GameFly March 2012 Sale - Under $15 Blowout

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthly used game sale is returns with under $15 prices and free shipping on sale items. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Out of stock items sometimes return later. Sale ends 3/26.

L.A. Noire $8.99
Homefront $9.99
Crysis 2 $9.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $12.99
:ps3: MLB 11: The Show $12.99
:ps3: Rage $12.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:ps3: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:ps3: Dungeon Siege III $9.99
:ps3: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $9.99
:ps3: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $9.99
:ps3: X-Men: Destiny $9.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Alice: Madness Returns $14.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99

:360: Bulletstorm $7.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2$12.99
:360: Driver: San Francisco$12.99
:360: Portal 2 $12.99
:360: Alice: Madness Returns$14.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:360: L.A. Noire $7.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $8.99
:360: Captain America: Super Soldier $8.99
:360: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $8.99
:360: Crysis 2 $9.99
:360: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $9.99
:360: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron $9.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:360: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $9.99
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11 $9.99
:360: Medal of Honor $9.99
:360: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $9.99
:360: X-Men: Destiny $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:360: Rage $12.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $12.99
:360: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year $14.99

:wii: Call of Duty:Black Ops $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $14.99
:wii: Hasbro Family Game Night 3 $14.99
:wii: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $7.99
:wii: Nicktoons MLB $7.99
:wii: Santa Claus is Comin' to Town $7.99
:wii: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:wii: Cars 2 $9.99
:wii: Driver: San Francisco $9.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:wii: Smurfs Dance Party $9.99
:wii: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 $12.99
:wii: LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars $12.99
:wii: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $12.99
:wii: Phineas & Ferb: Across the Second Dimension $12.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chingychink2005']^Douche, lol. The new Ipad or Ipad 2? Can't decide which to get.[/QUOTE]

The new iPad. it's my first iPad and well worth it in my opinion. the screen and dictation feature alone it worth the extra money.

Sent from my new iPad. The new iPad that is.

Received Rage for X360 and discs 1 and 2 don't install at all. Weird, since they LOOK fine. Still annoyed, going to have to try to exchange them. Dragon Age II case was partly crushed, and the disc looked like hell, but it did at least install, so I'll count my blessings (yes, I know the game is crap, I'm a masochist, what can I say). First bad experience with Gamefly. Oh, well.

not bad i have most games. i want brotherhood but i still need to finish AC2 and by the time i do that brotherhood will be dirt cheap anyways.

[quote name='mrclutch']Got X-Men today for the PS3. Edges were chipped but it still plays okay. little bit disappointed with the quality of the disk.

Sent from my new iPad. Not that that's important. I just like saying it:)[/QUOTE]

weird, got mine the other day...had one fingerprint, no dents, looks brand new

[quote name='bradmanuel']Dragon Age II case was partly crushed, and the disc looked like hell, but it did at least install, so I'll count my blessings (yes, I know the game is crap, I'm a masochist, what can I say)[/QUOTE]

(Off Topic) Since I didn't play the first one on a computer I found the control scheme using my Xbox controller very cumbersome. I actually enjoyed the more direct control method of the second one. Also, I thought the story was great and the characters very well written.

The third act surprise caught me off guard and I had to really ask myself what would be the best course of action. There wasn't any easy choices, which was surprising coming from Bioware. This game was underrated by most people in my opinion. Just don't go in expecting a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate. Dragon Age II is more in line with action RPGs.

My LA Noire just shipped this morning, their processing time a little longer than I thought, not whining though since I won't have time to play it anyways.

[quote name='htz']
iconps3.gif
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron $14.99
iconps3.gif
Deus Ex: Human Revolution $14.99

El Shaddai for PS3 is back in stock but gamefly has bumped the price up by $5 and no free shipping for non-rental gamefly members. Deus Ex is also back in stock with no free shipping for non-rental gamefly members either.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they were ever part of the sale for PS3. Gamefly has never raised prices on a sale item while it was still running nor removed free shipping. Those are just Gamefly's normal prices for those two.

So I did something somewhat dishonest, but yet warranted.

I had an account for years when I lived elsewhere and in good standing, I canceled my service before I moved to another city. Well a while back I tried to by a game from one of these sales and my new address came up as blocked as the previous person at this address has a game out that was never returned.

After numerous back and forth emails, they refused to do business with me regardless of my account history just because of the previous occupant's account tied to this address.

Well I circumvented it by changing the 0 in my address to a O. I doubt USPS will known the difference and think it is undeliverable.

Just got my copy of Portal 2. I've bought many games from gamefly so I'm aware of the general quality of their discs. However this one looks terrible and has some bad looking dings on the read surface. What's their exchange/return policy like.

I got my copies of Crysis 2 and Alice: Madness Returns today. Both were in moderately good shape to allow for 360 installs. I'll play some Crysis 2 later then I guess.

I just got a call from Gamefly customer support. They said they could not ship Driver: San Francisco because of a system error. They will be refunding the purchase, but also said I could reorder the game any time. The price is still the same, so I'm wondering what the error could be. Anyone else get a call like this?

The :ps3: Dungeon Siege 3 that I just got has a nice crack in the middle but so far seems to be installing alright...

Wow, that was some quickness. Ordered Warhammer and dungeon seige on the 20th at like midnight and got both in perfect condition today...not a single scratch, great first experience.

If a game installs on the 360 is that a sign that there won't be any issues? I just installed my copy of Portal 2 but the disc looks like crap. I don't want to miss the opportunity to exchange, but I don't think I'll get a chance to play it all the way through for a while.

[quote name='aaronandjenni']If a game installs on the 360 is that a sign that there won't be any issues? I just installed my copy of Portal 2 but the disc looks like crap. I don't want to miss the opportunity to exchange, but I don't think I'll get a chance to play it all the way through for a while.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, yes. If it installs 100%, then it's probably fine. GF doesn't do 1-to-1 exchanges; you'll have to return it and re-order.

And to whoever it was that asked if Crysis 2's PS3 community was still active, yes. Played some the other night and didn't have to wait long to find full lobbies.

Bought Captain America and Green Lantern the other day and Warhammer today on a restock.

All the stories of tore up discs is making me nervous. I haven't read a lot of posts in this thread but I hope it's isolated to a certain area and not something that is going to become a trend with GameFly.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Pretty much, yes. If it installs 100%, then it's probably fine. GF doesn't do 1-to-1 exchanges; you'll have to return it and re-order.

And to whoever it was that asked if Crysis 2's PS3 community was still active, yes. Played some the other night and didn't have to wait long to find full lobbies.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, L.A. Noire, Space Marine and Crysis 2 are back in stock

Xbox:
SOLD OUT: http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution/143255/#.T2uQUMyKU70 $9.99 + free shipping
SOLD OUT: http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-LA-Noire/142020/#.T2uQVcyKU70 $7.99 + free shipping
SOLD OUT: http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-Warhammer-40%2c000-Space-Marine/144015/#.T2uTXsyKU70 $9.99 + free shipping
SOLD OUT: http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-Crysis-2/143730/#.T2uTXcyKU70 $9.99 + free shipping

PS3:
http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution/143260/#.T2uQ1cyKU70 $14.99 used (free shipping on new only, 29.99)
SOLD OUT: http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-LA-Noire/142025/#.T2uQycyKU70 $8.99 + free shipping

Also on a personal note what is everyone's opinion of Red Faction Armageddon and Guerrilla? Thinking about getting those two but I'm not sure. Thanks!

[quote name='whitereflection']I don't think they were ever part of the sale for PS3. Gamefly has never raised prices on a sale item while it was still running nor removed free shipping. Those are just Gamefly's normal prices for those two.[/QUOTE]
El Shaddai is part of the March end of the month sale, it was $10 with free shipping. So gamefly did raise the price and removed free shipping. Check the OP and posts from the first few pages of this thread.

[quote name='whitereflection']I don't think they were ever part of the sale for PS3. Gamefly has never raised prices on a sale item while it was still running nor removed free shipping. Those are just Gamefly's normal prices for those two.[/QUOTE]
My mistake, rechecked the OP, got mixed up with El Shaddai for 360. The PS3 version was never on sale.

[quote name='storl026']I've been waiting for 3 days for L.A. Noire to come back in stock. :wall:[/QUOTE]
if you have one of those coupons from the Bestbuy magazine then you can essentially score LA Noire for $8

Got my :ps3:X-men Destiny today (ordered Friday, shipped Saturday), arrived in excellent condition.

Anyone want to weigh on condition of 360 discs they've gotten? I recall seeing some folks talk about getting scuffed/heavily-used discs in previous threads, but I'm tempted to get a :360: copy of Driver:SF or Shadows of the Damned as well.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Got my :ps3:X-men Destiny today (ordered Friday, shipped Saturday), arrived in excellent condition.

Anyone want to weigh on condition of 360 discs they've gotten? I recall seeing some folks talk about getting scuffed/heavily-used discs in previous threads, but I'm tempted to get a :360: copy of Driver:SF or Shadows of the Damned as well.[/QUOTE]

I got my LA Noire and Deus Ex: HR and aside from the shrink wrap being gone I would swear the games were new. Disks in pristine condition as were the cases and instructions.

Waiting on Shadows of the Damned, Space Marines and Crysis 2

Today I received:

:360: Shadows of the Damned
:360: Portal 2
:360: El Shaddai

All came in absolutely perfect condition. Boxes were mint, Instructions never touched, and no scratches or chips anywhere on the discs.

It seems to be completely YMMV on condition of these. Definitely pleased for all 3 of those for 35. :D

Ordered Cap America and AC: Brotherhood on monday. Got here today. Both look in very good condition. Case, manuals, everything.

[quote name='eldergamer']Ordered Cap America and AC: Brotherhood on monday. Got here today. Both look in very good condition. Case, manuals, everything.[/QUOTE]

God to hear, that was gonna be my exact order, but Cap was sold out by the time i got to it.

did you get them on PS3 or 360?

I've ordered around 20 used 360 games from Gamefly over the last year or so and have yet to have a single problem. The discs are usually pristine and online access codes have been included every time.

[quote name='jupiterjones']Guerrilla is awesome and fun. Armageddon is neither of those.[/QUOTE]

1000% true.

Snagged Dark Souls (ps3) and Alice: MR(360). The prices were right, although I've never purchased from gamefly before, does anyone know how long the free shipping usually takes? I do believe that they have a facility in my area (Pittsburgh, PA) if that makes a difference.

[quote name='cirodot']Snagged Dark Souls (ps3) and Alice: MR(360). The prices were right, although I've never purchased from gamefly before, does anyone know how long the free shipping usually takes? I do believe that they have a facility in my area (Pittsburgh, PA) if that makes a difference.[/QUOTE]

i'm in nyc & it usually takes like 5 days. But it could vary. I once got my games 2days after ordering.

[quote name='pestilence420'] Also on a personal note what is everyone's opinion of Red Faction Armageddon and Guerrilla? Thinking about getting those two but I'm not sure. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Armageddon is the worst game of last year. Just god f'n awful. Find a demo before wasting money on it.

[quote name='born2kill']i'm in nyc & it usually takes like 5 days. But it could vary. I once got my games 2days after ordering.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm in NY so I should receive my copy of El Shaddai in a few days. Hoping it comes in mint condition!

Well I think I'm done with Gamefly. Super fast shipping and prestine cases does not make up for chipped unreadable discs. Got 360 copies of Deus Ex and Dead Space 2. Deus Ex installed fine but my 360 didn't even recognize the second disc of Dead Space. I just can't say no to those awesome deals!

bread's done
Back