GameCrazy deals - 50% more for your trades - NOW ACTIVE! May end on 07/13/07.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Mods' note:
This may be extended until 07/13/07, according to this post from Scorch, which needs confirmation that he should get later today:
[quote name='Scorch']My manager said that since the flyer says 7/13, we'll honor that. If the coupon stops working, we'll do it manually. This is probably just for my store.[/quote]

These flyers arrived today at the store, I think they're meant to be put out Monday.

THESE DEALS ARE CURRENTLY ACTIVE! SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS!

***B2G1F on all "e" (used) rated games.

***B2G1F on all (used) XBox titles.

(of course, usual "equal or less" rule applies here)

***50% more trade in credit~! This applies ONLY to 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP games. Basically, bring in two (and two only) of your games and receive an additional 50% in credit towards your purchase. This DOES NOT stack with MVP.

If I am reading this correctly, according to this flyer, here's some of the trade-in prices AFTER the 50%:

Guitar Hero 2 (360) - $66
Command and Conquer 3 (360) - $45

This is only if they don't lower the trade-in values in anticipation of this promotion, though. If they don't, the 50% more thing will be MASSIVE profit for the customers (especially those of you who bought Tony Hawk at Costco).

As a side note, the prices for Ant Bully (Wii), Blitz The League (X360), Happy Feet (Wii), and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (X360) all went back up. This could be temporary, but for now, Ant Bully is 29.99/24.99, Blitz is 19.99/14.99, and both Happy Feet and Grim Adventures are 29.99/24.99. The same thing happened with Far Cry. It went down to 19.99/14.99, then back up to 49.99/44.99, then back down again to 19.99/14.99. It may be temporary and the prices may drop back down, I'll post if they do.

//edit: Also, there's one misprint in the flyer. It says Resident Evil 4 Wii is 49.99. This is not the case. It is 29.99.

COUPON CODE:

The coupon code for this deal is +CGCTC50INC

[quote name='io']See, this where more wackiness comes in. WTF on Gunpey DS for $20/$30?? It had had an MVP price of $11 for quite a while. Or did you mean PSP? In that case, it is $9.90 with MVP. What is this $20/$30 thing, or is that for both copies combined? If so, DON'T DO THAT! :rofl: (looking it it more I figure you must mean for 2 copies combined - again, please don't post them that way as then I need to figure out your meaning - everyone should just post what they get with 50% - I'll figure it out from there ;)).

Also, what is the problem with Pokemon? It matches the Wiki exactly. Wiki price is $18 (with MVP) which means a base of $16.36, which means $24.54 after 50% bonus.[/QUOTE]

Re: Gunpey DS. Sorry about that. I thought it was clear that (x2) meant that I traded in two. That's how it was on my receipt. Using your method, $11 after MVP is correct, $15/copy after 50% bonus.

Re: Pokemon, I see what you're getting at because the wiki is based on the MVP price. However, it could be a bit misleading if you start with the MVP price in the wiki, then add 50% bonus. I think for this 50% bonus thing, it's easier to start with the non-MVP price then add the 50% and that's what your going to get. Also, it's just a bit odd that the base trade is a really odd number, $16.36 and that didn't make much sense to me at the time. Other wiki values are fairly "round".

Ok, so in the future, I'll just note post-bonus numbers and avoid doubling up the numbers. I have a couple pairs of other games....I don't want to confuse you again....:booty:

Thanks for all of your hard work on the wiki updates.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Is it true you only get 50% more cred on the highest priced game and not the other game you trade?[/quote]

No, you should get it on all games. The terms of the deal are not very detailed so in my experience empoyees are interpreting them differently (or making stuff up). But you should get the extra 50% on the 2 games traded in.

[quote name='kell']No, you should get it on all games. The terms of the deal are not very detailed so in my experience empoyees are interpreting them differently (or making stuff up). But you should get the extra 50% on the 2 games traded in.[/quote]

I only got it on one game. I'm going back to try to get it on on the other games i traded in.

[quote name='derder']It says explicitely that they won't take any returns on used merchandise. Sorry, thems the breaks.

You have to go in there with a clear head if you expect any leeway.[/quote]
Yes, I know. That's why I called him and asked if there was anything he could do. The reason I'm pissed is because he's a fucking liar and said "Oh, yeah, come in tomorrow and we'll sort it out," and then denied ever saying that or seeing me in the store.

Although still pissed about the values of several games going down yesterday, I took in two more today.

MLB 2K7 $30 ---> $45 after bonus (yes, my GC does allow sports titles for this deal)
PGR3 $10 ---> $15 after bonus

$60 credit went to pay for The Bigs on 360. F

Traded in
Gears of War - $40.91
Condemned - $10.50
both with the 50% bonus

picked up Oblivion C.E. (360) for $49.49

[quote name='Silkk_34']Traded in
Gears of War - $40.91
Condemned - $10.50
both with the 50% bonus

picked up Oblivion C.E. (360) for $49.49[/QUOTE]

So Gears went down? Wiki shows $30 on 6/25 so was $45 with 50%.

Gears value seems a bit strange.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']The wiki seems wrong
Arcade Unplugged - $20 - 6/26/07
How is that possible? It costs $20 new at TRU and I think everywhere else...[/QUOTE]
I got $20+ after 50%. GameCrazy was still selling it at 39.99 as of this past weekend.

[quote name='OGHowie']I got $20+ after 50%. GameCrazy was still selling it at 39.99 as of this past weekend.[/quote]

Holy crap!!!

So buying it for $15 used at gs and then flipping it there would be worthwhile right?

Arcade Unplugged has been the best flip that I've found. It was getting $27.27 after 50% bonus. Yesterday it was $25.00 after bonus. Not sure if it went down again today.

I got $27.27 for it after bonus yesterday, so there hasn't been any company-wide reduction in price. I paid about $11 shipped for it from a Half.com seller (and it was new and included one month of Xbox Live!)

[quote name='awp']Arcade Unplugged has been the best flip that I've found. It was getting $27.27 after 50% bonus. Yesterday it was $25.00 after bonus. Not sure if it went down again today.[/quote]

The circuit city 360 clearance games are a far better flip. Bust a move for psp is also a better flip. It costs 10 at cc and can be traded in for 21 after bonus.

[quote name='bob330i']Re: Pokemon, I see what you're getting at because the wiki is based on the MVP price. However, it could be a bit misleading if you start with the MVP price in the wiki, then add 50% bonus. I think for this 50% bonus thing, it's easier to start with the non-MVP price then add the 50% and that's what your going to get. Also, it's just a bit odd that the base trade is a really odd number, $16.36 and that didn't make much sense to me at the time. Other wiki values are fairly "round".
[/QUOTE]

Well, the odd numbers for base prices are so that with MVP they come out nicely. E.g., $16.38 -> $18 with MVP. Just look at the fliers they have - they advertize all kinds of prices like that. For example, right above the 50% trade-in offer deal: Need For Speed Carbon PS3 "Get $35.00 - Regular Trade $31.82". So $35 is with MVP, $31.82 without (and thus with 50% bonus it would be $47.73).

It makes sense to keep the Wiki maintained with MVP prices (as it was started that way and I'm not about to go through it and change them all). This 50% bonus deal is a one-time thing and nothing like it has happened for quite a while. There are 20% bonus coupons occasionally but for the most part people are going to get the MVP pricing, so that makes the most sense to include in the Wiki.

Now, granted, we DON'T do that with the EB trade-in wiki but that's because prior to the GS merge they didn't bump up trade-in values by 10% with the Edge card.

:lol: at the "discovery" of Arcade Unplugged. People mention trading that in at least once every page or so ;). That one is always worth asking about in store before you trade, though, because it is only a matter of time before they adjust the value for that.

[quote name='GBmanNC']The circuit city 360 clearance games are a far better flip. Bust a move for psp is also a better flip. It costs 10 at cc and can be traded in for 21 after bonus.[/quote]

getting bust a move
nice!

[quote name='Bravelionheart']Yes, I know. That's why I called him and asked if there was anything he could do. The reason I'm pissed is because he's a fucking liar and said "Oh, yeah, come in tomorrow and we'll sort it out," and then denied ever saying that or seeing me in the store.[/quote]

These video game stores sound like places you need to go wearing those Dateline NBC-type hidden cameras just so you can have proof of underhandness.

I've only heard of Gamestop/EB Games horror stories until now.

if i trade in

Rumble Roses
Marvel UA
Kameo
Ridge Racer
THP8
Bust a move
MG Acid 2
TH 2
Brain Age

going by the site data I should probably get

enough credit for a DS Lite!!!

fraggedbylaggers, Rumble Roses is worth squat ($7.50 after bonus) - don't go on the misinfo posted in the TRU thread ;). And also keep in mind some stores may have lower prices for some games if they have too many used copies. The Wiki prices tend to be the max the games will get, though 95% of the time that's what you'll get. Also, of course, the prices could drop (system-wide) at any time.

[quote name='io']fraggedbylaggers, Rumble Roses is worth squat ($7.50 after bonus) - don't go on the misinfo posted in the TRU thread ;). And also keep in mind some stores may have lower prices for some games if they have too many used copies. The Wiki prices tend to be the max the games will get, though 95% of the time that's what you'll get. Also, of course, the prices could drop (system-wide) at any time.[/quote]

I only paid $4.75 new for it;)
so I just think it is worth getting rid of for a small profit. The acheivments are nearly impossible anyways...

No luck on trying to get my "missing" credit back from my trade yesterday. The person working agreed with my explanation, but called a manager. To my luck the manager he called was the one who was there the other day.

He told me that I got 50% more on only two of my 360 games because I put it towards a new game (The Darkness PS3). The other two DS and 360 games didn't get the bonus because I didn't put them towards a new game, just pre-orders.

Here is a new trade value for the Wiki. I went back today to trade some random stuff in.

-Super Princess Peach (DS): $15.40 (w/ MVP)

So after my two days of trades, I'm still happy. Thanks again to Scorch for posting this deal.

From the credit I made from this deal....

The Darkness (PS3)- $59.99
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3 Pre Order)- $59.99
Blue Dragon (X360 Pre Order)- $59.99
Lair (PS3 Pre Order)- $10.00

I also have $22.10 leftover in credit to completely pay for Blue Dragon and Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Then whatever is leftover I'll put towards Lair.

I can avoid going to EB/Gamestop the ENTIRE summer and most of the fall now :)

Th2- $4
Metal Gear Acid 2 - $3.30
Virtua Tennis - $5.50
Rumble Roses XX - $5.50
Tony Hawk's Project 8 - $28
Kameo - $10
Marvel UA- $20

if those are even remotely accurate that is already about $105. NTM when I pick up Bust a Move and trade that in with brain age for hopefully another $30 after the extra 50%. Hopefully they will actually have a DS...

asianxcore, sounds like this manager doesn't know what he's talking about. The clerk at the Gamecrazy I went to was on top of things (and she was hot too!!!!!), knowing what consoles' games fell under the 50% extra deal, sports games don't get the extra (but Virtua Tennis 3 counted because it wasn't an annual release), and I had no problems ordering a new game and making a pre-order. Too bad I couldn't find anymore CC bargain titles.

man, i just called my store and they just sold out of the darkness and won't be getting any more copies until next week at the earliest.

i've got a $30 gift card at best buy, but i'm not sure the game is worth spending $20 out of pocket.

did they stop taking Dance Dance . I was told that if i didnt have the dance pad they wouldnt take it. I had just bought 2 from Circuit City. They refuse to give me bonus credit on Virtual Tennis 3 told me its a regular sports game.

[quote name='averageguy']did they stop taking Dance Dance . I was told that if i didnt have the dance pad they wouldnt take it. I had just bought 2 from Circuit City. They refuse to give me bonus credit on Virtual Tennis 3 told me its a regular sports game.[/quote]
If your gc wont take them you can get your money back and than alittle more trading them at fye. You'll get around 25 cash each for them with the plus 20% and another 25% if you take store credit

[quote name='io']Well, the odd numbers for base prices are so that with MVP they come out nicely. E.g., $16.38 -> $18 with MVP. Just look at the fliers they have - they advertize all kinds of prices like that. For example, right above the 50% trade-in offer deal: Need For Speed Carbon PS3 "Get $35.00 - Regular Trade $31.82". So $35 is with MVP, $31.82 without (and thus with 50% bonus it would be $47.73).

It makes sense to keep the Wiki maintained with MVP prices (as it was started that way and I'm not about to go through it and change them all). This 50% bonus deal is a one-time thing and nothing like it has happened for quite a while. There are 20% bonus coupons occasionally but for the most part people are going to get the MVP pricing, so that makes the most sense to include in the Wiki.

Now, granted, we DON'T do that with the EB trade-in wiki but that's because prior to the GS merge they didn't bump up trade-in values by 10% with the Edge card.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the explanation. Learning new stuff is good.:bouncy:

[quote name='GBmanNC']If your gc wont take them you can get your money back and than alittle more trading them at fye. You'll get around 25 cash each for them with the plus 20% and another 25% if you take store credit[/QUOTE]

I will try that I went in their last nite and asked for a price on it and they only quoted me 15 dollars for it before the differences.

I keep on seeing different prices, is there a definitive amount being offered for M:UA on the 360? I saw $30 before the 50% earlier in the thread, and now someone posted only $20 before the %50, but they didn't include the system.

I'm not sure which is which. Does anybody know?

Thanks to the OP, and CAG in general I've picked up/ Paid off:

Halo 3 CE
The Darkness 360
Virtua Tennis 3 360
Just Cause 360
GR:AW 2 360

and still have $124 in credit remaining after spending $170

Huh.

I just called my GC here in Dallas (The only one in the state as far as I can tell) and was told that this deal ended yesterday, can someone confirm that?

Well I just made the transaction today. Either the person you talked to is an idiot or that store cracked down on the trade-ins. The deal is week-long.

[quote name='Jiggadabaptist']I keep on seeing different prices, is there a definitive amount being offered for M:UA on the 360? I saw $30 before the 50% earlier in the thread, and now someone posted only $20 before the %50, but they didn't include the system.
[/quote]

I just went today and got $20 before the bonus 50%. I went to the GC in North Haven, CT

OH AND I GOT A DS LITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

All Prices include bonus 50%:
360:
Perfect Dark Zero LE- $11.63
Marvel UA- $30
Rumble Roses XX- $7.50
Tony Hawk P8- $30
Condemned- $10.50
Kameo- $10
PSP:
Metal Gear Acid 2- $4.50
Tony Hawk's Underground 2- $7
Virtua Tennis- $7.50
Bust-a-move- $21!!!!!!!:applause:

GRAND TOTAL CREDIT: $139.63 FTW!!!!

Then I went to Walmart and got Pokemon Diamond for free using the rest of a $50 GC that I got for free from a previous deal on this site!

I LOVE CHEAPASSGAMER!!!

I'm hitting up CC again tommorrow so I can get more credit and get Planet Puzzle League!

Thanks OP!!!

question:

don't know if it's unethical to do this.

So I traded in some games and was forced to buy new games so I got overlord and darkness.

but now, can I trade both of them in for $60 each after 50% and buy it back with mvp used for $45 each?

[quote name='supaet']question:

So I traded in some games and was forced to buy new games so I got overlord and darkness.

but now, can I trade both of them in for $60 each after 50% and buy it back with mvp used for $45 each?[/quote]

IF they would net you $60 each in credit then technically you could do this. If they were morons and dont let you buy them back just wait a bit and get them a little later...

They werent supposed to force you to buy new games...

[quote name='supaet']question:

but now, can I trade both of them in for $60 each after 50% and buy it back with mvp used for $45 each?[/QUOTE]
eh, i dunno how stoked the staff would be on that, but i guess you could.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']IF they would net you $60 each in credit then technically you could do this. If they were morons and dont let you buy them back just wait a bit and get them a little later...

They werent supposed to force you to buy new games...[/quote]
If he does that he will also be forced to buy an additional new game. Buy one of their old 7.99 games.

The wording on the ad makes it seem like they want you to buy a new game for every 2 traded. Nothing in the computer forces them to though

Did another trade today
Dead or alive Xtreme 2 $37.50
Dance Dance Revolution Universe $30.00

At least values seem to be holding. Picked up a sealed copy of lumines for 19.99 and a used one for 13.49. I had no idea the early copies went for so much.

trade-in prices after 50% bonus for today:

Armored Core PSP X2 = 21 bucks
Bust-A-Move PSP X2= 21 BUCKS
Gears of War = 40.91 dollars
Marvel Ulitmate Alliance = 30 bucks (boo)

Plus the guy told me i didn't have to buy anything! So 154.91 onto my gift card. Thanks to Scorch and Io for the tremendous help in this thread. Kudos

You know those Tony Hawk Helmet cams are awesome discreet portable video recorders. I used one to do a how to video on redbox codes..but never got around to producing it from the footage.

They're $50 at Gamestops that still have them, less on Amazon and eBay, and even less at Kay B Toys on clearance if you can find them. (something like $20 w/ B1G1-50% off.

Records onto an SD card. With sound. No good for DVDs, but would work for YouTube ;)

[quote name='H-Town Info']trade-in prices after 50% bonus for today:

Armored Core PSP X2 = 21 bucks
Bust-A-Move PSP X2= 21 BUCKS
Gears of War = 40.91 dollars
Marvel Ulitmate Alliance = 30 bucks (boo)

Plus the guy told me i didn't have to buy anything! So 154.91 onto my gift card. Thanks to Scorch and Io for the tremendous help in this thread. Kudos[/quote]

I guess I'm going tomorrow after a trip to CC

Bustamove for $21
Dead or alive Xtreme 2 $37.50
Dance Dance Revolution Universe $30.00
Some other game I have kicking around

It will only cost me $40 and I'll get $90+ :D

[quote name='deneem4']iight so i got a situation i need some input on i want forza and dirt but i want to be able to return the im i don't like them so this what i was thinking

buy forza and dirt new, then trade them both in for strore credit( i don't know the trade in values) then used the buy 2 e rated games get 1 free and buy my traded copies back( they should count them as used) which will give me an extra game to keep or trade back in (virtua tennis, Mlb 2k7, rattaouile) which ever gets the most trade in value.

so do anybody think this will work[/quote]

well since nobody else din't want to answer my post i went ahead and did it with wonderful results
started with 31 credit

1)traded spiderman and smackdown back in and i traded ncaa 07 $10, xbox music mixer, psp usb cord - $2.50($30 n $35 or something")
2)bought forza n dirt($120)
3)traded forza and dirt in($90)
4)bought forza dirt and mlb 07 ask part of e rated b2g1f deal($90)
5)traded mlb in ($45)
6)found a rb6 vegas and crackdown in used game case
7)traded rb6 vegas in(38.18)
8)bought shadow run reserved ncaa $50.00

now i have 33.21 left

preety good day seeing i came in with 3 xbox 360 games 1 xbox game a usb cord and 30 dollars of credit

and i left with dirt, forza 2, shadowrun, and $33.21 worth of credit

also crackdown(wasn't part of a deal just found it)

[quote name='deneem4']well since nobody else din't want to answer my post i went ahead and did it with wonderful results
started with 31 credit

1)traded spiderman and smackdown back in and i traded ncaa 07 $10, xbox music mixer, psp usb cord - $2.50($30 n $35 or something")
2)bought forza n dirt($120)
3)traded forza and dirt in($90)
4)bought forza dirt and mlb 07 ask part of e rated b2g1f deal($90)
5)traded mlb in ($45)
6)found a rb6 vegas and crackdown in used game case
7)traded rb6 vegas in(38.18)
8)bought shadow run reserved ncaa $50.00

now i have 33.21 left

preety good day seeing i came in with 3 xbox 360 games 1 xbox game a usb cord and 30 dollars of credit

and i left with dirt, forza 2, shadowrun, and $33.21 worth of credit

also crackdown(wasn't part of a deal just found it)[/QUOTE]
You don't have to lie to make yourself look good ^__^

Just curious. What are the benefits to having my trade in amount put on a gift card vs. getting store credit?

With a gift card, I can use it at any GameCrazy, that's a given. However I will have to pay the tax on a game when using a gift card.

With a store credit, I can only purchase items at that particular store. Makes it sort of a hassle. On the other hand, if I buy games with my store credit, I will not have to pay any tax on the game since, store credit isn't considered "cash".

So GameCrazy experts, what is better to have? Store credit or gift card?

I was only allowed to do two. I don't know how you guys are pulling this stuff off.

I traded in Kameo and Wario: SM for $50. They wanted me to purchase a new game, which was fine because that was my plan. I got RE4. I think I'll exchange it for Forza 2.

You people and your crazy sales tax. I can't help you there, I don't pay it in any case ;). Thus, I vote forever and always for the Gift Card option so the credit is under your control and portable. I do, however, leave small amounts of credit at the closest GC as that's where I tend to preorder stuff.

I always keep mine on the card so I can use it at hollywood video and other gamecrazy stores. I guess it is a regional thing on the sales tax? Never had to pay it in cash here in California when using the card.

Anyone know if games rated E but with the subtext of "10+" work with the B2G1? The newbie I had ringing me up refused to do it for me but it seems kind of silly

[quote name='nonggame']You don't have to lie to make yourself look good ^__^[/quote]

im not lien look at my gamertag im serious

bread's done
Back