Gamefly - Wreck-It Ralph $9 (Wii), Sleeping Dogs $10 (PS3/360), $10 NCAA Football 13 (PS3/360), $20 Bioshock Infinite (PS3/360)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
:wii: Wreck-It Ralph - $8.99

:360: NCAA Football 13 - $9.99

:ps3: NCAA Football 13 - $9.99

:360: Sleeping Dogs - $9.99

:ps3: Sleeping Dogs - $9.99

:360: Bioshock Infinite - $19.99

:ps3: Bioshock Infinite - $19.99

Most of these probably aren't sales.  Sleeping Dogs has been $9.99 for like a week, and Bioshock Infinite :360: has been $20 for longer than that.  They did just recently add the :ps3: version though.

All Gamefly games come with free shipping.  All are used but usually in good shape.  Will include cases and manuals.  

Games go in and out of stock.  Keep an eye on the website from time to time for restocks.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you on this one, too.

Games like Skyrim, CoD (when I used to get it) and Bioshock all make sense to get on the 360. But just about everything else, I prefer my PS3. It is really funny because I had both systems and the PS3 was a dust collector for so many years. Now, I rarely touch the 360.

I think it took a while for the PS3 to catch up to the 360. But I love that system more than ever now.
Same with me. Bought both consoles at launch. The 360 was definetely the better one initially with the most exclusive games and most multiplat games were using the 360 as the lead. The tables have turned in the last couple of years though. I too now buy mostly PS3 games. Going forward, I will pick up PS4 first and take a wait and see approach on XB One.

I Just remember the demo for Epic Mickey 2 was not very good. Controlling the paint brush with the right analog is not fun at all and the camera (especially for platforming) was still terrible.

So theres been a lot of small gamely deals lately, is this a daily thing? Do we expect different sales this week? trying to decide if I should Bite on GOW or wait for another potential sale on a title i want right now.

So theres been a lot of small gamely deals lately, is this a daily thing? Do we expect different sales this week? trying to decide if I should Bite on GOW or wait for another potential sale on a title i want right now.
My own observations have shown that they throw up sales like this in bursts (a couple of nights a week, if not a whole weeks worth, for a week or two at a time) in between their big blowout sales (of which they had one not too long ago). I imagine were are in store for a bigger sale in the next month, maybe two months (if it takes that long) since they are going to want to be moving some of the older stock and current-gen stuff out for the new console game releases which will be rented HARD no doubt.

My own observations have shown that they throw up sales like this in bursts (a couple of nights a week, if not a whole weeks worth, for a week or two at a time) in between their big blowout sales (of which they had one not too long ago). I imagine were are in store for a bigger sale in the next month, maybe two months (if it takes that long) since they are going to want to be moving some of the older stock and current-gen stuff out for the new console game releases which will be rented HARD no doubt.
Yeah their weekly sales are 100% random and no way of knowing when they'll start or stop. I usually just check their website and twitter in the afternoons to see if there are any new free shipping items or deals.

They do do 1 big sale every month, usually the 2nd Tuesday of the month I believe. Though their last 2 monthly sales have been quite underwhelming.

Wow, 13 bucks for Dead Island Riptide. I heard it was crappy and I did enjoy the first one. Worth a shot. Bought.

Is that a good price for Far Cry 3? It will probably be one of the $10 Black Friday games in a few months.
Personally, its my favorite game of the generation. Played through it three times, the story is kinda laughable to be honest, but still an amazing game. I'd get it at $15 if I were you.

The contribution you've added to this thread was vital. Thank you for taking the time and effort to contribute. We all owe you a debt of gratitude.
Isn't he the same user that always comment about chip disc before? His tag was also vdiot. I can't remember what his old username was or why he changed it.

Ahh, he was chunlirocks and banned. haha

Thanks OP. I was waiting for a good price point on DI:R but was holding out for the special edition. This price was just too good to pass up though.

Is that a good price for Far Cry 3? It will probably be one of the $10 Black Friday games in a few months.
If you have even a remote inkling that you may want to play Far Cry3, or you like open world games, OR you like shooters, Jesus H. Tap Dancing Christ, buy this fucking game. So good.

Oh I'm buying the game alright, Bulldozer. I do love a good shooter and practically all shooting games. I was just wondering if $15 is a good price for it. I guess not since not may people have commented here on whether they had picked it up or not.

If you have even a remote inkling that you may want to play Far Cry3, or you like open world games, OR you like shooters, Jesus H. Tap Dancing Christ, buy this fucking game. So good.

Great deals but I'm still grinding towards platinum in Dragon's Crown, preordered Madden for the $45 TIV at BB, and I also preordered KH HD Collection and GTA V. Must not tap out!

$14 shipped for Dead Island Riptide yeah I couldn't resist that. First game was decent I enjoyed it enough to get all the trophies for it looks like you can import your character into this one pretty cool. 

in for Far Cry 3, thanks OP

I'm usually too slow during Black Friday sales so I think this is as good as it gets for me

You convinced me. I was undecided on whether to get the 360 or PS3 version at $20, but for $15 PS3 wins!
Great choice. Far cry 3 is of the rare breed of game, let alone of the shooter genre, that is actually worth 60$. You get a bargain at any price below that imo.

Great choice. Far cry 3 is of the rare breed of game, let alone of the shooter genre, that is actually worth 60$. You get a bargain at any price below that imo.
uh, no why are you even on CAG? We CAG's never pay full price for games!

This game has been $20 new on Amazon.com, bestbuy and gamestop for the past few months. It should hit about $10 this black friday

Wow, 13 bucks for Dead Island Riptide. I heard it was crappy and I did enjoy the first one. Worth a shot. Bought.
Not crappy at all. If you dug the first one, this one picks up right where that left off with pretty much the exact same gameplay (with a few enhancements here and there like "defense" missions and swampy areas you can explore by wading or by boat). Maybe a little bit in the "more of the same" category, but I probably enjoyed it as much as the first game. Definitely worth $13.

uh, no why are you even on CAG? We CAG's never pay full price for games!

This game has been $20 new on Amazon.com, bestbuy and gamestop for the past few months. It should hit about $10 this black friday
I'd be lying if I said I've never stood in line for a midnight launch and gladly forked over $60 for a game. And by time black Friday roles around the next gen consoles will be out and I'll have a hard time giving current games a fair shake.

I'd be lying if I said I've never stood in line for a midnight launch and gladly forked over $60 for a game. And by time black Friday roles around the next gen consoles will be out and I'll have a hard time giving current games a fair shake.
This. Not everyone wants to wait 4-5 months for a game to go down 10 bucks. The ''wait til black Friday" line should only be used after October 1 or for consoles. Someone told me to wait for BF in March. WTF. lol

This. Not everyone wants to wait 4-5 months for a game to go down 10 bucks. The ''wait til black Friday" line should only be used after October 1 or for consoles. Someone told me to wait for BF in March. WTF. lol
There were people last year like A WEEK AFTER BF saying to wait for next BF. Even now with it being 2 months away, there are only certain games worth waiting for.

There were people last year like A WEEK AFTER BF saying to wait for next BF. Even now with it being 2 months away, there are only certain games worth waiting for.
The avg CAG has a backlog large enough to last them well into 2015. So waiting 3 or 4 months is not the end of the world. Especially if you are buying something with no intent of playing it anytime soon.

I didn't say that, but I always think that. If I see a game price on BF, but couldn't buy it, I refuse to get it at any other price unless it's within $5 of that BF price, no matter how long I have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back