GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Josh1billion']Picked up Fallout: New Vegas. $10? Hell of a deal! And I love how GameFly's "used" games feel practically new.[/QUOTE]

A new copy could've been had from Best Buy a few months ago for the same price. $10 sounds about right. I haven't played it yet, but I'll get around to it.

[quote name='drmanhattan445']Picked up Bulletstorm X2 so my buddy and I could co-op kill :applause:[/QUOTE]

There's not really campaign co-op if that's what you mean....

[quote name='Cysquatch']There's not really campaign co-op if that's what you mean....[/QUOTE]

Either way I'm ok with it at this price. But I do wish more games had campaign co-op like borderlands. I can't keep track of how many hours I poured into it playing alongside my buddy.

[quote name='jayntampa']Ah, tempted by Splatterhouse ... anyone played it? Is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

I got it a few weeks ago and I find it to be a lot of fun. It's just so satisfying to beat the hell out of everything.

Bulletstorm is surprisingly good. I know you are probably expecting some Duke Nukem type mess, but the gameplay, characters, and dialog are all well done. Totally worth $10.

[quote name='CheapyD']Bulletstorm is surprisingly good. I know you are probably expecting some Duke Nukem type mess, but the gameplay, characters, and dialog are all well done. Totally worth $10.[/QUOTE]

Dang it Cheapy!!! You made me take a bullet (pun intended :roll:). Well you plus pretty much everyone here recommends it. So far 5 games in the past week :cold: That backlog keeps on growing. BTW got Lair and Folklore for $10 at a Sony outlet

I'm surprised to see people not buying Bulletstorm at that price.
I bought it for $9.99 and I had a blast with that game. This game was just plain fun.

These are great prices, really glad I didn't jump on Spider-man two nights ago because I grabbed Bulletstorm. Perfect price. I hope the DLCs not taken, but oh well if it has been.

Dangit! With praise from Cheapy on top of the CAG consensus, I now have to jump on Bulletstorm. Darn you! Darn you all to heck! Hope the codes come with it. Thanks, fellow CAGers :)

CheapyD also liked Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood and that was fucking terrible. Just because he's head honcho doesn't mean we all just have to go with him as the final say. No offense to Cheapy, but yeah.

[quote name='p-spiddy']Dangit! With praise from Cheapy on top of the CAG consensus, I now have to jump on Bulletstorm. Darn you! Darn you all to heck! Hope the codes come with it. Thanks, fellow CAGers :)[/QUOTE]

According to their website they send the DLC codes with the game. I got my copy of Red Faction the other day and all DLC codes were in the box.

Bulletstorm at $10 should be a no-brainer. But I guess if you need further convincing, there's a demo on psn.

[quote name='ratandjmt']According to their website they send the DLC codes with the game. I got my copy of Red Faction the other day and all DLC codes were in the box.[/QUOTE]

Awesome!

[quote name='bardockkun']CheapyD also liked Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood and that was fucking terrible. Just because he's head honcho doesn't mean we all just have to go with him as the final say. No offense to Cheapy, but yeah.[/QUOTE]

No it wasn't. You may not like it, which is fine, but it's far from a terrible game.

[quote name='ratandjmt']According to their website they send the DLC codes with the game. I got my copy of Red Faction the other day and all DLC codes were in the box.[/QUOTE]

What's the dlc for RF: A? Didn't know it had any.

[quote name='Cysquatch']What's the dlc for RF: A? Didn't know it had any.[/QUOTE]

I got a code for the Ruin mode. I haven't got a chance to try it yet.

Really want Splatterhouse but how many of the OG Sega games does it have hidden again, do they need to be unlocked..full games?

[quote name='whoknows']No it wasn't. You may not like it, which is fine, but it's far from a terrible game.[/QUOTE]

No, it was terrible.

To each their own though

[quote name='jayntampa']Ah, tempted by Splatterhouse ... anyone played it? Is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

Descent bargain game, but not much replay value. Some super cheap enemies (non-blockable combos and 1 hit kills) and crazy long load times, as well as some buggy areas, make it frustrating at times. You will want to install it for your play through. Kind of short too, but glad since if it had been longer I would of gotten really annoyed.

I know nothing of this Dance Paradise. Worth it?

[quote name='DarkSora09']No, it was terrible.

To each their own though[/QUOTE]

I'll cosign this statement. I was a huge fan of the 1st 2 CoJ games and the latest one absolutely sucked. It completely felt like it wasn't even a CoJ game. I rented it for 2 days and it was a chore to make it past the first 2 levels.

[quote name='loc0bob']I'll cosign this statement. I was a huge fan of the 1st 2 CoJ games and the latest one absolutely sucked. It completely felt like it wasn't even a CoJ game. I rented it for 2 days and it was a chore to make it past the first 2 levels.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way I tried to force myself to play it but I couldn't it was that bad.

[quote name='loc0bob']I'll cosign this statement. I was a huge fan of the 1st 2 CoJ games and the latest one absolutely sucked. It completely felt like it wasn't even a CoJ game. I rented it for 2 days and it was a chore to make it past the first 2 levels.[/QUOTE]

We're talking about Bound In Blood aka the 2nd one ;)

Thanks for the info and also doing the research I'm too lazy to do. Cheers.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Descent bargain game, but not much replay value. Some super cheap enemies (non-blockable combos and 1 hit kills) and crazy long load times, as well as some buggy areas, make it frustrating at times. You will want to install it for your play through. Kind of short too, but glad since if it had been longer I would of gotten really annoyed.

I know nothing of this Dance Paradise. Worth it?[/QUOTE]

Not a big fan actually. I have Dance Central and played Dance Paradise a couple of nights ago at a friend's place. We ended up switching to Dance Central after a couple of songs

[quote name='whoknows']We're talking about Bound In Blood aka the 2nd one ;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that one. Don't want to veer off this thread too much, but the draw segments at the end of each chapter drove me insane. That and I hated all the characters in the story. So it wasn't my cup of tea in anyway.

Darn, wish they would re-run Castlevania rather than Bulletstorm (the latter of which I did nab the other day). Really probably the only way I was likely to get Bulletstorm was through gamefly, as $10 was about the price point I was waiting on, and getting it from anywhere else the DLC codes probably wouldn't be included.

[quote name='cag1000']Really want Splatterhouse but how many of the OG Sega games does it have hidden again, do they need to be unlocked..full games?[/QUOTE]

All 3 originals are unlocked by the time you beat the game. You don't have to do anything extra or abnormal...aside from ripping the butt-meat out of a few trolls along the way. Literally.

dang junk games tonight. Splatterhouse was like 15 or something brand new on amazon or cheaper at one or a few times right? I am waiting for a $10 mark since i seen it around $15 a few times new.

[quote name='Wolfen2k7']god dammit.... what a crappy time to not have $10... oh new vegas... I am sad.. :([/QUOTE]

You can't be as sad as I feel. I bought a week or so after launch, and I still haven't started it yet.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']
I know nothing of this Dance Paradise. Worth it?[/QUOTE]

If you only want 1 dance game, make sure it's Dance Central. But if you're interested in dance games, Dance Paradise isn't bad. It's got a better soundtrack than DC, and it has the original music videos. And it has simultaneous multiplayer.

But make sure you install it to the hard drive because the music videos cause a long loading time when run off disc only.

The trick with Dance Paradise is to be in the correct lane for the move to count as a pass. They set it up like Rock Band or Guitar Hero so your guy has to be in the correct lane. So if you have to do the mash potato move in the left lane, you have to step left before you can do the move. And it has power ups too that you can use to mess up your opponent.

Picked up Bulletstorm this morning. Was on the fence but read a few reviews and sounds promising.

Just purchased Bulletstorm from GameFly last night. It was my first purchase from them, and I discovered that my credit card information cannot be deleted afterward.

I hate it when that happens. Everyone else, like Amazon and Gohastings, allows you to delete your payment information afterwards. Gohastings allows you to make purchases through a "Guest Account."

I'm always uneasy with sites retaining my payment information in the case that they get hacked.

Is anyone else worried about this? Can it be removed somehow? The only other company that retains my payment information, even after I had canceled my account, is Netflix.

I wish I could have gotten Spider Man, but hopefully next time. Bit on Bulletstorm. Saw gameplays and I think it's a fun game to play for $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back