GameFly March 2012 Sale - Under $15 Blowout

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthly used game sale is returns with under $15 prices and free shipping on sale items. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Out of stock items sometimes return later. Sale ends 3/26.

L.A. Noire $8.99
Homefront $9.99
Crysis 2 $9.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $12.99
:ps3: MLB 11: The Show $12.99
:ps3: Rage $12.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:ps3: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:ps3: Dungeon Siege III $9.99
:ps3: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $9.99
:ps3: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $9.99
:ps3: X-Men: Destiny $9.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Alice: Madness Returns $14.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99

:360: Bulletstorm $7.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2$12.99
:360: Driver: San Francisco$12.99
:360: Portal 2 $12.99
:360: Alice: Madness Returns$14.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:360: L.A. Noire $7.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $8.99
:360: Captain America: Super Soldier $8.99
:360: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $8.99
:360: Crysis 2 $9.99
:360: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $9.99
:360: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron $9.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:360: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $9.99
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11 $9.99
:360: Medal of Honor $9.99
:360: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $9.99
:360: X-Men: Destiny $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:360: Rage $12.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $12.99
:360: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year $14.99

:wii: Call of Duty:Black Ops $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $14.99
:wii: Hasbro Family Game Night 3 $14.99
:wii: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $7.99
:wii: Nicktoons MLB $7.99
:wii: Santa Claus is Comin' to Town $7.99
:wii: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:wii: Cars 2 $9.99
:wii: Driver: San Francisco $9.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:wii: Smurfs Dance Party $9.99
:wii: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 $12.99
:wii: LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars $12.99
:wii: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $12.99
:wii: Phineas & Ferb: Across the Second Dimension $12.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Never mind, I thought I was getting Deus Ex, but for the third time now there is "something wrong with my account." Seriously, they told me this was fixed the last time. I'm about to just say fuck them.

So I'm at the page to buy El Shaddai, and it only gives me the option to rent but the option to keep it for $9.99. Did I miss out on straight-up buying it, as opposed to renting and buying?

[quote name='Acid Indigestion']So I'm at the page to buy El Shaddai, and it only gives me the option to rent but the option to keep it for $9.99. Did I miss out on straight-up buying it, as opposed to renting and buying?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's out of stock already. It might come back in stock so keep checking.

I would buy crysis 2 but its by ea and they'll probably shut the servers down next month.

[quote name='rlb543']what's the good word on killzone 3 being worth $15?[/QUOTE]

I personally thought it was pretty terrible, and I absolutely loved the 2nd one. The 3rd just felt rushed and unfinished and uninteresting.

[quote name='myka22']Yeah it's out of stock already. It might come back in stock so keep checking.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling it's going to turn into the NMH trend. In stock, and then back out. Very annoying to say the least. Just add Catherine for the same price, and I'll be a happy man.

[quote name='celegus']I personally thought it was pretty terrible, and I absolutely loved the 2nd one. The 3rd just felt rushed and unfinished and uninteresting.[/QUOTE]

enough said. still may pick it up down the road if it dips under $10, hard to refuse anything at that point.

[quote name='rlb543']what's the good word on killzone 3 being worth $15?[/QUOTE]

it's good, but understand that it's killzone built entirely around copying the COD style gameplay, minus terrible story and set pieces, of course. if you're coming fresh off of killzone 2, you probably won't like the single player of killzone 3 at all, as it seems like a major step back in terms of gameplay and story. And overall artistic design has been completely changed from the bleak and gritty killzone 2. its all bright and colorful now, not really my cup of tea imo.

[quote name='Jay']I would buy crysis 2 but its by ea and they'll probably shut the servers down next month.[/QUOTE]
I highly doubt EA would shut down the servers for the game next month. Crysis 2 just turned 1 year old, and the lengthy single player is worth the $10.

[quote name='Jay']I would buy crysis 2 but its by ea and they'll probably shut the servers down next month.[/QUOTE]

I just got the platinum a few months ago. It still has a decent community, at least on PS3. It's in no danger of being shut down any time soon.

Hmm, looks like I'm getting Alice and Portal 2... Really thinking about getting Captain America, Transformers, Green Lantern and Shadows of the damned, but I may just wait to rent them since I have a blockbuster pass anyways. Anyways, thanks Cheapy and OP!

[quote name='JaylisJayP']It sucks. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

I saw video of el shaddai and I said to myself "my god this looks like digital hypno weed !"
Imagine playing it while you are smoking as the games visuals are interesting to say the least lol. As for the gameplay it looked boring to me so ill pass

[quote name='strait edge follower']I saw video of el shaddai and I said to myself "my god this looks like digital hypno weed !"
Imagine playing it while you are smoking as the games visuals are interesting to say the least lol. As for the gameplay it looked boring to me so ill pass[/QUOTE]

The visuals didn't even impress me all that much. They're all right, but I barely remember what the game looked like. The gamplay itself is so boring, so generic. Possibly the most overrated game of the year last year. I'm sorry I even paid $11 at gamestop when I did.

For what it's worth, I adored Killzone 3, both the single player and the multiplayer. Keep in mind, if you have a Family Video around you, it's $10 there and there games are usually in good condition.

With enough backlog to last me eons, I picked up Rage and Warhammer Space Marines, for a little over $20, it was just right pricewise. Was hoping for a few others to drop in price, but oh well.

Is there a single thing Captain America does better than the Batman games? I'm thinking of picking it up but the game looks like an early 360 game.

And I don't like how this Cap looks like he's barely out of high school. Give me the one with hair on his chest who can take down the Hulk.

I kind of want something to hold me over until the Witcher 2. Would you guys recommend Crysis 2 or Warhammer Space marine for 360? ( I don't have too much gaming to play both, so I kind of just want to focus on 1 game for now)

I LOL'D.

On topic: thanks, OP, picked up a copy of Cap for PS3. On top of the copy of Warhammer i bought from Gamefly the other day. And the copies of SotD, Alice and Mass Effect 2 i bought from the EA sale last week... come to think of it, curse you, OP!

In for an Alice and a Deus Ex 360. Never played either franchise. Looking forward to going in blind.

Love the Gamefly sales. I stopped the rental service years ago, but I'm always signed in for the used sales. The games are always in very nice condition.

Finally got Captain America! Game always sells out quick @these Gamefly sales. As far as El Shaddai goes ignore the trolls. No the game isn't some newfound masterpiece but for the cheap price it's a great buy and if you appreciate super funky visuals you'll probably dig it!

Don't listen to the troll. El Shaddai was actually one of my fav games of last year. very underrated and quite a visual feast.

Tempted on Driver: San Francisco after hearing how much Cheapy loves it... but it seems like it's on sale every other week. Got a feeling it's gonna drop a few more bucks ;). haha, I know--I'm too cheap.

[quote name='Furashu']havent played any assassins creed, is brotherhood vital to the story?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You need to play ACII before Brotherhood though. They are directly related. I say you could skip AC1 because it kind of sucks in comparison (too repetitive). It was awesome (for me) when I first got my 360, but looking back on it, it wasn't that great. ACII had an awesome story, and Brotherhood improved upon it's controls and streamlined everything a bit more. Also, online multiplayer is pretty fun and nerve-wracking, haha.

Dammit. AC Brotherhood went out of stock for PS3, it came back in stock, and just in the time it took me to Google what the exclusive PS3 content was, it went out of stock again.

[quote name='kburns10']So pissed I paid 19.99 for Captain America recently! At 8.99, that's a no-brainer! Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Yea.. tell me about it, I literally paid 20 for it yesterday haha, now i dont know what to do in the situation. I bought it "NEW" from gamestop... but it was the last gutted unsealed NEW copy :( so it doesn't look like i can return it.

Wow. So many games I bought new for ~$30 in the last 6 months and haven't played yet, that are now ~$10.
Oh well...at least I feel like I supported the designers.
GameFly's prices are pretty bad-ass, though, and the 5 games I've bought through them have been mint.

El Shaddai is out... I'm honestly relieved. I have so many games to play, and I still would have bought it at that price. Lol.

[quote name='vince726']do you have to be a Gamefly member for these prices, I just see where it says keep and not add to cart, Thanks.[/QUOTE]

That means the game is out of stock for sale, you can only keep it at that price if you have it currently rented out. Sometimes a game will come back in stock though...

These prices are good for everyone.

[quote name='Dunvane']El Shaddai is out... I'm honestly relieved. I have so many games to play, and I still would have bought it at that price. Lol.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I'm really tempted by Driver: SF and Captain America (as well as El Shaddai if it comes back in stock), but I know if I buy them they'll sit in my backlog for quite a while. I still haven't gotten to a few of the GF sales games I picked up last year.

[quote name='TheSingingBard']With enough backlog to last me eons, I picked up Rage and Warhammer Space Marines, for a little over $20, it was just right pricewise. Was hoping for a few others to drop in price, but oh well.[/QUOTE]

You know Rage could be had for $5 from BBY with their current gamer mag coupon? You'd just have to find a copy because some have been successful and some haven't...

[quote name='steelcurtain11']I kind of want something to hold me over until the Witcher 2. Would you guys recommend Crysis 2 or Warhammer Space marine for 360? ( I don't have too much gaming to play both, so I kind of just want to focus on 1 game for now)[/QUOTE]

I personally enjoyed Crysis 2 more. You can take on each objective any way you want. Stealth, guns blazing, snipe. The choice is yours. I even got my dad hooked on Crysis. Now Space Marine was fun, but I felt the story out stayed it's welcome.

man la noire for ps3 apparently oos again. this is like the third time I tried to get it on sale from gamefly to no avail... It's weird though, the rent keep it price is 8.99, and the availability is high..

bread's done
Back