GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny, I had asked about SCV a while ago, and was told it wouldn't go on sale til probably fall.

I picked it up for 20, the single player content is terribly lacking for a SC title which usually has cool SP content. The online netcode is fantastic for matches, however it has a tendancy to drop completely every now and then.

I'm thinking of picking up a PS3 copy to complement my 360 one, but as it's already 20 here, I can see it going lower soon as has been echoed.

Now to pick up LOTR for 10 bucks or not...

I haven't played too much of Soul Calibur 5, but the worst I've heard about it is that the single player has a little less to do than the last game (which I can't imagine; it's an arcade style linear SP). That's kind of a weak complaint.

The graphics and gameplay are pretty good; better than the last title. A big complaint on IV was that everything was too clunky and slow (which I don't really agree with, but hey), and the new one seems to have a little more speedy gameplay, which does feel nice.

I picked it up for $37 months ago at GameStop used but mint (not a great deal, but I bought it as a part of the B2G1 offer). $20 is a really good price right now, but every game gets lower as time goes on. I could see this hitting $15 or so during the Fall, but not much less than that.

If you wanna play it, buy it. That's a good price if you just want to play it (chipped discs, so don't expect to get your money back reselling it). If you can wait a few months you can probably pick it up for a few bucks cheaper.

Is it me, or is Revelations already dead? You only have the option to keep it for $15 if you already rented it. You can't buy the used copy outright.

[quote name='hyukevain']Is it me, or is Revelations already dead? You only have the option to keep it for $15 if you already rented it. You can't buy the used copy outright.[/QUOTE]

Revelations will be $9.99 at Best Buy next week after Gamer coupon. Brand new mind you.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Anybody have any idea if SCV requires an online pass or not?[/QUOTE]
No online pass. If it did this would be an unbeatable deal.

[quote name='KSMKxRAGEx']BF3 without online pass right? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

When you buy games from Gamefly, they ship out with the original packaging. If it comes with codes, they are not used.

They basically just slice the MS packaging sticker and take the disk out for rentals.

So it should come with the original online pass code.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I haven't played too much of Soul Calibur 5, but the worst I've heard about it is that the single player has a little less to do than the last game (which I can't imagine; it's an arcade style linear SP). That's kind of a weak complaint.

The graphics and gameplay are pretty good; better than the last title. A big complaint on IV was that everything was too clunky and slow (which I don't really agree with, but hey), and the new one seems to have a little more speedy gameplay, which does feel nice.

I picked it up for $37 months ago at GameStop used but mint (not a great deal, but I bought it as a part of the B2G1 offer). $20 is a really good price right now, but every game gets lower as time goes on. I could see this hitting $15 or so during the Fall, but not much less than that.

If you wanna play it, buy it. That's a good price if you just want to play it (chipped discs, so don't expect to get your money back reselling it). If you can wait a few months you can probably pick it up for a few bucks cheaper.[/QUOTE]

The game's director admitted it was rushed and only 1/4 of the story mode they wrote shipped with the released version of the game. A lot of voice acting was completed, but they just rolled with what was ready instead of delaying it.

[quote name='Nymphonomicon']Soul Calibur V for $19.99
Wow, that price went down quick...[/QUOTE]
Nowadays, used games dropping that low doesn't surprise me.

Still waiting for SFxT to hit that price...

In for SC V. Had been waiting on that to drop.

Since SFxT hasn't set the world on fire, I'll be expecting to see that in this space pretty seen.

[quote name='ppself']When you buy games from Gamefly, they ship out with the original packaging. If it comes with codes, they are not used.

They basically just slice the MS packaging sticker and take the disk out for rentals.

So it should come with the original online pass code.[/QUOTE]

Damn! That's pretty cool. Thank you for the response. I wasn't a big fan of BF2 since I wasn't attached to the game but I will give it another shot.
:D

Should I buy War in the North if it comes back in stock? I'm a pretty big fan of the LOTR films.

Or should I just play an old dynasty warrior game and pretend it takes place in the north part of Middle Earth?

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Bought SCV and MW3. For $20 each it's too good of a price to pass up.[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry to tell you this, but there's more then one big name modern combat game and you bought the one that doesn't have the words "CALL OF DUTY" scribbled on it.

[quote name='Prismatico']The game's director admitted it was rushed and only 1/4 of the story mode they wrote shipped with the released version of the game. A lot of voice acting was completed, but they just rolled with what was ready instead of delaying it.[/QUOTE]
I see. Well, if they pushed the release date back everyone would have complained about that. One of those damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of things I guess.

Gotta say, $20 on BF3 really isn't that good of a price though. When it just sold for $20 brand new somewhere else, this isn't the deal to jump on so easily. Oh well, not my money.

Finally got around to trying to play Resistance 3 that I bought off the nightly deals about a month ago. I looked at it when it came in a it had what I thought were minor chips that wouldn't matter. Put it in for the first time last night and it wouldn't play! Just sharing if you see chips you might want to try the game out before you miss your return window. Of course I'm the only idiot that didn't know that already.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I see. Well, if they pushed the release date back everyone would have complained about that. One of those damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of things I guess.

Gotta say, $20 on BF3 really isn't that good of a price though. When it just sold for $20 brand new somewhere else, this isn't the deal to jump on so easily. Oh well, not my money.[/QUOTE]
lose less on delay bigtme. they do not lose as much future sales and people get temp mad on delays. bad move on there part...

[quote name='Organ Donor']Battlefield is worth $20 without a doubt for anybody that's on the fence.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. If you like shooters at all this is a can't miss for 20 bucks.

[quote name='ppself']When you buy games from Gamefly, they ship out with the original packaging. If it comes with codes, they are not used.

So it should come with the original online pass code.[/QUOTE]

No joke. I noticed that when I got a couple X360 games, the side sticker was still on it but it was sliced down the middle. The game looked pretty new, like someone just opened up a new one to make sure it had everything before they mailed it.

Checked 15 minutes ago, saw that LOTR was OOS, then I made the mistake of looking here and see it's back in stock. Short story is I bought a copy. I really have a love/hate relationship with this site...lol. Thanks guys/gals.

LOTR came back in stock for about 2 seconds for XBOX. Managed to get one. If you're still interested might try playing the refresh game this morning.

bread's done
Back