GameCrazy deals - 50% more for your trades - NOW ACTIVE! May end on 07/13/07.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Mods' note:
This may be extended until 07/13/07, according to this post from Scorch, which needs confirmation that he should get later today:
[quote name='Scorch']My manager said that since the flyer says 7/13, we'll honor that. If the coupon stops working, we'll do it manually. This is probably just for my store.[/quote]

These flyers arrived today at the store, I think they're meant to be put out Monday.

THESE DEALS ARE CURRENTLY ACTIVE! SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS!

***B2G1F on all "e" (used) rated games.

***B2G1F on all (used) XBox titles.

(of course, usual "equal or less" rule applies here)

***50% more trade in credit~! This applies ONLY to 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP games. Basically, bring in two (and two only) of your games and receive an additional 50% in credit towards your purchase. This DOES NOT stack with MVP.

If I am reading this correctly, according to this flyer, here's some of the trade-in prices AFTER the 50%:

Guitar Hero 2 (360) - $66
Command and Conquer 3 (360) - $45

This is only if they don't lower the trade-in values in anticipation of this promotion, though. If they don't, the 50% more thing will be MASSIVE profit for the customers (especially those of you who bought Tony Hawk at Costco).

As a side note, the prices for Ant Bully (Wii), Blitz The League (X360), Happy Feet (Wii), and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (X360) all went back up. This could be temporary, but for now, Ant Bully is 29.99/24.99, Blitz is 19.99/14.99, and both Happy Feet and Grim Adventures are 29.99/24.99. The same thing happened with Far Cry. It went down to 19.99/14.99, then back up to 49.99/44.99, then back down again to 19.99/14.99. It may be temporary and the prices may drop back down, I'll post if they do.

//edit: Also, there's one misprint in the flyer. It says Resident Evil 4 Wii is 49.99. This is not the case. It is 29.99.

COUPON CODE:

The coupon code for this deal is +CGCTC50INC

Anyone with a GC near them want 6 copies of Eragon to flip for profit? I'll sell them cheaper than I got them from Amazon's DOTD.

Unfortunatly. I bought them on Amazon during a DOTD and was going to flip them at Wherehouse.com but they JUST dropped the price. TODAY.

I'm so pissed.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']...everything I talk to in Gamecrazy seems to think it's E-rated only for the Xbox buy 2 get 1 free. Is it all Xbox games like the op says or E-rated only?[/quote]
The flier lists the E-rated and Xbox deals separately, exactly as the OP indicated.

[quote name='bassec']Unfortunatly. I bought them on Amazon during a DOTD and was going to flip them at Wherehouse.com but they JUST dropped the price. TODAY.

I'm so pissed.[/QUOTE]
Worst case scenario, you can return them to Amazon, I guess.

I opened them since I was going to trade them in. Obviously I didn't want to walk in with 6 sealed games of the same type. That'd be a little more suspicious than 6 opened games.

I ended up with around $120 on a giftcard from games that originally cost me roughly $44 (all from BB, KMart, and Target clearances) - I'd list them, but all of the games that I traded in are already mentioned in this thread. They didn't even require me to buy a new game. It looks like they put all of my trade-ins on 1 receipt, but I did notice that he had to scan (what I'm assuming is) the 50%-more barcode every 2 games.

Thanks a ton, OP! :D

[quote name='parKer20']I ended up with around $120 on a giftcard from games that originally cost me roughly $44 (all from BB, KMart, and Target clearances) - I'd list them, but all of the games that I traded in are already mentioned in this thread. [highlight]They didn't even require me to buy a new game.[/highlight] It looks like they put all of my trade-ins on 1 receipt, but I did notice that he had to scan (what I'm assuming is) the 50%-more barcode every 2 games.

Thanks a ton, OP! :D[/QUOTE]

I don't see how that is possible unless they did it manually or have a different system than my GC's. For me (at 2 stores) they could not close out the sale without having a new game purchase in the transacation. And they had to scan the 50% bonus barcode for every game I traded in.

Anyway, I got all the same prices everyone has been reporting, so that was nice (no surprises!). One new one is Puzzle Challenge for PSP (a Best Buy frontlane game) which gets $10.50 after the 50%.

At the first store I went to I wanted to do 4 games and at first they insisted I had to buy 2 new games. I asked if I could do a preorder and they said they would try. But then he couldn't even enter a preorder so had to do it as a separate transaction (which I wouldn't have done had I known as it didn't get me out of buying a new game :roll:). Anyway, since I expressed interest I went ahead with a preorder anyway, AND I had to buy a new game. And then he kept several $$ extra on my account for some reason (and gave me the rest on a gift card, even though I asked for all of it). I hate that as I lose track of which stores I have money sitting in :lol:.

At the next store they also said I had to buy a game, but I was OK with that as they took 6 games in, all with the bonus applied. As long as I wasn't forced to by 1 for every 2 traded I was happy with that.

Thanks to icruise (and whoever else) for the tips on Armored Core and Arcade Unplugged - I would never have guessed at the high values for either of those. I picked up an Arcade Unplugged at GS for $16.19 (using my Edge discount for the first time in 2 months since I renewed it :roll:). As a bonus I picked out a case that had an intact 1 month XBLA card in it. Note that these expire at the end of the month so for anyone looking to order a new one it all kind of works out nicely - it expires right when the GC promo ends. But, anyways, check those used cases at EB/GS for some clueless trade-ins (with the XBLA card still in it).

Even if it was allowed by the system I don't see how you people are getting them to let you go without buying a game or getting things like PS2 games traded in. The first thing both guys did was read the instructions on how to do it (on a fax or something) and it clearly states you have to buy a new game. It also states NO SPORTS GAMES. I've gotten this now from THREE stores (one on the phone, 2 in person).

[quote name='io']I was told right off the bat when I called my local store that no Sports games were allowed. (In addition to only being 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, DS of course). And that I'd have to buy a new game for every two traded. Another CAG called a store not too far from there and they have the same restrictions. Note that we are close to corporate - so maybe they are more heavily enforcing stuff here.

Now clearly the computer lets it work - so it's up to the person ringing it up.[/quote]
I'm a huge, huge, huge horse's ass. I just saw on the fine print that it DOES exclude sports games. Oh well. I've done 50% on sports games. BTW, the B2G1F on E and XBox games ends 7/13/07. 50% still ends 7/1.

You can say that again (no offense to Scorch et al). I was there the other day and the guy was really pushing the insurance on a cheap game, and kept insisting that a customer use his credit for preorders, even going so far as to claim that Mass Effect would be coming out the next week.

Gotta keep our jobs, man. Some of our most loyal customers will come in and get $100-$200 in credit and lock it all up in preorders just to help us out. And fuck the insurance "game guard" stuff. We're not ranked on it. I sell it all the time, but it's pretty worthless.

Do you think that particular store just had too many sports games and made up an exclusion? Also, it works on NES and SNES games?! It sounds like you're saying that the extra 50% coupon will work with any game, and it's just up to the person working the register whether they will use it or not.

I just wrote in that same sentence that GameCrazy no longer takes SNES or NES games. They no longer take anything PS1 and back. But the coupon is generic - it will bump anything up 50%, and it very much is up to the person working the register. I did notice a sports game exclusion line.. but it still works on it.

Is this eligible for portable games? The lady in Gamecrazy last night told me no, and also wouldn't ring up my Xbox games. She said the deal was only eligble for E rated titles. I tried showing her the add that said all Xbox games, but she wouldn't budge.

All E-Rated games as well as all used XBox games. When I say "all" E-rated, you could get a GBA game, a 360 game and a PS2 game and it'd work.

They tried to do a preorder for me with the trade ins and it would NOT work. System wouldn't accept it.

There's a certain way you have to do it. Let's say your trade gets $40, or $60 after you bonus. The system will NOT accept the bonus credit towards a preorder, but it'll take the 40. Or you can finish out the transaction, and after the receipt is done printing, say you want to put the credit on a game. But it does work, I've used credit to pay off Madden 08, GTA4, and NCAA for customers with the 50% deal.

Again:

B2G1F on ALL XBOX GAMES.

B2G1F on ALL E-RATED GAMES, you CAN mix and match systems.

50% trade bump on DS, PSP, Wii, PS3, X360 titles, sports titles excluded (but depends on the person @ the register)

[quote name='io']Even if it was allowed by the system I don't see how you people are getting them to let you go without buying a game or getting things like PS2 games traded in. The first thing both guys did was read the instructions on how to do it (on a fax or something) and it clearly states you have to buy a new game. It also states NO SPORTS GAMES. I've gotten this now from THREE stores (one on the phone, 2 in person).[/QUOTE]
I've been in twice, and both times the guys didn't really seem to know about the deal, so that might have worked in my favor. But neither time did they mention anything about having to buy a new game. It could be that they're cracking down on this now or something.

I pulled a massive trade earlier today with these results:

Bomberman (DS) $6.75
Burnout Legends (DS) $6.75
Pac 'N' Roll (DS) $9.00
Bust-A-Move (PSP) $21.00!
Virtua Tennis (PSP) $7.50
GTA: Liberty City Stories (PSP) $10.13
Tokobot (PSP) $10.50
Lumines (PSP) $7.50
World Series Of Poker (PSP) $10.50
Gripshift (PSP) $9.00
Call Of Duty 2 (360) $11.40
Phantasy Star Universe (360) $15.00

Picked up Motorstorm, Ridge Racer 7, RE4 Wii & an MVP card (both Motorstorm & Ridge Racer 7 were used, so the cost of getting an MVP was close to nothing)

Good Times!

[quote name='Scorch']I'm a huge, huge, huge horse's ass. I just saw on the fine print that it DOES exclude sports games. Oh well. I've done 50% on sports games. BTW, the B2G1F on E and XBox games ends 7/13/07. 50% still ends 7/1.[/QUOTE]

:lol:, no problem Scorch. I was thinking maybe it was a regional thing (like maybe the faxes sent out in my area all had that and others didn't). But, anyway, is it true that they can't close out the sale without the new game purchase? Is it possible there are different register systems? I'd hate to think the bastards at the first store were LYING to me. I was about to give them 2 preorders when he said he couldn't do those on the trade-in transaction (fair enough). But then he said he couldn't close out the trades without the new purchase being entered. Luckily they had a sealed Etrian Odyssey which I was considering getting anyway, so I snagged that. But in the back of my mind I was thinking I was getting BS'd so that's why I only did 1 of the 2 preorders afterwards.

Note they were also very adamant about the purchase being a NEW game (not used as many other people seem to have gotten away with). I believe all of you - I just find it shocking that while the guys I dealt with read the promo and stuck pretty much to the letter of it that you guys are finding all these employees that aren't :lol:. It seems the only thing in question (maybe due to vague wording) is whether you actually have to buy a new game for every 2 traded.

[quote name='io']I don't see how that is possible unless they did it manually or have a different system than my GC's. For me (at 2 stores) they could not close out the sale without having a new game purchase in the transacation. And they had to scan the 50% bonus barcode for every game I traded in.[/quote]
That's a flat out lie. Transactions can end at any time. And yes, the 50% coupon must be scanned for every game.

I was thinking maybe it was a regional thing (like maybe the faxes sent out in my area all had that and others didn't). But, anyway, is it true that they can't close out the sale without the new game purchase? Is it possible there are different register systems? I'd hate to think the bastards at the first store were LYING to me.
Just to reiterate, lie lie lie. It's not possible that there's different POS systems. The only thing that differs in systems between store to store is credit, which depends on stock at hand. It's weird though.. we have 6 copies of GoW2 (which normally gets around $20).. but 11 copies of GRAW2, and it still trades in for the full $30.

Even if it was allowed by the system I don't see how you people are getting them to let you go without buying a game or getting things like PS2 games traded in. The first thing both guys did was read the instructions on how to do it (on a fax or something) and it clearly states you have to buy a new game. It also states NO SPORTS GAMES. I've gotten this now from THREE stores (one on the phone, 2 in person).
Like I said.. depends on the person working the register. I've done 50% towards systems, towards games, towards preorders, whatever. As stated in a previous post, however, when trying to preorder, it only allows your original credit.. meaning if you got $40 in credit, $60 after the bonus, it will only allow you to preorder with the original 40. Once you end the transaction, you can go back in and use the $60 though.

If it sounds to you like our system is shitty and needs a good reworking.. you're right.

Note they were also very adamant about the purchase being a NEW game (not used as many other people seem to have gotten away with). I believe all of you - I just find it shocking that while the guys I dealt with read the promo and stuck pretty much to the letter of it that you guys are finding all these employees that aren't :lol:. It seems the only thing in question (maybe due to vague wording) is whether you actually have to buy a new game for every 2 traded.
You don't even have to buy a damn new game. I did it and the people got three used games yesterday.

If you want to be technical, if I am asked about it.. it says a new game in the promo. It doesn't say a new, sealed game, or a new release game. If a person wants Barbie on the GBA and they've never had it.. technically, that IS a new game to them. It's new in the sense that they've never had it before......

[quote name='Scorch']
All E-Rated games as well as all used XBox games. When I say "all" E-rated, you could get a GBA game, a 360 game and a PS2 game and it'd work.

Again:

B2G1F on ALL XBOX GAMES.

B2G1F on ALL E-RATED GAMES, you CAN mix and match systems.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, but the lady wouldn't budge at all. And plus I wasn't for certain. Any tips on conveying this to the people at Gamecrazy? The sales seem to be chaos every time at Gamecrazy...

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Thanks, but the lady wouldn't budge at all. And plus I wasn't for certain. Any tips on conveying this to the people at Gamecrazy? The sales seem to be chaos every time at Gamecrazy...[/quote]

Yeah. See if there's flyers in the store.

[quote name='Scorch']Yeah. See if there's flyers in the store.[/QUOTE]
I tried that. I opened it up and showed her the wording, how there was nothing about it not being good on portables and how it said ALL Xbox games.
Her response? "They screw up ads all the time. I mean look at the price for Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition in that ad. 49.99? That's not right."

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I tried that. I opened it up and showed her the wording, how there was nothing about it not being good on portables and how it said ALL Xbox games.
Her response? "They screw up ads all the time. I mean look at the price for Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition in that ad. 49.99? That's not right."[/quote]

Eh, she's right. But this is an actual deal.

They actually sent signage to display in the store today. Maybe that'll clue her in.

[quote name='Scorch']Eh, she's right. But this is an actual deal.

They actually sent signage to display in the store today. Maybe that'll clue her in.[/QUOTE]
Really? I hope so. That store had some DYNAMITE games for the DS, all for 22.xx After the Buy 2 get 1 free, that's going to be a very nice deal. I might try to drop by to knock some sense into her tomorrow. I really want to get a set of their DS games.
Thanks Scorch.

[quote name='io']I don't see how that is possible unless they did it manually or have a different system than my GC's. For me (at 2 stores) they could not close out the sale without having a new game purchase in the transacation.[/quote] Better luck next time, io.

[quote name='io']And they had to scan the 50% bonus barcode for every game I traded in.[/quote] [quote name='Scorch']And yes, the 50% coupon must be scanned for every game.[/quote] I actually didn't count how many times he scanned the barcode. I was busy checking out their pre-order binder and just heard the multiple beeps. :lol:

[quote name='Scorch']I'm a huge, huge, huge horse's ass. I just saw on the fine print that it DOES exclude sports games. Oh well. I've done 50% on sports games. BTW, the B2G1F on E and XBox games ends 7/13/07. 50% still ends 7/1.
[/quote]

Is NBA Street: HC still taken? It doesnt come out every year and I believe you mentioned it in the first post about it being like 37 or 40 dollars after bonus. Just checkin, gunna sell that and Dead Rising.

[quote name='Scorch']What'd they have? I may be able to buy them here and have you pay for them then just ship them out.[/QUOTE]
Oh, really? Through Gamecrazy's game finding service or your own genorosity? ;)
They had Hotel Dusk, Custom Robo Arena... and some other game. Funny, I forget now.

First things first... THANK YOU SCORCH for notifying everyone so early. This really allowed me and I'm sure many other CAGers to trade in some of those cheap best buy and circuit city games before the store was completely inundated with Gunpeys.

Traded some Gunpeys, Guilty Gears, Bust-A-Moves, Resistance:FoM, Castlevania: PoR, Monster Hunter Freedom (cart only, not in great condition), and Daxter for about 200 dollars worth of credit! Got RE4 Wii and some nunchucks for my new Wii! Thanks again Scorch!

[quote name='Scorch']That's a flat out lie. Transactions can end at any time. And yes, the 50% coupon must be scanned for every game.

Just to reiterate, lie lie lie. It's not possible that there's different POS systems. The only thing that differs in systems between store to store is credit, which depends on stock at hand. It's weird though.. we have 6 copies of GoW2 (which normally gets around $20).. but 11 copies of GRAW2, and it still trades in for the full $30.
[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I'll be heading to that store next time I'm near it and cancelling my preorder and getting all the rest of my credit (that they kept on the account) on my gift card. They would have gotten 2 preorders for me (note they were only going to put $5 on each and I had $75 before bonus so there was plenty available), and now they'll have nothing. OK, sure, they got their new game sale but it was something I wanted anyway.

I think at the second store they weren't so much saying I couldn't get a MS points card, just that that's not what the promo says, which is fair enough. But the guys at the first store flat-out lied then, which is not cool. I mean, just tell me the promo says it has to be a new game, and that's fine - but don't pretend to try to do it and then say it doesn't work :bomb:. Either a lie or he was flat-out incompetant - in either case I'd rather do my business at the second store where they were much cooler about it (despite not letting me get the MS points card instead of a game - though I really don't get the point of that).

[quote name='soyverde']

My trades so far:

Title : MVP Price : +50% Price

Legend of Zelda (Wii) : $28 : $38.18
Animal Crossing (DS) : $17.60 : $24
Polarium (DS) : $6.60 : $9
Worms (DS) : $8.25 : $11.25

Thanks again, Scorch.[/QUOTE]

Now THIS man knows how to post trade-in prices. :applause:
Wierd - AC:WW has actually gone up since the April price from the Wiki. It was $14 with MVP back then - a pretty big jump! That seems unusual for GC - more like an EB/GS thing (where they raise and lower prices according to corporate-wide supply). GC usually pegs the prices to what they sell it for used.

I appreciate the MVP pricing. Yeah, it's no big deal, I can do math, but it helps save me some time.

I'm in the process of updating the wiki. Hopefully this is helpful to someone - all anybody ever does is complain how out of date it is :lol:.

IO.. it's nothing about being incoherent, he flat-out hustled you. Each transaction ends with the push of a button. There's no "trying" to end the transaction. It's the same button every time, and it always works. There's only two things that EVER pop up, regardless of what deal is entered: One: "Customer could save $x.xx with MVP.", then a screen to remind them of game guard. There's also a screen if the title is rated M. There is NEVER, EVER any type of screen that says transaction cannot end. The way this deal is set up, it's literally NO different than doing a normal trade.

You scan two games. You get the credit. (Normal trade)

You scan two games. You get the credit. You scan the barcode. You get the bonus credit.

No harm, no foul. Nothing required. Want to trade in two and leave it on there? Cool. Preorder? No problem. Want a CD wallet? Go ahead. Want to use that extra 50% for a ton of disc buffing cards? Okay. It works the EXACT same way that any other non-credit transaction does.

Maybe you just got a new employee that was scared of losing his job and wanted to follow everything by the book.

[quote name='Scorch']IO.. it's nothing about being incoherent, he flat-out hustled you. Each transaction ends with the push of a button. There's no "trying" to end the transaction.

Maybe you just got a new employee that was scared of losing his job and wanted to follow everything by the book.[/QUOTE]

It was partly the last bit, for sure - this is the guy who asked his assistant manager what he could say (I guess to the manager or a DM?) if he "got in trouble" for my trades :roll:. The assistant just told him to say he was confused. Of course, this all pisses me off even more because I DID buy a new game with the promo so I don't know what he was all worried about (I guess that I didn't buy TWO games with my 4 trade-ins).

But, anyway, no big deal. I nixed one preorder because I was suspicious. I will cancel the one that he did put through when I get a chance. So for all his hustling and/or fear and/or incompetance, he ended up getting his game sale, but lost 2 preorders. Meh...

But he sure did act like the computer wouldn't let him close it out until the new game was on there! Eh, enough thinking about it, time to move on ;).

I would really like to do this deal at my local store (my favorite) but they were the ones who said one new game for every two trades, no exceptions...

ANYWAY, the point of all this for someone reading through this thread is that the exact requirements are going to be a huge YMMV. It seems to run the gamut from any games taken for trade (including PS2, etc) and no purchase requirements to a strict trade 2/buy 1 brand new sealed (or not ;)) game. Hell, I was happy at the second store that I was able to buy a GBA game (FF VI) with it - I figured they would tell me the purchase needed to be from one the same systems as the trade-ins.

[quote name='Scorch']
Maybe you just got a new employee that was scared of losing his job and wanted to follow everything by the book.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, why is it Gamecrazy is full of these people? It's always over the stupidest shit too that NOBODY would catch or even over stuff that would be acceptable under policy.

I traded in 2 ps3 games (including NBA 07) and received the 50% credit for both games:

Sonic PS3 - $18 w mvp - $24.54 after 50% (paid 22.49 at ebgames)
NBA 07 (The Kobe game) PS3 - $35 w mvp - 47.73 after 50% (paid 36.99 at ebgames)

Picked up viva pinata and pirates for the 360 (they said I had to spend it all on new games which wasn't much of a problem anyway since I wasn't supposed to get the 50% on NBA07.

Just for reference:

Crackdown $27
Burnout Revenge $17

I did the deal and, with two other games traded in, I got $55 in credit. I bought Tenchu Z (sue me, I like it). I had a bunch of other stuff that I traded in the same day for Resident Evil 4 for the Wii, putting the rest on The Darkness when it comes out next week.

My special thanks to Scorch for pointing out this deal.

[quote name='duckydan']
Picked up viva pinata and pirates for the 360 (they said I had to spend it all on new games which wasn't much of a problem anyway since I wasn't supposed to get the 50% on NBA07.[/QUOTE]

See, now there's a new twist that even the hardass store near me isn't enforcing. They suggested I get a cheap $9.99 PSP game so I could save the rest of the credit for other things. It's cool if you got some games you wanted but I really wouldn't want to have to spend ALL the credit right then and there (if I could put it all on preorders that would be OK though).

I had a hell of a hard time deciding what game I wanted at the second store I went to. I almost got TMNT (since it was just $30 and I thought my kids might like it) but to his credit, the GC clerk there dissuaded me :lol:. I was going to use a free rental on that and will just stick to that plan ;).

[quote name='Prepster']You do know that advanced wars and monster hunter freedom are probably worth triple of what they gave you..[/quote]

In my defense I picked up AW for $5 in the Target clearance months ago. I'd been sitting on it for a while and the last time I checked ebay (months ago) it was only worth $5-$10 more than what I got. I'm shocked to see it so high now.

And Monster Hunter I got for $16 in the Circuit City clearance. Been sitting on it for a while too. Ebay prices months ago were about $10-$15 more, I just forgot and traded it in without asking the price. :bomb:

Took in 4 games, and got nixed on NBA Street HC. He said all sports titles were excluded. So to be nice and not make me drive all the way back home, he just went ahead and gave me the 50% on the 1 game that wasn't paired.

After 50%

Forza 2 - 45
BulletWitch - 38
C&C3 - 45
NBA HC - 30

Told me I didn't have to spend it all, didn't force me to buy a game, and didn't force me to go get MVP.

So I went ahead and got MVP card, 5 games (Zelda TP, used Oblivion, N3, Lego SW II, Outfit) and paid $8.

First real time dealing with GC for me, and I think I'll pretty much stop dealing with EB/GS at this point. In fact next week I'll go pull my H3 preorder from GS and transfer it to here.

[quote name='io']See, now there's a new twist that even the hardass store near me isn't enforcing. They suggested I get a cheap $9.99 PSP game so I could save the rest of the credit for other things. It's cool if you got some games you wanted but I really wouldn't want to have to spend ALL the credit right then and there (if I could put it all on preorders that would be OK though).

I had a hell of a hard time deciding what game I wanted at the second store I went to. I almost got TMNT (since it was just $30 and I thought my kids might like it) but to his credit, the GC clerk there dissuaded me :lol:. I was going to use a free rental on that and will just stick to that plan ;).[/quote]

what you can do is get the 9.99 game, return it later for store credit on your mvp card. this is proven to work, as the guy that was trying to help me actually suggested it (the only thing is that the guy told me that i didnt hear that from him :)). the deal didnt state that you cannot return the game. you traded the games already and was given the 50% credit, they cant pull it back and give you the regular trade in value.

[quote name='phear3d']what you can do is get the 9.99 game, return it later for store credit on your mvp card. this is proven to work, as the guy that was trying to help me actually suggested it (the only thing is that the guy told me that i didnt hear that from him :)). the deal didnt state that you cannot return the game. you traded the games already and was given the 50% credit, they cant pull it back and give you the regular trade in value.[/QUOTE]

I'd do this if, like EB/GS, I could return it at another store. The problem is at my local GC they will know I got the game from the deal (especially since their return policy is just 7 days so I'd have to return it soon). And while I'm sure they would take it back, I don't want to be labelled as someone who takes advantage of the deals. Like I said before I'm on pretty friendly terms with my closest store and it is where I'd like to continue doing preorders and the like. I just wish they were more flexible on this deal like nearly every other GC :roll:.

However, I could see trying this at one of the other GC stores around here. I have about 7 I can go to, though some are a bit of a drive...

[quote name='Orochi Jin']Took in 4 games, and got nixed on NBA Street HC. He said all sports titles were excluded. So to be nice and not make me drive all the way back home, he just went ahead and gave me the 50% on the 1 game that wasn't paired.

After 50%

Forza 2 - 45
BulletWitch - 38
C&C3 - 45
NBA HC - 30

Told me I didn't have to spend it all, didn't force me to buy a game, and didn't force me to go get MVP.

So I went ahead and got MVP card, 5 games (Zelda TP, used Oblivion, N3, Lego SW II, Outfit) and paid $8.

First real time dealing with GC for me, and I think I'll pretty much stop dealing with EB/GS at this point. In fact next week I'll go pull my H3 preorder from GS and transfer it to here.[/quote]

I think that not counting NBA HC would have been bullshit. NBA Live and 2k- series comes out every year, NBA street maybe every 2 or 3. NBA Street shouldnt be discarded, the game doesnt change every year or diminish in value.

Also, I assume he went ahead and gave you the credit for it or did he not give you +50%?

[quote name='mith0s']I think that not counting NBA HC would have been bullshit. NBA Live and 2k- series comes out every year, NBA street maybe every 2 or 3. NBA Street shouldnt be discarded, the game doesnt change every year or diminish in value.

Also, I assume he went ahead and gave you the credit for it or did he not give you +50%?[/QUOTE]

I argued that back for that same reasoning, but seeing as I didn't want to drive all the way back home to switch out games (no GC real close to me) and the fact that he bumped the other game up to 50% even though it was no longer in a pair of two anyway....

Yeah my post was slightly wrong. NBA HC was 30 without the 50% added in.

I love this deal! Just scored another $200 cred with it. Some of my trade in values after 50% bump.

COD3 (Wii) : $34
Armored Core:FF (PSP): $21
Bust a Move Deluxe (PSP) : $21
Xbox Live Arcade (360): $27
Guilty Gear Judgement (PSP): $16

Just a head's up, it's extremely YMMV on being able to trade in more than two games at once. The store in Old Bridge, NJ was enforcing the two games only rule.

At least I didn't spend a lot of money on flip fodder.

anyone know there trade in value of a psp system?

With all the issues of stores making some of you buy mvp why not ask for proof of this rule?

I noticed on my receipt that they did not tack on the extra 10% for MVP members before they gave the extra 50% bump. Can I still go back and ask for the 10%?

bread's done
Back