Gamefly- [DEAD] Resident Evil 6 $10, Assassin's Creed: Rev $10, Epic Mickey 2 Wii $13

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
All these games have free shipping, and Gamefly games almost always come with original boxes, manuals, and other inserts (such as Online Passes). These games are used, however.

Good deals tend to go in and out of stock over the course of the day. If the game you want is out of stock (i.e., you can only "Keep" or "Rent" it but not "Buy" it) then keep checking every once in a while to see if it restocks.

NO NEW DEALS TODAY. MAY BE THE END OF DAILY DEALS FOR A WHILE.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Stellar Inertia']That hilarious. Its $.03 you will manage. DOnt understand why people complain about tax on things under $15. Do you really buy THAT MANY things in a given week for $1 to bother you?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

[quote name='eXiON']Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.[/QUOTE]

Whether he was or not ive seen it mentioned so many times how $9.99 is a deal breaker because of tax. Not all of them are being sarcastic.

[quote name='eXiON']Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.[/QUOTE]
This guy gets it.
The numbers did change though, because I do keep track of my expenses down to the cent.
Didn't say it was dealbreaker, I already said I bought it.

EDIT: In response to the previous post above, for me the tax deal breaker no longer applies since Amazon is gone. On a related note, "tax deal breaker" is a perfectly viable statement, especially when tax is close to 10%.

I had A:CM in my cart last night for $9.99, but I ended up not going through with the purchase. I figured for $10 it couldn't be THAT bad. But then, with the stigma surrounding it, I'd probably have a chance to get it for $10 in the near future once I whittle down my backlog.

[quote name='SolidSnake86']I had A:CM in my cart last night for $9.99, but I ended up not going through with the purchase. I figured for $10 it couldn't be THAT bad. But then, with the stigma surrounding it, I'd probably have a chance to get it for $10 in the near future once I whittle down my backlog.[/QUOTE]
Why not order it now, beat it and trade back while there is still TiV left. Especially if your backlog consists of games that will not change much in TiV.

I understand that $.03 in this case was not a deal breaker. But in other cases as I have mentioned whether its 8%, 9%, or 10% tax; on ten dollars that is around $1 of tax. Not a deal breaker if you are actually interested in the game. Maybe for a hoarder who doesnt plan to play the game it may be a deal breaker.

To each their own. Regarding Aliens though, I would grab it if it were for 360.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']I understand that $.03 in this case was not a deal breaker. But in other cases as I have mentioned whether its 8%, 9%, or 10% tax; on ten dollars that is around $1 of tax. Not a deal breaker if you are actually interested in the game. Maybe for a hoarder who doesnt plan to play the game it may be a deal breaker.

To each their own. Regarding Aliens though, I would grab it if it were for 360.[/QUOTE]
It's a perfectly reasonable mentality, and not related to hording (don't know how these two logically connects). My wife will tell me not to buy strawberries because they are $1.5 more than Costco, which we go on a bi-weekly basis.

[quote name='LordVila']I know I will probably be disappointed by PSABR but I had a $5 off coupon that was soon to expire so I picked it up anyways.[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, we were surprised on how good the game was actually. This is our go to game when we want to kill time when people are over my place. We like the game (although I know there is a lot of CAGs out there that would disagree).

That was my price on R&C, so I bit. Now here's hoping the disk isn't chipped. ;)

Now once they release the Vita version & give out Deadlocked, I'll own every Insomniac-developed R&C game on one system. :)

[quote name='TooPoor']Why not order it now, beat it and trade back while there is still TiV left. Especially if your backlog consists of games that will not change much in TiV.[/QUOTE]

That's actually a very good point, you convinced me. The game can't be that horrible, can it? Plus didn't they patch it?

[quote name='SolidSnake86']That's actually a very good point, you convinced me. The game can't be that horrible, can it? Plus didn't they patch it?[/QUOTE]
From what I heard it IS that horrible (post launch support has been too little too late), I would not dare go near it if it isn't for the local split screen campaign co-op.

Maybe dumb question...
but how do I simply buy PSASBR? It says buy for 49.99, or rent... and then if you want to keep it for 17.99 you can choose that later or something. I dont have a rental account or whatever, so is the only way to get it is to rent it first and then choose to keep it?

or did i miss out, and i cant choose to simply buy it used for 17.99 as usual like with other games ive bought from gamefly (without having a rental account)

[quote name='jdarrx1987']Maybe dumb question...
but how do I simply buy PSASBR? It says buy for 49.99, or rent... and then if you want to keep it for 17.99 you can choose that later or something. I dont have a rental account or whatever, so is the only way to get it is to rent it first and then choose to keep it?

or did i miss out, and i cant choose to simply buy it used for 17.99 as usual like with other games ive bought from gamefly (without having a rental account)[/QUOTE]

It's out of stock. It may come back in stock before noon tomorrow, so you may want to keep checking.

Looks like Dishonored is out of stock as well.

Hm I just checked my order of the A:CM, it says under review. Anyone knows what this mean? I just order the one game, and used the same card on the account.

Can't believe I missed this sale. I really hope that PSASBR is still at that lowered price when it comes back in stock. I've got a 5 dollar off coupon that I could use, and it'd be cheaper to get it from here than during the PSN sale.

red box has alien CM also guys, its really a one day rental , i beat it in one day on normal with time to spare for multiplayer

its ok but very zzzz average, check it out by renting though,

[quote name='kouleefoh']Hm I just checked my order of the A:CM, it says under review. Anyone knows what this mean? I just order the one game, and used the same card on the account.[/QUOTE]

it'll be fine, tomorrow morning it'll say Submitted.

[quote name='whitereflection']At least they didn't flip Ninja Gaiden 3 when it was $9.99. You happy guy![/QUOTE]

What do you mean? I cant understand

[quote name='kouleefoh']eh, locked in my trade value @ amazon and ordered Colonial marines. Thank you![/QUOTE]

how many do you order?

Hopefully Sonic Racing on Vita gets a sale at some point.

Would have gotten Aliens too. It's hard for me to turn down a game at $10.

Welp, I'm a dumbass. Didn't know that Batman Arkham City bundle only opened on the gamefly launcher.... so for anyone who actually uses that:

FFFCQ-3MF2J-QHY6D-9H97K-C8DTJ enjoy batman

[quote name='ckc4043']how many do you order?[/QUOTE]
I only ordered 1 (that is the maximum the site allows). I would have ordered 2 so I can flip and get faster shipping, but they didn't allow it.

[quote name='kouleefoh']I only ordered 1 (that is the maximum the site allows). I would have ordered 2 so I can flip and get faster shipping, but they didn't allow it.[/QUOTE]

Why ? only this game? I can ordered 2 3ds sonic racing.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Can't believe I missed this sale. I really hope that PSASBR is still at that lowered price when it comes back in stock. I've got a 5 dollar off coupon that I could use, and it'd be cheaper to get it from here than during the PSN sale.[/QUOTE]

Just so you know you would be better off buying it through PSN if you want a VITA copy as well. Through gamefly you're more than likely only getting the PS3 version.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Just so you know you would be better off buying it through PSN if you want a VITA copy as well. Through gamefly you're more than likely only getting the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]
Why? All games from Gamefly come with all of their codes.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Why? All games from Gamefly come with all of their codes.[/QUOTE]

Cross-buy games work different. Basically whoever uses the disc 1st has dibs on the vita copy. Chances of the vita version still there is pretty slim, considering how long they have been in circulation.

Beat again, but yeah. lol ^

[quote name='ckc4043']Why ? only this game? I can ordered 2 3ds sonic racing.[/QUOTE]
I don't know why. That game was restricted to only 1.

[quote name='kouleefoh']I don't know why. That game was restricted to only 1.[/QUOTE]

Not only would Gamefly only allow me to buy 1 copy of Aliens, but Amazon would only allow me to trade in 1 as well. Weird..

I see aliens has the $9.99 keep price, but no used copies for sale. That sucks. Do they occasionally go back in stock?

[quote name='hwong3']I see aliens has the $9.99 keep price, but no used copies for sale. That sucks. Do they occasionally go back in stock?[/QUOTE]

It was a daily deal that has expired. It ran a little longer than it was supposed to for some reason.

[quote name='roedaniel19']It was a daily deal that has expired. It ran a little longer than it was supposed to for some reason.[/QUOTE]

it screams firesale on stock that they werent getting rentals out of

[quote name='hwong3']I see aliens has the $9.99 keep price, but no used copies for sale. That sucks. Do they occasionally go back in stock?[/QUOTE]

Is Aliens worth $10? I've heard it's bad, so I'm guessing no, but I am a fan of the movies (well not AvP or Prometheus, but I liked the Quadrilogy). I'm wondering if this is a situation where fans were just so dissapointed that they exaggerate, like when Superman 64 is called the worst game ever (I always lol at this, SA, SA2, and Sonic 2006 were far worse games, as was the Batman Beyond N64 game).

Also, does it tie into the recent DS game at all? I found Aliens Infestation for $10 new recently but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

And finally, what do you guys think the odds are of this game getting cheaper? I remember Duke Nukem and Brink hitting $5 multiple times, and while I had 0 interest in those games I might be willing to bite at ACM for $5 if it's not unplayable.

Last edited:
Is Aliens worth $10? I've heard it's bad, so I'm guessing no, but I am a fan of the movies (well not AvP or Prometheus, but I liked the Quadrilogy). I'm wondering if this is a situation where fans were just so dissapointed that they exaggerate, like when Superman 64 is called the worst game ever (I always lol at this, SA, SA2, and Sonic 2006 were far worse games, as was the Batman Beyond N64 game).

It is bad. After the novelty of hearing the original sound effects and music wears off, you have a really tired, and tedious, game with certain sections that feel unfinished -- or that they expended precious little effort on them.

You know that video of the dancing blind alien? That's actually the best level in the game, and no, I'm not kidding (it looks dumb but it's the only level that engages you in terms of the play mechanic).

For those who were looking, Sonic Racing and PSASBR is back in stock. A:CM is in stock, but for 360 only, and priced higher. (17.99 for me, but I get 10 percent off.) Dishonored is also back, but on PS3 only. That is also priced at 17.99 for me.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']It is bad. After the novelty of hearing the original sound effects and music wears off, you have a really tired, and tedious, game with certain sections that feel unfinished -- or that they expended precious little effort on them.

You know that video of the dancing blind alien? That's actually the best level in the game, and no, I'm not kidding (it looks dumb but it's the only level that engages you in terms of the play mechanic).[/QUOTE]
No I haven't seen that video, I'll have to look it up. I did look up a couple of articles on google, is it true that you take damage from aliens that either fall through the floor and out of the game, or aliens/soldiers that are in another room altogether? I can't find mention of these glitches on an official review, but it is starting to sound like this game isn't worth anything at all.

Just grabbed Aliens ps3 for $10. I guess it became available again? I figure even if its not great I can still trade it in and come out ahead after I beat it.

[quote name='ultramanJ']Just grabbed Aliens ps3 for $10. I guess it became available again? I figure even if its not great I can still trade it in and come out ahead after I beat it.[/QUOTE]
The Amazon trade in value just dipped to $4.00 (and I assume others will soon follow), unless you locked one yesterday at $18.xx.

EDIT: Just saw you can trade in the yet-to-be-released XCOM to Amazon for $7.45, crazy steal right there.

[quote name='TooPoor']
EDIT: Just saw you can trade in the yet-to-be-released XCOM to Amazon for $7.45, crazy steal right there.[/QUOTE]

That is just plain laughable.

bread's done
Back