Gamefly - Wreck-It Ralph $9 (Wii), Sleeping Dogs $10 (PS3/360), $10 NCAA Football 13 (PS3/360), $20 Bioshock Infinite (PS3/360)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
:wii: Wreck-It Ralph - $8.99

:360: NCAA Football 13 - $9.99

:ps3: NCAA Football 13 - $9.99

:360: Sleeping Dogs - $9.99

:ps3: Sleeping Dogs - $9.99

:360: Bioshock Infinite - $19.99

:ps3: Bioshock Infinite - $19.99

Most of these probably aren't sales.  Sleeping Dogs has been $9.99 for like a week, and Bioshock Infinite :360: has been $20 for longer than that.  They did just recently add the :ps3: version though.

All Gamefly games come with free shipping.  All are used but usually in good shape.  Will include cases and manuals.  

Games go in and out of stock.  Keep an eye on the website from time to time for restocks.  

Last edited by a moderator:
The avg CAG has a backlog large enough to last them well into 2015. So waiting 3 or 4 months is not the end of the world. Especially if you are buying something with no intent of playing it anytime soon.
As a habitual backlogger, I'm convinced backlog is a gaming way of saying we're hoarders. We're not gonna back at some time and play Driver San Francisco or Homefront or Tales of TalesAssTailsia. We are all full of s***. If the deal is good now, get it while you're interested. Games come out too fast and we CAGers have more money than time.

Wow. Dead Island 360 sold out already? Less than 10 minutes? Do games go in and out of stock at all? /smh

As a habitual backlogger, I'm convinced backlog is a gaming way of saying we're hoarders. We're not gonna back at some time and play Driver San Francisco or Homefront or Tales of TalesAssTailsia. We are all full of s***. If the deal is good now, get it while you're interested. Games come out too fast and we CAGers have more money than time.
Lol, I would agree with you, but I do go back and play older games that have been sitting in my backlog for quite some time. I finally finished playing Bioshock a couple days ago which was a game that I started back in '08. My biggest problem with such a huge backlog is that I don't really know what I want to play next. I've got all my stuff added to my backloggery and they have this nifty 'fortune cookie' that random selects a game from my list, so I've been using that to pick games (I've been working on games that I started and never finished).

I've been loving these Gamefly deals because I've picked up quite a few titles I have been eyeing for good prices. When I seen the price of Dead Island: Riptide drop down to $13 yesterday I was like "Hell yeah!", but then my cart told me that the price of GoW: Judgment went back up to $25 :(

Eh, nothing for me today. This is like the first sale in a while I haven't bought anything from them. That is a good deal on Dishonored for that price but I have a feeling it will keep dropping in price especially if the rumor about it getting a GOTY edition is true.

The avg CAG has a backlog large enough to last them well into 2015. So waiting 3 or 4 months is not the end of the world. Especially if you are buying something with no intent of playing it anytime soon.

I am an average CAG by this standard ... ha ha!

Very glad nothing for me. Bought 3a games from their sales not to mention a few from the microsoft sale thank you for giving my wallet a break. Can wait for a 15good price point or less on tomb raider.

Picked up Far Cry 3 for 360, been wanting to get it for quite some time, thanks OP!

Almost got Tomb Raider but I'm going to wait until it hits 12.99 at some point

Hey, does anyone know if Wreck-it Ralph on the Wii is worth it for $12.51 shipped?  I'm thinking of buying it for my 4 year old nephew as a Christmas gift and I'm not sure if the price will go lower or be sold out by then.

Not to get off topic, but I'm also on the fence for PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale.  I was thinking of giving a red GOW PS3 to a friend because his birthday is coming up soon and wanted to give him a game to go with it.  The thing is I don't know if it's hard to swap out the hard drive from a super slim 500gb GOW Red PS3 and back up all my stuff to put it on the 500gb hard drive.  I have one of the original 60gb backwards compatible PS3s and that's why I'm giving him the super slim instead of keeping it, in case anyone is wondering.

Oh dammit all. Somebody talk me down from getting Dishonored. It's $20 new on Amazon, I fully expect a GOTY edition to come out, but that will probably be $40, and by then...will I even care to play the game?

I thought Deus Ex was above average, loved FO3, hated Vegas, never played Skyrim. Am I wasting my money if I get a $13 Dishonored?

Oh dammit all. Somebody talk me down from getting Dishonored. It's $20 new on Amazon, I fully expect a GOTY edition to come out, but that will probably be $40, and by then...will I even care to play the game?

I thought Deus Ex was above average, loved FO3, hated Vegas, never played Skyrim. Am I wasting my money if I get a $13 Dishonored?
I beat Dishonored in about 2 days, but I flew through it. There's a little bit of replay value with getting the collectibles, some side missions, or if you want to do an all-stealth-no-kills replay.

For $13, I think it's worth it. It's a great game of this generation that'll be remembered fondly by many people.

My backlog isn't even that large when compared to a lot of CAGs but I spend less than 4 hours a week gaming. Weekdays I work, go to the gym or go for a run after. Yard work and errands in my other free time weekdays and weekends I'm barely at the house.

My backlog isn't even that large when compared to a lot of CAGs but I spend less than 4 hours a week gaming. Weekdays I work, go to the gym or go for a run after. Yard work and errands in my other free time weekdays and weekends I'm barely at the house.
That's been the reason for my inability to chip away at the backlog. I don't feel that I buy too many games, I just don't have the time to play them. I work a little over 60 hours a week, and here lately all my free time has been spent remodeling. :headache:

I'm glad to hear it. $13 is a great price, but Dishonored is one of those games with great DLCs, so getting a GOTY edition is a must. Borderlands 2's GOTY edition is coming out around the same time as well.

I believe the Dishonored Goty edition comes out in October.

Thanks OP! Was bummed yesterday when Far Cry 3 was for PS3 only. Snagged a copy for 360! 

For those on the fence about Dishonored, it is an absolutely great game. I bought it for this price and didn't regret it. I also got the DLC on sale, so that helped. (Also, the Dunwall City Trials are not great. Fun if you are looking for a challenge, but for completionists, it will kill you). 

Looks like they're re-doing all their previous weeks sales, well at least most of them.

I regrabbed Dead Space 3 :360: for $10 and Metal Gear Rising :ps3: for $15.  My previous copies of those ended up at Best Buy for $25.20 and $23.10, respectively.  Maybe I'll get to keep these two and play them.

I'll update the OP shortly.

As I suspected, the Gears Judgment copies are from the time when the game still offered a digital code for the original Gears of War. Got it in today as such. Maybe add this to the OP?

No Wii U games! Been waiting for some decent prices on Wii U games via Gamefly and they just keep disappointing.
There really just aren't that many decent Wii U games period let alone exclusives and we are coming up on 10 months since launch soon. I think the only used games for WII U I even considered getting was the blockbuster sale b1g1 a while back, but decided I didn't need to play black ops 2 off-tv.

Maybe Gamefly just doesn't carry that many Wii U games to begin with, so that translates into less to offer for sale. Kinda how there seem to be less PS3 copies of a game for sale most times compared to the Xbox 360 version.

The most excitement I've had on the WII U this summer (besides Pikmin 3) was when I turned on the console yesterday and saw that the original Legend of Zelda was available on the E-shop. But that is a great game and I was waiting a long while for it to play on the gamepad.

Thanks OP, missed Dead Space 3 last sale, so I made sure to hop on it this time. Should be able to beat it and (at a minimum) break even with a trade. Great deal.

Can I use my gf's GF account to buy games and have them shipped to my address instead? (for the 10% off discount and reward points).

They're not gonna get pissed off and ban her account or anything right? Her certificates always go to waste.

And no, we're not local so don't tell me just to ship to her address instead :D

Can I use my gf's GF account to buy games and have them shipped to my address instead? (for the 10% off discount and reward points).

They're not gonna get pissed off and ban her account or anything right? Her certificates always go to waste.

And no, we're not local so don't tell me just to ship to her address instead :D
You don't need an active GF account to order games. You can buy then with just a free account. I've never had a gamefly sub, but I've bought dozens of games from them over the last few years.

I know that. That's what I've been doing, but she doesn't buy games so her $5 certificates are all going to waste. And if I use her account I'd be saving 10% off everything.

decent price on BioShock Infinite too... but as tempted as I am to grab that along with DS3 and AC3, I think I'm done buying games until Black Friday, have enough sitting collecting dust at the moment.

Why do people onto CHEAPASSGAMER and say things like, "for $20 this is a steal!" Or "Who can say no to Game X for $15?" ???

CHEAPASS = one who wants things as cheap as possible
GAMER = one who plays games

You say $20 is a good deal, I say its $10 too much.
You say $ 15 is a good deal, I say $7.99 is a good deal.

Some of us live on a budget, and $10 games fit much nicer in that budget than $20 games.

Also, why no love for ps3?

Know what the answer is gonna be, but the collector in me wants to ask anyway: Does DMC come with a manual? Opening games like DMC and Tales of Xillia bum me the fuck out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back