GameFly December 2013 Used Game Sale (12/10 to 12/16) Metro LL $15, Bureau: XCOM Declassified $8, Killer is Dead (PS3) $15, and Many More!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
GameFly's monthly used game sale is back; featuring low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Sale goes live 12/10 at 10AM PST - Ends 12/16

Xbox 360
Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel $9.99
Battlefield 3 $9.99
Borderlands $9.99
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified $7.99
Call of Duty: Black Ops II $14.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 $12.99
Dark $9.99
Defiance $6.99
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai HD Collection $14.99
Dragon Ball Z for Kinect $12.99
Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse $12.99
Forza: Horizon $14.99
Grand Theft Auto IV $9.99
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City $9.99
Hitman: Absolution $8.99
Medal of Honor Warfighter $7.99
MLB 2K13 $9.99
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection $14.99
Metro: Last Light $14.99
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 $14.99
Need for Speed: Most Wanted $9.99
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge $14.99
Prototype $12.99
Ride to Hell: Retribution $6.99
Star Trek $7.99
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier $7.99
Red Dead Redemption $9.99
Remember Me $9.99
Saints Row: The Third $9.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 $14.99
transparent.gif

PlayStation 3
Aliens: Colonial Marines $8.99
All-Stars Battle Royale $12.99
Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel $9.99
Asura's Wrath $9.99
Battlefield 3 $9.99
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified $7.99
Call of Duty: Black Ops $14.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 $12.99
Crysis 2 $8.99
Killer is Dead $14.99
Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse $12.99
God of War III $12.99
God of War Origins Collection $12.99
Grand Theft Auto IV $9.99
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City $9.99
Hitman: Absolution $8.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $14.99
MLB 12: The Show $7.99
MLB 13: The Show $9.99
MLB 2K13 $9.99
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection $14.99
Metro: Last Light $14.99
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault $12.99
Red Dead Redemption $9.99
Ride to Hell: Retribution $6.99
Saints Row: The Third $9.99
Spec Ops: The Line $9.99
Star Trek $7.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 $14.99

Wii U
Ben 10 Omniverse $9.99
Disney Planes $14.99
ESPN Sports Connection $12.99
Fast & Furious Showdown $12.99
Funky Barn $14.99
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes $12.99
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth $14.99
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge $12.99
Rabbids Land $14.99
Rise of the Guardians $12.99
Scribblenauts Unlimited $12.99
Tank! Tank! Tank! $9.99
Wipeout 3 $12.99
ZombiU $14.99

Lol... if I knew how to quote I would... but that inner monologue happens more and more while I view this site.

And to the guy who listened... I did notice, and I'm proud to have saved one.

For the rest if you guys... more than likely you are like me. A guy who considered a day one purchase... watched all the awesome trailers... had secret fantasies of living the Enemy Unknown game out in third person and personally pulling he trigger in cool new setting... only to see the reviews and hold out for a better price.

This game could have been free, and it would have disappointed. I'm going to fight thru it... but seriously, I want to hear some other xcom fans takes on it... because I was pretty hyped when it came in the mail last week... only to feel like someone killed my dog a few hours later.

Its not that bad, but its bad.

Uggg...my inner monologue for this sale is pathetic.

Me: "Hey Remember me and Xcom are on sale for a price you like....YES!"

Me: "Didn't you just look at you backlog shelf this morning and declare you will never finish all these games?"

Me: "Well yeah but at $8 and $10 these are really good prices."

Me: "You are wasting your money."

Me: "Yeah I should just leave it alone it should sell out I am sure."

2 HOURS LATER

Me: "Oh look still for sale...dammit just sell out so I don't have to buy these"

Me: You're pathetic.
Sounds like the conversation Homer had with his brain, and he killed his last working brain cell. You get em'.

Pick up Naruto when it goes on sale on Steam or something. I'm holding out that we're gonna get some Hinata-in-hot-pants mods.

Also note that for NUNS3, you're gonna want the Full Burst version.
Don't use steam.

Damn though only thing I want is DBZ HD but I don't wanna wait too long for shipping again so I wanna buy another game.

Would've grabbed Asura's Wrath, but I'm late to the party. Gonna wait on a cheaper price on Saint's Row the Third: the Full Package so I'll pass on it.

Snagged MGS HD Collection and The Bureau.  Been waiting for forever and a day to play the MGS collection and I have to get it in before the PS4 starts dominating my gaming time. 

...and I'll buy almost anything that's $8. 

Got Asura's Wrath (360) and Metro: Last Light (360), though I haven't played the first Metro game that I got during the last GF sale :(

For those wondering about Killer is Dead or Remember Me, they're both worth it at their respective prices. 

KiD is definitely a unique game with a confusing storyline, but if you liked any of Suda51's other games (No More Heroes, Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw) then you already know what you're in for.  For achievement/trophy hunters, this one is an easy but tedious grindfest to max out.

RM only needs one playthrough for most of the acheivements with a chapter select available.  The story is definietly interesting and there are some new mechanics here that are fun to play with.  Imagine a slightly less fluid Batman fighting style but with customizable combos.

Got Asura's Wrath (360) and Metro: Last Light (360), though I haven't played the first Metro game that I got during the last GF sale :(

For those wondering about Killer is Dead or Remember Me, they're both worth it at their respective prices.

KiD is definitely a unique game with a confusing storyline, but if you liked any of Suda51's other games (No More Heroes, Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw) then you already know what you're in for. For achievement/trophy hunters, this one is an easy but tedious grindfest to max out.

RM only needs one playthrough for most of the acheivements with a chapter select available. The story is definietly interesting and there are some new mechanics here that are fun to play with. Imagine a slightly less fluid Batman fighting style but with customizable combos.
Dude play Metro 2033. One of my top 5 or 10 games of this past generation.

GF could have saved money by grouping my two orders created hours apart. I think only Amazon does this sort of group shipping management.

GF could have saved money by grouping my two orders created hours apart. I think only Amazon does this sort of group shipping management.
Yeah, I was hoping they'd group my two separate orders (both for their benefit and so I'd get faster shipping and a tracking number) but they sent them out separately. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I was hoping they'd group my two separate orders (both for their benefit and so I'd get faster shipping and a tracking number) but they sent them out separately. Oh well.
I know. Over the course of BF my wife bought bunch of cosmetic stuff and bath stuff from the likes of Sephora and Body Shop, all of them mail orders separately despite them being created moments apart. Only Amazon "holds" your order for a little while in anticipation of consecutive orders so they can be shipped in one batch (which is more prevalent if you don't have Prime).

They should really learn from Amazon.

Somebody kick me in the nuts, I must be the only person who bought Rabbids Land and I checked on Amazon and only third party sellers have it for $20+ but I checked Walmart.com and they have it for the same price new. =(

I feel cheated now, I guess you can't win them all.

Dude play Metro 2033. One of my top 5 or 10 games of this past generation.
Maybe I'll bump it up on my backlog list. I have about 100 X360 games on that list, a few PS3 titles and I'm still enjoying my new shiny Xbox One (wish I could say the same about my PS4, but I'm still waiting for my 2nd replacement).

I take it no ones buying dark . I thought about it but it sounds bad I mean really bad.
I Think one person on here admitted to it despite the game having a 38 on Metacritic, which regardless of your thoughts on Metacritic is pretty telling of how awful that game is or is going to be.

I take it no ones buying dark . I thought about it but it sounds bad I mean really bad.
Yeah, it's pretty bad. Te story wasn't very memorable and the stealth mechanics are horrid. You can get through the entire game in a few hours, or max out all the achievements in a day. However, I hardly ever say no to a game that's below $9...

so you are supposed to get an email after it processes? cause i only got a confirmation of the order.
You get two emails, one for order confirmation and another when the order is shipped. Occasionally they'll update via the website that your order has shipped before you get the email like an hour or two.

Lol... if I knew how to quote I would... but that inner monologue happens more and more while I view this site.

And to the guy who listened... I did notice, and I'm proud to have saved one.

For the rest if you guys... more than likely you are like me. A guy who considered a day one purchase... watched all the awesome trailers... had secret fantasies of living the Enemy Unknown game out in third person and personally pulling he trigger in cool new setting... only to see the reviews and hold out for a better price.

This game could have been free, and it would have disappointed. I'm going to fight thru it... but seriously, I want to hear some other xcom fans takes on it... because I was pretty hyped when it came in the mail last week... only to feel like someone killed my dog a few hours later.

Its not that bad, but its bad.
You were going to be disappointed if you wanted an XCOM game, because it's not, and I don't think it was ever marketed as one. It always seemed a whole lot more Mass Effect.

When I say an xcom game... I don't mean strategy.

Just the whole feeling of the universe was off. Its like they wanted to film the worlds largest blockbuster... then realized a) they didn't have the skill or b) they didn't have the time

Either day you end up playing this muddled mess of a game w a rediculous storyline, a main character that wears the face of the original Max Payne... and the mechanics of the gameplay are too wonky. Trust me... I knew what the game was supposed to be and was very excited for it... this just feels like someone at the dev realized the game was never going to be good and decided go rap up the show and send out what they had.

I'd stronger prefer to install a scratched up 360 game to my hard drive as opposed to running a scratched up ps3 game from the disc drive. 90% of the ps3 games I've gotten from gf are scratched.
I don't know why you get so many scratched PS3 discs, I ordered about two dozen ps3 games and most of them weren't scratched. 360 discs are a different story, which is expected since Blu-ray Discs are very hard to scratch.

Even if I install a scratched 360 disc to play, I can't sell it as like-new on eBay. So I try to avoide GF 360 discs whenever I can.

bread's done
Back