon)
Ultimate Block Party PSP - $10.50 (A Best Buy "front lane" game available for $10, or $5 after Gamepro coupon)
Ghost in the Shell PSP - $10.50 (A Best Buy "front lane" game available for $10, or $5 after Gamepro coupon)

I'll add to this post if people find more.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']Good point. The game I want to trade goes for $14 according to the Wiki. If I buy some $2 game would I get like $21.xx credit (and lose $2 plus tax in cash)?[/QUOTE]
Just remember that it has to be a current-gen game. Most very cheap games are going to be older than that.

[quote name='icruise']Just remember that it has to be a current-gen game. Most very cheap games are going to be older than that.[/quote] Right, I forgot about that part. I guess I'd need to buy a cheap, used current-gen and turn around and trade it in. I probably wouldn't benefit much from this, if at all.

I guess I could let go of Meteos. Does anyone know its trade-in value?

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like someone got $10.50 for it. If that's before the 50% and I trade it in with SM64DS ($14), that means I'd get $36.75, correct? That doesn't seem right.

[quote name='Scorch']

THESE DEALS ARE CURRENTLY ACTIVE! SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS!

***B2G1F on all "e" (used) rated games.

***B2G1F on all (used) XBox titles.

(of course, usual "equal or less" rule applies here)

***50% more trade in credit~! This applies ONLY to 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP games. Basically, bring in two (and two only) of your games and receive an additional 50% in credit towards your purchase. This DOES NOT stack with MVP.

//edit: Also, there's one misprint in the flyer. It says Resident Evil 4 Wii is 49.99. This is not the case. It is 29.99.

COUPON CODE:

The coupon code for this deal is +CGCTC50INC[/quote]

I'm sorry. Last night when I first saw this it had the step-by-step directions from Scorch, he's apparently edited them out. If you PM him I'm sure he could give them to you or if you can wait until tomorrow I could PM them to you because I printed out the OP so I had it before I went to my local Game Crazy because the ones here in St. Louis sometimes have deals the others don't or don't honor deals the other's have unless you push them.

That coupon code should work though when the GC employee puts it into their POS system.

[quote name='icruise']I think we really need to come up with a list of games that GC is paying high prices for that can be bought elsewhere cheaply. From memory:

Guilty Gear PSP - $16.50 (Available at CC for $7.99)
Harvest Moon DS - $18.00 (Available at BB for $10, or $5 after Gamepro coupon)
Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged 360 - $27.27 (Available for $17.99 at Amazon, for example)
Gunpey PSP $13.50 (Available at BB for $10, or $5 after Gamepro coupon)

I'll add to this post if people find more.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I think I'll drop by BB and get a Harvest Moon.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']Right, I forgot about that part. I guess I'd need to buy a cheap, used current-gen and turn around and trade it in. I probably wouldn't benefit much from this, if at all. [/QUOTE]
If you have a discount card at one of the stores (and assuming GameCrazy's used price for it is the same as EB's), you could buy and trade-in Kameo for the 360 for only a $3 loss.

OK, guys, I updated the Wiki with the trade-in prices from the last 3 pages. It *really* helps when you list them broken out by system. I can do the math and get the original +MVP price from your 50% bonus prices.

I didn't include some of the oddball prices (e.g., $16.91) as those are most likely reduced values due to too many copies being traded in to the stores you went to. Basically, the original trade-in value should generally come out to some nice number like $6, $7, $10, $11, $30, etc... Then they are listed in the Wiki with the 10% MVP boost.

Keep 'em coming and keep 'em clean so I can spot new values easily. If you bury a trade value within a big paragraph about your trade-in experience I will likely miss it!

Do it like this:

:360:
Phantasy Star Universe - $15

:wii:
Cars - $22.50 (I called and the normal trade value for this is $15)

ps - I appreciate the list icruise as I had no idea Guilty Gear was available that cheaply OR traded for that much! I would like to see your list updated and reposted periodically here. The Wiki is nice for looking through your collection to find stuff to trade, but "hot" trade-in items like that are better left to thread discussion.

I just called them and ask about the promotion and they said it doesn't work. They got a call earlier about it too. I told him to check that code, which the guy was excited that I had but it doesn't work. I got the manager, who was also unsuccessful.:bomb:

I was hoping to trade in some crappy old games for RE4 Wii but no go for now I guess.

Traded in:
Trauma Center(Wii) 38.18
Rayman(Wii) 38.18
Crackdown 24.84
PKMN Pearl 24.54

Total: Around 125 credit

Got:
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition

B2G1 E Rated Games:
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door 14.99
Zelda: Four Swords (GBA) 14.99
Zelda: Collector's Edition (GC) (The Good one with all four Zelda) 29.99 (Free)

Yes, I got the most expensive one free.

B2G1 Xbox Games:
Max Payne 4.99
Morrowind 7.99
Doom 3: Collector's Edition 17.99 (Free)

Again, most expensive one free.

Ended with around 52 still on the account. Most Awesome sale since the Rhino Trade 2 Get 1 deal.

Anyone around Chicago get this deal to work for them yet? I checked with 3 different stores so far and nobody seems to be able to locate it in the system.

A few trade-in prices (all before MVP):

XBox 360
Bullet Witch - 25.00
Eragon - 16.00
F.E.A.R. - 22.73
NCAA March Madness 07 - 22.73
Saints Row - 10.00

Gamecube
Odama - 15.00

the gamecrazy near my house tried charging me 49.99 for resident eveil 4 for the wii. wat a joke. and i only got back $16.20 for crackdown

[quote name='eazyweazy3']the gamecrazy near my house tried charging me 49.99 for resident eveil 4 for the wii. wat a joke. and i only got back $16.20 for crackdown[/quote]

is that the only game you traded in? thats probably why then, you have to do 2 games to get the 50% extra.

ok, im back again. traded in 6 games but the prices after 50% xtra isnt great

feel the magic - 6.30
guilty gear judgement - 16.50
y's psp - 12.00
exit - 4.50
outrun 2006 - 4.13
ghost in the shell psp - 10.50

i got 53.93 for all that. i picked up Ar Tonelico (new) and they happen to have the Tekken 5 stick for $29.99 so i added that as well, so not bad i paid $27.87 extra. my brother though, traded in a bunch of stuff. ill post how much for each games but he ended with $261 in credit.

bread's done
Back