GameFly Xbox 360 & PS3 Used Game Sale With Free Shipping

Lot of great deals to be had in this one, and I really considered Arkham and ODST at those prices, but my backlog and wallet are still ravaged from the last GF sale and the GS B1G1 fiasco so I'll pass this time around.

Seriously, though, to echo almost everyone so far, Red Faction: Guerrilla for that price is a steal.

As a more than moderate Ghostbusters fan, can someone tell me if the game lives up to the camp nature of the movies?

Oh, and is it fun too?

Ghostbusters is well worth $10. I paid $9.99 shipped for my copy - I'm only a moderate fan - and I really enjoyed it. Worth $10 for sure. It's not incredibly long but you'll get your moneys worth on a $9.99 buy.

[quote name='YoUnGKiLlAh']interested in ghostbusters for ps3, is it worth $12.99?[/QUOTE]

I got the 360 version but I'm pretty sure they are virtually the same.
I bought it from a fellow CAG and really enjoyed it even though I never knew what Ghostbusters was when I first bought it.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']I got the 360 version but I'm pretty sure they are virtually the same.
I bought it from a fellow CAG and really enjoyed it even though I never knew what Ghostbusters was when I first bought it.[/QUOTE]

You're joking, right?

[quote name='Izod517']Ghostbusters is well worth $10. I paid $9.99 shipped for my copy - I'm only a moderate fan - and I really enjoyed it. Worth $10 for sure. It's not incredibly long but you'll get your moneys worth on a $9.99 buy.[/QUOTE]Cool, thanks a lot. Was only $9.80 shipped (10% off being a member and all). I'm sure it'll go right to my backlog, but this'll be good for one of those dumb game days lol

If anyone is on the fence about Red Faction, buy it. It's certainly not the best game, but damn is it fun. I never got tired of pummeling things with the ol' sledge.

Thanks for the deals nothing for me this time tho Cheapy.

If I didn't have Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 already I would have bought that. Hope they bring back the DLC some day.

[quote name='limelight022']Is Matt Hazzard THAT bad? I really want to like it, but i need some opinions.
[/QUOTE]

Not at all. It reminded me quite a bit of the campaign for Timesplitters: Future Perfect, but with more humor.

It's better as a rental, but still good for $10 if you thought Ghostbusters was worth it.

Others have mentioned the easy achievements, what they didn't mention is they're the funniest achievements I've seen since Force Unleashed's "Worst day-shift manager ever".

Ghostbusters is definitely worth the 10 bucks. I just wish I had some people to play it with. The multiplayer is alot of fun I think. Batman AA was worth 60$, so 20$ bucks is a steal. The GOTY is Europe only as far as I know.

Really tempted to get Dead Space. Been waiting for a good price but I may resist.

[quote name='Abeja']Ghostbusters is definitely worth the 10 bucks. I just wish I had some people to play it with. The multiplayer is alot of fun I think. Batman AA was worth 60$, so 20$ bucks is a steal. The GOTY is Europe only as far as I know.

Really tempted to get Dead Space. Been waiting for a good price but I may resist.[/QUOTE]

Batman AA GOTY said to be out Asia and Europe, but it later was confirmed to be out NA on May.

I've been holding out on a good deal on Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2. Best i've found before this thread was $27 so i'm sold for $15! Would be nice to get that retired DLC tho..

Considering GH5 as well, but i really wanna retire my plastic instruments. lol! Anyways, thanks for the heads-up on the great deals.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sherisdoppel']Batman AA GOTY said to be out Asia and Europe, but it later was confirmed to be out NA on May.[/QUOTE]

Well you just made my day. I go to the forums pretty often and didnt look into the GOTY after it waas announced for Europe. Thats awesome.

[quote name='limelight022']Is Matt Hazzard THAT bad? I really want to like it, but i need some opinions.[/QUOTE]

I personally loved the game, not for the gameplay,
but for the humor. I'd give it 7/10.

I purchased Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, and Section 8.

I'm somewhat interested in GI Joe, Clone Wars and Wolfenstein, but not at these prices. Will still wait for more clearance madness. :)

[quote name='limelight022']Sounds like a B2G1F is in order for you sir...+2 more...[/QUOTE]
Yeah I wish I could of taken more advantage of the B1G1F Gamestop.com had going the other day but you know the economy. :p

Now that I think about even though Gamestop's used prices (including my edge card) are almost twice as much as Gamefly's I would technically be getting two for the price of one so it would of all equaled out.

Bah. Here's hoping GS's gameday surprises me.

I think I'm going to hold out a little more for Wolfenstien. Added it to my cart, but just can't pull the trigger. And if I didn't already get them from GS B1G1, I'd have picked up Star Ocean & MUA2.

any opinions on if should i pick up Call of Juarez and Bionic Commando PS3? i have a huge backlog, and plan on playing Resonance of Fate and Red Dead Redemption in the near future (once i'm done FFXIII)... but the cag in me loves those prices.

and I'll echo everyone's comments on Red Faction - get it! one of the most fun games in years. not the -best-, but definitely up there in the fun category.

ps- has anyone got their Darksider's copy of RF yet? i traded it away, so used that to get another copy. hasn't shown up yet.

have 3 games thinking about getting is transformers revenge of the fallen worth 10? or brutal legend worth 15 or MUA2 worth 15?

Is Red Fraction good? I didn't like the demo at all, and it doesn't seem like my type of game. I still have $5 GameFly dollars from back when I was a member, so it'd be $10.

Thank you so much. I picked up Batman and ODST. Those are gonna go fast. Glad I waited on picking up ODST all those months.

I thoroughly enjoyed most of Red Faction. The actual game play made me think Grand Theft Auto on Mars, and I mean Vice City and San Andreas style, when the controls and feel and chaos was actually fun! (still hating on you, GTA4). But the game felt too short, and not deep enough and even with how much I was initially hooked, I couldnt get passed that over-before-it-started feel, and it soured it for me more than I would have hoped. Incredible fun while it lasted though. I did have a blast with it for what its worth.

Got halo 3 odst, thank god i didn't buy this shit new.

Also could anyone recommend another game from this list, i'm looking for fun mess around multiplayer. Not sure if red faction guerilla's multiplayer lets u mess around in the whole open world with a friend or if its just lousy matchmaking fighting. And I'm not sure if wolfensteins multiplayer is worth it. Let me know what you think guys.

I'd also like to reiterate, haha i got into the reach beta for 1/3 what most suckers paid. That is all.

I can tell you that RF:G's multiplayer is essentially dead except for a few hardcore players. If you have some friends who would play it with you, it'd be a blast, but if not, don't bother.

At those prices, I'd be all over ODST, Ghostbusters and Beatles RB if I didn't already have them.

Great deal on Batman AA, but I'm tempted to wait for the GOTY edition. Is there any advantage to GOTY other than the 3D? And how much of the game will be 3D?

Well, looks like I'll finally pick up Juarez and RFG, though. Wasn't too impressed with RFG demo, but it's gotten too many recommendations to be a dud.

In for to many (dang gamefly and STEAM)

ODST (friends say its good for a few minutes as its so short)
Ghostbusters-such praise and good review, then... nothing
Brutal Ledgend-looked fun and he hasnt made a bad game
Section 8- cheep... not even sure what it is.

[quote name='probin74243']At those prices, I'd be all over ODST, Ghostbusters and Beatles RB if I didn't already have them.[/QUOTE]I'm pretty tempted by Ghostbusters. For $10, I should just pull the trigger already, but I have a feeling I'd never get to it. My backlog is already out of control, and I think Ghostbusters would just get lost in there.

I did pick up Overlord II. My son has wanted to play that one for a while, and I was too late on it during the last GF sale (most everything was OOS by the time I saw the deal on CAG). I think it's a few bucks cheaper this time around, so that's cool.

When I purchased ODST, it required me to sign up. This doesn't mean that I now have Gamefly's rental service does it? Also, I signed up for Gamefly a while back and cancelled my membership. How long does it take before my account is permanently deleted? I don't want to be billed for any services, I just want my copy of ODST.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like GF is picking up the slack for yesterday's crappy gold box event. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on Batman:AA. Didn't think I'd see a copy of Wolverine at this price for a long while.

Red Faction and Wolfenstein are very tempting at that price but I really don't need any new games at the moment :whistle2:?

I couldn't pass up Red Faction and Overlord II at those prices, even if I do have several unplayed games still sitting on my shelf. Thanks Cheapy!

[quote name='ryushe']Cool, thanks a lot. Was only $9.80 shipped (10% off being a member and all). I'm sure it'll go right to my backlog, but this'll be good for one of those dumb game days lol[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what it's perfect for - it took up one of my dumb game day Sundays a few weeks ago and I was rather pleased with it.

[quote name='seabiscuit68']ODST - been waiting for this on the cheap. $20 for all the maps (didn't buy any so now I get to play the MP again), plus the campaign, plus firefight, plus the Reach Beta.....who wouldn't buy it for that?[/QUOTE]

well when you put it that way.... finally bit.

bread's done
Back