GameCrazy SEGA Sale - Condemned $35, Sega Tennis $30, Viking $35, HoD2/3 $20 + Others

foxhunt99

CAGiversary!
Gamecrazy is selling new condemned 2 for 34.99. Not sure how long it will last.

LinkinPrime Edit:
[quote name='Scorch']Alright, here's the deal. I thought this was an April Fool's joke, apparently not. This is indeed a "Sega Sale". Here's the full list.. new/used prices

DS
Mario and Sonic Olympic 24.99/19.99
Sega Superstar Tennis 19.99/??.??

PS3
Condemned 2 34.99/29.99
Sega Superstar Tennis 29.99/19.99
Viking 34.99/29.99

Wii
House of the Dead 2/3 19.99/34.99 (expect the used to change to 14.99)
Mario and Sonic Olympic 29.99/19.99

X360
Condemned 2 34.99/29.99
Viking 34.99/29.99

These sale prices are "for the next few weeks", according to the memo. Trade-in prices have already been brought down, as Condemned and Sega Superstar Tennis both trade in at $17.xx. This is not YMMV, all stores have these prices in their POS as of this morning. Even if it says the wrong price on the wall, it will ring up as the sale price.

Yet the only fucking Sega game I want isn't on sale.. The Club. BAH!

Can a mod change the topic title to "GameCrazy Sega Sale" and update the OP with my information?

Good luck on getting Viking -- most stores were sent 2-3 copies. Same with Sega Superstar Tennis. Condemned 2 shouldn't be too terribly hard to get ahold of, though.

//edit: Also, all stores should have the MGS4 beta keys now.[/quote]

[quote name='QiG']Confirmed. The guy let me see the sale e-mail while I was there and it is indeed a sega sale. There were about a dozen games on the list including duplicates for multi-platform titles, but condemned 2, mario and sonic, tennis, and hotd 2/3 are all on sale officially and there might have been some others, but I wasn't interested and I didn't want to stare at it too long since he was letting me see it.

Awesome deal at 40% off a new title. Thanks OP![/quote]

WTF? Sega Superstars Tennis for :360: $30!?!?! Damn...I gotta find a GC near me.

Alright, here's the deal. I thought this was an April Fool's joke, apparently not. This is indeed a "Sega Sale". Here's the full list.. new/used prices

DS

PS3
Condemned 2 34.99/29.99
Viking 34.99/29.99

Wii

X360
Condemned 2 34.99/29.99
Viking 34.99/29.99

These sale prices are "for the next few weeks", according to the memo. Trade-in prices have already been brought down, as Condemned and Sega Superstar Tennis both trade in at $17.xx. This is not YMMV, all stores have these prices in their POS as of this morning. Even if it says the wrong price on the wall, it will ring up as the sale price.

Can a mod change the topic title to "GameCrazy Sega Sale" and update the OP with my information?

Good luck on getting Viking -- most stores were sent 2-3 copies. Same with Sega Superstar Tennis. Condemned 2 shouldn't be too terribly hard to get ahold of, though.

//edit: Also, all stores should have the MGS4 beta keys now.

Excellent deal! I picked up Condemned this morning but passed on Viking. While I'm interested in Viking I have a feeling that it's going to drop like a rock in the next few months - probably before I had time to play it if I were to buy it today.

Picked up a copy of Condemned 2. Great Deal for a game that just came out. I also passed on Viking. As was already said that game will fall like a rock (kinda like Beowulf) maybe pick it up then. My store had no used copies of Sega Superstar Tennis which I would have also picked up for $19.99 like Scorch said but they informed me that at the store the used prices have not dropped accordingly with this sale anyways. Maybe I will be able get a hold of it for cheaper in the next few weeks.

My store had no used copies of Sega Superstar Tennis which I would have also picked up for $19.99 like Scorch said but they informed me that at the store the used prices have not dropped accordingly with this sale anyways.

Yes they have.

[quote name='Scorch']Alright, here's the deal. I thought this was an April Fool's joke, apparently not. This is indeed a "Sega Sale". Here's the full list.. new/used prices

DS

PS3
Condemned 2 34.99/29.99
Viking 34.99/29.99

Wii

X360
Condemned 2 34.99/29.99
Viking 34.99/29.99

//edit: Also, all stores should have the MGS4 beta keys now.[/quote]

Adding this to op. Thanks Scorch.

Hmm very tempting but the thing is I have only played the demo of the first condemned do you think I could get into this without knowing much about the first? And I already have a huge backlog of games to play. Any coupons that would make this deal even sweeter?

Condemned and its sequel are pretty good horror games. Not on the level of Resident Evil, though. There's some jumps for sure. The sequel adds some more investigation: you'll get to a body and have to determine how the person was killed and find other evidence. The game rates you on your accuracy.

I'm only a third of the way into C2 but it follows most of the same formula as the first: walk around dark hallways, hand-to-hand combat (usually with a weapon from the environment, like a crowbar or fire extinguisher) with some crazies, find clues, exit the level.

I'd give it a 8/10 and say its definitely worth $35. You don't really need to know anything about the first game to enjoy the second, but it may help to read a synopsis so you understand the characters.

To day I picked up:

Condemned (PS3) - $35
Sega Superstar Tennis (Xbox 360) - $30
Viking (PS3) - $35

$107 out the door in Oceanside, CA

THANKS OP!!!

Damn, that's nice for Condemned 2, though I never could make it through the first one. I was scared shitless by that game. I wonder if any of those DS games are decent, though. I need something to play on a long plane ride soon.

I was already mourning the loss of our GameCrazy in Greenville, SC (always nice to have another alternative to the EB/Gamestop near-monopoly). Now this sale comes along and I'm even more depressed. I would have liked Condemned 2, Sega Tennis and Viking for those prices.

Still hoping that the latter two drop in price fairly quickly...I'm sure Condemned 2 is selling well enough that it'll be a while before it drops.

I know I can't buy these games online but anyone knows if there is a way,please I have paypal if someone have a extra copy of Viking.Thanks in advance!

[quote name='garlinfreak']are gamecrazy's in every hollywood video?[/quote]

Nope, just a few and they are dwindling.

Hopefully the sale will still being going when ever I get a chance to make it the closest Gamecrazy since most of them have been closed down. Need me some Tennis and Condemded 2 so I can kick fools in the junk.

just picked up condemned 2 though i got the demo copy since appareantly they were almost out(i only saw 2 copies left)
was also thinking about sega superstar tennis but i didnt kno it was on $19 used or i might of picked that up as well :lol:

I have Best Buy credit I want to get rid of. If I have time I'll try to get them to PM the Wii Tennis price. Has anyone had any success with this? Is there any kind of GameCrazy flier that might show the games and prices that can be scanned? My closest GC is 20 miles through lots of traffic.

[quote name='NJMane']My store had no used copies of Sega Superstar Tennis which I would have also picked up for $19.99 like Scorch said but they informed me that at the store the used prices have not dropped accordingly with this sale anyways. [/quote]

[quote name='Scorch']Yes they have.[/quote]

Well at my store they have not dropped the used prices yet. Regardless they did not have any of the sale items used yet. Probably because they are still really new. Could be that he was yet to be informed because it seems as-though alot of sales associates are being surprised by the price when they ring it up. I hope that they do drop the used and someone sells back a copy of Sega Tennis (I dont think its worth $30 but at $20 used I would pick it up.)

[quote name='bigscoot4269']is mario and sonic at the olympics worth it at that price?[/quote]

I think so. I picked it up for $25 when I got SSBB (Deal at Toys R US). I really enjoy it more than I though I would. My girlfriend loves it. Incase you have not seen the new add for Circuit City next week it will be $29.99 there too if you dont have a GC around.

It looks like people have been picking up Viking. For those who have picked up and played it is it worth the $35 or not? Thanks.

After heavy debate, I just went ahead and bought Viking (PS3). Figured might as well. If i get done and bored with it, the trade in value should still be pretty high. So I wouldn't be out much at all.

I got the last copy at my location too :D.

Asked the clerk if anybody has come in for the deal, he said I was the first one to pick up on it.

I will try to give it a play tonight. Picked up Condemned 2 yesterday, its pretty awesome, but I will wait until the sound issues are fixed. I turned sound settings to 2 channel from 5.1, that helped wiht the dropouts, but there is still quite a bit of static and noise coming through. With a game like that, I don't want sound issues to interfere with the gameplay.

[quote name='capsule']Gamecrazy in Old Bridge, NJ is out of both Condemed 2 and Viking :([/QUOTE]

I was there about a hour or so ago. Guess I got the last one.

[quote name='DomLando']Picked up Condemned 2 & HOD 2/3. Thanks OP![/quote]
Same.

Question re: Condemned 2. Are there any differences between the 360 and PS3 versions? I was going to get it for 360 since that's the system I have the original but they were sold out. Trying to see if I need to bother trying to trade for the 360 version or if the PS3 version is the same/better.

Is Sega Tennis 360 good for $30? I like the fanservice, but I'm not sure if it has enough depth or online play to interest me.

I just picked up a copy of condemned 2 at my local GC for 35$, cashier had no idea about the sale.
And I almost bit on it for 40$ at fry's a few weeks ago.
Its a shame because i haven't even beaten the first game yet that i got for 15$ at frys.

What's up with the sales on new games lately.... i haven't had to pay more then 40$ (before tax) for any game yet since i got my 360 last December, not like I'm complaining hehe.
And because i'm lucky that i live around all the good stores and thanks to CAG of course.

Got the last 360 copy of Condemned 2 at my local GC in Fenton, MO. They were out of the PS3 version of Condemned 2 also. Thanks OP and Scorch/GC CAG Crew!

Got Condemned 2 360 in Chicago, At GC off of Clark and Touhy they had plenty still tonight as of 8:30 pm. Also they still charged the old tax rate of 9.25% which was raised to 11.25% recently so I caught a break there. Thanks OP. Very happy to have gotten the game for $38.24 OTD. Would not have paid more.

*sigh* No GameCrazy remotely near me. Would love to get Mario and Sonic Olympics and Sega Superstars Tennis, but I'm probably just going to have to buy Sega Superstars Tennis this weekend for $30 from whomever speedy posted is selling it for $30...

Picked up House of the Dead 2/3 and Condemned 2. They already knew about Condemned 2, but not House of the Dead. I decided to wait on the Vikings game. I have a feeling it's going to drop very soon.

I'm curious about Viking and it's dropping. Conan has been holding at $35 for a long ass time and I here Viking is a much better game than it's getting credit for.

[quote name='NJMane']Well at my store they have not dropped the used prices yet. Regardless they did not have any of the sale items used yet. Probably because they are still really new. Could be that he was yet to be informed because it seems as-though alot of sales associates are being surprised by the price when they ring it up.[/quote]

The used prices take effect the same time as the new. The store may have told you the prices hadn't dropped, but they have.

I may have to pick up SST and Viking.

After my initial playthrough of Viking. I have only played about 1.5-2 hours so far. Havent got to my first massive battle yet. But so far it seems really cool. Get to build your own army, the world is open-ended, so you can go explore, take over towns, search for gold/loot, at your leisure.

Combat system seems like a mix of Devil May Cry/God of War, those types of games. It doesnt seem too fluid just yet, but im at the beginning of the game, and haven't learned to many of the moves yet.

I would honestly say go for it if you have any interest in the game/genre. Worst comes to worst, play through it, if you don't like it, go trade it in to EB/GS/BBV for ~30-35 store credit, and you are out practically nothing.

Only qualms I have with the game is that there is some pretty noticeable shadow flickering going on. But that is really a minor issue.

Hey if you guys want Condemned 2 for 360 or PS3, $40 shipped, send it now and i'll grab one for you. Just send me a PM.

[quote name='ddrpower']Is Sega Tennis 360 good for $30? I like the fanservice, but I'm not sure if it has enough depth or online play to interest me.[/quote]

I rented it and have loved it so far. There's a voice inside my head telling me to buy it. The main source of fun for me has been the single player mode which has you playing a series of events dealing with different Sega franchises is great. From fighting off zombies with a tennis ball to playing puyopuyo...with a tennis ball.

I like the rank system and relative ease of the game - it's something you can just pickup and play for a short while, and the events feel like something I would like to try to get AAA ranking on.

What's stopping me from buying it? The fact that I have yet to play a single match online with anyone. I'm worried no one else has the game and because of it there is no one online. So I'm getting the feeling that I will buy it, get the highest rank in all of the events and then never touch it again.

i went ahead and picked up condemned 2 xb360 for $26.99 used after mvp.i think i might go back and grab the used sonic &mario for wii and sega superstar tennis.

bread's done
Back