GameCrazy deals - 50% more for your trades - NOW ACTIVE! May end on 07/13/07.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Mods' note:
This may be extended until 07/13/07, according to this post from Scorch, which needs confirmation that he should get later today:
[quote name='Scorch']My manager said that since the flyer says 7/13, we'll honor that. If the coupon stops working, we'll do it manually. This is probably just for my store.[/quote]

These flyers arrived today at the store, I think they're meant to be put out Monday.

THESE DEALS ARE CURRENTLY ACTIVE! SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS!

***B2G1F on all "e" (used) rated games.

***B2G1F on all (used) XBox titles.

(of course, usual "equal or less" rule applies here)

***50% more trade in credit~! This applies ONLY to 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP games. Basically, bring in two (and two only) of your games and receive an additional 50% in credit towards your purchase. This DOES NOT stack with MVP.

If I am reading this correctly, according to this flyer, here's some of the trade-in prices AFTER the 50%:

Guitar Hero 2 (360) - $66
Command and Conquer 3 (360) - $45

This is only if they don't lower the trade-in values in anticipation of this promotion, though. If they don't, the 50% more thing will be MASSIVE profit for the customers (especially those of you who bought Tony Hawk at Costco).

As a side note, the prices for Ant Bully (Wii), Blitz The League (X360), Happy Feet (Wii), and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (X360) all went back up. This could be temporary, but for now, Ant Bully is 29.99/24.99, Blitz is 19.99/14.99, and both Happy Feet and Grim Adventures are 29.99/24.99. The same thing happened with Far Cry. It went down to 19.99/14.99, then back up to 49.99/44.99, then back down again to 19.99/14.99. It may be temporary and the prices may drop back down, I'll post if they do.

//edit: Also, there's one misprint in the flyer. It says Resident Evil 4 Wii is 49.99. This is not the case. It is 29.99.

COUPON CODE:

The coupon code for this deal is +CGCTC50INC

[quote name='Scorch']Incorrect, the flyer advertises a June 19th start date, I go with that. Sales rarely ever (read: never) start on a Saturday at GC.[/QUOTE]

Scorch, you are right. It does have a 19th start date in the flyer. I went in to check and saw it plain as day so I argued with the employee and they gave it to me now. Not sure where he got the 23rd unless they can see when the system itself is going to be updated. But he did have to manually adjust the price down to $39.99.

I've called the price adjusting lady like four times about the GRAW2 but all i'm getting are voicemails.. i'll try again later this afternoon. It's retarded. TMNT should be 29.99, GRAW2 should be 39.99. I don't know what the hell's been going on with the pricing lately. I think they have a new person running the show because there's been errors left and right.

And the promo code should've worked.. he may have been entering it wrong. Oh well.

Given the YMMV of all the dumbass GC employees, I'm actually quite happy that everyone here has had as much success as they've had.

[quote name='Manning']Is there a flyer for the 50% more deal that I could take in and show them or something?[/quote]

Hehe, I got grilled for this one. Yes, the flyer is in the store.

Going later today to get RE4: Wii, trading NBA Street: HC and Dead Rising.

2 for $5 Classic Plastic is also going on right now. My GameCrazy had a giant crate full of old games, but none of them looked very good.

[quote name='mith0s']Hehe, I got grilled for this one. Yes, the flyer is in the store.

Going later today to get RE4: Wii, trading NBA Street: HC and Dead Rising.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I will have to try when I go in saturday

[quote name='quadomatic']2 for $5 Classic Plastic is also going on right now. My GameCrazy had a giant crate full of old games, but none of them looked very good.[/quote]

Yeah, it started two or three weeks ago. We had a huge thread on it.

man. i just called my store, and they're doing the deal. the guy said i had to buy a game, but they didn't have DiRT in stock yet.

i'll have to try again tomorrow.

[quote name='xcoax']man. i just called my store, and they're doing the deal. the guy said i had to buy a game, but they didn't have DiRT in stock yet.

i'll have to try again tomorrow.[/quote]

How the hell do they not have Dirt? Every store got Dirt yesterday. Maybe they didn't have enough to cover preorders.. eh.

Friday's are big resupply days. I doubt another round of Dirt and RE4 (wii) will hit, but it's worth a shot.

I traded in Meteos ($10.50 after the 50%) and Super Mario 64 DS ($19.10!! after 50%) for a total of $29.60 in store credit. Wow!!! :bouncy:I only had to pay $2.58 more for Puzzle Quest (DS). Thank you so much for the thread, Scorch!:applause:

[quote name='mith0s']Hehe, I got grilled for this one. Yes, the flyer is in the store.

Going later today to get RE4: Wii, trading NBA Street: HC and Dead Rising.[/quote]
NBA Street may be YMMV, I was explicity told Fight Night Round 3 (PS3) and Madden 07 (Wii) would not apply because they are sports titles.

I just called two GC in my area in Michigan and they said that they are not doing the b2g1f deals at all on the e rated game and the xbox games.

[quote name='soyverde']NBA Street may be YMMV, I was explicity told Fight Night Round 3 (PS3) and Madden 07 (Wii) would not apply because they are sports titles.[/quote]
Again, there are NO exclusions.

Hell, I tried it on NES and SNES games (which we can't take anymore, of course) and it still worked. There are NO exclusions.

If the store i go to forces me to buy a new game, can i take that game to another gamecrazy with the receipt and get a refund?
Not that I am aware of.

[quote name='Scorch']Again, there are NO exclusions.

Hell, I tried it on NES and SNES games (which we can't take anymore, of course) and it still worked. There are NO exclusions.

Not that I am aware of.[/QUOTE]

SO you mean to tell me when i buy a game i cant return it for store credit? Why Not?

Hi Guys - My first post here!
Bust a Move which is available at CC for 9.99 gets a whopping 21 bucks after extra 50% credit.
& They do accept multiple copies of same game

Edit - This is for PSP version

[quote name='TheBookerMan']SO you mean to tell me when i buy a game i cant return it for store credit? Why Not?[/QUOTE]
Because you have to return it to the store you actually got it from?

[/QUOTE]

I was told right off the bat when I called my local store that no Sports games were allowed. (In addition to only being 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, DS of course). And that I'd have to buy a new game for every two traded. Another CAG called a store not too far from there and they have the same restrictions. Note that we are close to corporate - so maybe they are more heavily enforcing stuff here.

Now clearly the computer lets it work - so it's up to the person ringing it up.

[quote name='Riddick_Kr']Hi Guys - My first post here!
Bust a Move which is available at CC for 9.99 gets a whopping 21 bucks after extra 50% credit.
& They do accept multiple copies of same game

Edit - This is for PSP version[/QUOTE]

Wow, who would have known! Now, this game I know I can get at CC. I updated the Wiki with the $15.40 MVP price for that. I assume the regular price is $14 if you got $21 after 50% - so 10% w/MVP is $15.40.

I found a store that said I could just get credit. We'll see when I actually get there what they say as I can't go for several hours and the same guy might not be there. Anyway, I'm going to try Rayman Wii (looks like $38.18) and Bust-A-Move ($21). He said only 2 games, but then said maybe on a second transaction they could do another set. So I'll try Gunpey and Ultimate Block Party second, if so - should get me another $24 total. I also want to dump my Arcade Unplugged, but need to find another game to go with it...

I still think I'm saving Cars and Super Swing Golf for the EB/GS deal though...

I might have to hit them up this week

if prices are still right

Ape Escape Academy - $15.50 - 1/13/07
Astonishia Story - $18 - 5/25/06
Bust-A-Move Deluze - $15.40 - 6/21/07
Untold Legends Warriors Code - $18 - 6/29/06
Animal Crossing: Wild World - $14 - 4/23/06

i doubt that story price is still right. can be found in alot of places for 10

I might take everything i have no use for anymore and trade it in there. Anything around 20 to 22 i would sell ..... It would be like taking in a used game and getting a new game for 8 bucks ofp

just seen only 2 games.... i probally take bust a move (since paid 8) and ummmmm i dont know yet.

Can you bring a sack of games in then PICK 2 or can you only bring 2 in (meaning would they scan like 15 to 20 games then you pick what 2)

sucks

Hoshigami Remix: Ruining Blue Earth

Release date JUNE 30 Why so late

Yeah, I wouldn't count on Astonishia being right. Or any of those others, except maybe AC:WW and Bust-A-Move since someone else just mentioned that. I'll be confirming that one tonight as well.

I'm definitely bringing in Arcade Unplugged. It looks like I can get a replacement cheap on ebay.

They sell DS Lite systems, right? I don't see why I can't trade in the games towards a DS Lite as that's what I want. Hmmm....

[quote name='valor19']They sell DS Lite systems, right? I don't see why I can't trade in the games towards a DS Lite as that's what I want. Hmmm....[/QUOTE]

Me too.

Im thinkin

DDR(Free) + Saints Row(Free)

and

Super bust a move($10) + GH2(Got it for free)

Should give me about $110.

I say just talk to the manager.

Hell, I tried it on NES and SNES games (which we can't take anymore, of course) and it still worked. There are NO exclusions.[/QUOTE]
Do you think that particular store just had too many sports games and made up an exclusion? Also, it works on NES and SNES games?! It sounds like you're saying that the extra 50% coupon will work with any game, and it's just up to the person working the register whether they will use it or not.

[quote name='jer7583']Some gamecrazy employees are real car salesmen. [/quote]
You can say that again (no offense to Scorch et al). I was there the other day and the guy was really pushing the insurance on a cheap game, and kept insisting that a customer use his credit for preorders, even going so far as to claim that Mass Effect would be coming out the next week.

BTW I made a separate thread listing the games that GC buys for relatively high amounts but are available cheaply elsewhere.

[quote name='TheBookerMan']Me too.

Im thinkin

DDR(Free) + Saints Row(Free)

and

Super bust a move($10) + GH2(Got it for free)

Should give me about $110.

I say just talk to the manager.[/QUOTE]

I thought you could only trade 2 games in. How are you trading in 4

I traded in 6 and others have reported multiple pairs turned in. So it might be YMMV thing. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do more than one pair of trades unless they're already overstocked with used games.

[quote name='slidecage']I thought you could only trade 2 games in. How are you trading in 4[/QUOTE]

Employees are making stuff up as they go. There should be no limit to how many games you trade in at once. It's actually better to trade it in all at once so you only have to purchase 1 new game, like the $10 Outrun PSP.

It's a new deal so 2 of the employees didn't even know how to do it right and only the asst manager knew the details. I'm sure some managers will also add their own restrictions to boost sales.

Is this eligible for portable games? The lady in Gamecrazy last night told me no, and also wouldn't ring up my Xbox games. She said the deal was only eligble for E rated titles. I tried showing her the add that said all Xbox games, but she wouldn't budge.

wonder if preorders would work. I might run out there tomorrow (no way im getting into heavy traffic just to go out there tonight)

+ pirate master is coming on LOL

[quote name='slidecage']wonder if preorders would work. I might run out there tomorrow (no way im getting into heavy traffic just to go out there tonight)

+ pirate master is coming on LOL[/QUOTE]

They tried to do a preorder for me with the trade ins and it would NOT work. System wouldn't accept it.

Seems strange that the system wouldn't accept it, since as far as I can tell the system doesn't care if you buy a game with the promotion or not. I didn't have to.

[quote name='icruise']Have you looked at any of the rest of the thread?[/QUOTE]
Have you tried selling the supposed superiority of the PSP to the DS to anyone lately? ><
Actually, I'm at work through a proxy and the search button does not work when you're in a thread. It's also very slow being a proxy, so I didn't want to click through 14 pages to find out.

All I'm saying is that on practically every page, someone mentions trading in DS and PSP games.

EDIT: He was asking about the buy 2 get 1 free, not the +50% deal. Anyone know?

[quote name='icruise']All I'm saying is that on practically every page, someone mentions trading in DS and PSP games.[/QUOTE]
My post on page 14 is more detailed and asks if the Buy 2 get 1 free applies to E rated games on DS and PSP.

Hell, I tried it on NES and SNES games (which we can't take anymore, of course) and it still worked. There are NO exclusions.[/quote]
I don't know what the piece of paper said, just what I was told. Perhaps we are encountering local restrictions (i.e. managers dictating what can be traded), or just confused employees? Sports titles certainly are YMMV at my local store. :roll:

My trades so far:

Title : MVP Price : +50% Price

Legend of Zelda (Wii) : $28 : $38.18
Animal Crossing (DS) : $17.60 : $24
Polarium (DS) : $6.60 : $9
Worms (DS) : $8.25 : $11.25

Thanks again, Scorch.

I traded in the following (all prices should be after 50% addition):

Prince of Persia (Wii) - $38.18
The Godfather (PSP) - $10.50
Monster Hunter Freedom (PSP) - $18.00
Moto GP (PSP) - $22.50
Nintendogs (DS) - $15.00
Advance Wars DS (DS) - $10.50
Animal Crossing (DS) - $24.00

Picked up an MVP Card ($19.99 + a $5 coupon), Planet Puzzle League ($29.99), Shadow of the Colossus used ($13.49) and Odin Sphere ($34.99 after $5 coupon). I still have $40 credit.

Thanks for info!

Also the guy behind the counter (South Austin store) says he frequents the site and says we will be competing with each other at clearance Targets, Best Buys, and Circuit City's.

Very nice guy.

Hak! You must've been the guy they told me about?

You didnt give them that sealed Advance Wars DS did you?

If you did, you're a damn fool. Thats worth 3-4x that on the street.

[quote name='HakFoo']I traded in the following (all prices should be after 50% addition):

Moto GP (PSP) - $22.50
Nintendogs (DS) - $15.00

Picked up an MVP Card ($19.99 + a $5 coupon), Planet Puzzle League ($29.99), Shadow of the Colossus used ($13.49) and Odin Sphere ($34.99 after $5 coupon). I still have $40 credit.

Thanks for info!

Also the guy behind the counter (South Austin store) says he frequents the site and says we will be competing with each other at clearance Targets, Best Buys, and Circuit City's.

Very nice guy.[/QUOTE]

You do know that advanced wars and monster hunter freedom are probably worth triple of what they gave you..

Hey, I'll make him feel better by telling a similar story of trade in stupidity. I traded in a complete, like new copy of SMB NES Classic for GBA to EB for $10. I'm usually not clueless about ebay prices, but I was shocked to see it was worth $60ish at the time..

I called two stores after I got off of work. One store said portables were good to go for Buy 2 get 1 free the other said consoles only.
Also, everything I talk to in Gamecrazy seems to think it's E-rated only for the Xbox buy 2 get 1 free. Is it all Xbox games like the op says or E-rated only?

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']The people at the store called him a noob! Hahahahhaha.[/quote]

just to clarify we called him a noobie cag not in an insulting way!
shane your gonna get me fired

[quote name='HakFoo']I traded in the following (all prices should be after 50% addition):

Moto GP (PSP) - $22.50
Nintendogs (DS) - $15.00

Thanks for info!

Very nice guy.[/quote]

heh that was me. I already opened your advance wars. I've been waiting for this game to come in for awhile.
I've been amazed how many cags have come in lately. seriously today I had 5 people come in that found out about the sale from here

bread's done
Back