GameFly July 2014 Used Game Sale (7/15 to 7/21) Forza 5 $19.99 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
GameFly's used game sale is back; featuring low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Sale goes live 7/15 at 10AM PST -  Ends 7/21

Xbox 360
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag $9.99
Battlefield 4 $9.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts $12.99
Dark Souls $12.99
Thief $12.99
LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes $14.99
transparent.gif
Hitman: Absolution $7.99
Armored Core: Verdict Day $8.99
Lost Planet 3 $8.99
Sleeping Dogs $8.99
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct $8.99
Young Justice: Legacy $8.99
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon... $9.99
Batman: Arkham Origins $9.99
BioShock Infinite $9.99
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance $9.99
Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles $9.99
Saints Row: The Third $9.99
The Walking Dead $9.99
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z $9.99
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars $12.99
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII $14.99
Need for Speed Rivals $14.99
Spongebob Squarepants: Plankton's... $14.99
Fable Anniversary $17.99

PlayStation 3
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z $19.99
Resistance 2 $6.99
Defiance $7.99
Remember Me $8.99
Battlefield 4 $9.99
PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures $9.99
Final Fantasy XIII-2 $12.99
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time $12.99
Thief $12.99
Beyond: Two Souls $14.99
Dynasty Warriors 8 $14.99
Earth Defense Force 2025 $14.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 $19.99

Xbox One
Fighter Within $12.99
Madden NFL 25 $14.99
LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes $17.99
Need for Speed Rivals $17.99
Forza Motorsport 5 $19.99

3DS
LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins $17.99
Mario Party: Island Tour $17.99
Sonic Lost World $17.99
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team $19.99

PS Vita
Tearaway $14.99
Killzone: Mercenary $17.99
Muramasa Rebirth $17.99
Valhalla Knights 3 $17.99
Ys: Memories of Celceta $19.99

Wii
Tron: Evolution - Battle Grids $4.99
Ben 10 Omniverse 2 $8.99
Turbo: Super Stunt Squad $8.99
Despicable Me $12.99
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon $12.99

Ugh, of course Ghosts has to be on sale on 360 instead of PS3. Tempted by Lightning Returns, but I hear so many bad things about it...

I might bite on Batman & Yaiba for that price, but i was hoping for some PS4 games. Maybe they will added in the morning.

That game, like the character of Lightning herself, will be going no where.
I like her as a character. I have a feeling I will name my next pet after her.

Actually my opinion on that game is this: If it were a Star Ocean game, it would have been one of the best of the series. Since it was Final Fantasy, it has other pretty good games in the series.

Honestly, I love every Final Fantasy game, so I am a bad person to defend XIII.

Considering rebuying Forza and Arkham Origins. Thoughts?
For some reason, I have a feeling it will be the first retail free game on GWG. With the release of Forza Horizon coming out soon and Microsoft eventually having to give us a free retail game, I just feel it. That's just how I feel though, might never happen

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only ordered PS3/PS4 games from GF. Has anyone gotten chipped discs with 360 games?
The PS3 games are blu-ray discs, which has a harder protective coating, tend to get chips on them. But most people get their chipped discs from the Pittsburgh distribution center.

Take a look at my picture album if you are interested in seeing what these chips look like. All of my PS3 games from Gamefly have come from the Pittsburgh center and are all chipped. Doesn't bother me since I don't resell or trade my games in, so it might be worth considering for those who do.

My Assassin's Creed 3 PS3 had some chips on it too but worked alright. The other games I ordered looked almost pristine, so it was a shame this one was treated bad....least it worked.

The PS3 games are blu-ray discs, which has a harder protective coating, tend to get chips on them. But most people get their chipped discs from the Pittsburgh distribution center.

Take a look at my picture album if you are interested in seeing what these chips look like. All of my PS3 games from Gamefly have come from the Pittsburgh center and are all chipped. Doesn't bother me since I don't resell or trade my games in, so it might be worth considering for those who do.
Hmm, interesting. I've gotten chipped discs from the Seattle distribution center recently. I think I'll pass because I do tend to resell my games.

I think I'm down for Lightning Returns too. I know it's supposed to be bad, but that's why I'm not willing to spend much on it, and I sort of want to see for myself. 

Sort of tempted to wait until it's that price new, but by then I might not have time for it, and I've got a $5 credit that won't ever get used on anything else.

GameFly's used game sale is back; featuring low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Sale goes live 7/15 at 10AM PST - Ends 7/21

Xbox 360
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag $9.99
Battlefield 4 $9.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts $12.99
Dark Souls $12.99
Thief $12.99
LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes $14.99
transparent.gif
Hitman: Absolution $7.99
Armored Core: Verdict Day $8.99
Lost Planet 3 $8.99
Sleeping Dogs $8.99
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct $8.99
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon... $9.99
BioShock Infinite $9.99
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance $9.99
Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles $9.99
Saints Row: The Third $9.99
The Walking Dead $9.99
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars $12.99
Need for Speed Rivals $14.99
Spongebob Squarepants: Plankton's... $14.99
Fable Anniversary $17.99

PlayStation 3
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z $19.99
Resistance 2 $6.99
Defiance $7.99
Remember Me $8.99
Battlefield 4 $9.99
Final Fantasy XIII-2 $12.99
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time $12.99
Thief $12.99
Beyond: Two Souls $14.99
Dynasty Warriors 8 $14.99
Earth Defense Force 2025 $14.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 $19.99

Xbox One
Fighter Within $12.99
Madden NFL 25 $14.99
LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes $17.99
Need for Speed Rivals $17.99
Forza Motorsport 5 $19.99

3DS
LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins $17.99
Mario Party: Island Tour $17.99
Sonic Lost World $17.99
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team $19.99

PS Vita
Tearaway $14.99
Killzone: Mercenary $17.99
Muramasa Rebirth $17.99
Valhalla Knights 3 $17.99
Ys: Memories of Celceta $19.99

Wii
Tron: Evolution - Battle Grids $4.99
Ben 10 Omniverse 2 $8.99
Turbo: Super Stunt Squad $8.99
Despicable Me $12.99
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon $12.99
Shit, I want to do it but last time I got a broken game.

Anyone recommend Fragile Dreams for Wii? Just got a wii and could use a game or two
Haven't played it, might pick it up here. But I know that it's made by tri-Crescendo. Basically everything they have a hand in ends up love it or hate it.

Anyway, this is the cheapest I've ever seen Memories of Celceta. The Ys fan in me is calling. It's saying to abandon all hope of a PC port and accept the Vita master race.

How was the campaign for COD Ghosts and Battlefield 4?
Ghosts is like other Infinity Ward CoD's so if that's your thing, go for it. I liked it a lot, the story had some dumb moments but the set pieces were still exciting.

Battlefield 4 could not have been more boring to me. Could not even finish, had to watch my roommate finish his.

Ahh to buy Arkham or not to buy Arkham.
If you liked the other arkham games then go for it. It's not a huge leap forward like city was but it's got a good story and never felt stale. It's the first one that I ever felt like taking the time to get all the riddler stuff.

Gamefly seldom goes below $8 for a game so it's not like you're going to get much waiting for a drop.

How was the campaign for COD Ghosts and Battlefield 4?

Ghosts is like other Infinity Ward CoD's so if that's your thing, go for it. I liked it a lot, the story had some dumb moments but the set pieces were still exciting.

Battlefield 4 could not have been more boring to me. Could not even finish, had to watch my roommate finish his.
I really hope you're not a COD fanboy and trolling here. I haven't played Ghost, but I do love all the COD's campaigns so far. Battlefield 4's campaign was epic, and I enjoyed it a lot. What did your friend think about BF4's campaign since he has finished it? One of the best so far for me...finished and platinum it.

I really want to pick up Batman: Origins, too, at this price point. But I think I'm going to hold off for the GOTY edition with all the DLCs.

im gonna be sony fanboying now xbotters how come these xbotters get exclusive deals for games for 10 dollars huh thats not fair oh let me sign petition to fight this since devolopers favor xbotters more lol.

destiny got all exclusive content xboters go bungie has mistreated us yea thats why you filith fanboys getting games for 999 used im ticked over all the deals xbone getting over us pas4 owners we have superior console we get to pay 40 to 60 bux for ac 4 cod etc gtfo out here with that lol

I feel like I never see Vita games in these sales. Happy to see them. Will be picking up Ys, Killzone, and Muramasa

I really hope you're not a COD fanboy and trolling here. I haven't played Ghost, but I do love all the COD's campaigns so far. Battlefield 4's campaign was epic, and I enjoyed it a lot. What did your friend think about BF4's campaign since he has finished it? One of the best so far for me...finished and platinum it.

I really want to pick up Batman: Origins, too, at this price point. But I think I'm going to hold off for the GOTY edition with all the DLCs.
I'm not trolling- I just think DICE doesn't know what makes a set-piece driven shooter work. I saw it on 360 first, and that may have discolored my interest in it. It was awful on that platform in so many ways. I didn't touch SP on PS4, and I'm sure the "wow factor" of amazing graphics wouldn't hurt. Some of the facial animation was insane for that game. My roommate played through it 3 times (360, 360 again after save delete, PS4), though he did that not for enjoyment but for unlocking stuff.

Just throwing this out there. I ended up with Lost Planet 3 from a GF sale earlier this year and it's risen to become one of my favorite games I've played so far in 2014.

I did not enjoy any other Lost Planet game.

Just throwing this out there. I ended up with Lost Planet 3 from a GF sale earlier this year and it's risen to become one of my favorite games I've played so far in 2014.

I did not enjoy any other Lost Planet game.
*shifts Lost Planet 3 up the backlog queue* :whistle2:

I feel like I never see Vita games in these sales. Happy to see them. Will be picking up Ys, Killzone, and Muramasa
I'm playing Muramasa through ps+, and after playing for about 30 minutes...it just seems bleh. It has potential to be great, but there was too much of going screen to screen of pretty much doing nothing. I won't be playing it for a while since I have more games to try out.

im gonna be sony fanboying now xbotters how come these xbotters get exclusive deals for games for 10 dollars huh thats not fair oh let me sign petition to fight this since devolopers favor xbotters more lol.

destiny got all exclusive content xboters go bungie has mistreated us yea thats why you filith fanboys getting games for 999 used im ticked over all the deals xbone getting over us pas4 owners we have superior console we get to pay 40 to 60 bux for ac 4 cod etc gtfo out here with that lol
wut

[quote name="ssrpgvita" post="11925939" timestamp="1405434668"]im gonna be sony fanboying now xbotters how come these xbotters get exclusive deals for games for 10 dollars huh thats not fair oh let me sign petition to fight this since devolopers favor xbotters more lol.

destiny got all exclusive content xboters go bungie has mistreated us yea thats why you filith fanboys getting games for 999 used im ticked over all the deals xbone getting over us pas4 owners we have superior console we get to pay 40 to 60 bux for ac 4 cod etc gtfo out here with that lol[/quote]are you high

I thought something was wrong when I went online I didn't see the sale I even waited till 10 am. Until I realized I'm in est time zone lol good times over here.

Isn't it supposed to be "best" (not sure that word should be applied here :???:) on PS4 anyway?
Multiplats tend to run a little better on ps4 (save for battlefield 4, it actually looks better on x1 imo). It comes down to whether you like the controller, achievements, friend list, ecosystem, etc really. It's not a ps2 to ps3 jump in graphics quality of x1/ps4, regardless of what fanboys will have you to think.

Any good flips? I didn't see anything that looked like it would be worth the hassle (gotta be at least $5 profit per game, I usually go for $10 so I don't flip much at all).

I think I'm going to end up snagging Valhalla Knights 3. My goal is to own every Vita release and I haven't seen this get much of a discount at all. $18 is too high for my tastes but I get the feeling it won't go lower.

Any good flips? I didn't see anything that looked like it would be worth the hassle (gotta be at least $5 profit per game, I usually go for $10 so I don't flip much at all).

I think I'm going to end up snagging Valhalla Knights 3. My goal is to own every Vita release and I haven't seen this get much of a discount at all. $18 is too high for my tastes but I get the feeling it won't go lower.
There is a Valhalla Knights 3 Gold too in Japan....somehow I doubt we'll get it. This looks so generic....I may pick it up but probably not.

All I can say is, if you don't have Fragile Dreams.  BUY IT!  Masterpiece.

As for me, it's Pac-Man since I already own everything else of interest.

Dammit, spent a second milling over whether or not I needed a copy of Lightning Returns yet and Ys goes out of stock, I thought having it in my cart would hold it. They must have had a grand total of two copies to sell.

I just think DICE doesn't know what makes a set-piece driven shooter work. I saw it on 360 first, and that may have discolored my interest in it. It was awful on that platform in so many ways. I didn't touch SP on PS4, and I'm sure the "wow factor" of amazing graphics wouldn't hurt. Some of the facial animation was insane for that game. My roommate played through it 3 times (360, 360 again after save delete, PS4), though he did that not for enjoyment but for unlocking stuff.
I heard about the game save corrupt on the XBOX360 version. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Having said that, I wouldn't mind replaying the BF4 main campaign again, even though I've completed it twice for the Platinum trophy. It really is that good.

bread's done
Back