GameFly 2011 Year End Sale - Now Live!

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's famous annual Year End Sale features free shipping on all used games and big discounts on many items. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New titles may be added throughout the sale. Sale ends 1/3/12.

icongamefly.gif
GameFly's Year End Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapyD']It will be mostly repeats of other deals we've been highlighting for the last month or two.[/QUOTE]

Here's to hoping for a few quality surprises as a part of the sale.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']Ok I need help I'm in Central Time so Wat time will it be when the deal starts?[/QUOTE]

If you are unable to figure that out, then yes I'd say you do need help.

I really hope War for Cybertron :360: makes it on the list. That and Dragon Age 2 are the only ones I would pick up. I've bought way too many games between October, November, and this month.

If I see Catherine for sub-20 bucks, I'm snatching it up.

Is there any difference between the XBox 360 version and the PS3 version?

whats gameflys return policy on broken discs?

i dont want to get 3/4ths on the game and have it go take a crap on me

[quote name='samsorz']whats gameflys return policy on broken discs?

i dont want to get 3/4ths on the game and have it go take a crap on me[/QUOTE]

install to hard drive.
/firstworldproblems

Guys and gals best buy has bunch of games for $4.99

Fear 3
Top spin 4
Green lantern
Alpha protocol
Singularity
Etc

Also wwe 12 for 29.99

Gamefly hopefully will also put up some decent sales

I am also hoping for amazon to do something special they been quite bad this year with sales. Red dead GOTY for under 20 come on surprise us lol

[quote name='Luxuria']I really hope War for Cybertron :360: makes it on the list. That and Dragon Age 2 are the only ones I would pick up. I've bought way too many games between October, November, and this month.[/QUOTE]

I was about to tell you that it was only $5 online for Best Buy, but just saw that it was only the :ps3: version. Just picked up one for $5.41 after shipping.

I really want Dungeon Siege 3 for :ps3: to be on sale again. I didn't bite the first time because I needed 3 and they only had 2 available. Stupid Amazon for only making the :360: version on sale for $18 and not the :ps3: version as well. Other than that, I've bit on too many games the past 2 years. I collect Video Games like stamps... or Yu-Gi-Oh! cards...

[quote name='poehitman']If I see Catherine for sub-20 bucks, I'm snatching it up.

Is there any difference between the XBox 360 version and the PS3 version?[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version has higher quality cutscenes.

[quote name='CheapyD']Sale starts 10am-12pm PST[/QUOTE]

I prefer 9PM or midnight, but 10AM is good too. I'd like to see Donkey Kong Country Returns on the list.

I'll be on the lookout for some cheap 3DS games. Bought the thing months ago and I'm still messing with the AR games!

Finally picked up Madden for 4.99, let's keep it rollin'.

[quote name='Drathu']

Finally picked up Madden for 4.99, let's keep it rollin'.[/QUOTE]

As a previous owner of it...keep your expectations low. imo, the iOS version is better - especially @ .99c. I flipped it almost immediately. No Online, horribly outdated rosters, substandard graphics - I just hope whatever translation Vita gets will be close to a console port.

Is it possible to create a free gamefly account just for buying games? or do we have to checkout as a guest?

Oh.. there is no guest checkout? Only members can buy? Damn... I'm Canadian, was hoping to buy some games and get them shipped to a US address, but it doesn't seem like that is possible...

I guess I am going to go to bed right now, and hopefully I don't accidentally sleep through my alarm tomorrow, or I will be pissed!! haha. Then again, My bank account is empty and my credit cards are not looking so good either, thanks to my backstabbing ex..... So, Maybe sleeping through it would be a blessing in disguise....

Nahhhhhhh, I want more games damnit.

[quote name='CACG']Oh.. there is no guest checkout? Only members can buy? Damn... I'm Canadian, was hoping to buy some games and get them shipped to a US address, but it doesn't seem like that is possible...[/QUOTE]

Don't have to have a paid account folks...

Well, this is exciting. I just found out that 5 Gamefly dollars were deposited into my account 2 days ago. I think it might be because I reactivated my membership for $1. Either way, now I have to participate in this sale.

[quote name='Coltin']I'm not looking to buy much, so if I buy anything it'll (hopefully) be Alice at $10 and El Shaddai for $13 or so[/QUOTE]

You read my mind.

Wow, the start time for this sale is perfect!
I have work this morning, so if it started now, I would be SOL and looking at a bunch of OOS games by the time I got home.
I have a sleep study tonight for a sleep apnea test, so if it started tonight, I would SOL until tomorrow morning and looking at a bunch of OOS games by the time I got home.

This is perfect though. I go to the clinic 1:30 EST to beg for cortisone injections in my knees, so by the time I get home, the deals will still be somewhat fresh.
Can't wait!

so the sale starts at 1 PM EST...right when I go to lunch! awesome!

My wants...

:360:Portal 2 $9.99
:360:vanilla RDR $9.99
:360:Crysis 2 $9.99 (missed it the last time it was this price)

also wouldnt mind deals on Fallout 3 or Oblivion but doubt we'll see much there.

Damn 10 AM PST. Was hoping it would be morning EST. Oh well, Looks like I will miss out on this one, at least the beginning of the sale. Hopefully some good stuff will be left later tonight.

I swear to god, after this sale, I'm not buying shit until I start working through some of this.

I just hate that gnawing compulsion to give a shit about achievements. I'd work through so many more games if I just played through it, and was satisfied with what I got.

[quote name='DeadRabbit']I swear to god, after this sale, I'm not buying shit until I start working through some of this.

I just hate that gnawing compulsion to give a shit about achievements. I'd work through so many more games if I just played through it, and was satisfied with what I got.[/QUOTE]
Heh, my feelings exactly. I don't know why I feel so compulsive to get so many achievements when it really alters the way I play a game. That's why if I have the choice I prefer getting some games on my PS3 rather than 360 for that one simple fact. Trophies don't do it for me, maybe because it has no visible effect like points?

[quote name='DeadRabbit']I swear to god, after this sale, I'm not buying shit until I start working through some of this.

I just hate that gnawing compulsion to give a shit about achievements. I'd work through so many more games if I just played through it, and was satisfied with what I got.[/QUOTE]

I have the same "problem". It seems that getting and hoarding games at great prices is a game in and of itself.

Agree with everybody on Alice and El Shaddai

Hopefully cheapy has hints and a 100% firm ETA when to expect the deals soon. Good luck to everybody getting what they want.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']your list my fine friend is a huge FAIL.:lol: Maybe LBP2 but the rest is fail. Dead Island less than 20, Batman less than 30. Maybe in three months.[/QUOTE]

I agree, that list is a fail because the year end sale is going to include rentals that are no longer scarce. That will rule out your batmans and dead islands. It won't rule out your Catherine, MLB the shows, motorstorms etc.

[quote name='maxrenderer']I have the same "problem". It seems that getting and hoarding games at great prices is a game in and of itself.[/QUOTE]

Ive been thinking a lot about this lately. We all scramble to buy games we know we will never get to just because they are a great deal. I feel like we all have some mental disorder or something. That being sais I just grabbed Transformers DOTM for 4.99 even though ill never defeat my backlog before the next gen of consoles, and ill be watching the sales on gamefly too for some ridiculous reason

On the next Hoarders, a cheap ass gamer is unable to leave their house because they say they have far too many games left to complete. The twist? They just keep buying more with no end in sight.

Ugh...backlog will grow from here, just can't pass up a great deal!

Hoping to see Arkham Asylum under $10, but that's a stretch. CoD:BO would also be nice under $15, although BB has it used for the same price...

I'm on Gamfly now 9:00ET, all games are free shipping but the prices are high, better deals earlier this month and last month. Hopefully they'll adjust the prices later today.

If this is the End of Year sale I'm very disappointed!

:cry:

[quote name='jad999']I'm on Gamfly now 9:00ET, all games are free shipping but the prices are high, better deals earlier this month and last month. Hopefully they'll adjust the prices later today.

If this is the End of Year sale I'm very disappointed!

:cry:[/QUOTE]

The thread title says that it starts at 10am PST.

I'm trying really hard to fight my cag sickness, gamefly sub really helps. Down to like 5 retail and like 30 digital games back logged. Good luck to everyone else and remember, a mediocre game at any price still isnt worth your time, there's too much awesome stuff here and on the way...

[quote name='ijustw1n']On the next Hoarders, a cheap ass gamer is unable to leave their house because they say they have far too many games left to complete. The twist? They just keep buying more with no end in sight.[/QUOTE]

:applause:
You just read my bio! I did get married this year so I'm doing something outside right? :D

On the topic of the sale. I hope they come online at 1PM at the latest. I got an appointment at 1:45PM and its a 30 trip from here, so at 1:15PM, I am away from the computer for 3 hours. I'm not looking for much games anyway, already got a huge backlog and Best Buy is bot helping with me double dipping on games I already played.

Ho Ho Ho, some deals to be had today! I'm pissed I missed out on another DS2: CE. It was freaking FIVE dollars. :(

fuck this is bad timing for these deals to start. From that time frame Im going to be working, so to the rest of you CAG's leave atleast 1 copy of catherine(360) for me. :)

Why are people expecting lower prices,cheapy said all the sales will be a collection of nighty deal sales.

[quote name='Jay']Why are people expecting lower prices,cheapy said all the sals will be a collection of nighty deal sales.[/QUOTE]

Well, you never know. I'm not expecting anything crazy. It astounds me that people are buying up even the shitty games that are on sale at Best Buy, though. Reminds me of Black Friday, where people are trampling others for awful deals.

Still looking forward to it though... especially since I didn't get in any of the BBY sales (and don't live near one).

[quote name='Jay']Why are people expecting lower prices,cheapy said all the sales will be a collection of nighty deal sales.[/QUOTE]

Why you gotta break balls and ruin the good times? Can't we at least have a few hopes and dreams without some mook pissing all over us here? Jees :D

bread's done
Back