GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elessar123']I came in the thread wondering what the Last Crusade was...[/QUOTE]
The crusade was so cursed, it was sure to be our last.

[quote name='lorne']The crusade was so cursed, it was sure to be our last.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was just the most recent crusade and that we are sure to have more in the future.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Chipped Discs FTL[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chunlirocks']Chipped Discs FTL

.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chunlirocks']Chipped Disc FTL[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chunlirocks']chipped discs FTL[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chunlirocks']Chipped discs FTL[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chunlirocks']chipped discs FTL[/QUOTE]

Go. Away.

i got a chipped disc from them and they refunded me.... but my ps3 stopped reading discs while playing that particular game and had to be sent for repair under warranty. coincidence? maybe.

6 years I've been a member of Gamefly. I've bought probably over 50 games from them over that time, each used. I have not had one game they SOLD me ever have a chip, crack or other deformity. Matter of fact, their used sales and my discount are one of the reasons I still keep them. Either way I'm sorry for those who have gotten bad discs. Guess luck is on my side.

As for Deus Ex, I bought day one and loved the game. Sometimes I'd like to have more open-world exploring but overall, a good game that as someone said earlier, lets you play it however you want. I went the stealth route (the harder to do in my opinion) and I had a blast. No brainer at this price.

[quote name='Donut2922']PS3 Deus Ex is back in stock - go go go![/QUOTE]

just went a second after you and got one also, sweet.

Being a coop whore, all I can say is there's tons of great coop titles for cheap that's much better than last crusade.

For those that never had chipped disc, you do mean its super smooth when you run your fingers along the edges right?

[quote name='Treyvalyn']6 years I've been a member of Gamefly. I've bought probably over 50 games from them over that time, each used. I have not had one game they SOLD me ever have a chip, crack or other deformity. Matter of fact, their used sales and my discount are one of the reasons I still keep them. Either way I'm sorry for those who have gotten bad discs. Guess luck is on my side.

As for Deus Ex, I bought day one and loved the game. Sometimes I'd like to have more open-world exploring but overall, a good game that as someone said earlier, lets you play it however you want. I went the stealth route (the harder to do in my opinion) and I had a blast. No brainer at this price.[/QUOTE]
I never had the chance to play Deus Ex on the PC since I was only like 10 years old when it came out and couldn't afford a good computer lol.

So I figured I'd rent this one and play it, and god I was amazed at how awesome the game was. Great story, you could connect with the characters really well, and hell at times I thought I was playing Metal Gear when I went and played it "stealthily". It's almost stupid to say this but I actually wish I could have paid the full retail price for this game because it was absolutely amazing.

As for Gamefly and people having chips, I've had a about three or four that came with small chips. I think it depends on which Gamefly ships you the discs I believe.

By the way, Deus Ex is back in stock so if some of you guys are still debating it.. DONT. Buy it! One of the better games this gen.

[quote name='akareem27']Deus Ex Out of stock again!! just missed it, it was sitting in my cart then went out of stock[/QUOTE]

Damn. Me too!

Could it be that you weren't paying attention. We're not talking about minor chips here. These chips are substantial, with some of the chunks missing into the data area. Click on my album to see pictures of all 5 games I had ever received from Gamefly (during these sales on 5 separate orders) chipped. Run your fingers on the edges of your discs. Check again.

There's no doubt that these are incredible prices, and they will refund your purchases if you don't want the chipped discs. But some of us don't want our game dics chipped or completely all scratched up even if we are buying them used.

[quote name='Treyvalyn']6 years I've been a member of Gamefly. I've bought probably over 50 games from them over that time, each used. I have not had one game they SOLD me ever have a chip, crack or other deformity. Matter of fact, their used sales and my discount are one of the reasons I still keep them. Either way I'm sorry for those who have gotten bad discs. Guess luck is on my side.

As for Deus Ex, I bought day one and loved the game. Sometimes I'd like to have more open-world exploring but overall, a good game that as someone said earlier, lets you play it however you want. I went the stealth route (the harder to do in my opinion) and I had a blast. No brainer at this price.[/QUOTE]

I know this is kind of off topic from the OP, but my Driver: San Francisco came in the mail recently and it was in PERFECT condition. I'm definitely going to keep up with their sales!

[quote name='Investor']Could it be that you weren't paying attention. We're not talking about minor chips here. These chips are substantial, with some of the chunks missing into the data area. Click on my album to see pictures of all 5 games I had ever received from Gamefly (during these sales on 5 separate orders) chipped. Run your fingers on the edges of your discs. Check again.[/QUOTE]

I've probably ordered at least a dozen games from gamefly both for the Wii and Xbox. I'd say that 50% have 'nicks' in the sides like your photos. The amazing thing is that they've all played just fine. One of your pictures surely shows what I'd call a chip. I wonder if the blueray disks aren't as tough? PS3 more sensitive or those disks just took an extra hard bounce? None of my nicks went into the data section. Nor were scratched up. I'm surprised by that.

On the disks that I've received if you ran your fingernail down the edge of the disk you could feel the nicks but really at a glance could be missed. Since they've played just fine and weren't all scratched up I'm sticking with gamefly. One game I ordered I never recieved they refunded me right away. Bummer I couldn't get the game but its ok because I picked it up a month later for $5 less from them. I like the brand new case and manual.

Is it just me that can't figure out how to buy DE:HR for $10? I go to the page for it and it gives me option to RENT it and then keep for $9.99, but the only option to buy outright is $29.99. Looks like I have to already have the disc in my possession to be able to keep it for that price? The thing is I had just returned it to GF three days ago before this deal happened, so I don't have it nor is it in my Game Q anymore, and if I put it back who knows when/if it'd go out again. If I'd known I'd have just hung on to it. I'd still like to get it for $10 if it's possible, but I'm just not seeing the option. Probably something really obvious I'm missing :[

[quote name='CatEyes']Probably something really obvious I'm missing :[[/QUOTE]

Edit: NM, I think it's just because it's out of stock (for buying directly)

[quote name='CatEyes']Is it just me that can't figure out how to buy DE:HR for $10? I go to the page for it and it gives me option to RENT it and then keep for $9.99, but the only option to buy outright is $29.99. Looks like I have to already have the disc in my possession to be able to keep it for that price? The thing is I had just returned it to GF three days ago before this deal happened, so I don't have it nor is it in my Game Q anymore, and if I put it back who knows when/if it'd go out again. If I'd known I'd have just hung on to it. I'd still like to get it for $10 if it's possible, but I'm just not seeing the option. Probably something really obvious I'm missing :[[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that just means it out of stock. Keep checking back sometimes they pop back in stock and you'll be able to snag a copy.

I got an email saying that my Ace Combat for PS3 shipped on the 5th and i still haven't received it. I usually receive my games the next day after shipping...hmm...they must have sent it from a different gamefly center and not the one thats closest to me which is Long Beach.

[quote name='Investor']Could it be that you weren't paying attention. We're not talking about minor chips here. These chips are substantial, with some of the chunks missing into the data area. Click on my album to see pictures of all 5 games I had ever received from Gamefly (during these sales on 5 separate orders) chipped. Run your fingers on the edges of your discs. Check again.

There's no doubt that these are incredible prices, and they will refund your purchases if you don't want the chipped discs. But some of us don't want our game dics chipped or completely all scratched up even if we are buying them used.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Just checked out your album.

Anybody have any luck trading these chipped discs to places like GameStop/Best Buy/Amazon?

[quote name='Poetry In Motion']Ouch. Just checked out your album.

Anybody have any luck trading these chipped discs to places like GameStop/Best Buy/Amazon?[/QUOTE]

GameStop will take anything, sometimes they'll hit you with a refurb fee though.

bb always takes my gamefly chipperdoodles.

[quote name='Poetry In Motion']Ouch. Just checked out your album.

Anybody have any luck trading these chipped discs to places like GameStop/Best Buy/Amazon?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Noblesse Oblige']Cursed Crusade (PS3) is back in stock. I don't recommend buying it because I thought it was terrible, but it's there if you want it.[/QUOTE]

That's the reason why I wait for games to hit $10 or less. If I don't like it, I could always sell it or just be grateful that I didn't pay full price for it.

Gundam 3 arrived today, a couple of chipped edges, otherwise mint!

Good thing since I got the PS3 ver, a couple of 360 games I've ordered in the past arrived beat up!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaoPi']Gundam 3 arrived today, a couple of chipped edges, otherwise mint![/QUOTE]

Hope you enjoy the game. I'm sure you will since your tag reads Koei fan. I wish I bought the game during that sale. I want the English version (own the JPN) cause I'm probably one of the few who enjoy the dubbing of Gundam series.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Looking forward to tonight's releases. Cmon something interesting![/QUOTE]

Yup. Same here. I have $5 worth of Gamefly bucks and a 10% discount burning a hole in my pocket right now. :)

I will Undisputedly try to Hunt you down some clues. If any one tries to stop me, I will smash them into the the Oblivion Game of the Year edition. Even 2 Ninja Storms will not stop me. My road ahead is Uncharted, but I'm confident.

[quote name='CheapyD']I will Undisputedly try to Hunt you down some clues. If any one tries to stop me, I will smash them into the the Oblivion Game of the Year edition. Even 2 Ninja Storms will not stop me. My road ahead is Uncharted, but I'm confident.[/QUOTE]

The only clue I don't understand is smashing someone into the Oblivion Game of the Year edition....:dunce:

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']The only clue I don't understand is smashing someone into the Oblivion Game of the Year edition....:dunce:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like either Barbie Horse Adventure or Dog Island to me! \\:D/

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']The only clue I don't understand is smashing someone into the Oblivion Game of the Year edition....:dunce:[/QUOTE]

Would have probably sounded better if he said "smash someone into Oblivion", and leave out the "the".

[quote name='technicalstylez']please be uncharted 3 9.99[/QUOTE]

Hell, while you're dreaming, you might as well hope for a 4.99 Uncharted 3.

[quote name='Lonedragon87']That would be amazing but not gonna happen[/QUOTE]

way to be a debbie downer. just wishful thinking, thats all. i wouldn't be surprised if it was 14.99 though.

F**K I just paid 17.00 for ninja storm 2 from gamefly last week...damn you game flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

.ahh well,hopefully some otehr good games are on ale today :)

[quote name='Hestar']F**K I just paid 17.00 for ninja storm 2 from gamefly last week...damn you game flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

.ahh well,hopefully some otehr good games are on ale today :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here. I want to shop to the pint of no return.

[quote name='karamsoul']Yeah same here. I want to shop to the pint of no return.[/QUOTE]

I am just hoping when the smoke clears the prices aren't too high for me.

bread's done
Back